FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

We literally have one shot kill power weapons lol. And something that turns you invisible. How is that not worse. 

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We literally have one shot kill power weapons lol. And something that turns you invisible. How is that not worse. 

Quad damage can be applied to any weapon, but the contention usually lies in 1v1, not team games. 

1 death/life in quake is a lot more meaningful than in halo. Ttk is faster in halo also so those 1 shot weapons arent as drastic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Riddler said:

1 death/life in quake is a lot more meaningful than in halo. Ttk is faster in halo also so those 1 shot weapons arent as drastic. 

Plus movement speed in quake is insane. You can easily move across the map in a matter of seconds. So having a powerup like quad for an extended duration is even more impactful since you can chase down people MUCH easier. 

And to the point about rockets or snipes. Rockets spawn with 4 shots total. You get 4 kills generally. Quad you can blow everything you have with it till its timer runs out. And snipes requires a headshot to kill with, which despite what some of you act like, is not a guarantee to happen. 

Honestly anyone that is trying to say that rockets or snipes in halo are anywhere near the power level of quad damage in quake have obviously never touched quake. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we should have a weapon that you throw, so it's a projectile, but once thrown it fires hitscan bullets as it spins towards your opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I think we should have a weapon that you throw, so it's a projectile, but once thrown it fires hitscan bullets as it spins towards your opponent.

You mean the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark?

I think you're on to something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

15 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

The strength of quad damage in Quake dwarves the strength and bullshit of anything dumb to ever exist in Halo tbh, that powerup is total and complete nonsense. Even at the highest level of champion play, people just run from it and crouch in a corner. Because that's all you can do. Even a full 200/200 stack will go in less than a second from most weapons combo'd with the quad damage.  It pretty much single handedly is what gets me to rage quit quake every time I load it up, which is like...almost every day. There's been games where the post game carnage posts my mega health/mega armor pickups as 30+ and the enemies as ~5.  Doesn't matter, they got the quad damages. Which means they go on asinine 5 kill sprees in the matter of seconds.

Quad damage sounds like Supers in Destiny. The best strategy is to run, such a broken annoying thing to adapt to. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Do rockets not insta kill in quake? I've seen lightning quick games where players get killed at the moment of reaction.

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Do rockets not insta kill in quake? I've seen lightning quick games where players get killed at the moment of reaction.

Rockets do 100 damage on direct hit in all Quake games. Max splash damage and player health depends a lot on specific game and patch, and splash damage scales with distance from center.  Splash damage is probably like 60-80 on average.

Quake 3 for example used to spawn people with only 100hp and no armor, meaning even a railgun could go around point and click one-shotting everyone without stack.  In Quake Live it was (rightfully, imo) nerfed to 80 damage and people instead spawn with 125hp that deteriorates to 100 over time.

Armor in Quake works by taking the damage of the shot, applying 66% of that damage to armor and the remaining 33% to health.  Which is why it's crucial to pick up at least a little bit of it, can be the difference between getting oneshot or not.

Armor and Health Pickups let you (temporarily, depletes over time) max both out at 200 each, which is again the difference between getting instakilled and taking several seconds and 4-5 shots to put down.

TLDR it's all situational.

More editing but I keep forgetting shit...quad damage as the name implies quadruples damage.  IIRC quad damage Railgun or Direct Rocket can one-shot people even if they have the maximum possible health.  Protection is a direct counter, it reduces all damage taken by 80%, effectively quadrupling your hp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

5 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

You mean the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark?

I think you're on to something. 

1v1 prox mines only. 4 meatsims per team. Hope you like 7fps.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Quad damage is one of the most over powered items I can think of. Nothing can really contest it other than running and if you get it in a FFA than you can walk away with a ridiculous number of kills. In a room full of noobs you can pick up 15+ kills. I don't see how that applies to snipes and rockets. Even when you are perfect with them you are less likely to have that big of a run compared to this. I figured more people were in agreement about quad being one of the most OP things in any shooter.

99% of my matches I ignored the item, even when others would use them. Even if I killed them I often just let it sit there, or I'd pick it up and camp myself until it wore off. I just didn't find it fun at all and didn't feel like I needed it to win. If I was in a serious duel and the other person picked it up I wouldn't be happy but I'm also not going to cry about it. It's part of the game that I am choosing to ignore because I feel its too easy, too cheap, and has no real counter. Despite how I feel about it mechanically I am still aware that I'm creating these artificial rules in my head of how to play the game.

I can respect anyone who think an item is cheap and consciously does not use them as long as they are aware that it is a choice and not the games fault.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There’s this post on halo waypoint saying cross play will kill Xbox halo because they believe M&K will dominate and this guys reply is priceless and was needed to be said

Damn, everyone who’s complaining must really suck. If you’ve ever played halo online/eldewrito on pc, most players still use a controller and still dominate heavily. Not having cross play on multiplayer will kill this game for Xbox. Aim assist would still be there for controllers. So y’all are just bad and don’t want to get better lol.”

