Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay that's great. Like I don't get your need to keep repeating that same line. The point is NEITHER side was in the right. BOTH sides talked a bunch of shit and made meany head posts. So instead of bickering like kids for all eternity on a PUBLIC FORUM. Like I don't care what these past convos were like I'm LITERALLY telling you RIGHT NOW what we are trying to do. 

The difference is is that Hardway might actually know what he is talking about.  You are just a random.  Tell me more about how power weapons aren’t Halo.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Some fresh content (mostly H2) for anyone interested.  Been editing quite a few projects recently.

 

 

 

 

#RareSpecies

  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The difference is is that Hardway might actually know what he is talking about.  You are just a random.  Tell me more about how power weapons aren’t Halo.

Coming from you this is actually very funny.

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The difference is is that Hardway might actually know what he is talking about.  You are just a random.  Tell me more about how power weapons aren’t Halo.

Stop talking to me you put randoms on the internet on a pedestal and it's weird. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Stop talking to me you put randoms on the internet on a pedestal and it's weird. 

I’m not putting anyone on a pedestal.  Feel free to respond to me me.  Yokes lmao fam.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it might help because it seems to be the concept you are missing here. It's almost as if none of it matters to you and you are confused as to why people are not willing to even take this chance. I get the two wrongs make a right kinda vibe this entire time. It's nice to extend on olive branch but you are standing on a pile of ashes from a burning bridge.

Yeah, I'm sure this is still great and you still don't need me to repeat this but there's a difference in being oblivious to this and realizing but not caring about it at all and I can't tell the difference. Which one is it?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Teapot said:

I thought it might help because it seems to be the concept you are missing here. It's almost as if none of it matters to you and you are confused as to why people are not willing to even take this chance. I get the two wrongs make a right kinda vibe this entire time. It's nice to extend on olive branch but you are standing on a pile of ashes from a burning bridge.

Yeah, I'm sure this is still great and you still don't need me to repeat this but there's a difference in being oblivious to this and realizing but not caring about it at all and I can't tell the difference. Which one is it?

you should really be responding to me and just what ive said. beast doesnt have to be in the call, or anyone else from my toxic group. doesnt even have to be in one of our discords. hes just trying to explain shit but we arent the same person and youre using his posts as a reason for people to ignore attempts of real discussion when im the one whos trying to have a conversation outside the typical TB environment.

Also dont act like im the one throwing out insults unprovoked. Ive made my explanations and they include reactions equal to the sarcastic quips and literal cartoons a couple individuals posted. you yourself are guilty of sarcastic dodge responses full of straw men and thats the kind of waste im trying to avoid. 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Dude I don't even know what you want at this point I really don't. How come we can overcome the slew of insults thrown our way, yet we are called stubborn? Why are we willing to address people that clearly have an issue with us but they aren't? You can keep saying whatever it is you are trying to butthe point still remains. I don't know how you grew uo and maybe it's vastly different from me but when there's a problem you address it. Instead of being passive aggressive for 3 years on a forum why not address the person you have an issue with directly? This isn't some weird self righteous thing. And we arent even the people that started all this. We just want to fucking talk. Why is that so weird and such a Big deal? I know all the context in right here im not fucking ********. The point is to2just deal with all the shit NOW before this happens again. Is that crazy?

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

How bout you post what you fucking feel RIGHT HERE

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, cH_ said:

you should really be responding to me and just what ive said. beast doesnt have to be in the call, or anyone else from my toxic group. doesnt even have to be in one of our discords. hes just trying to explain shit but we arent the same person and youre using his posts as a reason for people to ignore attempts of real discussion when im the one whos trying to have a conversation outside the typical TB environment.

Also dont act like im the one throwing out insults unprovoked. Ive made my explanations and they include reactions equal to the sarcastic quips and literal cartoons a couple individuals posted. you yourself are guilty of sarcastic dodge responses full of straw men and thats the kind of waste im trying to avoid. 

