CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

I thought it was funny and uniquely chaotic. That’s it. Everyone chill.

K. I’ll mind the clip critique police around here next time. Sorry for sharing. 

(kidding)

3 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

Yeah, you're right. I don't play anything other than CE and the very occasional H3 Hardcore or whatever it's called, so I'm not sure what the experience is in other games.

Dogshit. Kids squad up to 4 man social all day long and have literally not a single ranked game played. It's all ego city. If I could actually find ranked H2A games I would never play social again. But most kids would rather farm bots in a stacked team so all the people are just doing that. Now if we actually got party matching in social it wouldn't be an issue and people could play whatever they want. Just find it hilarious when people get egoes stacking social games against randoms. 

Just now, Hard Way said:

Zac you gotta post people getting shit on 2v2 also.  Maybe that will please the viewers. 

On 2nd thought scratch that idea.... they'll just say shitting on randoms in 2v2 isn't impressive.  

Gonna have to show these complainers footage of 2v2 customs on halo CE....

..oh wait scratch that... 2v2 customs on halo CE won't be impressive....

I guess you'll just have to show them footage of shit going down at Beach LAN.

...oh wait scratch that... there's already a thread where you did exactly that.  :)

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Not talking about you.

2 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't play anything other than CE and the very occasional H3 Hardcore or whatever it's called, so I'm not sure what the experience is in other games.

I play H2A/H4 and some HCE/3 sprinkled in there whenever I get bored. Run into quite a few obvious parties of kids wanting a quick ego. First game of CE last night was against that dumbass Mint Blitz for fuck's sake, lol. Was partied with another kid trying to clip hunt bloody social. It's enabled quite a bit now, and the kids getting statted on lose either way because of REALLY bad quit bans. It's either, they take getting statted on which isn't fun or good, or they get fucked with a 5 minute ban for doing nothing inherently wrong. Can ruin games.

Why have I never experienced this 5 minute ban people complain about while playing solo in 4v4 or in 2v2?  Must be due to lack of team killing or quitting?

8 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't play anything other than CE and the very occasional H3 Hardcore or whatever it's called, so I'm not sure what the experience is in other games.

Same.  It's because the rest of the games are shit by comparison.  Someone who strives to be good in H5 instead of Halo CE is like a person striving to be the best player in the NBA D-league but refusing  to join the NBA draft where the real level of competition resides.  I'd personally rather play in the NBA so that's why I play CE.  :)

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Quit one game dumbass you get a 5 minute ban. What are you on about?

Remembeerrrr, you don't even need to quit. The game could crash or not load you in, and you'll get the same baaaaaan.

9 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not talking about you.

I play H2A/H4 and some HCE/3 sprinkled in there whenever I get bored. Run into quite a few obvious parties of kids wanting a quick ego. First game of CE last night was against that dumbass Mint Blitz for fuck's sake, lol. Was partied with another kid trying to clip hunt bloody social. It's enabled quite a bit now, and the kids getting statted on lose either way because of REALLY bad quit bans. It's either, they take getting statted on which isn't fun or good, or they get fucked with a 5 minute ban for doing nothing inherently wrong. Can ruin games.

I think Mint Blitz searches solo though, right? I could be wrong on that. I’ve never watched him stream. I just know he’s quit out of several BTB games in H5 when it became clear he wasn’t gonna get any good clips.

If that’s the case, he has every right to search whatever playlist he wants. I mean, to4 do too, but we agree it’s pretty unethical. But solo? Are we really gonna try to put honor rules on what playlists you’re allowed to search on your main account, solo?

Edit: totally missed the part about being partied up. Even still, to2 in 4v4 isn’t a big deal. It’s weird to demand people play ranked all the time.

Just now, Hard Way said:

I think Mint Blitz searches solo though, right? I could be wrong on that. I’ve never watched him stream. I just know he’s quit out of several BTB games in H5 when it became clear he wasn’t gonna get any good clips.

If that’s the case, he has every right to search whatever playlist he wants. I mean, to4 do too, but we agree it’s pretty unethical. But solo? Are we really gonna try to put honor rules on what playlists you’re allowed to search on your main account, solo?

Dohohohoh, fuck no he does not. He's a party kid. Rarely searches solo. 

