CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Certain maps in halo CE play utter horribly for 4s and the main reason is the spawning. One thing I think could improve this is make the ce magnum what we start with. CE has the longest weapon switching times out of any halo and this is what makes spawn killing so much easier. It takes about close to a solid second to switch to the pistol, and if someone scores a perfect on you, you’re fucked.

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

U6xWtZJ.jpg

I'm aware you posted some angsty videos and had some SICK forum posts back in like 2005. That doesn't give you experience or credibility. 

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

Who are you again 

Doesn't really matter who I am. What matters is what I'm discussing.

"CE 4's are unplayable" is not a real opinion.

If you're not arguing that, then every Halo has flaws and to whine that CE 4's aren't the almost literal perfect experience that 2's are is a complete waste of thought energy. 

Y'all need to play each other so I can see who really knows their shit. I know who I got my money on lmao 

Also come on now. H2 has nutty aim assist and bullet mag. It's not harder to shoot in than games like h2a or H5 with all the movement abilities available. H2 for it's time was amazing. An undisputed classic and revolutionized online shooters. But by today's standards the mechanics don't hold up that well and the forgiving shooting is the main thing. We have people here that competed in the damn game and they'll tell you the main thing they would want changed is the shooting mechanics. It's just too easy. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"CE 4's are unplayable" is not a real opinion.

If you're not arguing that, then every Halo has flaws and to whine that CE 4's aren't the almost literal perfect experience that 2's are is a complete waste of thought energy. 

First off, I didn't say they are unplayable. I have not ONCE used that word. I said they are not competitive at a high-level due to glaring issues within the game. Jesus Christ. You can agree or disagree on that, but in order to do so, you must be able to follow the conversation -- which you are failing miserably at. For the last time, I am not comparing any other Halo to Halo CE. Get that through your head. I am discussing Halo 1 in a vacuum. 

I also never said 2s were perfect, but they are leaps and bounds more competitive and more diverse than 4v4s. Imagine being called hyperbolic and then someone coming at you with that garbage. LOL.

2 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

First off, I didn't say they are unplayable. I have not ONCE used that word. I said they are not competitive at a high-level due to glaring issues within the game. Jesus Christ. You can agree or disagree on that, but in order to do so, you must be able to follow the conversation -- which you are failing miserably at. For the last time, I am not comparing any other Halo to Halo CE. Get that through your head. I am discussing Halo 1 in a vacuum. 

I also never said 2s were perfect, but they are leaps and bounds more competitive and more diverse than 4v4s. Imagine being called hyperbolic and then someone coming at you with that garbage. LOL.

"CE 4'S ARE UNCOMPETITIVE" 

"Compared to what?" 

"COMPARED TO NOTHING"

"What does 'uncompetitive' mean?" 

"IT MEANS WHATEVER I WANT IT TO MEAN"

Yeah, I'm the one with the comprehension problem. 

• Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"CE 4'S ARE UNCOMPETITIVE" 

"Compared to what?" 

"COMPARED TO NOTHING"

"What does 'uncompetitive' mean?" 

"IT MEANS WHATEVER I WANT IT TO MEAN"

Yeah, I'm the one with the comprehension problem. 

Are you serious?

I said they're uncompetitive compared to 2s. MULTIPLE TIMES.

Uncompetitive means the best team will not always win, which I thought was heavily implied during my 3 section write-up. 

Don't accuse me of a comprehension problem when it's been OVERTLY STATED MULTIPLE TIMES what my argument is. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Arftacular said:

Uncompetitive means the best team will not always win

Halo 2 had totally gimped aiming mechanics - the central tenet of a shooting game - and yet Final Boss walked through an entire tourney without dropping a game (and I don't care that you're not making the comparison, because I am), so tell me how CE 4's are "uncompetitive" if H2 managed to be competitive? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Halo 2 had totally gimped aiming mechanics - the central tenet of a shooting game - and yet Final Boss walked through an entire tourney without dropping a game (and I don't care that you're not making the comparison, because I am), so tell me how CE 4's are "uncompetitive" if H2 managed to be competitive? 

Cursed Lemon, you mental midget. I am not talking about HALO 2 IN ANY WAY. I am not comparing the competitive merits of Halo 1 4v4s to ANY OTHER HALO GAME IN THE SERIES. I am comparing Halo 1 2v2s to Halo 1 4v4s. Comparing Halo 2 to 1 has no bearing on literally anything I'm talking about. I am not held captive to or responsible for your shitty arguments, lol.