Why should I be responding to you? I saw posts by multi and others that I thought did a pretty good job conveying some ideas I agree with. I saw the responses from all parties and at that point it was clear the discussion had steered far from being a level headed one. I'm using anyone's post who I feel is worthy of being ignored for a real discussion. I don't understand this two wrongs make a right mentality. I don't understand this pseudo moral high ground as if one party is just looking to solely discuss mechanics like adults and the other is dodging this opportunity like children.

Feel free to look up any of my wall of texts. I'm happy to discuss ideas with people who want to do so in a level-headed way. I came into this thread at a time when that was long gone.

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Dude I don't even know what you want at this point I really don't. How come we can overcome the slew of insults thrown our way, yet we are called stubborn? Why are we willing to address people that clearly have an issue with us but they aren't? You can keep saying whatever it is you are trying to butthe point still remains. I don't know how you grew uo and maybe it's vastly different from me but when there's a problem you address it. Instead of being passive aggressive for 3 years on a forum why not address the person you have an issue with directly? This isn't some weird self righteous thing. And we arent even the people that started all this. We just want to fucking talk. Why is that so weird and such a Big deal? I know all the context in right here im not fucking ********. The point is to2just deal with all the shit NOW before this happens again. Is that crazy?

 

It's just a question if you know whats happening and don't care, or are oblivious to it. I can't tell and you haven't said.

This is the moral high ground thing right here. Each time I come into this thread is just sarcastic remarks, shit posts and arguments (by a lot of people). Then when it settles down it's this "I JUST WANT TO TALK HALO EVERYONE IS HATING ON MY OPINION". Like even right now it's turned from a discussion, to random fucking insults, to we just want to talk man. Look at this beautiful picture you are painting of yourself. You are a warrior who has survived countless insults and despite this you are still being called stubborn. You are a good person for being willing to address the issues but the other parties aren't. You feel the need bring up how you were raised to address a problem when arises. Yes, yes, you never started anything! You just wanted to talk man! Why is it so weird that nobody wants to talk when I just want to be a nice person? come on..

I don't think the concept is crazy, I think it coming from a person that often goes against what he is saying here is a little weird. It raises the question if you are even aware that this is happening or not. It seems like you are aware but you don't give a fuck because right now you are on the moral high ground looking good.

I really don't know why it is so hard to see what I'm saying here.

Share this post


Link to post

I literally don't even know what you are trying to say. There isn't some essay that needs to be written to me. This isn't some complicated moral bullshit. Stop with that Jesus Christ. Everyone has been insulting. We know this we fucking said this already. Like I genuinely don't have any idea WHAT you're trying to accomplish here. It's simply a fucking request to have a discussion.  Stop looking into it. Stop making up scenarios in your head. It's a simple request to talk in person about shit. Why are you making these essay posts about shit that means absolutely nothing to me. I've said what I said about 4 times now.

I'm fucking tired of the petty personal bullshit vendettas people have here. And am willing to TALK to people that have personal issues and resolve the shit. That's it. Period. Stop making weird remarks about morality. 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

@Teapotsince you want to pretend and call people out for moral high ground this is your dumb-ass post im referring to. notice how it accomplishes nothing and puts words into my mouth.

 "New debate spiraling out of control, same people. Guess anyone considered a top shot in CE is really just lucky. That's good to know and makes me feel better. It's nice to have an excuse after the games over so thanks guys. Actually I think when legend shoots he crosses his fingers and hopes for the best. That would certainly explain why the man gets so lucky so often"

youre a clueless joke and its trash posts like these that are the reason for wanting to get into a call rather than type nothings for reddit votes. take that as an insult because it is. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Can we just purge this thread and start over

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I literally don't even know what you are trying to say. There isn't some essay that needs to be written to me. This isn't some complicated moral bullshit. Stop with that Jesus Christ. Everyone has been insulting. We know this we fucking said this already. Like I genuinely don't have any idea WHAT you're trying to accomplish here. It's simply a fucking request to have a discussion.  Stop looking into it. Stop making up scenarios in your head. It's a simple request to talk in person about shit. Why are you making these essay posts about shit that means absolutely nothing to me. I've said what I said about 4 times now.

