CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

Hook up xlan or dl pc and get on that grind

I know XLAN is better, is PC that much better than MCC if I can't get XLAN working?

I have a fair amount of people I can LAN with. The issue is none of them are incredibly talented, even with training mode turned on they won't random me on Hang 'em. Definitely planning on playing with them anyway, but I need to figure out XLAN or PC.

• Like (+1) 1

That's enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I have 100% win rate on my alt

I played one game and won. Crown me now

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I have 100% win rate on my alt

I played one game and won. Crown me now

Now this I believe.

56 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

Yeah. I bet it's really difficult to remember all those names. I mean, how on earth could you possibly turn your on your Xbox and check? It sounds so incredibly difficult. 

I also have almost 4k games played and have primarily played high level games. I'll take that 1.8 KD, level 50, and 3-1 win ratio any day of the week over these made up stats you've posted. Humor me.

Is your 50 in Halo 1 or is it in another Halo? I'm level 24 and haven't found a game in months. Being able to find that many games is the real accomplishment.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Silos said:

Is your 50 in Halo 1 or is it in another Halo? I'm level 24 and haven't found a game in months. Being able to find that many games is the real accomplishment.

It’s Halo 1 but it was from before the reset. I’m like a 32 or 33 now. It’s impossible to find games to hit 50 for me at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I can confirm the 60HZ update improved hit reg big time. Hit reg is even better than 360 hitreg. The netcode is 60HZ so it works properly with the 60fps

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Silos said:

I know XLAN is better, is PC that much better than MCC if I can't get XLAN working?

I have a fair amount of people I can LAN with. The issue is none of them are incredibly talented, even with training mode turned on they won't random me on Hang 'em. Definitely planning on playing with them anyway, but I need to figure out XLAN or PC.

Theyre all different. Think about it like working out. Got to train all muscle groups. U get both setup so u can play one if there isnt people for the other

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Arftacular said:

The crux of the issue is 4v4 is not competitive due to the randomness and chaos of 4s. If you played 4v4 at a high level, then you would know that. 

2's are better than 4's. That doesn't mean 4's are trash. 

• Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They’re pretty bad. 

• Salt (-1) 4

16 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

So you actually think you can't see MCC stats online? And you STILL didn't post your tag? Yikes

Also just because you went to a LAN doesn't mean you're magically more qualified to give your view on how a game should be. Lmao anyone can go to beach lan that doesn't give you IQ points automatically. There have been countless top level players across every game that don't have any idea what they're talking about. It's all opinions. 

This is pure ignorance.  Going to or competing in a LAN certainty gives you more experience and more authority on what's actually going on in these games.  You're arguing with people who literally have more real world Halo experience than you.

16 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Since skulls can now be activated in custom games and people do nothing but bitch about how easy the Halo 2 BR is, I wonder if anyone will try Halo 2 customs with the eye patch skull (which disables auto aim).

People that say this have usually never once played against anyone who knows how to strafe in sweaty FFA or 4v4 lobbies.  It isn't as easy as many outsiders think it is.  Granted shooting in H2 may be easier when compared to CE or H3, but it is still leagues more difficult than H4, Reach, H2A, etc.

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Expanding on this since I have more time.

The reason 4v4s aren't great is because of a lot of factors. Are 4s fun? Sure. Are they competitive? Not very.

Section 1

Maps that play poorly:

Assumptions: equal skilled teams, everyone can shoot well, people have high-level spawn knowledge, Slayer gametype only, no one is quitting

Hang Em - why? because it turns into "who spawns blue first and then doesn't fuck up the spawn rotation". This is less of an issue in 2s because of randoms, but good luck hitting randoms to get you out of a bad spot at red or camo. Your best bet is to hope they push out of blue and you get a top closed/top open spawn. Again, that's pure randomness. The game is over fast, yes, but the map is heavily dependent on the initial spawns. Bumping the kill limit up to 75 only opens up the chance for the random to turn the tide of the game. H1 ttk and spawn mechanics work against competition here since you die so fast off of spawn if you're playing good people.

Prisoner - too small, not enough spawn points to facilitate 8 people on the map. I think most people agree that Prisoner is a bad 4s map anyways

Derelict - team that spawns top first wins. Granted there's a scenario where everyone spawns on the bottom (unlikely), then the game is determined within the first two minutes. Again, much like HH, you're hoping to get a random spawn to an advantageous top spawn to turn the the tide of the game. Plus 30 second rockets make it much more difficult to get off of a spawn lock

Damnation -- Team that spawns green first or gets top control first should win. However there's more room on this map for making a switch, but generally speaking it's determined by the initial spawns.

