Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

giphy.gif

iA4opt7.gif

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@cH_ lmao what is that profile pic

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

@cH_ lmao what is that profile pic

whatchu mean?

edit: teehee just messin please no ban my fellow member of the halo community you have a blessed day :prayers:

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, cH_ said:

whatchu mean?

edit: teehee just messin please no ban my fellow member of the halo community you have a blessed day :prayers:

I had a great laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Arftacular said:

At the end of the day, you’re playing a first person shooter where KD and win % are two of the most important metrics that define a player’s skill relative to the player base. I shouldn’t have to login to a website to see what mine (or whoever I’m playing with’s) is, lol. That’s such a silly suggestion. 

 

Edit: Also, I saw your edit regarding the public shaming regarding quits. That makes this suggestion all the richer. So it’s okay to public shame quitting, while it’s not okay to public shame a bad KD? 

 

What an interesting perspective to have. 

 

Also, for what it’s worth, I would be okay with KD not being viewable or counted towards profile stats in a social playlist, since it’s meaningless there. I’m strictly speaking of competitive playlist scenarios. 

Oh, for ranked? Yeah that’s fine. I’d do it by playlist though.

And yes, there’s a big difference between shaming someone over quitting vs K/D, and it should be obvious. Choice. Shame over quitting would yield good things. It’s very different for K/D.

I feel like you’re not trying very hard to think about why I might feel the way I do, because that was obvious. You wouldn’t be trying too hard to find hypocrisy as a shortcut to an argument “checkmate”, would you?

Share this post


Link to post

this thread somehow always surprises me lol I thought I'd be used to it by now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Man, it makes me legit sad checking out Team Beyond the past few months. 

PSDxRBP.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Do you guys think they'll buff the Plasma Repeater/Plasma Rifle/Spiker in the PC version of Reach?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Darkomantis said:

Do you guys think they'll buff the Plasma Repeater/Plasma Rifle/Spiker in the PC version of Reach?

Given they're straight ports. I doubt it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of the Plasma Repeater, what are your thoughts on giving the user the ability to manually vent a battery powered weapon to rapidly decrease its heat level?  Is the Plasma Repeater the logical successor to the Plasma Rifle or are battery weapons fine the way they are?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Speaking of the Plasma Repeater, what are your thoughts on giving the user the ability to manually vent a battery powered weapon to rapidly decrease its heat level?  Is the Plasma Repeater the logical successor to the Plasma Rifle or are battery weapons fine the way they are?

It's so inconsequential I legitimately struggle to think of any upsides or downsides to having it or not. 

I guess I view it as an unnecessary button press?  Venting your weapon prevents you from firing it...but letting it cool down automatically also in effect prevents you from firing it anyways because the moment you start firing it is the moment you're no longer letting it recharge.  Like might as well have the venting rate be the same as the default cooldown rate and just not have a venting mechanic.

It doesn't strike me as much more than cosmetic.  They're both functionally the same, just one has a unique animation and one does not.

The only slight difference I can see is that with venting there's a minor delay between stopping the animation and firing so you're forced to commit to the "reload", whereas with a fast natural cooldown you can fire instantly at any time.  I don't see any reason to make plasma weapons more vulnerable, even if only such a miniscule amount.  You could say it adds risk-reward but again its so inconsequential it's just...why?

Share this post


Link to post

What about if manually venting cooled the weapon faster but could not be interrupted, like say by switching weapons.  A player could either switch weapons when his battery got hot and let it cooldown slowly in his backpack or he could manually vent the battery for a faster cooldown but he is now committed to waiting until that weapon is cool.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Darkomantis said:

Do you guys think they'll buff the Plasma Repeater/Plasma Rifle/Spiker in the PC version of Reach?

343 probably won't, although I'd expect to see some mods that accomplish that.

Share this post


Link to post

They really need it. The spiker in particular could be so cool if it was worth a damn. The ricochet mechanics would make it a lot of fun to use. It's so weird they shipped the game with those weapons in the state that they were. It really calls their playtesting into question.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

They really need it. The spiker in particular could be so cool if it was worth a damn. The ricochet mechanics would make it a lot of fun to use. It's so weird they shipped the game with those weapons in the state that they were. It really calls their playtesting into question.

