CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

LMAO with that much spread? Fucking hilarious. I pray it's just you not knowing what you're talking about because that is 100% super concerning. So much spread on Mcc 

You can land shots consistently across Hang'em High on LAN. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

You can land shots consistently across Hang'em High on LAN. 

Image result for i don't believe you gif

• Salt (-1) 1

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Image result for i don't believe you gif

That's okay, you don't have too. 

Projectile is 100% capable of functioning perfectly fine online, anyone who's played OW knows that game plays better online than Halo 3 did on LAN lmao. That's what happens when you hire like 30 network engineers and have 20 years of online game services to pull from throughout blizzards portfolio.

It just so happens that Bungie and 343 are both notoriously bad at networking. Don't confuse Halo's poor precedent trick you 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I have original copies of the game, MCC, and NHE. I can run tests if somebody gives me some specifics of what they want to know. I did a bullet spread test already, with no influence of aim assist or bullet magnetism, the spread seems roughly the same when comparing MCC and original. From top blue and close to open ramp, shooting to the wall behind red shotguns, zoomed in, all bullets remained within the reticule. Most of them stayed roughly centered with a little variance, one or two bullets of a clip on average would be a little further away from the center mass but still within the zoomed in reticule. I didn't test NHE, and I didn't test unzoomed reticule.

I may need a little time to run through them all since I have plans for the rest of the day. But I can probably have them done for tomorrow. I'm not testing variable networking, everything will be split screen, and I'm not testing movement since I don't think I could be consistent enough.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Don't ever question me again. 

Campaign sandbox is different from the MP sandbox

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I think it's more correct to say that it's probably exactly the same as OG but doesn't perform as well over WAN network conditions. 

This is definitely true. MCC CE pistol functions the same as OG but with MCC's hit reg, lag compensation, etc etc, it's a shadow of the OG version. 

Damn, haven't been on TB in a while and Wargod got roasted. That was some good comedy.

Counting down the days for the Reach flighting. Does the new tickrate make the game feel any different? Gotta say, the new themed updates are nice. If you had told me this game would be getting better each update back in 2014 I would have died rather than believe you.

58 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Campaign sandbox is different from the MP sandbox

I can't test the OG multiplayer because I don't have a second controller on me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure if the campaign is the same, the multi is the same.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I can't test the OG multiplayer because I don't have a second controller on me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure if the campaign is the same, the multi is the same.

From Hardy Lebel's blog:

"Jason Jones had designed the Human pistol to be the weapon of choice for players at medium/long range. The accuracy, high damage and the limited sniper zoom on the pistol made it a powerful choice for dropping enemies right at the edge of their “AI awareness” bubble, enabling players to pick off one or two targets as the enemies startled into their alert state and then came charging into battle. Frankly, it was too strong for multiplayer. I toyed with damage settings that made the multiplayer pistol weaker than it’s single player counterpart. But to be honest, once it was “nerfed” it became a pale shadow of it’s single player cousin and using the pistol became a lot less fun. Still, I felt that turning the full power of the pistol loose on the Halo multiplayer “sandbox” unaltered would be opening the door to endless criticism, so I decided to made a subtle change. The single player version of the pistol is “autofire” – meaning that if you hold the trigger down the weapon will repeatedly fire at the precise point you’re aiming at. But… that’s not true with the multiplayer version of the pistol. I wanted to at least challenge the skill level of players a little more. So the multiplayer version of the Pistol has shot spread. What that means is that, if you simply hold the trigger down and let the pistol automatically fire over and over, each bullet will deviate from the point that you’re aiming at. And the amount of deviation will increase with every bullet. I wanted to make it so that players could still use the pistol and it could retain the fun feeling that it had in single the single player game, but only if the player could master the technique of actually pulling the trigger with each individual shot. I still believe that this was a “righteous fix” – meaning that it was justified and the solution was elegant within the restrictions of the established game play. Unfortunately, I lost my nerve a little bit. After all, this was a huge change from the behavior of the single player version of the Pistol. I was worried that players might have to re-train themselves to use the multiplayer version of the gun, which again might lead to huge volumes of outrage from players. So I didn’t make the pistol deviate enough while auto-firing. The shots will spread if you hold the trigger down but not so much that you won't get the head shot that you were aiming at. To this day, not adjusting the spread rate of auto-fire on the multiplayer pistol is one of my regrets. I wasn’t aggressive enough!"

I couldn't find anything about successive single shots being tweaked from SP to MP though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Don't worry, when you're in an argument you can just add "lmao" to the start or end of your sentence to make it feel like you've got the high ground lmao.

Also I don't mind people getting heated because Halo is amazing and people love it but just flat out insulting people will result in posts being removed. lmao.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

What if we had projectile for lan only but hitscan for online?

24 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What if we had projectile for lan only but hitscan for online?

Negative ghost rider

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Don't worry, when you're in an argument you can just add "lmao" to the start or end of your sentence to make it feel like you've got the high ground lmao.

Also I don't mind people getting heated because Halo is amazing and people love it but just flat out insulting people will result in posts being removed. lmao.

Seriously, I don't understand that. Those two type like 14 year olds who just discovered acronyms for the first time. It's cringe. 

Or you could just eloquently type your bullshit and exhibit enough confidence that you somehow convince yourself you're right. Either works. It's an online forum relax weirdo. 

6 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Projectile is 100% capable of functioning perfectly fine online, anyone who's played OW knows that game plays better online than Halo 3 did on LAN lmao. That's what happens when you hire like 30 network engineers and have 20 years of online game services to pull from throughout blizzards portfolio.

It just so happens that Bungie and 343 are both notoriously bad at networking. Don't confuse Halo's poor precedent trick you 

Thank you for saying this actually. I've never understood why that distinction gets brought up as if it wasn't actually just bungie having dogshit network engineers. Maybe that's a little harsh but its been done successfully elsewhere they just sucked that go around with H3

31 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Negative ghost rider

Don't ever call me a ghost again.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Or you could just eloquently type your bullshit and exhibit enough confidence that you somehow convince yourself you're right. Either works. It's an online forum relax weirdo. 

Lmao

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, arglactable said:

Agreed. Hit-scan for both.

More like it just can’t be done or it be a waste of development time. No developer would make the decision to change the game mechanics depending if it’s online or LAN.