CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

16 minutes ago, Meleeisback said:

Halo 3, h2, HR v7, cod bo4, and it’s mostlt the opinion of those who played a decade ago, rarely will you find someone who didn’t start on ce like it.  The majority and minority is not nonsense. It’s people like you who think it does because you don’t to believe you’re wrong In anyway and want to feel you’re the genius in the pool of idiots when you’re not. It’s a fact majority hate h5 but it’s fans refuse to believe that, they think it’s some other outside of gameplay reason. 

Ok this is making more sense now.   I've played all the Halos, I just prefer Halo CE because everything after it just feels like inferior game play.   Someone who didn't start on CE isn't going to understand any of this.    As far as camo in CE is concerned, it's fine as is because it's balanced within what the sandbox has to offer.   Don't like other's getting it?  Stop them from getting it.  

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I see the Halo 5 kids are at it again. Vehicles are bad, map pickups are bad, camo is bad, anything that isn't Quinn Del Hoyo's Call of Halo director's cut is bad.

I see the Classic Halo™ boomers are at it again. Sprint is bad, thrust is bad, weapons that actually shoot where you aim consistently are bad, anything that wasn't in 30fps Halo in 2001 is bad.

I can make condescending gibberish non-arguments too!

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I see the Halo 5 kids are at it again. Vehicles are bad, map pickups are bad, camo is bad, anything that isn't Quinn Del Hoyo's Call of Halo director's cut is bad.

Imagine being a Halo 5 kid that didn't get to enjoy Halo during the glory days when the console was being played on things like XBC and Gamespy much less traveling to LANs.   That's why I don't value the opinion as highly of those who didn't start off with Halo or even CS.  People who have played everything the next person has played and then some have a much broader understanding on how all this shit works.

• Like (+1) 1

Just cause someone is newer to the game doesn't mean they can't understand it, or you somehow know more. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WARGOD said:

Someone who didn't start on CE isn't going to understand any of this.    As far as camo in CE is concerned, it's fine as is because it's balanced within what the sandbox has to offer.   Don't like other's getting it?  Stop them from getting it.  

Yikes. Gatekeeping and other assorted fallacies. It's like a bag of snot, fart, and vomit jelly beans. Pick your poison.

what if you started with CS, went to EPIC LANS, and think every iteration of halo is serious buns but knows it can be a great game with simple adjustment in gameplay philosophy :apg:

• Fire (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Just cause someone is newer to the game doesn't mean they can't understand it, or you somehow know more. 

Sure it is.  How can someone playing CE for a month have an understanding that someone who's been playing it for 18 years has?

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Understanding it and liking it are 2 different things. 

It really only takes a week to understand CE's meta, just like any other Halo besides Vanilla Reach and H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we may never fully understand the intricacy of vanilly reach  

9 minutes ago, Meleeisback said:

Understanding it and liking it are 2 different things. 

Understanding it and being good and understanding it are 2 different things.

The halo reach CE playlist gave us a magnum that was 3sk with moderate bloom. It had the movement style of reach and barely any fall damage(reach fall damage was only effective on btb maps like spire, wasn’t impactful like ce) and was greatly disliked by ce fans. It gave you an idea of what ce can play like with this powerful magnum but on a different format, and unfortunately wasn’t liked. But hey I don’t blame you it wasn’t that great. Like it played so different but you still had the strong ass utility right? 

CE 2v2s have more "strats" than your pops

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

CE 2v2s have more "strats" than your pops

YIKES!   Don't be spittin them truth bombs like that.

CURRENT YEAR

Edit: I mean, CMON?!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to have to take "Meleeisback's" word over say, Time magazine.   Not that I personally think that Tetris is the best game, but there's just something about this guy's knowledge of gaming that makes his opinions so valuable!  Maybe one day his favorite game will be ranked #1?

http://time.com/4458554/best-video-games-all-time/

4 minutes ago, WARGOD said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to have to take "Meleeisback's" word over say, Time magazine.   Not that I personally think that Tetris is the best game, but there's just something about this guy's knowledge of gaming that makes his opinions so valuable!  Maybe one day his favorite game will be ranked #1?

http://time.com/4458554/best-video-games-all-time/

I dunno why you're taking any opinionated piece seriously over another's in this sense, lol. Appealing to authority doesn't really mean shit and is also fallacious. 

Tetris is literally the most timeless game ever made... People will still play it after Halo is truly dead. 

Christ what a bad example. 

Also, it takes a week to learn the basics of CE meta, but unless you have the benefit of playing with three other top players constantly, it takes years to learn the full limits of what you can and what you should do at any given moment. Go partner with a top 10 player who doesn't mind teaching, and you'll quickly find out that you still have a long way to go. 

As for this camo debate, maybe it's an MCC thing but camo is not that hard to see. Especially for certain players. When I LAN, Gspot headshots me like every goddamn time I have it so I start to just not even bother getting it, lol. 

It's mostly just good for being able to move around in larger open areas without it being immediately noticeable, and the lack of aim assist means you can try to stay really patient until you get an advantage even if someone is shooting at you. 

• Like (+1) 2

I value Time Magazine's opinion on video games about as much as I'd value a Denny's cook's opinion on the stock market.

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Weird way of addressing me, lel. You sounded like my mom or dad. I thought I was in trouble all over again. They call me goddess where I come from, I'll have you know.

Second, okay, so, people will stand still to see camo. It's a viable strat. To be honest, that's actually stupider than the other outcome. So you sit in place, and completely halt your movement and map progression to stare around for a camo dude who's maybe moving around. But they could very well not even be in front of you, and you stopping does nothing but give them more time to move on you, or another power weapon. Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty dumb that you need to sacrifice more on top of your sight already, lol. 

Also, it's T. rex. Aaaaaaa.

I guess that would depend on where you're standing, and what you're looking at, wouldn't it?

I'm 99% sure that Supermelee123, Fixaimingpls, and Meleeisback are all the same person.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

I'm 99% sure that Supermelee123, Fixaimingpls, and Meleeisback are all the same person.

3rd time aint a charm