CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

12 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

1: How good you are at something is literally irrelevant to the subject matter.  It wouldn't matter if I was the worst player in the world, my reasoning is the same.

2: Claiming that your skill somehow validates your opinion is probably amusing until you realize that you're not even good enough at any game to make any sort of living off of it or compete. So how good are you really.

3: If I were to take that reasoning at face value I'd just find a much better player than you fairly easily and then differ to their opinion.

4: There absolutely is a way to quantify how skillful any given game is, you're basically defaulting to "that's your opinion". Pretty telling. Otherwise convince me that Mario Kart is a more competitively viable game than Unreal Tournament.

5: I'm always open to play some quake if you want to run a duel? Not many people I know play it anymore. If clay wants in you guys can 2v2 Xandrith and I.

Hey man just a heads up! Putting words in people's mouth and making up arguments is not healthy for a debate. You see I simply calmed you trash at the game. I didn't say that was my justification for anything. I simply called you out for mentioning my name, unprovoked, in a random reply. If you like to trash talk other people based on their opinion that's cool but expect to get called out. Now my friend if hitscan really has such a low tangible ceiling that so many people here would hit may I ask your height? For when we played you you did very very poorly. Even with one of the easiest weapons in halo as you have said. 

Now I would like for you to explain to me how you can prove that hitscan is OBJECTIVELY more skillful in every scenario. Because you see it's just not possible. For there is more to what makes a game objectively competitive than a single weapons mechanics in a vacuum. And the fact that you just mentioned 2 different genres is kind of funny. How would you prove that unreal is more skillful than Mario kart? Do they not require different overall skill sets? If one is OBJECTIVELYmore skillful than the party that plays the OBJECTIVELY more skillful game would be able to beat the other person at their own "easier" game. 

Please refrain from saying mean things and ignoring points next time. Also if you would stop spouting opinions as facts that would help with overall discussion.  For you see, thinking you're the smartest or overall most right person objectively is not healthy for discussion. I would like a civil discussion please. 

Also sorry my friend. I don't own a PC at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I guess I’ll take a break from this place until it’s less stupid. I don’t come here for this childish shit.

I agree. It's very immature to name call someone out of the blue for no reason. Sad face 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Hey man just a heads up! Putting words in people's mouth and making up arguments is not healthy for a debate. You see I simply calmed you trash at the game. I didn't say that was my justification for anything. I simply called you out for mentioning my name, unprovoked, in a random reply. If you like to trash talk other people based on their opinion that's cool but expect to get called out. Now my friend if hitscan really has such a low tangible ceiling that so many people here would hit may I ask your height? For when we played you you did very very poorly. Even with one of the easiest weapons in halo as you have said. 

Now I would like for you to explain to me how you can prove that hitscan is OBJECTIVELY more skillful in every scenario. Because you see it's just not possible. For there is more to what makes a game objectively competitive than a single weapons mechanics in a vacuum. And the fact that you just mentioned 2 different genres is kind of funny. How would you prove that unreal is more skillful than Mario kart? Do they not require different overall skill sets? If one is OBJECTIVELYmore skillful than the party that plays the OBJECTIVELY more skillful game would be able to beat the other person at their own "easier" game. 

Please refrain from saying mean things and ignoring points next time. Also if you would stop spouting opinions as facts that would help with overall discussion.  For you see, thinking you're the smartest or overall most right person objectively is not healthy for discussion. I would like a civil discussion please. 

So is that a no to Quake

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

So is that a no to Quake

Unfortunately my friend I am not capable of playing said game. However as a Halo player we would gladly play you in any game we both own. 

Good counter points by the way I enjoyed the reply. 

Lastly you saying you finding someone to shit on me proves my point on hitscan no? If I can dominate you with easy mode hitscan weapons and there are still people out there that can dominate me how can this ceiling be so low? Come on friend. Please be nice and respond politely. 

11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Unfortunately my friend I am not capable of playing said game. However as a Halo player we would gladly play you in any game we both own. 

Good counter points by the way I enjoyed the reply. 

Lastly you saying you finding someone to shit on me proves my point on hitscan no? If I can dominate you with easy mode hitscan weapons and there are still people out there that can dominate me how can this ceiling be so low? Come on friend. Please be nice and respond politely. 

