CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

In halo the sniper is a difficult weapon(in h4&5 not so much) so it’s power is great.

The sniper has never been difficult, lol.

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The sniper has never been difficult, lol.

Depends what you mean by difficult? The average person can’t pick it up and go off like a pro. People miss shots all the time with it, especially in the likes of halo 3.  It’s to be expected from someone who plays the game competitively(this can even mean playing the MLG/HC playlist) that you can do relatively good with it. If someone’s good at a game, there’s nothing you can do make the weapon harder for them without adding useless mechanics like bloom.

7 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Depends what you mean by difficult? The average person can’t pick it up and go off like a pro. People miss shots all the time with it, especially in the likes of halo 3. 

Given what I've seen of the average person, that doesn't mean the sniper is difficult, it just means they suck, lol. These same people will miss with other weapons just the same.

Bar that pseudo-joke, you don't need to go off "like a pro" for it to not be difficult to use. Like rockets. You can miss a rocket. It doesn't mean they're hard. 

Defining "difficult" to me is hard with a weapon that is 100% accurate and can 1-2 shot you with relative ease, but the hardest the sniper's ever been was noscoping in H2A with no aim assist. Most others have insane tug out of scope in CQC. Or are just generous in general. Halo 3's especially.

48 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Given what I've seen of the average person, that doesn't mean the sniper is difficult, it just means they suck, lol. These same people will miss with other weapons just the same.

Bar that pseudo-joke, you don't need to go off "like a pro" for it to not be difficult to use. Like rockets. You can miss a rocket. It doesn't mean they're hard. 

Defining "difficult" to me is hard with a weapon that is 100% accurate and can 1-2 shot you with relative ease, but the hardest the sniper's ever been was noscoping in H2A with no aim assist. Most others have insane tug out of scope in CQC. Or are just generous in general. Halo 3's especially.

No scoping in CE is hard AF.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

No scoping in CE is hard AF.

Lmao no it ain’t and were using mcc as an example. Not the OG version with your shit controller and shit 30fps. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

22 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lmao no it ain’t and were using mcc as an example. Not the OG version with your shit controller and shit 30fps. 

I love this response lmao 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I love this response lmao 

I had to be a dick right there simply because a lot of the CE guys here say things “it wasn’t that easy on og” without realizing there’s a reason why it’s easier to aim. You’re going to aim better on higher FPS it’s a fact, and with a superior device(in this case controller) its a no brainer. Also 1ms 1080p monitors, compared to whatever you get on a cubed TV.

• WutFace (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Skill and balance don’t go always hand in hand. Every game does this. They do think of the skill but they take into account is it balanced? A game should reward skilled players, but don’t make it so it’s neRly impossible for someone less skilled to kill them. I’ve always found h4s sandbox to be perfect in halo. ARS were strong but not so strong that if you’re using a precision weapon that you’re screwed. 

Why should someone less skilled be able to kills someone more skilled than them in a competitive game? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

IAlso 1ms 1080p monitors, compared to whatever you get on a cubed TV.

You mean almost literally instant? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I had to be a dick right there simply because a lot of the CE guys here say things “it wasn’t that easy on og” without realizing there’s a reason why it’s easier to aim. You’re going to aim better on higher FPS it’s a fact, and with a superior device(in this case controller) its a no brainer. Also 1ms 1080p monitors, compared to whatever you get on a cubed TV.

Ya slow down our old TVs are WAY more responsive than what is used currently by a lot of people. Now everything looks nicer these days but in that one little area we went backwards. Its actually closer than people think though if you get the right monitor/tv but its also far more complicated than people realize 

This is where you start to split hairs between the processing speed and the time it takes to actually draw the image to the screen and most people don't realize. Most sane people are talking about processing speed though where the CRT is basically instant

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Ya slow down our old TVs are WAY more responsive than what is used currently by a lot of people. Now everything looks nicer these days but in that one little area we went backwards. Its actually closer than people think though if you get the right monitor/tv 

Oh hells no are those cubed TVs instant. Maybe if you play on 480p. What we got now is responsive as fuk. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

17 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Why should someone less skilled be able to kills someone more skilled than them in a competitive game? 

Because when design a game for skilled players only it’s no longer fun. The utility weapon in halo has always been us skilled players weapon, and we dominate the lesser skilled people like it’s a profession. But you can’t design everything around that. You must do enough where it’s empowerin for those who are more skilled, but don’t push it too far. H5 is a clear example of pushing too far at least in regards to its movement. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

You think simply because you’re more skilled a lesser player shouldn’t ever be able to kill you? That’s ridiculous. 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You think simply because you’re more skilled a lesser player shouldn’t ever be able to kill you? That’s ridiculous. 