I'm fucking tired of the petty personal bullshit vendettas people have here. And am willing to TALK to people that have personal issues and resolve the shit. That's it. Period. Stop making weird remarks about morality. 

Fair enough I didn't think it would be that hard for you to understand. I figured maybe it's a good refresher course since every few weeks we have some dumb argument that always has the same people arguing. So the goal of this talk is to finally put it all behind everyone, like a good person! Good job man you're a really nice guy. Shame on me for saying maybe it shouldn't get to this in the first place and that would have the same result of this talk. Apparently everyone here knows this but we just can't refrain from it. 

 

Honestly it's an attempt to help you and others out more than anything because I know in 2 weeks we'll be singing this same song and dance. You are right though I think everyone that reads this thread can put 2 and 2 together and see all this.

 

 

6 minutes ago, cH_ said:

@Teapotsince you want to pretend and call people out for moral high ground this is your dumb-ass post im referring to. notice how it accomplishes nothing and puts words into my mouth.

 "New debate spiraling out of control, same people. Guess anyone considered a top shot in CE is really just lucky. That's good to know and makes me feel better. It's nice to have an excuse after the games over so thanks guys. Actually I think when legend shoots he crosses his fingers and hopes for the best. That would certainly explain why the man gets so lucky so often"

youre a clueless joke and its trash posts like these that are the reason for wanting to get into a call rather than type nothings for reddit votes. take that as an insult because it is. 

Of course it's sarcastic and that must mean I'm clueless as if I have never posted on this hitscan/projectile debate before. Obviously the debate went south before that. I love how a clearly sarcastic post in you opinion is no different than personal insults. It's laughable you that you can take sarcasm and feel so attacked personally, and in clear two wrongs make a right fashion feel good about your posts.

Feel free to insult me as much as you want. Feel free to explain to me why any of your insults would matter to me. I don't care that you dish them out, I care about the sheer stupidity that people are oblivious as to why others might not want to talk to them. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

You're actually nuts like are you just sitting here trying to argue for no fucking reason? What the actual fuck do you even want? Yea no shit it shouldn't get to this point. But it did. And that's done. So what are we gonna do now? Move on or keep talking shit? Like what are you trying to accomplish here. Stop getting WEIRD with your morality bullshit. Stop trying to stir shit for no reason. No one was even talking to you yet here you are. Starting arguments for literally no reason. For what? When you made these responses what did you hope to accomplish? What's your end goal here?

I have never once in my life had this much of an argument after one side is willing to get over it. You realize how nuts this is right? Like I hope you see this and are not just trying to be a dick on purpose. How the fuck can you sit and criticze people that want to move forward and address this? That's not a normal reaction. At all. Stop. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You called another man dummy thicc and we want to talk about cringe lolllllllllllllll

It's 2019 if I want to call another many dummy thicc than I fucking can. You're just jealous that you don't have the raw sex appeal of Hardway. 

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

If people genuinely want a clean discussion I would suggest changing the way you post and maybe people would take you more seriously. Don't just say it'll be different this time, spend the next month cleaning up your act and then maybe consider having a conference call. And no I'm not saying either side is perfect, but I can generally notice when the conversation falls apart and fault is almost always from the same side.

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Silos said:

If people genuinely want a clean discussion I would suggest changing the way you post and maybe people would take you more seriously. Don't just say it'll be different this time, spend the next month cleaning up your act and then maybe consider having a conference call. And no I'm not saying either side is perfect, but I can generally notice when the conversation falls apart and fault is almost always from the same side.

Surely you're not biased at all and know all the context for why people respond the way they do. You can paint any picture in your head that you want that's up to you. But just because one side straight up says the shit and the other is super passive aggressive doesn't make one side worse lmao. Almost every argument is started by people posting 15 sarcastic passive aggressive posts. 

