CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8061767

Anyone else got some dumb shit to say?

sorry skinny fat twinks arent allowing to post arnold gifs, you realize youre arguing semantics this entire time right?

• Fire (+1) 1

Btw guys. Didnt read any reply longer than 20 words. Hope yall entertained urselves. 

• Simms (+1) 1

Just now, cH_ said:

sorry skinny fat twinks arent allowing to post arnold gifs, you realize youre arguing semantics this entire time right?

Wheeze.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What does your ideal Halo look like?

It would take me quite a while to detail that, also I would need to be able to test it before I could solidly conclude exactly how things should be, test things like movement speed & acceleration, rate of fire and projectile speed of the utility weapon etc etc etc and then how all of those things interact with each other, for example "is the strafe acceleration too fast for the projectile speed thus making it feel 'unpredictable'?" if that was the case you could either reduce the strafe accel, increase the projectile velocity, or both. Of course that would take lots of play testing and looking at things like the % of shots hit in order to determine what was the most suitable balance.

Apart from that, as simply as possible,

4SK Projectile single-fire Utility (3SK in team doubles because it just works too perfectly)

No sprint

Maps made specifically for Social, BTB and Competitive (those should be the playlists that maps are designed around imo, also a map can be both Competitive and Social)

Undecided on Health Packs, maybe have them in forge so the community can add them to the maps if they want them?

Lots and lots of mod support for PC

I would go into this much deeper but I think I'm going to take a break from this forum for a bit until the drought is over and the shit show has quietened down a bit, but I appreciate you trying to start an interesting discussion. Feel free to post your ideal Halo or tell me what you think about mine but I can't guarantee I'll reply, I'm probably just going to go back into lurker mode for now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The answer is an improved hce with mod support and enhanced custom settings and forge.  

• Like (+1) 1

The answer is for everyone to build their ideal game then sell it. Most popular game wins. 

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

The answer is for everyone to build their ideal game then sell it. Most popular game wins. 

Life: Battle Royale.

The best halo game already exists. 

The Minecraft halo mashup pack.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Life: Battle Royale.

Out hitscanned kid

91FnnNUmEgL._SX425_.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Called murder miners

• WutFace (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Boarding Action is literal cock incarnate and you can't convince me otherwise.

The only Halo maps better than Boarding Action are Chiron, Riptide and Epitath with the shield doors. 

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Boarding Action is literal cock incarnate and you can't convince me otherwise.

>Gemini

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

>Gemini

Gemini may be terrible but Boarding Action is like one of the pieces of poop that forms part of the golden triangle.

Is there no moderation of this forum?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Mythik Nick said:

Gemini may be terrible but Boarding Action is like one of the pieces of poop that forms part of the golden triangle.

How dare you talk about poop that way!!!

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Complete with projectile based shooting.

I just want to say that this reincarnation of Boyo is far superior to his previous form, and it is welcome :)

• Like (+1) 5

Last time I checked we referred to "random movement" as strafing. Which is a skill.  No one has a truly random strafe and if they did they would be quite literally Halo gods. 

I know CH_ mentioned this in the context of Battlefield where you get fucktards having what looks like a seizure and sprint-hopping over awful maps with tons of clutter while your rifle shoots randomly deviated rounds but in Halo this just flat out doesn't happen. Halo has never had fast enough movement and glitchy animations/hitboxes to allow ADAD spam and bunny hopping bullshit to be an effective strategy. 

• Like (+1) 6

Some people have obviously never played 16 player BTB CTF on Boarding Action. Good fucking times right there.

• Like (+1) 1

They need a FOV slider on console. Fucking ridiculous having to play 70 FOV on h3! FOV barely effects performance in game so don’t give me some bs it can’t be done.