CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

melee was designed to be competitive and its the #1 selling game on gamecube. Well it wasn't designed to be competitive more so as it wasn't designed to be anti competitive like brawl,4, ultimate. they said "comp players might take advantage of wavedashing and l canceling" and the other dev said who the fuck cares leave it in. 

That’s a good thing, and ultimate is pretty competitive I’ll add. It’s not to say that a game specifically designed to be competitive is bad it just hasn’t been done. So far the game that tried this failed. Looking at you h5. If a game goes competitive it has to do it the RIGHT way.  This is subjective but to me it needs to be skillful but also FUN.

And ice what tips would those be? Because most of the time when games add tips no one reads them, and half the time the tips are useless.

6 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

That’s a good thing, and ultimate is pretty competitive I’ll add. It’s not to say that a game specifically designed to be competitive is bad it just hasn’t been done. So far the game that tried this failed. Looking at you h5. If a game goes competitive it has to do it the RIGHT way.  This is subjective but to me it needs to be skillful but also FUN.

h5 wasn't designed around competitive players. fuck 343 said the same thing about halo 4. it's just advertising gimmicks. warzone is the money maker and its super anti-comp. h5 still has spread on its weapon which is anti-competitive. I still agree that halo5 failed because it's not a fun game, but it didn't fail because it never tried to be fun. it just failed trying to be fun

• Like (+1) 1

Always? Seriously? What in anything is always true? There's always the odd chance the guy gets a good spawn, gets first shot on me and perfects me. You're telling me if I win 50-1 then I suck or I'm not the better player because I didn't win 50-0?

3 minutes ago, Riddler said:

h5 wasn't designed around competitive players. fuck 343 said the same thing about halo 4. it's just advertising gimmicks. warzone is the money maker and its super anti-comp. h5 still has spread on its weapon which is anti-competitive. I still agree that halo5 failed because it's not a fun game, but it didn't fail because it never tried to be fun. it just failed trying to be fun

What spread? What gun? The pistol? 

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Give me an example of such a game. Because h5 was designed to be competitive and it’s the most disliked game ever. Perhaps OW, CS? You don’t understand what a bs death is do you? You getting killed because of a PW isn’t a result of a bs death. 

I don't think I COULD list an actual game that is out because almost every game I've known has some bullshit element to it. Halo 5 was also marketed as competitive. It wasn't designed to be competitive, even if it had competitive elements to it like its movement skillgap, and to a point, its gunfighting with its utility, which, to this day is still the best Halo's ever had. Which is astounding to me.

And a BS death is simply something I couldn't improve on. I won't improve on being killed by a rocket, because I can be in a superior position, with better aim skill and still be one shot by a player, good or bad. That isn't even a matter of my skill at that point. I consider that bullshit because I can be the best at the game and still be NOTHING to someone with that weapon. Of course, there comes the circular argument of "just get it before the other player does" but this just shifts the power so I bullshit people over them, me. The mechanic itself is still bullshit, regardless of who has it, and they enable nubs to get easier kills, lol. 

1 minute ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

How many times do people have to tell you that controlling the map and weapons are part of being "good" at Halo?

Controlling the map, sure. Which is fine and can be done regardless of power weapons. And can be done BETTER without them. I'm not arguing that. At all. I agree with the idea. Controlling power weapons, though? Nah. There's no real "skill" in timing them, picking them up isn't exactly a feat, either and at worst can be literally circumstantial, and the use of them is a joke. Controlling the map is a part of being good at the game. Controlling weapons is a byproduct that doesn't need to exist and just lessens the former's impact, lol. Like Truth playing ten times better without power weapons. 

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

Always? Seriously? What in anything is always true? There's always the odd chance the guy gets a good spawn, gets first shot on me and perfects me. You're telling me if I win 50-1 then I suck or I'm not the better player because I didn't win 50-0?

No one said that. We're just saying you should mitigate it. Because the better player should be winning consistently, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

That’s basically what Ice is saying 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I don't think I COULD list an actual game that is out because almost every game I've known has some bullshit element to it. Halo 5 was also marketed as competitive. It wasn't designed to be competitive, even if it had competitive elements to it like its movement skillgap, and to a point, its gunfighting with its utility, which, to this day is still the best Halo's ever had. Which is astounding to me.