Pretty low level thinking. As the skill ceiling drops high skill players lose to lesser skilled players. Ogre 2 still runs pretty much any pro at CE, he had a harder time standing out the moment H2 dropped.  Rapha dominated quakecon during Quake Live's era but when Quake Champions dropped the gap between him and every other Quake player narrowed as all of a sudden, all the instant kill champion cooldown abilities provided easy kills.  You being a "better" player at a shallow game than I am is about as indicative as Rapha losing a Call of Duty match. 

"Lastly you saying you finding someone to shit on me proves my point on hitscan no? If I can dominate you with easy mode hitscan weapons and there are still people out there that can dominate me how can this ceiling be so low?"

How can Tic Tac Toe have no skill if I consistently beat my 2 year old daughter at it? ^ A winner is a given in any game.  

But again, I don't know why you insist on falling back on the card of being a better than I am. I don't think anyone here, myself included, cares that you're better. 

EDIT: Quake is literally free, just download it and run it on low like every quake pro plays.  You said you could win at any game, regardless of the bullet type. Why not go to the highest skill one? Should be easy for you to adapt as majority of the sandbox is hitscan weapons. Obviously I'm challenging you to a quake match because I know I can win, and as expected - you won't take it.  In the same way I have nothing to prove by losing to you at Halo. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Just now, MultiLockOn said:

Pretty low level thinking. As the skill ceiling drops high skill players lose to lesser skilled players. Ogre 2 still runs pretty much any pro at CE, he had a harder time standing out the moment H2 dropped.  Rapha dominated quakecon during Quake Live's era but when Quake Champions dropped the gap between him and every other Quake player narrowed as all of a sudden, all the instant kill champion cooldown abilities provided easy kills.  You being a "better" player at a shallow game than I am is about as indicative as Rapha losing a Call of Duty match.

But again, I don't know why you insist on falling back on the card of being a better than I am. I don't think anyone here, myself included, cares that you're better. 

EDIT: Quake is literally free, just download it and run it on low like every quake pro plays.  You said you could win at any game, regardless of the bullet type. Why not go to the highest skill one? Should be easy for you to adapt as majority of the sandbox is hitscan weapons.

Hey man your points aren't even real just a heads up. H2 had 100x the players playing. Times change. People get weaker as humans over time. Ogre 2 got older as did everyone. Reaction time, ability, and practice time are all factors. You see using a human being as an example and using specific games doesn't really probe objective facts. My friend a junkrat 1v1 is not more competitive than a McCree 1v1 is it? Debating is pointless when one side swears that he is OBJECTIVELY correct and knows all while the other simply says "I prefer hitscan and it's not objectively worse it just requires a different set of skills"

Also my friend I just told you I don't have a PC. Sorry. However we do both own halo. Now I mention you being bad simply because I like reminding you that you are bad. Even in easy mode games you get murdered. It's funny. That is all. It's not a justifier it's just a funny observation. For yiy mention how easy and low the skill ceiling is when it's something you have never hit after decades of halo play. Interesting. 

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Replace "lmao" and "yikes" with "hey man" and "heads up" to instantly gain another 10 EXP towards your edgelord rank. Also make sure to point out in literally every single post how you're better at Halo 5 than everyone else that'll show em.

Hey friend! Surely you noticed the post that started this whole argument and who it was that posted it! I know you're definitely referring to that person with this post and not the person that simply responded! Also I know you read the part where it's a challenge in any halo not just halo 5! 

Either way thanks for contributing positively to the conversation. See you on the battlefield. 

16 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

How can Tic Tac Toe have no skill if I consistently beat my 2 year old daughter at it? ^ A winner is a given in any game.  

tic tac toe is a bad example game is flawed. and yes games can absolutely have pure cheese that lowers skill gap but thats totally different than aiming that gives you the potential to get perfect hits in any situation with sight-line vs one that is impossible to perfectly adjust when there is distance and more than one movement  direction involved, even so much as an ADAD strafe is enough to make projectile useless at range. its the reason the lightning gun is always used in a mid to close range duel while the nailgun is used to spam a narrow pass or to hold static on an angle. the skill gap in CE doesnt come from the pistol so OGRE is a bad example. CE is all about power items, nades and spawns which is why id bust patch and legend's cheeks on MAINSTAGE at beachLAN in a pistol 1v1 but id get 50-0 in reg settings from spawn nades alone

I have no dog in this fight, lol. Hitscan vs Projectile is a stupid argument in Halo since we haven't seen either one implemented very well.

