CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

They never had to play Str8 Rippon that tournament :simms:

I can't speak on H5 since I've never played it, but I would argue that it is more difficult to shoot in H2C than it is in H2A, Reach, and H4; while at the same time being considerably easier than shooting in CE or H3.  However, at the end of the day, there aren't even any tournaments for H2C, H2A, Reach, or H4 so it doesn't seem to really matter.  

"We have people here that competed in the damn game and they'll tell you the main thing they would want changed is the shooting mechanics." 

Not saying this isn't true, but I would love to see any evidence of this being said.  Pretty much very former H2 pro or personality I follow on Twitter or Twitch doesn't even mention the existence of competitive Halo 2.

He doesn’t mean the mechanics themselves just an overall aim assist and magnetism decrease.

Shrink the BR's reticle a tad and up the FOV. Doing that would make me like H2 a whole lot more.

EDIT: If there's one thing I'd want added to CE it'd just be to replace current MCC CE with NHE. Kind of a cheat awnser but idgaf. I'd actually start caring about CE more if I could play NHE online in MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the utility was a projectile weapon (not hitscan), would you prefer a larger reticle so you can use the edge to lead your shots with aim assist or a smaller reticle so you can lead your shots without aim assist by placing your reticle in front of your target?

What is cool about this thread is that it is some of the most die-hard fans of the series, who are able to write some graduate level analysis of Halo and its mechanics.

Love being able to hop in a read some good Halo debates. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RyanW said:

I hate coming back after a hiatus. It's like I re-entered pre-Reach Bungie.net.

giphy.gif

what a useless post lmao 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cH_ said:

what a useless post lmao 

It seems to be a theme of his

• Like (+1) 2

Most of the issues anyone has with CE 4's would be alleviated by just increasing the respawn time a few seconds to make full team wipes > randoms easier.

Even disregarding that, the raw gun skill in CE compared to any other Halo is enough to make it more competitively viable a thousand times over

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

If the utility was a projectile weapon (not hitscan), would you prefer a larger reticle so you can use the edge to lead your shots with aim assist or a smaller reticle so you can lead your shots without aim assist by placing your reticle in front of your target?

1: reticle size does not determine the aim assist. CE actually has an invisible circle around the reticle that's about 3x the size that grants friction.

2: there's about a million qualifiers involving other AA that makes this question impossible to answer.

That being said, I've always thought the CE reticle was too big 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, cH_ said:

what a useless post lmao 

53 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

It seems to be a theme of his

Useless replies to a useless post

tumblr_inline_otwp8bGMN11ulifgg_540.jpg

• Salt (-1) 1

8 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

They never had to play Str8 Rippon that tournament :simms:

If they played Team Best Buy this would've never happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like how there was deep talk about the spawn system and strategies a couple pages ago on halo 1. Didn't the halo forums way back in the day primarily focus on discussions and tricks with the meta of halo? I wish I was around back then to see that type of discussion more often, now it's like all memes and complaints on how shitty halo is lol.

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

the raw gun skill in CE compared to any other Halo is enough to make it more competitively viable a thousand times over

Question.

Can anybody in this forum actually prove that the CE Magnum is challenging to use because of its difficulty, or because there is a random factor to it?

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Question.

Can anybody in this forum actually prove that the CE Magnum is challenging to use because of its difficulty, or because there is a random factor to it?

The CE magnum has effectively zero bullet magnetism in close-to-medium range. Out far it does have pull. 

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

The CE magnum has effectively zero bullet magnetism in close-to-medium range. Out far it does have pull. 

What about its original spread, versus the MCC model? Does it actually decide fights?

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What about its original spread, versus the MCC model? Does it actually decide fights?

As far as I can tell it's effectively the same. The pistol has a very small spread across HeH (about the size of a Spartan), for instance. 

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

As far as I can tell it's effectively the same. The pistol has a very small spread across HeH (about the size of a Spartan), for instance. 

So what's causing fights in MCC to be slogs? Lag?

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

So what's causing fights in MCC to be slogs? Lag?

Let's be perfectly honest here. Projectile weapon fights (with no bullet trails to gauge the latency) over XBL was always going to be kind of a shitshow. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Let's be perfectly honest here. Projectile weapon fights (with no bullet trails to gauge the latency) over XBL was always going to be kind of a shitshow. 

But it's not like that on lan, not even a little?

Just now, S0UL FLAME said:

But it's not like that on lan, not even a little?

As far as I can conceive of it, it may be the inconsistency of XBL that's the culprit. I don't know the granular details of CE's netcode and how it determines bullet locations, but given how utterly garbage CE over XBC was in terms of lag, it's probably safe to say that they haven't ironed out the kinks all the way for MCC. 

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

As far as I can conceive of it, it may be the inconsistency of XBL that's the culprit. I don't know the granular details of CE's netcode and how it determines bullet locations, but given how utterly garbage CE over XBC was in terms of lag, it's probably safe to say that they haven't ironed out the kinks all the way for MCC. 

So the experiences people have on MCC are not in any way, shape, or form similar to how it was on LAN. I'm not talking about 1.5 or NHE either. Was the Magnum actually a skillful gun that took some time mastering, or is it possible the last ten years the spread of the gun has been determining the outcome this whole time?

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

So the experiences people have on MCC are not in any way, shape, or form similar to how it was on LAN. I'm not talking about 1.5 or NHE either. Was the Magnum actually a skillful gun that took some time mastering, or is it possible the last ten years the spread of the gun has been determining the outcome this whole time?

I think anyone who plays CE religiously will tell you that they can get into a "zone" where they're consistently doming people. MCC absolutely does feel more loose, and to me it feels like fluctuating network conditions are the problem when combined with a gun that has very little aim assist and projectile bullets, i.e. a gun like the H2 BR doesn't suffer nearly as much. 

Just to reword it. The CE Magnum in MCC is drastically different from the OG? OG is much more consistent?

I think it's more correct to say that it's probably exactly the same as OG but doesn't perform as well over WAN network conditions.