Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Basu said:

I really don't get this camo hate, other than beast and ice's age old vendetta against map pickups of course. Camo is the powerup that requires the most skill and proficiency to be effective with, as in knowing sneaky routes, choosing paths that won't get the user instablained, learning when to go for backsmacks etc. It actually adds a unique twist to the game and makes for some interesting encounters. You guys are (as always) simplyfing things to a point where it's very easy to make stuff look bad "huehue so you're just standing still the whole time looking for the camo guy", like cmon.

A bad player will never dominate matches just because of camo. I truly don't understand where this is coming from, especially on the context of the good Halo games and CE of all of them, though I can understand hating H5 camo or the cancerous AA in Reach and H4 lol.

A bad player doesn't need to dominate for the thing to be ass, the fact a bad player may only get one kill through nuke nades or rockets against a player that is railing them in base gunfights is more than enough for them to be dumb, lol. 

Second, saying it requires "the most skill" is also funny when you're comparing it to OS. Which just makes you a bullet sponge. Not really a good comparison.

Third, saying we're "simplifying" things is being disingenuous. I listed shit that occurs when you simply stand still. And why it's a bad option, even if it's the only one. To reiterate, by standing still you give up map presence, or any means of advancement to simply try and catch a camo player against the background of a level. And you do this in a game that isn't just occupied by the camo player, nor is it ever guaranteed they'll just sit in your LoS. There ARE other enemies on the level, shooting you, or advancing, while this other person can entirely waddle around the map. You can stall out camo, which just gives the enemy control on top of the invis they own. Or you can try and bait camo out when there's that player and another teammate (Or 3 as is the case with every Halo bar CE.) It's a loss, either way provided you play against someone who's baseline competent. It gets worse in games that people don't call out in. 

Besides, barring the lack of a burnout on AA camo in Reach/4, it was the best implementation. You had to sit in place for it to be useful, and any movement gets you shafted, while you also are unable to hear things and soundwhore. So you couldn't just walk around fully cloaked, getting free information. There were giant downsides to it for the immediate benefit of straight gunfight surprises. The biggest issue with it was it removing aim assist. 

1 minute ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Making it a dual tactic and showing your lack of cunning on the battlefield.

tenor.gif

That is a solid yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, careh said:

People argue in this thread because there is something to argue about, or in a lot of cases nothing really important to argue about. Can you actually imagine a world in which the design team are discussing power-ups in the next Halo game and someone comes out with all that crap saying Camo shouldn't be a thing in console shooters, then when pressed about an alternative they argue that pickup advantages (including Halo's rediculously easy power weapons) are cheap. They'd be laughed out of the room.

It's dumb reductionist Halo theory to its core that ignores anything potentially fun, challenging or engaging and focuses on what is completely airtight from a theoretical perspective. You ultimately arrive at an aim training simulator for console and then are completely stumpted on where to go next.
 

It's true. Any game that doesn't have braindead on map power weapons is just an aim trainer. There aren't any FPS games on the market without power weapons that take any skill at all. You're totally right. They're all aim trainers. Power weapons are in every FPS. Oh wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

It's true. Any game that doesn't have braindead on map power weapons is just an aim trainer. There aren't any FPS games on the market without power weapons that take any skill at all. You're totally right. They're all aim trainers. Power weapons are in every FPS. Oh wait 

I'm talking about the reductionist imagination of some of the people in this thread not games themselves which prove contrary to a lot of those beliefs in here.

I actually play and enjoy lots of first person shooters, this weekend I've played Apex, PUBG, CS and Overwatch so quite a bit of variety. You will rarely find me arguing against mechanics or ideas that promote creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, careh said:

I'm talking about the reductionist imagination of some of the people in this thread not games themselves which prove contrary to a lot of those beliefs in here.

I actually play and enjoy lots of first person shooters, this weekend I've played Apex, PUBG, CS and Overwatch so quite a bit of variety. You will rarely find me arguing against mechanics or ideas that promote creativity.

I literally have no idea what you are even saying at this point. Your previous post is pretty clear on what you're trying to do. This one makes no sense at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I literally have no idea what you are even saying at this point. Your previous post is pretty clear on what you're trying to do. This one makes no sense at all. 

What I'm saying is you're peddling redundant opinions that have no wordly basis. Having kept up with the thread for a bit the only thing I know you would do with a Halo game is make the weapons shoot straight and have a hitscan based primary. And that's about as far as it goes beause everything else you seem to have a problem with.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, careh said:

What I'm saying is you're peddling redundant opinions that have no wordly basis. Having kept up with the thread for a bit the only thing I know you would do with a Halo game is make the weapons shoot straight and have a hitscan based primary. And that's about as far as it goes beause everything else you seem to have a problem with.

Okay and you literally said that somehow if the game has no power weapons it would just be an aim simulator, which is bullshit. Because we have many many many games where there are no power weapons and they're much more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay and you literally said that somehow if the game has no power weapons it would just be an aim simulator, which is bullshit. Because we have many many many games where there are no power weapons and they're much more than that. 

What does your ideal Halo look like?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Collusion? 

Look, I edited the report myelf. N O C O L L U S I O N.

Share this post


Link to post

Gears of War, Quake Champions, H1Z1, PubG, Fortnite, CoD: Blackout and Apex: Legends all do real well with power weapons on map. 

I am really confused why you want Halo 4 again.. @My Namez BEAST

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Gears of War, Quake Champions, H1Z1, PubG, Fortnite, CoD: Blackout and Apex: Legends all do real well with power weapons on map. 