Ricocheting spikes would be great at owning narrow hallways.  Hard to doge a barrage of spikes zig zagging off the walls on each side of you.

Share this post


Link to post

Spikes that ricochet makes no fuckin sense dudes.

Share this post


Link to post

Spiker and PR play nearly identical in Reach. Both are auto-based Shield strippers for DMR clean ups and melee combos. The only big difference between the two is that the PR overheats. I do think the Repeater is borderline useless, but it does function differently to the PR. Faster ROF, AR-like bloom and it rips apart Health instead of Shields.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Spikes that ricochet makes no fuckin sense dudes.

The Reach Rocket Launcher locked onto aircraft, Halo CE had no lock on, Halo 2 had full vehicle lock on, Halo 3 again had no lock on, and Halo 4 it can lock on to aircraft again. 

Not everything needs to be realistic in a game taking place in 2552+.

Unless you're just speaking that it wouldn't work in game play, in which I think it would a fun social and Campaign weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Given they're straight ports. I doubt it.

They might consider a patch considering that they hope to work with the Modding community. It's probably in their best interest if they want to keep people happy. 

 

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Speaking of the Plasma Repeater, what are your thoughts on giving the user the ability to manually vent a battery powered weapon to rapidly decrease its heat level?  Is the Plasma Repeater the logical successor to the Plasma Rifle or are battery weapons fine the way they are?

That sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Either reducing manual vent duration or accumulated heat per shot would be a step in the right direction for balancing. 

3 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

It's so inconsequential I legitimately struggle to think of any upsides or downsides to having it or not. 

I guess I view it as an unnecessary button press?  Venting your weapon prevents you from firing it...but letting it cool down automatically also in effect prevents you from firing it anyways because the moment you start firing it is the moment you're no longer letting it recharge.  Like might as well have the venting rate be the same as the default cooldown rate and just not have a venting mechanic.

It doesn't strike me as much more than cosmetic.  They're both functionally the same, just one has a unique animation and one does not.

The only slight difference I can see is that with venting there's a minor delay between stopping the animation and firing so you're forced to commit to the "reload", whereas with a fast natural cooldown you can fire instantly at any time.  I don't see any reason to make plasma weapons more vulnerable, even if only such a miniscule amount.  You could say it adds risk-reward but again its so inconsequential it's just...why?

I think that what should separate the different guns from each other is the utility/niche they bring to the table. What's the difference between the Magnum and the Plasma Pistol? One has Precision capabilities and has scope while the other can reduce shields faster and EMP vehicles. You're right that faster manual reload could be trivial but what utility could the Plasma Repeater possibly bring in comparison to its other counterparts? 

 

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

Spiker and PR play nearly identical in Reach. Both are auto-based Shield strippers for DMR clean ups and melee combos. The only big difference between the two is that the PR overheats. I do think the Repeater is borderline useless, but it does function differently to the PR. Faster ROF, AR-like bloom and it rips apart Health instead of Shields.

If I remember correctly, the Spiker had a slightly higher melee damage than other weapons in Halo 3. Maybe that could make it different from the PR assuming Bleed-through melee is put into the core Reach gameplay. But with the Repeater and PR, I think the Repeater should be good in close range while the Plasma Rifle should have the better range out of all the automatics (though there is the general assessment that Automatics shouldn't be good at range due to how easy to use they are). 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Speaking of the Plasma Repeater, what are your thoughts on giving the user the ability to manually vent a battery powered weapon to rapidly decrease its heat level?  Is the Plasma Repeater the logical successor to the Plasma Rifle or are battery weapons fine the way they are?

The plasma repeater was crazy good in the beta, it was so weak in the full game tho, was so shit I actually forgot about that weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Gold said:

The plasma repeater was crazy good in the beta, it was so weak in the full game tho, was so shit I actually forgot about that weapon. 

The Halo 3 BETA Carbine though.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, xSociety said:

The Halo 3 BETA Carbine though.

The Halo 5 beta aim 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Gold said:

The Halo 5 beta aim 

Haha! Remember when no one said anything about the aiming during the beta because it felt great? So glad they changed it in time for release! 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.