Just now, Arftacular said:

I have no dog in this fight, lol. Hitscan vs Projectile is a stupid argument in Halo since we haven't seen either one implemented very well.

The whole argument is dumb. The issue lies with one side saying one is OBJECTIVELY better instead of just acknowledging it's preference. 

Someone start paying the server bill again at MLGSanctuary I beg. Considering you thought you needed a space to speak more freely you're doing a pretty good job fucking up the shared space where you would actually get any discourse.

I'm mustering up the last of my long gone moderating powers and I'm going to spirit bomb this whole thread.

C2CPoHv.gif

15 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

The whole argument is dumb. The issue lies with one side saying one is OBJECTIVELY better instead of just acknowledging it's preference. 

I don't think that's true is it really... I mean I've seen a few 'iNhErEnTlY's knocking about and a good couple of 'FuNdAmEnTaLlY's from both sides. Someone even had the good manners to correct themselves, I'm not sure who but good on them all the same. It is far too easy to reduce and simplify to suit your needs but it doesn't come off well at all. Take Basu's post or Hard Way's post where they have come out as having an individual opinion that doesn't coincide with the idea there is a singluarly thinking opposition. I mean shit I prefer projectiles for Halo and have argued the toss in this thread yet every second post of mine is about Counter-Strike.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Alright this has been fun, bye guys.

Bye friend! Good luck with your endeavors! Tell the big man upstairs I said hey!

• Toxic (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

It seems they've combined to form some sort of... mega-autismo.

This comment after reading the whole situation just made me think of this.

LMAO. It is PERFECT. Congratulations Beast Squad, you will now be known as the Spaceballs. At least to me. Lol.

4 minutes ago, careh said:

Someone start paying the server bill again at MLGSanctuary I beg. Considering you thought you needed a space to speak more freely you're doing a pretty good job fucking up the shared space where you would actually get any discourse.

I'm mustering up the last of my long gone moderating powers and I'm going to spirit bomb this whole thread.

C2CPoHv.gif

I don't think that's true is it really... I mean I've seen a few 'iNhErEnTlY's knocking about and a good couple of 'FuNdAmEnTaLlY's from both sides. Someone even had the good manners to correct themselves, I'm not sure who but good on them all the same. It is far too easy to reduce and simplify to suit your needs but it doesn't come off well at all. Take Basu's post or Hard Way's post where they have come out as having an individual opinion that doesn't coincide with the idea there is a singluarly thinking opposition. I mean shit I prefer projectiles for Halo and have argued the toss in this thread yet every second post of mine is about Counter-Strike.

I don't understand what you are saying lol. The only people that I argued with are people that straight up said projectiles are better in EVERY scenario. That if a gun is the EXACT same in every way except for that then the projectile one is automatically more skillful. And that is not true. That's the point. That's the whole thing. I have no problem with what people prefer. I honestly don't care in any way. But I will laugh when someone speaks as an authority on something like this and acts like they genuinely have the only answer. Because that's hilarious. Baseless claims stated as objective fact. From a random guy on the internet. Yea it's not gonna lead to great discussion. 

2 hours ago, ARUKET said:

It seems like the common ground on both sides of the debate is that lead only really makes sense at long distances because it's unintuitive and arguably random at close/medium ranges where most engagements take place.

I haven't seen anyone explain how projectile becomes random from close to medium range, maybe I missed it. Can someone fill me in because I don't think that claim makes any sense.

Maybe banning anyone who knew anything about Halo wasn’t the best plan.  This is what we are left with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I haven't seen anyone explain how projectile becomes random from close to medium range, maybe I missed it. Can someone fill me in because I don't think that claim makes any sense.

That's probably because no one made that claim. I said that when projectile travel time is so small that no one is accounting for it, it is effectively random variance. This becomes a problem at the edge of its "basically hit-scan" range. And the example I provided was the H3 sniper on Arena-sized maps.