CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Arftacular said:

Imagine that guy arguing with you about the competitive nature of CE 4s. LOL.

I mean, I wouldn't be arguing because I have no idea what the fuck people talk on there, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

23 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Better question is do people even like turrets/ do we need more of them. I'd venture to say probably not.

Honestly, at this point, I feel like turrets should almost be reserved for niche gametypes like Infection, Invasion, Tower of Power, shit like that.  But that’s only because they’ve sucked for so long.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Where do people get these massive egos? You do know fun is subjective right? Chiron TL-34 Invis Shotties is one of my favorite gametypes. I still prefer 2v2s, but sometimes you gotta sit back and relax. 

Some people like vanilla H4, and can kick your ass in CE. Not me, but I'm positive there are some. 

“Not me” only because it’s all you play😑

55 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Better question is do people even like turrets/ do we need more of them. I'd venture to say probably not.

They can be decent in BTB, have a turret on each base as a last resort against endless vehicle attacks. The ability to rip them I always found cheesy though and just introduced tons of balancing issues. Oh and fuck turrets on small arena maps, total gimmick.

1 hour ago, infraction said:

Changing the fov to even like 90 increases how much you have to render on the screen at any given time by just over 25%. Saying it has minimal impact on performance is silly especially when you have no idea if that would be difference between a stable 60 or not. 

25% no it fucking doesn’t! Fov changes wouldn’t do that at all. Go play eldewrito dude. Same engine as h3 and it has a FOV slider. The FPS stays about the same. Now with that said I have a really good pc, but on my old pc that was basically the power of an og Xbox one, and having the FOV above 70 wouldn’t be an issue. Now another note. If halo CE plays fine with no FPS drops whatsoever at its current fov then we can get at the very LEAST a fov increase to at best 90-100! 

You clearly overestimated what can be rendered on screen and the performance that takes. 

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

They can be decent in BTB, have a turret on each base as a last resort against endless vehicle attacks. The ability to rip them I always found cheesy though and just introduced tons of balancing issues. Oh and fuck turrets on small arena maps, total gimmick.

The mobile thing I though made it better against vehicles. Like it's not hard to kill a person who's in an exposed position and not moving. If you get a turret you can take to a better spot and fight vehicles more effectively

17 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

25% no it fucking doesn’t! Fov changes wouldn’t do that at all. Go play eldewrito dude. Same engine as h3 and it has a FOV slider. The FPS stays about the same. Now with that said I have a really good pc, but on my old pc that was basically the power of an og Xbox one, and having the FOV above 70 wouldn’t be an issue. Now another note. If halo CE plays fine with no FPS drops whatsoever at its current fov then we can get at the very LEAST a fov increase to at best 90-100! 

You clearly overestimated what can be rendered on screen and the performance that takes. 

Heavily modified engine* 

Not that I don't think H3 couldn't be bumped up, but its not the same engine. 

Hey dudes 

Haven't posted here in years and was just wondering, can we expect a decent population/scene (providing 343 doesn't 343) upon release? I just opened both the Halo 2 and halo 3 PC mods to sort of gage the hype surrounding this, but tbh there weren't too many people playing either game... Maybe people are playing MCC more, I gave my xbox away so idk. I'll probably buy it either way, but I'm curious to know your predictions on whether there'll be another Halo boom or not

FOV increase isn't a flat tax. 60 to 120 would not be a 100% perf cost. Probably closer to 10%.

• Like (+1) 3

@MultiLockOn @Hard Way @arglactable @cH_

To Multi and Hard Way, Arg and Ch_ want to discuss with you in an Xbox party or Discord Voice Chat more about the projectile vs hitscan debate. They have told me that they want a proper discussion with you. I and another person, @My Namez BEAST will be in the chat just to listen; we won't talk at all. Do you accept this invitation?

• Downvote (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

To Multi and Hard Way, Arg and Ch_ want to discuss with you in an Xbox party or Discord Voice Chat more about the projectile vs hitscan debate. They have told me that they want a proper discussion with you. I and another person, @My Namez BEAST will be in the chat just to listen; we won't talk at all. Do you accept this invitation?

Lowkey, this sounds fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the topic of CE I've been meaning to post this. Found this at a pawn shop awhile back and picked up a couple of copies of CE. Didn't play for long because friends and I had bought a bunch of other games. All I'm missing is a CRT tv for the full experience. Almost bought a copy of the Halo 2 steelbook and map pack the other day too but backed out. Thought it was a great way to start my old/retro collection.

l08px6dp8yq21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, RyanW said:

On the topic of CE I've been meaning to post this. Found this at a pawn shop awhile back and picked up a couple of copies of CE. Didn't play for long because friends and I had bought a bunch of other games. All I'm missing is a CRT tv for the full experience. Almost bought a copy of the Halo 2 steelbook and map pack the other day too but backed out. Thought it was a great way to start my old/retro collection.

