CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

Heavily modified engine* 

Not that I don't think H3 couldn't be bumped up, but its not the same engine. 

Heavily modified was so they could do the class systems and other things. The overall engine is the same. We just need a FOV Higher than 70! 

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

FOV increase isn't a flat tax. 60 to 120 would not be a 100% perf cost. Probably closer to 10%.

Dude no one plays 120 fov anyway. The average FOV people are on is 105 or 110. 

8 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

My point was that massive fov jumps cost relatively little perf. I was agreeing with you.

11 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

115 ftw. I will mod games to get it that high if I must.

The opinions of a Halo caster/longtime series veteran and an experienced professional game designer, versus a bunch of mouthy Halo 5 kids who say things like "lowkey" and "you wildin" and put "lmao" at the end of every post. Sounds like a worthwhile use of everyone's time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Just now, Larry Sizemore said:

The opinions of a Halo caster/longtime series veteran and an experienced professional game designer, versus a bunch of mouthy Halo 5 kids who say things like "lowkey" and "you wildin" and put "lmao" at the end of every post. Sounds like a worthwhile use of everyone's time.

Are you upset you weren't invited to play?

• Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Mr Grim said:

Are you upset you weren't invited to play?

Oh god, how will I ever survive being passed over for such an event.

12 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Imagine putting randoms on the internet on a pedestal. That's a big fat yikes my man. What a weirdo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Imagine putting randoms on the internet on a pedestal. That's a big fat yikes my man. What a weirdo. 

What is one way in which you think Halo could be a better game?

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Spartans in spicy lingerie

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Spartans in spicy lingerie

How would picking up this lingerie affect a player’s base traits?

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Crt split screen. 30 frames between the 2 of you. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How would picking up this lingerie affect a player’s base traits?

Enemies become "attracted" to you during an encounter. Their bullets wouldn't be able to hurt you, and their screen fills up with little hearts, hindering their vision. However, they can still harm you through splash damage from explosives. What do you think? 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Enemies become "attracted" to you during an encounter. Their bullets wouldn't be able to hurt you, and their screen fills up with little hearts, hindering their vision. However, they can still harm you through splash damage from explosives. What do you think? 

Sounds a bit like Blooper from Mario Kart.

hqdefault.jpg

Do you worry that an enemy would be able to use the appearance of the hearts as a sort of radar to sniff out the location of their beloved?

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Sounds a bit like Blooper from Mario Kart.

hqdefault.jpg

Do you worry that an enemy would be able to use the appearance of the hearts as a sort of radar to sniff out the location of their beloved?

I'm not too worried because by the time they reorient themselves, they'll likely be dead. That's the power of lingerie.

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Is this for real

This is for real.

4 minutes ago, cH_ said:

This is for real.

For real?

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

My point was that massive fov jumps cost relatively little perf. I was agreeing with you.

I know you were, I was just pointing that out.

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

115 ftw. I will mod games to get it that high if I must.

Eh, most wouldn’t like it. A high fov is good but it also can make targets at certain distances look farther away than they are. Although most games compensate this by having a limit of FOV options. 

Wow.  We just had the deepest, most awesome chat on discord.  I finally understand Beast and get why he lashes out (my father was the same way).  Soul flame explained how he has a condition where his thumbs are malformed, preventing him from being good at Halo.  I really wish we did this earlier,   I feel like I really know you guys now.

• Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Would this happen to be on their hivemind discord server that all sane and nontoxic people like Killmachine, Hard Way and LuckyLindsay left before it became a cesspit of toxicity and insults of other TB users? 

It's funny how I see them in there talking about how everyone else is just too stubborn, but they are clearly not stubborn and not circle jerking and echo chambering themselves into entrenched positions by screaming all day for the past few days about how dumb and ******** everyone else on TB is, and organizing mass down votes of particular posts. This is obviously a healthy place of diverse opinions and independent thinking. 

PS gotta love the fact that they all got together in the first place on a discord server for development of a H5 game mode that was literally emulating most of CEs design decisions and now they all shit on CE in there (some are literally saying it's the worst one, and that all Halo pre-Halo 4 sucks). All this while questioning each other if MCC CE and OG CE are really that different, since as they discuss in their chat that none of them have actually played OG before (or at least recently), before concluding that it's probably not any different from MCC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1