And no. All I'm saying is I want party restrictions in social so teams aren't just dicking on solo playing kids, screaming callouts. I'm not saying ban players from searching social in teams or anything, I'm just saying don't enable pubstomping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Remembeerrrr, you don't even need to quit. The game could crash or not load you in, and you'll get the same baaaaaan.

I suppose if your playing on a shit connection that could happen.  I've not experienced that.  All this being said, please enlighten us all as to what your solution is to dealing with quitters.  How will the game detect if you quit or if it's a crash?

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Dohohohoh, fuck no he does not. He's a party kid. Rarely searches solo. 

And no. All I'm saying is I want party restrictions in social so teams aren't just dicking on solo playing kids, screaming callouts. I'm not saying ban players from searching social in teams or anything, I'm just saying don't enable pubstomping.

It's going to be OK.  You can join up with me and Zac and we can own his party game after game.  Does he at least warp all around the screen and take 10 head shots to the head so that the game isn't over in 5 minutes?  Then you can send him a message bragging about how only 3 of us and a random kept shitting on his 4 man team.  Sounds good?  

• WutFace (+0) 1

Mcc 2s is already horrible since the game is broke. But in 4 idc as much if my pistol dont work or my camo doesnt recamo. Also i dont get sound whored in 4s. But i still searched 2s occasional.  But since to2 can now match solos, I’ve searched 2s like 7x since the update. Party matching was the best update but then people complained they didnt insta match and now its gone. Fuck off. 

• Like (+1) 1

As soon as you try to institute a benevolent quit policy that gives the benefit of the doubt about disconnects, people will exploit it. It’d be nice if it could detect crashes though, at least.

Edit: Riddler nailed it. 2’s is almost always a very challenging game, which would be great, but the hit reg and other various inadequacies are much more apparent. I’m able to relax more in 4v4. Plus, I’ve wanted to play 4v4 CE online for like 16 years, so the shit is a dream come true.

Just now, WARGOD said:

I suppose if your playing on a shit connection that could happen.  I've not experienced that.  All this being said, please enlighten us all as to what your solution is to dealing with quitters.  How will the game detect if you quit or if it's a crash?

It doesn't matter if you have a shit connection, you can just literally just be dropped from the game on a god connection because it's not 100% stable. Like any game before it. 

I would say, to deal with quitters, make a good game. Give us party restrictions, settings that are competitive in social so players aren't being railed on Zenith with dual snipes and rocks while spawning Banshee, and ban players if they quit A LOT. Not if they quit once. It's beyond obnoxious that the current ban length in order is 5 minutes>15 minutes>1 hour>16 hours. Unarguably. Without any provocation. Players should be able to dip from a social game if they don't want to play, and punishing them for that THIS bad makes them never come back, because why would they. 

Just now, WARGOD said:

It's going to be OK.  You can join up with me and Zac and we can own his party game after game.  Does he at least warp all around the screen and take 10 head shots to the head so that the game isn't over in 5 minutes?  Then you can send him a message bragging about how only 3 of us and a random kept shitting on his 4 man team.  Sounds good?  

I don't even know what you're saying here, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hard Way said:

As soon as you try to institute a benevolent quit policy that gives the benefit of the doubt about disconnects, people will exploit it. It’d be nice if it could detect crashes though, at least.

I'm all for improving the current way that it handles bans, I just don't ever get banned.  What no one has suggested is how they would implement such a feature.  All I hear are complaints about 343 trying to reduce the number of quitters in the game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It doesn't matter if you have a shit connection, you can just literally just be dropped from the game on a god connection because it's not 100% stable. Like any game before it. 

I would say, to deal with quitters, make a good game. Give us party restrictions, settings that are competitive in social so players aren't being railed on Zenith with dual snipes and rocks while spawning Banshee, and ban players if they quit A LOT. Not if they quit once. It's beyond obnoxious that the current ban length in order is 5 minutes>15 minutes>1 hour>16 hours. Unarguably. Without any provocation. Players should be able to dip from a social game if they don't want to play, and punishing them for that THIS bad makes them never come back, because why would they. 

I don't even know what you're saying here, lol.

Might want to check your setup.  I don't have that problem.  I don't know if it's because of my proximity to the server or what. 