Godhell you're lucky. CRISP console. Hope it's in good condition.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Godhell you're lucky. CRISP console. Hope it's in good condition.

The pawn shop did a great job in taking care of it. Runs with no problem too. I was actually going in hopes to grab an N64 or Gamecube, but when I saw that I couldn't pass it up.

thoughts on playing PC fps with controllers?

tenor.gif?itemid=5206090

1 minute ago, RyanW said:

The pawn shop did a great job in taking care of it. Runs with no problem too. I was actually going in hopes to grab an N64 or Gamecube, but when I saw that I couldn't pass it up.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, that's a trophy pick alright.

11 minutes ago, RyanW said:

Did that controller originally ship with the console? I thought og Xbox only had the Duke controller at launch. 

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Did that controller originally ship with the console? I thought og Xbox only had the Duke controller at launch. 

Yep! Looking it up it seems like this Xbox actually came out in 2004. I guess to hype up Halo 2's release? Halo 2 got a special edition blue console in Canada and Asia in 2005.

PA.26712.001.jpg?o3l05y

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

“Not me” only because it’s all you play😑

I play H2. I also don't play halo much

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Final note on the matter; is that the idea that a player's movement could be interpreted as random - and that randomness could only be considered a detriment if the projectile speed of a weapon is altered is a little ridiculous.  Everything the enemy player does is random because they're a human being, that's sort of the entire nature of a multiplayer game is that you're reacting to the opposite player, learning, adapting, outsmarting.  Everything outside of the enemy team should be predictable right; when the weapons spawn, where they spawn, the pathing style of a map, the spawn system (CE), all as predictable as humanly possible. It's always been the point that everything should be as controlled as we could possibly design it to be, and then you drop a human being in to interpret it as they see fit and then fight against that control.

Sort of like when you get into a fighting game and your first several months playing are spent just getting comfortable with the controls, the combos, literally focusing on how to chain attacks.  But at some point, it becomes second nature and you're only thinking about the enemy player and how to outsmart them.  You're no longer consciously thinking about what your fingers are doing, how to crouch jump, how to wavedash or execute a combo, how to strafe jump; it's just looking at what the enemy is doing and reacting to it. That to me, has always been the highest design goal a game could strive for. Anything in the game that requires you to fight against the game and not the player is just a detriment - so recoil, random spread, random spawns, etc.

The idea that someone 'strafing away from your bullets' is a bad thing is ridiculous for that reason too.  As if that's somehow ANY different than someone just strafing with hitscan weapons. Even disregarding that there's no fundamental difference between someone walking away from a grenade I threw then them strafing outside of an incoming bullet. You missed, you should've thrown a better grenade.  Does anyone here complain when the enemy dodges their rocket shot across the map? That's exactly what should happen.

And even disregarding that, until someone shows me an example of them dodging an incoming sniper shot because they saw the bullet coming, I refuse to believe it is even possible. Because the input time for a wired controlled to a 1ms monitor + networking on LAN + strafe acceleration means it is literally, impossible to dodge an incoming fast moving projectile.  Even a bot couldn't do it.

Good post, but I'm unsure whether the bold is a reference to something I said about movement speed and projectile speed in a super simplified statement (it's worded a little strange making it hard to know what you're referencing) if it is I'd like to clarify what I meant as obviously the subject is a lot more complex and interesting than it has been made out to be, but if not, never mind. Lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cH_ said:

thoughts on playing PC fps with controllers?

tenor.gif?itemid=5206090

You listen here fuqwad just because I play Nazi zombies on PC with a controller doesn't make me subhuman.

Although the fact that I tried to play rising storm 2 with one for shits and giggles does...

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Shout out to boyo who downvoted this.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Shout out to boyo who downvoted this.

Join my private discord if you would like to discuss this further.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Although the fact that I tried to play rising storm 2 with one

4401160773_bd3b40fddd_z.jpg?zz=1

i am gravely disappointed  

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Good post, but I'm unsure whether the bold is a reference to something I said about movement speed and projectile speed in a super simplified statement (it's worded a little strange making it hard to know what you're referencing) if it is I'd like to clarify what I meant as obviously the subject is a lot more complex and interesting than it has been made out to be, but if not, never mind. Lol. 

I don't even remember anymore lol it's been a busy day. But I don't think it was in response to you haha

• Like (+1) 1