CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

13 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Words hurt. I thought we were Halo brotato chips. Two pringles mingling.

Brotato chips> 10 out of 10 wording.

36 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Dibs on the Stan Lee cameo. 

Need someone to make a nice Tony Stank gif now

tenor.gif?itemid=12657135

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

@Hard Wayits just a conversation about mechanics dude arg and beast dont have to be there but all this does is get a clearer understanding of how we think each one should be implemented. Its productive and saves time versus possibly misunderstanding each others posts in a back and forth that goes nowhere. Its not a serious win/lose “debate” just a discussion since we both are confident in how right we are, and we have different reasons for that as well. Multi is down but you gotta be there too you consider yourself such an authority on it.

Ryanw is the stan lee camo of this thread rn its been a long time since i seen that minecraft avatar

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Really though Hardway, I don't think some salty exchanges in an H5 lobby and on a thread is enough to be pushing these guys away.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine needing a formal discord invitation to discuss an idea because your thumbs aren't capable of typing nicely.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Ryanw is the stan lee camo of this thread rn its been a long time since i seen that minecraft avatar

Every time someone acts up ITT

anigif_sub-buzz-9161-1524773807-7.gif?do

Does anyone else think bloodshots and double reloads happen on Halo 3 MCC way more than OG? I know we all have anecdotes like this (and this game wasn’t lagging at all).

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/limesda/video/72682568

Double reloads specifically with the sniper is something I don’t remember happening that often in OG. Rockets, sure, but not sniper. I literally am getting like a 40% double reload rate with these weapons, it’s very strange.

Why'd you guys stop arguing here in the first place? Can't remember. Honestly just argue here I already have popcorn ready

5 minutes ago, Teapot said:

Imagine needing a formal discord invitation to discuss an idea because your thumbs aren't capable of typing nicely.

Yikes

7 minutes ago, Teapot said:

Talking to people versus typing to people are very different experiences. Different parts of the brain fire off, and you don't get a chance to check yourself. By all means, keep what you know or believe with you in the oncoming discussion, but don't resort to saying or doing foolish things

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Talking to people versus typing to people are very different experiences. Different parts of the brain fire off, and you don't get a chance to check yourself. By all means, keep what you know or believe with you in the oncoming discussion, but don't resort to saying or doing foolish things

Amazing how you were able to type out what you meant to say.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Teapot said:

Because typing giant essays and having people skim over half the points is a waste. Because we are tired of that style of conversation.  Because we don't want an audience of snarky remarks and crispy uovotes. We want to talk to people directly man to man. That's not even weird in the slightest and you're making it sound like a bigger deal than it is. I mean are debate teams not people speaking to each other? In a court room us it people typing or people talking. 

Plus he blocked me here so there's no point in me saying anything anyway. 

Like man we are all adults here can we not have a conversation between JUST us and address some shit or are we gonna hold on to weird 1 sided grudges forever?

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Because typing giant essays and having people skim over half the points is a waste. Because we are tired of that style of conversation.  Because we don't want an audience of snarky remarks and crispy uovotes. We want to talk to people directly man to man. That's not even weird in the slightest and you're making it sound like a bigger deal than it is. I mean are debate teams not people speaking to each other? In a court room us it people typing or people talking. 

Like man we are all adults here can we not have a conversation between JUST us and address some shit or are we gonna hold on to weird 1 sided grudges forever?

Accuses other people of being snarky.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Accuses other people of being snarky.

Who even are you lmao you have nothing to do with this. No shit we are all snarky at this point. But if we have one dude literally trying to actively have a real conversation AND address petty bullshit then I don't know what more you want. It's literally all one sided bullshit. 

And I don't care about you lol that's why we didn't ask to talk to you. I don't know you and I don't care about anything you say lol. 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Who even are you lmao you have nothing to do with this. No shit we are all snarky at this point. But if we have one dude literally trying to actively have a real conversation AND address petty bullshit then I don't know what more you want. It's literally all one sided bullshit. 

And I don't care about you lol that's why we didn't ask to talk to you. I don't know you and I don't care about anything you say lol. 

Who are YOU?   No one I know has ever heard of you.  If you have something to say, say it right here.

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Who are YOU?   No one I know has ever heard of you.  If you have something to say, say it right here.

Yikes 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yikes 

You are a child.  I hope life is good to you.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite part of Internet forum arguments is all of the awkward weirdos who feel the need to interject lul randomly into discussions they haven't even bothered to engage with in any meaningful way. And don't forget to upvote and downvote but never actually say anything. Is this how you behave in real life?

HAHA can you BELIEVE these people are talking about this? amirite guys?! HAHA tell me im right with upvotes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

If that's not what you want then why are you contributing to it so much? I'm sure it is a pretty reasonable idea that people are skeptical about talking in a voice channel after reading the quality posts here. Why should someone be obligated or interested to engage after reading who they are engaging with? Court rooms and debates are cool. I love discussing mechanics.

I don't see this whole moral high ground point of being adults after reading this entire discussion. If this is actually an attempt to have a real thoughtful mature discussion about mechanics that's cool but this invite is to a party that was burned down to the ground before it started.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teapot said:

If that's not what you want then why are you contributing to it so much? I'm sure it is a pretty reasonable idea that people are skeptical about talking in a voice channel after reading the quality posts here. Why should someone be obligated or interested to engage after reading who they are engaging with? Court rooms and debates are cool. I love discussing mechanics.

I don't see this whole moral high ground point of being adults after reading this entire discussion. If this is actually an attempt to have a real thoughtful mature discussion about mechanics that's cool but this invite is to a party that was burned down to the ground before it started.

I mean we are literally saying it here lol. Let's not act like either side is innocent and hasn't spewed bullshit personal attacks. I have been trying forever to get into a party with people like hardway SPECIFICALLY for years now after he randomly started shit talking me and being weird. Like this isn't new man. We don't like posting everything on beyond because it's not suitable lol. We want a real talk like real peoole. There is no ill intent we have already said this. At worst what happens? We argue and they leave in 5 minutes. Cool. Is that really such a Big risk to take? In general clay just wants to discuss mechanics. His points were blatantly ignored and peooek just keep writing essays not addressing anything. The dude genuinely just wants to talk and has no issues with anyone here. Like there is no fucking way hardway has ill thoughts of clay the man has done nothing. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Saying what, that you want a serious discussion? I get that you are saying it if that's the "it" is. What I'm saying is why should someone think your discussion is going to be mature based off of the posts? Just because someone else said so on everyone's behalf? As someone on the sidelines I don't exactly blame anyone who doesn't seem interested at this point.

I don't think I'm grasping for straws here. You want to have a real talk like real people that's great but everyone can just dig through these last few pages and see for themselves. I read all the posts about the topic and I don't have the same conclusion as you. cH might want to discuss mechanics but for a man who has no issues with anyone he certainly was interested in throwing out insults. None of those insults were at me, but there is no way that is a guy I want to sit and talk with based off of the posts. Maybe he is completely different in a party than he is on the forums. That's also fair but for fucks sake don't act like that and expect people to be willing to engage outside of the forums.

I think after a while people on the sidelines can tell what the lowest common denominator is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Okay that's great. Like I don't get your need to keep repeating that same line. The point is NEITHER side was in the right. BOTH sides talked a bunch of shit and made meany head posts. So instead of bickering like kids for all eternity on a PUBLIC FORUM. Like I don't care what these past convos were like I'm LITERALLY telling you RIGHT NOW what we are trying to do. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1