The whole point of a talk is to just fucking talk. Why would I wait another month dealing with the same shit whenyou can set aside 30 minutes to just deal with the bullshit. Why do you guys look so deep into this. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cH_ said:

@Hard Wayits just a conversation about mechanics dude arg and beast dont have to be there but all this does is get a clearer understanding of how we think each one should be implemented. Its productive and saves time versus possibly misunderstanding each others posts in a back and forth that goes nowhere. Its not a serious win/lose “debate” just a discussion since we both are confident in how right we are, and we have different reasons for that as well. Multi is down but you gotta be there too you consider yourself such an authority on it.

I'm really not interested. It's not that important to me, I don't think anything constructive would come of it, and I don't want to go out of my way to spend time with a collection of people I don't enjoy. Drama inevitably follows every interaction with you guys, and I'm not into it. And quote the part where I "consider myself such an authority on it" if you want that last sentence to be anything more than poorly disguised bait. You've been rude to me three times since proposing the idea, and I don't even talk to you. So forgive me if I don't believe it'd be anything other than a negative experience. Hard pass.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

ok, projectile is worse than hitscan for competitive shooters.

  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Really though Hardway, I don't think some salty exchanges in an H5 lobby and on a thread is enough to be pushing these guys away.

That's a pretty minimalistic way of painting the picture. Everything I've read in the past 2-3 years, barring a handful of posts that I've upvoted, tells me to steer clear. If these guys want to be level-headed and rational and civil, they can start on the forum, where I'll be anyways. I'm not taking time out of my day to seek out interactions with people that continually carry drama and toxicity with them. And before the inevitable attempt to try to make me sound hypocritical, since I know that's the go-to move, this is literally the only group of people in my whole life that I have a poor relationship with. That should say something.

  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I tallied up all the uses of "yikes" and projectile supporters said it less so they win and that is what we will be using for the franchise from now on. In all seriousness knowing how familiar people are with each other makes the whole incestuous nature of the thread much more understandable. In fairness there has always been some tight nit group in these threads for as long as I've known them but usually opinions diverge even within that group to the point you get meaningful conversation when these types of polarizing topics roll around.

Unless there is some goal (content creation?) having conversations with people doesn't make sense because it's just ping-pong but with more chance for people to say what they don't think because of the direction of the conversation. Watch any of the old discussion content Gandhi used to create and you see how quickly (and happily) people fall off topic.

That is the beuty of posting these types of discussions, someone like Multi can do a long ass post detailing not just specifics of projectiles verses but the overall essence of why he prefers projectiles. Really that's what needs to be tackled, it is very easy to shit on mechanics anything by hanging on a few details to try and tear it down but honestly in something that is as subjective as this the positives should outshine rather than whoever can tear down / simplify / demean the other opinion quicker.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, careh said:

 

 it is very easy to shit on mechanics anything by hanging on a few details to try and tear it down but honestly in something that is as subjective as this the positives should outshine rather than whoever can tear down / simplify / demean the other opinion quicker.

thats not what happened though, i made it a point to focus on the core principles of projectile when involved with player movement, and i was only met with semantics about random/ unpredictable movement. i specifically mentioned trace aiming and its ignored. multi gave examples from CE about rockets, nades and snipe, all of which are irrelevant to comparing how a "rope" of shots with projectile removes the potential ability of a good player to get 100% accuracy against a strafe, wheres in hitscan the good player can still flick and trace at any distance. In every single game with projectile, its either so fast that its irrelevant unless at extreme distance or the player closes the gap to use it just the same as hitscan. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, cH_ said:

ok, projectile is worse than hitscan for competitive shooters.

Agreed.

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

If the goal is to bury the hatchet and be cool again, I can respect that. I hate having lingering animosity in my life. But I just don't see it yet. There's a reason I have people blocked (even if I do still read their stuff from time to time). It's simple pattern recognition, and I don't like the pattern I see.  If you want to change the response, change the pattern. Treat people with respect. Have good faith discussions. Be introspective about how your own behavior might contribute to things. If I start seeing that, I'll respond differently. But I haven't yet. After that embarrassing public argument I let myself get into back in December, I'm justifiably reluctant to engage at all.  

I'm not ruling anything out, because I actually would like to be on good terms again. There's a lot of things we actually agree on, and once upon a time that's what made us friends. But I need to see some changes first.

  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.