CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Darkomantis said:

I remember 2010/2011 people were mentioning the difference between H3 and Reach in terms of talking players. In H3, there were people talking pre-game, during game, and post-game and you could join up with randoms in the post-game lobby to play another match (Press 'X' to Party Up feature) and possibly make a new friend. Whereas in Reach, people talked way less and were more likely to be in party chats than public since Bungie decided to change up how people interacted. 

When Halo 3 was released Xbox Live didn't even have a party chat feature. It wasn't until late 2008 where party chat even became a feature. At that point Halo 3 had already been out for over a year. And party chat didn't just take off upon release - it was very new and plenty of people still used the game chat system bec that's what they were used to. 

By the time Reach came out in 2010 Party chat was growing rapidly. From what I can recall, that was right around when my friends and I started to almost exclusively use party chat. 

Maybe Bungie didn't help themselves by not including the "press X to party up" feature, but the difference in randoms with mics during Halo 3 and Reach has nothing to do with Bungie. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the fuck would I want to listen to random fuck heads talk about random fuck head stuff?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Why the fuck would I want to listen to random fuck heads talk about random fuck head stuff?

Literally, lol. Funny that for me, the last three times gamechat's been paid attention to, it's some screaming fuckwit acting like an idiot. Party chat or bust. 

15 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Literally, lol. Funny that for me, the last three times gamechat's been paid attention to, it's some screaming fuckwit acting like an idiot. Party chat or bust. 

BUST 😣😣😣

Seriously though game chat is ass. Catch me there never HAHA

Reach didn't do itself any favors either when it removed most of the incentive to win. That game was all about just dumping in time. Winning and losing made very little difference on leveling up, and there was nothing else to do in that game except level up. Arena was a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Darkomantis said:

I remember 2010/2011 people were mentioning the difference between H3 and Reach in terms of talking players. In H3, there were people talking pre-game, during game, and post-game and you could join up with randoms in the post-game lobby to play another match (Press 'X' to Party Up feature) and possibly make a new friend. Whereas in Reach, people talked way less and were more likely to be in party chats than public since Bungie decided to change up how people interacted. 

In reach you didn’t need to “press x” to party up. You simply stayed in the lobby.

54 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

There's a reason I use steam voice channels when I play with people. Console mic users are almost always dumbasses.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

There's a reason I use steam voice channels when I play with people. Console mic users are almost always dumbasses.

People in general are dumbasses, lmao.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

True, but I don't really see these kinds of toxic fuckers on Apex. It really feels like an XBL problem, possibly a console problem? 

Fwiw I've heard more people talking on Halo Online with only like 200 players than I heard the entirety of the time playing Halo 5. I know that's just an anecdote but if you play multiplayer on PC often you'll see that it's definitely a console thing, also PC has the text chat which is really useful too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

People in general are dumbasses, lmao.

Yeah but like, they're extra dumb.

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Fwiw I've heard more people talking on Halo Online with only like 200 players than I heard the entirety of the time playing Halo 5. I know that's just an anecdote but if you play multiplayer on PC often you'll see that it's definitely a console thing, also PC has the text chat which is really useful too.

It definitely is a console problem. Play any multi-platform  game and then play it’s pc version. The pc always has mics. Now Xbox has plenty of mic users, it’s simply the fact gamechat mic quality is trash. Pc has discord but we all got less pc who we discord with than party chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you like voice chat in game play Squad on PC. One of the best communities I've come across.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's actually crazy how many more people talk on PC games than on consoles. Especially considering Xbox's and PS4's come with mics.

13 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

It's actually crazy how many more people talk on PC games than on consoles. Especially considering Xbox's and PS4's come with mics.

To be fair, so do most if not all PCs now. Kinda have to.

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

To be fair, so do most if not all PCs now. Kinda have to.

I guess I didn't get the memo because mine didn't. I mean laptops yeah, but laptops are stupid sooo...