I am really confused why you want Halo 4 again.. @My Namez BEAST

Wow sick uninformed reply man. 

Let's break down this post real quick because it's hilariously wrong. Quake Champions is ass. Fortnite doesn't have power weapons. I guess you can call the RPG or splodes that but guess what? That's THE most complained about weapon in the ENTIRE game. Blackout is laughed at as well. People have been complaining a ton about their attempt to add power weapons. Apex also doesn't have power weapons. Again you can call the mastiff and kraber a "power weapon" but they aren't really. Peacekeeper is more consistent and gets precision choke so it's way more reliable especially out at range. Mastiff only tanks up close. Kraber isn't really that great overall and you sacrifice an entire weapon slot for a very situational weapon. Wingman/r99 is a better loadout than the 2 "power weapons" you listed. And those same power weapons also are nowhere near the reason people enjoy the games. I'd say most people enjoy the games in spite of those weapons. 

Now where the fuck did I mention halo 4 and wanting that again? Seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post

Not liking Quake is fine but from a competitive standpoint the skill ceiling and skill gap in Quake blow whatever version of Halo you think should be the definitive competitive version out of the fuckin water.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see the Halo 5 kids are at it again. Vehicles are bad, map pickups are bad, camo is bad, anything that isn't Quinn Del Hoyo's Call of Halo director's cut is bad.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I see the Halo 5 kids are at it again. Vehicles are bad, map pickups are bad, camo is bad, anything that isn't Quinn Del Hoyo's Call of Halo director's cut is bad.

Great defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Not liking Quake is fine but from a competitive standpoint the skill ceiling and skill gap in Quake blow whatever version of Halo you think should be the definitive competitive version out of the fuckin water.

Lol quake is one of the worse games ever. Unlike halo you don’t have people in the masses saying “I miss quake”. It’s just a bad game. 

  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Meleeisback said:

You’re in a great minority of halo fans and gamers in general, who think CE is the best. Sure that doesn’t make your “opinion” wrong but it sure as hell speaks louder than you people. 

Enlighten us and tell us which console game is better than Halo CE?  It's all opinion but at the end of the day, there's a reason why all those other games feel inferior to CE when I play them.  Also I wouldn't get hung up on the majority/minority nonsense.  When it comes to talking about Halo CE, people's opinions who just started playing in the last 5 years or so are going to be greatly different than those playing since the game came out.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Imagine living in a world where people think that not being able to see a player who has camo is a design flaw... smh. CE doesn’t have sprint, clamber, or thrust and there’s fall damage. Player path taking prediction is completely manageable. If your team doesn’t have the camo when it spawns then there’s a pretty damn good chance the other team does so you know where the camo guy is. There’s only so many places they can go. Throw a nade in a path the camo guy is likely to take. Fire a prediction rocket. Stand still for two seconds and stare at the spot you think he might be going. Saying you have free reign of map movement when you have camo in CE is just absolute nonsense. Ironically enough, I’m MORE cautious with my map movement when I get camo. Taking a predictable path when when you have camo is a damn good way to waste the power up. Also, first shot advantage doesn’t mean nearly as much in a game where you can actually miss the second and third shot. There’s plenty of times where I get first shot on someone only to have them turn on me and light me up. Picking your targets careful is very important to getting good use out of camo.

Imagine living in a world where people playing halo 5 somehow convinced themselves they are having fun.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WARGOD said:

Enlighten us and tell us which console game is better than Halo CE?  It's all opinion but at the end of the day, there's a reason why all those other games feel inferior to CE when I play them.  Also I wouldn't get hung up on the majority/minority nonsense.  When it comes to talking about Halo CE, people's opinions who just started playing in the last 5 years or so are going to be greatly different than those playing since the game came out.

Halo 3, h2, HR v7, cod bo4, and it’s mostlt the opinion of those who played a decade ago, rarely will you find someone who didn’t start on ce like it.  The majority and minority is not nonsense. It’s people like you who think it does because you don’t to believe you’re wrong In anyway and want to feel you’re the genius in the pool of idiots when you’re not. It’s a fact majority hate h5 but it’s fans refuse to believe that, they think it’s some other outside of gameplay reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WARGOD said:

Imagine living in a world where people playing halo 5 somehow convinced themselves they are having fun.

Umm it is a design flaw. Camo isn’t meant to be completely invisible but just near it. A soldier who uses camouflage isn’t invisible, but they’re close to invisibility. 

Share this post


Link to post

In today's TeamBeyond.net Recap...

 

It's mainly the same fucking people arguing about the same shit again. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

In today's TeamBeyond.net Recap...

 

It's mainly the same fucking people arguing about the same shit again. 

Really puts the Infinite in Halo: Infinite.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

In today's TeamBeyond.net Recap...

 

It's mainly the same fucking people arguing about the same shit again. 

1. No new people come here because this is a joke of a halo forum.

2. It’s strayed from the original reason it was created and that was to debate our love for classical halo but it’s turned worse to ware. 

3. There’s also the freedom from the corruptness of waypoint which is good, but we still wanted 343 to listen and that obviously will never happen again.

Share this post


Link to post

By the way it's not just camouflage, it's active camouflage. In every mention of it in the entire series of Halo, the Active Camo has been actually invisible. If memory serves in the books something using active camo could get spotted if they were moving or standing still if the person looking was observant enough. 

 

Oh and night vision made it possible to see camo cause it generated heat or something. Idk Halo lore can be weird. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.