Chill Out - same as Prisoner. Too small, too chaotic. Objective doesn't play too bad on this though, admittedly

Wizard - same as Prisoner. First team to control tops wins because spawns are ass for 4s

Maps that play decently:

Creek, Derelict COULD if there were some mechanical changes with the map. Rat Race plays well in theory but ends up being a snoozefest

Let me know if I'm missing something regarding maps.

Section 2

What changes could be made to make 4s more competitive?

Hard to say really. The ideas I've had and read would have to be some sort of neutral forced spawns that are the same with every initial opening spawn. Speaking mostly regarding HH/Derelict/Damnation. Spawn teams "neutrally" at blue shotgun and camo and maybe Red Nose/street? Still, team that gets the closest blue spawn and doesn't fuck it up will win the game.

Objective games give a little bit more flexibility with the map flows and having less emphasis on initial spawns.

Section 3

The TLDR is that 343 is wasting time on balancing a playlist that is inherently not as competitive as the 2s variant. But, from a business perspective, more people play 4s so I understand the reasoning. H1 4v4s would require some huge systematic changes to make them competitive in the Slayer sense and we've already seen that 343 isn't willing to make those level of changes. It's mostly dicking around with kill limits and some minor weapon set changes on maps: Pistols only Wizard/Derelict. Also, I would assume more people are searching TS instead of the mixed bag of TS/KOTH/Ball/CTF gametypes. No data to back that up though. Just going by search times within the Social 4s playlist.

It's lazy and ineffectual. 

For all the reasons above is why I think 4s are trash. There is also a HUGE reason why every tournament in the last 10+ years has been 2s. The community has long accepted that H1 is better designed around 2s. However in the meantime they should make 4s ranked, change the quit penalty, and keep the kill limits at 50 until these things are changed. The playlist turns into noob hide and seek games that aren't fun for players or people watching the game. 

I'd love to eat crow and have some sweeping great changes revitalize or change 4s systematically. I don't see that happening. In my heart of hearts, I want what's best for the game. 

TLDR: Are 4s fun? Sure. Are they competitive at equal skill-levels? Not really. The mechanics of H1 and the map pool do not lend themselves to this being a competitive gametype.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Granted shooting in H2 may be easier when compared to CE or H3, but it is still leagues more difficult than H4, Reach, H2A, etc.

With a reticle that wide, some bullet mag, and general ease of use through AA, Halo 2 is easy as dicks. H2A's and H4 suffer from inverse issues with smaller reticles and more BM, but said inverse evens it out in terms of difficulty. H2 isn't leagues harder at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

59 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

With a reticle that wide, some bullet mag, and general ease of use through AA, Halo 2 is easy as dicks. H2A's and H4 suffer from inverse issues with smaller reticles and more BM, but said inverse evens it out in terms of difficulty. H2 isn't leagues harder at all.

Well I guess that would come down to your opinion.  And in this case, I'll take mine over yours.  

You can't really dodge bursts in 343's games like you can in H2C.  

Why does (not all) kids that only play halo CE and no other halo act like they’re on a higher pedestal than everyone else?  News flash: you ain’t! You just look like a dickhead.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Aside from Wargod and a couple of other people I’ve seen here, most CE only people don’t think they’re better than anyone else. We like what we like and are vocal about it. Just like any other community that enjoys anything. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Gold said:

Why does (not all) kids that only play halo CE and no other halo act like they’re on a higher pedestal than everyone else?  News flash: you ain’t! You just look like a dickhead.  

I do agree with them that Halo CE is the best competitive title in the series, but personally what I always thought made Halo great was how it balanced competitive play and casual play better than any other shooter. As we have moved further and further away from what made Halo 'Halo' in CE, that balance has worsened and worsened up to the point that we have Halo 5, which is a game made to merge competitive and casual play, but in the end catered to neither particularly well. So I see where the purity comes from when it comes to Halo CE, but unfortunately we are now also at a point where what makes Halo 'Halo' has fragmented into many different things, including its gameplay. I still think despite that, that it is possible for a New Halo game to please the majority of overall 'Halo' fans, and that the place where that could happen is on PC. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1