And a BS death is simply something I couldn't improve on. I won't improve on being killed by a rocket, because I can be in a superior position, with better aim skill and still be one shot by a player, good or bad. That isn't even a matter of my skill at that point. I consider that bullshit because I can be the best at the game and still be NOTHING to someone with that weapon. Of course, there comes the circular argument of "just get it before the other player does" but this just shifts the power so I bullshit people over them, me. The mechanic itself is still bullshit, regardless of who has it, and they enable nubs to get easier kills, lol. 

Controlling the map, sure. Which is fine and can be done regardless of power weapons. And can be done BETTER without them. I'm not arguing that. At all. I agree with the idea. Controlling power weapons, though? Nah. There's no real "skill" in timing them, picking them up isn't exactly a feat, either and at worst can be literally circumstantial, and the use of them is a joke. Controlling the map is a part of being good at the game. Controlling weapons is a byproduct that doesn't need to exist and just lessens the former's impact, lol. Like Truth playing ten times better without power weapons. 

No one said that. We're just saying you should mitigate it. Because the better player should be winning consistently, lol.

They already do win consistently. TF are you on? What world do you live in where the average bk is killing/winning against a superior player, because it doesn’t happen and that’s a fact.

You bring up this word consistency a lot I notice, without realizing half the shit you complain of being Inconsistent is already consistent. BUT there’s a catch, it’s not consistent “enough”. 

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

They already do win consistently. TF are you on? What world do you live in where the average bk is killing/winning against a superior player, because it doesn’t happen and that’s a fact.

No one's saying that. I'm saying that during a game you win, you can still die to dumb shit like rockets, regardless of how good you are in comparison to the competition.

“acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate.” This is the definition. And in terms of wins and battles this is what happens majority of the time when against lesser skilled players.

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

No one's saying that. I'm saying that during a game you win, you can still die to dumb shit like rockets, regardless of how good you are in comparison to the competition.

And here’s my response, sooooo what! You die one or two deaths because of a power weapon. You didn’t control these weapons, so you/your team deserves to suffer because of it. You say truth plays miles better without power weapons, when that isn’t true, as there’s the plasma pistol(aka Noob combo) and this weapon does provide game changing moments. There’s also camo a power up providing game changing moments.

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lmao no it ain’t and were using mcc as an example. Not the OG version with your shit controller and shit 30fps. 

Is this a shared account or something?

• Like (+1) 1

If you want a game that relies completely on your skillful guns and positioning, go play counter strike. Oh you want this in “halo”? Maybe in your next life. 

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yea that's sorta my bad, I read your comment about dominating till next Sunday then saw Beast comment about how the player who plays better should always win, and I took it as the better player should always win, which are similar but not exactly the same. Reading comprehension problems sometimes lol. 

Power weapons help reverse a bad situation easier. There’s something about it being easier that ticks you off. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose map control because of rockets but that was my teams fault for not getting that weapon. It’s an element you think shouldn’t exist but I think otherwise. Let’s look at a map like ascension. The main tower is such a controlling spot, but there’s a way to take control of it easier, and that’s the power weapons on the map. A person or two from your squad is now forced to leave this powering position in order to prevent the enemy from getting these weapons that easily can give a comeback. 

8 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Truth playing ten times better without power weapons. 

Which in turn plays ten times worse than chillout which has three power items spawning frequently. And the skill gap is way bigger to boot. Your vision of what competitive Halo should be is shite mate. (Don’t get me wrong I still love 4v4 midship but it’s no CE)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Which in turn plays ten times worse than chillout which has three power items spawning frequently. And the skill gap is way bigger to boot. Your vision of what competitive Halo should be is shite mate. (Don’t get me wrong I still love 4v4 midship but it’s no CE)

Yikes 

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

That’s completely subjective of what’s more skillful I’ll add. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

These arguments often boil down to personal preference, which makes them particularly boring to read.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mow said:

These arguments often boil down to personal preference, which makes them particularly boring to read.

Because that’s what every post is. You can’t say stuff like “more skillful” or “more competitive” without looking like a fool thinking it’s a fact.

8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I see the Halo 5 defense force is getting ready to turn this thread into a Mensa meeting again.

@mods he's being a meany head again this is NOT okay and does NOT promote healthy discussion. Smh do better guys. 

• Toxic (+1) 1