Lmao controller on halo online is proof that M&K have no advantage, as long as controller has AA. Heck’s look At destiny 2 on pc for Christ sake. 

Controller is worse than mouse. The average person is gunna be better on pc than on console. But that isnt important. Its not like everyone is ogre2. The skill spread will be wide. Also skill based matchmaking makes it not matter. Aiming is easy enough on console that you wont be useless even vs a bunch of mouse and keyboard gods anyway. 

I really wish the game didn't have crossplay and controller support was limited to zero aim-assist except for Campaign.

Trying to shove in crossplay and pander to console gamers when they aren't even the target audience in the first place is just going to compromise so much of the port's design and throw it's competitive integrity eternally into question.  Hell I even suspect mods will be ultra limited as a result.

I've already seen so much in the MCC Steam Discussions that just makes me want to rip my hair out.  People asking for splitscreen.  People saying KBM should be banned.  People claiming FPS grants unfair advantage and should be limited.  Console gamers who understand nothing of PC gaming yet for some reason aren't content to just stick to their own separate port of the game that they already own...

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Teapot said:

It's part of the game that I am choosing to ignore because I feel its too easy, too cheap, and has no real counter. Despite how I feel about it mechanically I am still aware that I'm creating these artificial rules in my head of how to play the game.

I can respect anyone who think an item is cheap and consciously does not use them as long as they are aware that it is a choice and not the games fault.

Literal scrub mentality. Do not respect.

• Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Literal scrub mentality. Do not respect.

Related image

Just now, Teapot said:

Related image

I wish it was bait. It's still scrub mentality. While I may bitch about dumb shit in Halo, I'm not just gonna dip on it during games for those reasons, lol. Advantage is an advantage regardless of how dumb the game's designed.

• Downvote (-1) 1

There is clearly a misunderstanding here unless you feel these two ideas are literally the same.

Both fall under the "scrub mentality" but the selling point of it all really boils down to how the scrub will complain and cry about these mechanics, deeming them cheap and shunning player's skill. They will limit themselves and then look down upon all others who don't follow suit. Most importantly, they will refuse to actually resort to "cheap" tactics even if the win is on the line. They would lose with their pride and blame the game and still be convinced they are of a higher skill level. They might feel as if they have better aim and therefor are the better player no matter what. They might feel like the combos and links are more well defined than someone who is playing a reactionary button mashing game, even if they lose.

There is little here that actually applies to me other than the fact that I choose not to use it for my own fun. I think it's much more fun to play the game without it. I have absolutely no problem with others that use it. I've won plenty of duels and FFA's without it. I've lost without using them. I've lost without my opponent using them. If it's a match I want to win and there was no agreement made then I am absolutely picking it up.

Both parties are limiting themselves, one will absolutely refuse to give in and has no self awareness of the issue at hand. The other will give in if they have to and have self awareness of their choice. Hopefully this helps you see there can be a difference in outlook. Maybe I am wrong and this is purely black and white to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teapot said:

There is clearly a misunderstanding here unless you feel these two ideas are literally the same.

Both fall under the "scrub mentality" but the selling point of it all really boils down to how the scrub will complain and cry about these mechanics, deeming them cheap and shunning player's skill. They will limit themselves and then look down upon all others who don't follow suit. Most importantly, they will refuse to actually resort to "cheap" tactics even if the win is on the line. They would lose with their pride and blame the game and still be convinced they are of a higher skill level. They might feel as if they have better aim and therefor are the better player no matter what. They might feel like the combos and links are more well defined than someone who is playing a reactionary button mashing game, even if they lose.

There is little here that actually applies to me other than the fact that I choose not to use it for my own fun. I think it's much more fun to play the game without it. I have absolutely no problem with others that use it. I've won plenty of duels and FFA's without it. I've lost without using them. I've lost without my opponent using them. If it's a match I want to win and there was no agreement made then I am absolutely picking it up.

Both parties are limiting themselves, one will absolutely refuse to give in and has no self awareness of the issue at hand. The other will give in if they have to and have self awareness of their choice. Hopefully this helps you see there can be a difference in outlook. Maybe I am wrong and this is purely black and white to you.

You're still not using something because of a perceived cheapness to it, despite the fact it's in the game. Because it's not fun to play like that to you, it's cheap, and has no counter, despite you not governing what the game's rules are in the case of the former two. It's still your self-made honor system. You can try and argue you're "less of a scrub" because you may not bitch, but you're still a scrub. You're just the mandarin orange of scrubs if it makes you feel better, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

>Mint Blitz montage.
Fuck outta here.

Have you yourself ever edited a montage before?

Also shoutouts to Aussie Halo.  They're having a H2 & H3 LAN tournament coming up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Squatting Bear said:

Have you yourself ever edited a montage before?

Also shoutouts to Aussie Halo.  They're having a H2 & H3 LAN tournament coming up.

Yeah, I've done some before, why?

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, I've done some before, why?

Just curious.  Would love to see one of them.

Also I'm not defending Mint Blitz's content.  He uploads a lot of H5, H2A and just a lot of bot farming I dont find too entertaining.