Uhhhhh, yeah? If I'm better, I should bend you over and dominate you 9 ways to Sunday, no contest. I shouldn't be getting killed by you if you're weaker or less skilled than I am. This is why I fucking despise power weapons. Because any idiot can use a rocket to kill me. Regardless of whether or not I have a 15 streak on them with just my utility, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Uhhhhh, yeah? If I'm better, I should bend you over and dominate you 9 ways to Sunday, no contest. I shouldn't be getting killed by you if you're weaker or less skilled than I am. This is why I fucking despise power weapons. Because any idiot can use a rocket to kill me. Regardless of whether or not I have a 15 streak on them with just my utility, lol.

And that mentality is why you will never get what you want. You dominate 90% of the game anyway, giving lesser skilled players a chance ain’t changing nothing. A game isn’t always about who’s greater at aiming, if that was the case shroud would win every game he’s ever played. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

And that mentality is why you will never get what you want. You dominate 90% of the game anyway, giving lesser skilled players a chance ain’t changing nothing. A game isn’t always about who’s greater at aiming, if that was the case shroud would win every game he’s ever played. 

Who said anything about aim? You don't need a good shot to dominate people that can aim better than you. Positioning skill is way more important overall in halo. And Shroud isn't even the best aimer lol we gotta relax with that statement man. 

In competitive settings the better team should always win. In a gunfight the person that played the fight better should always win. Always. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Of course it's not about who's greater at aiming. Movement plays a big role in it, too. Simple positioning. So much goes into it past just shooting.

You can give lesser skilled players a chance by putting them up against players of their skill level and having a game they may be able to understand through some time investment and maybe tool tips. You don't introduce cheese or anything to do that. 

But more so to an earlier point, designing a game to be competitive (ACTUALLY competitive) is overall better for everyone. You eliminate bullshit deaths, you hunker down on skill requirements, and you can actually build on yourself tangibly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Oh hells no are those cubed TVs instant. Maybe if you play on 480p. What we got now is responsive as fuk. 

This is gonna blow your mind, but HD wasn't standard on those cubed TV's when CE was first released, so 480p would've likely been the resolution they were using, so yes, it would've been instant. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the resolution has anything to do with the response time (at least in analog). It's all in the image processing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

why do you have to be an uneducated dumb ass.

480p lags on 99% of CRTs is a fact. 99% of non-HD crts are lagless, aka 0-16.6ms input lag, just depends how close to the refresh u input. There are no 1ms monitors that exist. Why do you bring up grey 2 grey timing? who the fuck cares how fast ur shit can change colors. it's not measuring the time it takes for an input to change the colors, just how fast it can change colors. thanks for falling for the corpation propaganda and proving it works. fuck.

the fastest is 8 or 9. and that's 8 or 9ms while taking into account the refresh which on mcc is 16.6ms aka anywhere from 0-2 frames of input lag. 

https://smashboards.com/threads/perfect-setups-tv-monitor-console-capture-device.355292/page-7#post-21307864

zWe7Xy6.png

bSbPtda.png

https://displaylag.com/display-database/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Who said anything about aim? You don't need a good shot to dominate people that can aim better than you. Positioning skill is way more important overall in halo. And Shroud isn't even the best aimer lol we gotta relax with that statement man. 

In competitive settings the better team should always win. In a gunfight the person that played the fight better should always win. Always. 

And that happens 90% of the time, sometimes a power weapon like a RL changes that. And hes definitely one of the best though. 

7 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Of course it's not about who's greater at aiming. Movement plays a big role in it, too. Simple positioning. So much goes into it past just shooting.

You can give lesser skilled players a chance by putting them up against players of their skill level and having a game they may be able to understand through some time investment and maybe tool tips. You don't introduce cheese or anything to do that. 

But more so to an earlier point, designing a game to be competitive (ACTUALLY competitive) is overall better for everyone. You eliminate bullshit deaths, you hunker down on skill requirements, and you can actually build on yourself tangibly.

Give me an example of such a game. Because h5 was designed to be competitive and it’s the most disliked game ever. Perhaps OW, CS? You don’t understand what a bs death is do you? You getting killed because of a PW isn’t a result of a bs death. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How many times do people have to tell you that controlling the map and weapons are part of being "good" at Halo?

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Give me an example of such a game. Because h5 was designed to be competitive and it’s the most disliked game ever. Perhaps OW, CS? You don’t understand what a bs death is do you? You getting killed because of a PW isn’t a result of a bs death. 

melee was designed to be competitive and its the #1 selling game on gamecube. Well it wasn't designed to be competitive more so as it wasn't designed to be anti competitive like brawl,4, ultimate. they said "comp players might take advantage of wavedashing and l canceling" and the other dev said who the fuck cares leave it in. 

also @TheIcePrincess any idiot can randomly happen upon a 4shot kill on you and beat u, or flank you, or whatever. if you give the guy rockets because you lost that 1/100 battle you shouldn't have, that's on you. There's a reason we don't play best of 1 to 1 kill. because losing to little timmy once in a 7 game series means nothing.

A game should be designed around the average audience, while having its competitiveness in the game. This is what many successful games have done. Basically competitive is the cream filling of a donut.

• Downvote (-1) 2