Un-fucking-real.

3 hours ago, Gold said:

Why does (not all) kids that only play halo CE and no other halo act like they’re on a higher pedestal than everyone else?  News flash: you ain’t! You just look like a dickhead.  

No one said they are better than anyone else.  What was said is that halo CE has the highest skill curve of all halos and the h5 kiddies got all bent out of shape over it.  Then Arftacular asked me to post my gamer tag to check my stats which I found comical that he's that concerned about the stats of someone in a game that is broken to begin with.  Then the h5 detectives posted some usernames that weren't mine and commented on those stats.  Stats mean so little to me that I didn't even know you could look them up on waypoint, so I posted a screen shot of my stats from the career screen within the game itself so that the lil fella would finally stop posting.  I'm sure this conversation will go full circle with h5 kids complaining about how camo looks in halo CE.  

2 hours ago, Mow said:

I do agree with them that Halo CE is the best competitive title in the series, but personally what I always thought made Halo great was how it balanced competitive play and casual play better than any other shooter. As we have moved further and further away from what made Halo 'Halo' in CE, that balance has worsened and worsened up to the point that we have Halo 5, which is a game made to merge competitive and casual play, but in the end catered to neither particularly well. So I see where the purity comes from when it comes to Halo CE, but unfortunately we are now also at a point where what makes Halo 'Halo' has fragmented into many different things, including its gameplay. I still think despite that, that it is possible for a New Halo game to please the majority of overall 'Halo' fans, and that the place where that could happen is on PC. 

^

This guy gets it.   

Now if only people posting in this topic who were 7 years old when halo CE game out understood such a simple concept.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think H1 4's at a high level is, for the most part uncharted territory, knowing what we know now about the game. There are things you can do to manage the chaos and overcome disadvantages. The simple act of consciously spreading out will do wonders for your team in TS. Knowing when you're last alive and standing on a random can literally save your team 15 deaths. All the grenade tricks that are common now but weren't back then are game changers too.

It's just very, very different. And unfortunately, the meta will probably never develop again. Hell, it'll probably never even reach where it was in 2004. It's not like people are watching those VODs and learning those strats. You're just not going to get 8 good people playing against each other often enough to see how the game can evolve in 2019. And that sucks, because I think it could be pretty awesome, in ways people probably can't picture right now, especially if you're not well versed in your H1 game knowledge (I'm not talking about Arftacular, he's a hell of a player). 

Things like spawn control are difficult in 4v4, but they're not impossible, so they can be learned. But the thing with H1 players is that they're complete shit at communication for the most part, since they're used to splitscreening and not needing to say much. And managing spawns well in 4v4 is extremely communication intensive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This is really hard for you, isn't it? 

Here, I'll break out the 2nd grade MS Paint charts so you can understand it better. 

MhnFJQg.png

Hi there. This is your bi-hourly reminder that I'm not referring to any other Halo games. Thank you so much.

1 minute ago, Arftacular said:

Hi there. This is your bi-hourly reminder that I'm not referring to any other Halo games. Thank you so much.

And here's my re-re-re-re-re-reminder that you can take the other games off the chart and it's still valid. Sorry that I tried to make it too easy for you to conceive of. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dylantrey is trying to say that CE 4v4 plays bad compared to CE 2v2 and he is correct.

Cursed Lemon is trying to say that relative to the other halos, what does it matter how CE 4v4 plays relative to CE 2v2 when it still shits on any and all competitive game types in the other halos.

Both are correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, WARGOD said:

Dylantrey is trying to say that CE 4v4 plays bad compared to CE 2v2 and he is correct.

Cursed Lemon is trying to say that relative to the other halos, what does it matter how CE 4v4 plays relative to CE 2v2 when it still shits on any and all competitive game types in the other halos.

Both are correct.

He specifically said that 4's aren't just bad compared to 2's, they're bad in and of themselves. 

That's dumb and he's dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

He specifically said that 4's aren't just bad compared to 2's, they're bad in and of themselves. 

That's dumb and he's dumb. 

At a high-level they are bad. Most pros or people who are good at the game would say the same thing.

Are they fun? Yes. Competitive? No. 

Imagine having so little understanding of a game you've been championing for years. Solid performance today, @Cursed Lemon. You deserve a frosty beverage. 

By all means, invite all these "people who are good at the game" you know of to come here and say that CE 4's are objectively bad. 

All these people you know. 

• Fire (+1) 1