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 4/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, JordanB said:

I think blatant disrespect shouldn't be allowed either, but I also know that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed. You can add family as a big no no as well. 

Yes in general all of those are being a dick, but there's a big difference in what people say and to what level of being a dick they are. Maybe it's just how I was grown up, but basically family politics and religion you don't talk about. You can make fun of me but don't you dare talk about my family. 

Literally fucking No. Welcome to Reality. The internet isn't your safe space. The entire planet isnt your dinner table. People are going to contest your disposition and belief system throughout life. Understand the nuance as well. Someone isnt going to just barge in front of your face in the grocery store. But you LITERALLY reside on a information system melting pot of people's thoughts and impulses. You're literally on the Internet right now. the Internet is Humanity Uncut. Get used to it. A book club might be more your speed 

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

Literally fucking No. Welcome to Reality. The internet isn't your safe space. The entire planet isnt your dinner table. People are going to contest your disposition and belief system throughout life. Understand the nuance as well. Someone isnt going to just barge in front of your face in the grocery store. But you LITERALLY reside on a information system melting pot of people's thoughts and impulses. You're literally on the Internet right now. the Internet is Humanity Uncut. Get used to it. A book club might be more your speed 

Being anonymous really makes people brave. 

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

The Internet is Humanity Uncut.

So is America if you look at a map of circumcision commonality.

Any word on what 343 plans to do with reach? They should really overwrite launch reach with the title update version. If I had my way take out bloom all together, doubt anyone would care and it would make the game play 10x  better across the board. 

27 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Any word on what 343 plans to do with reach? They should really overnight launch reach with the title update version. If I had my way take out bloom all together, doubt anyone would care and it would make the game play 10x more better across the board. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC community demand that they remove bloom across the board for MCC PC. If 343 thought we were bad with our criticism of them over the years they haven't even met the PC community yet lol, although to be fair I think the PC community will be very grateful at first but 343 better keep up this kind of support they are starting to show now and not just let this be a one time thing.

1 hour ago, Mow said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC community demand that they remove bloom across the board for MCC PC. If 343 thought we were bad with our criticism of them over the years they haven't even met the PC community yet lol, although to be fair I think the PC community will be very grateful at first but 343 better keep up this kind of support they are starting to show now and not just let this be a one time thing.

Tbf I don't know if anyone legitimately thought bloom was worthwhile in Reach that actually played it. Now I know you had the super casual bungie/waypoint guys that just defend whatever they first come into contact with settings wise but I mean more so anyone that stopped, set aside bias, and really thought about how bloom felt to play compared to any utility that just shot straight in previous Halo titles. There's no mistaking what 343 really thought once you take a look at the TU then H4 and then H5. If its included its out of sheer nostalgia for the console players who don't know any better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Tbf I don't know if anyone legitimately thought bloom was worthwhile in Reach that actually played it. Now I know you had the super casual bungie/waypoint guys that just defend whatever they first come into contact with settings wise but I mean more so anyone that stopped, set aside bias, and really thought about how bloom felt to play compared to any utility that just shot straight in previous Halo titles. There's no mistaking what 343 really thought once you take a look at the TU then H4 and then H5. If its included its out of sheer nostalgia for the console players who don't know any better.

Some BTB people didn't like ZB;  poorly designed "open field" maps (Hemorrhage) play even worse without bloom or projectile weapons. In an ideal world maps like Hemorrhage would just be thrown in the trash where they belong, but the chances of that happening now is exactly zero. Too much of Reach's BTB sandbox/map pool is already designed around bloom existing. Universal 85% is probably more plausible.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s fair to note 85% is more balanced than Zero bloom. It doesn’t make gun fights completely piss easy at range and such but is more forgiving than vanilla.85% on a good connection felt like zero bloom anyway. 85% fixed most of the issues with vanilla bloom. Most of the casual idiots who hate TU, hate the fact anyone who’s good is rewarded For it.