I'm saying that if Mint Blitz is always teaming up with a party of 4 and your struggling going up against him with randoms, me and Zac can  join with you and shit on that kid and his team all day.  

In all fairness, the quit bans have drastically increased my number of games that end with all 8 players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

In all fairness, the quit bans have drastically increased my number of games that end with all 8 players.

Same experience for me.  And at the end of the day that's all that really matters.  No one gives a shit if some peasant gets banned for 16 hours and never comes back.  That's called thinning out the herd so that you're more likely to match better players.

2 minutes ago, WARGOD said:

Might want to check your setup.  I don't have that problem.  I don't know if it's because of my proximity to the server or what. 

I'm saying that if Mint Blitz is always teaming up with a party of 4 and your struggling going up against him with randoms, me and Zac can  join with you and shit on that kid and his team all day.  

It's nothing to do with my setup. It's cool you've never experienced it, but the game's build isn't entirely stable. Regardless of what I do, or how good my internet is, sometimes the game will just drop players. 

Second, I didn't say I was struggling. Ended up winning against the kid because he's horrible against any competent players, and it was basically a 2v2. I don't need a team to stat on someone who's horrible, I'm saying, this dude literally makes a name for himself squadding up in social gametypes and statting on bots, as do others who full stack it unironically. And this would be solved at least in part if party matching was a thing. So four stacks couldn't just match solo queuers.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WARGOD said:

Same experience for me.  And at the end of the day that's all that really matters.  No one gives a shit if some peasant gets banned for 16 hours and never comes back.  That's called thinning out the herd so that you're more likely to match better players.

What tag do you play on in the playlist?

Social should have bans. But not as harsh as ranked. One quit game in ranked should give you a ban because that really hurts your team. Internet crash or not. Sometimes mistakes happen, and one 5 minute ban won't kill you. If it does, grow up and get some patience. If these "internet crashes it wasn't my fault!" keeps happening, then maybe it is your connection. Or you can just keep making excuses. Oh, and I'd make the ban for ranked only. So even if you get your 5 or 15 minute ban, you can move on to Social during the down time.

Social should probably be about 3 quits before you get your first 5 minute ban. Internet crashes happen but it shouldn't punish you in a game that doesn't really matter. But eventually you still enforce a ban because going 3v4 just leads to 2v4, 1v4 then game over and it's only been two minutes into the game. 4th quit another 5 minute ban. 5th quit 30 minute ban. Any additional quits just add 30 minutes. 

Ban timer restarts every 24 hours. So if you quit enough to get a 24 hour ban, you have to go 24 consecutive hours after that ban is over for your quits to restart. Show your quits in the UI or maybe the Start menu. That way there's no "omg I didn't know it was my 5th quit of the day this sucks".

This XP system rumored for MCC is one of my most anticipated changes. I hardly ever had quitters in H3 with the playlist XP. The Reach system could work too, alongside playlist XP.

The problem Reach had was that it rewarded longer games with more XP. That’s backwards. If you can win efficiently, you should be rewarded more. I think that would do a lot to eliminate starting/holding obj.

I think there’s room for rewarding the losing team for making it close/difficult, like a “valiant effort” bonus if they break 40 in slayer or force an obj game beyond 10-12min. That bonus should never amount to more than the victory bonus though. But there should be ZERO incentive for the controlling team to drag the game out. 

I’m of the opinion that K/D and total kills shouldn’t even be accessible in-game. Put the emphasis on total wins and win percentage. Average party size. Average game length. Average margin of victory. Shit like that.

Edit: Regarding showing recent quits to the user, that’s a great idea. But it should be visible to everyone in the lobby . I think there’s something to be said for the benefits of public shaming sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I’m of the opinion that K/D and total kills shouldn’t even be accessible in-game. Put the emphasis on total wins and win percentage. Average party size. Average game length. Average margin of victory. Shit like that.

Regardless of whether* a K/D is viewable on the player's profile or not in-game, people are always going to be interested in what their K/D is. It's a good metric to know what kind of player you're playing against w/ all those other metrics taken into consideration. 

But yeah, it's not really important in an objective playlist. It's very important in a TS playlist.

Although at this point, I'd settle for any sort of progression system that keeps people interested in the game(s).