FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

What's this Halo: Forever I keep hearing about? 

Starring Jim Carrey and Val Kilmer...

• Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

If they are going to keep demon runes it definitely should be kept to one game mode. Something similar to soul harvest. I really hope they do away with loadouts though. Put the weapons on map. The MP being made in house this time gives me some hope. I would really love for the Doom MP to be Quake lite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 3/25/2019 at 8:17 AM, Fixaimingsorry said:

There’s not a single flood that could be a threat by itself. 

A single spore can destroy an entire species. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The more I have thought about it, The more I actually agree with releasing Reach first on PC. It will probably look the best, v7 will probably translate really well over to PC, and there shouldn't be some of the lingering hit registration issues that H3 has. 

Why did demon runes come up here? Do people want those for halo? Are they keeping them in doom eternal?

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Why did demon runes come up here? Do people want those for halo? Are they keeping them in doom eternal?

Demon Runes and recent renditions of Power Weapons have the same problem, definite No, and we're hoping if they are in the game it's for casual/a single mode

On 3/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, if you wanna go canonical, a Gravemind would slap you around. And they can be mobile. If you wanna go smaller scale, you have Flood forms dubbed "Abominations" that are acrobatic as hell, and can tussle with a Brute, solo. I get the joke of the post, but Flood do exist that are threats on their own.

Loreyer'd

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Demon Runes and recent renditions of Power Weapons have the same problem, definite No, and we're hoping if they are in the game it's for casual/a single mode

Yeah I'll be honest the demon runes thing always seemed broken. I never really liked the doom mp anyway though.

Just played a 30 ping server and I'm in awe how good it feels...why can't it be like this all the time

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it even possible to get a game in the H2C HC playlist? I really thought they removed it but I saw it earlier and I've been trying off and on to get a game to no avail

Ok I gotta say that CE camo is annoying as hell! Like there’s not even a noticeable blur. Camo shouldn’t make you completely invisible. It’s fair to note I don’t have 20/20 vision 

1 hour ago, Meleeisback said:

Ok I gotta say that CE camo is annoying as hell! Like there’s not even a noticeable blur. Camo shouldn’t make you completely invisible. It’s fair to note I don’t have 20/20 vision 

How about instead of complaining about camo in Halo 1 you decide to try to git gud at the game and learn how to predict and outplay your opponents even when your opponents have control of camo? Getting cookouts on your opponents is one of the most satisfying things that you can do in Halo 1.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, xxcloud7xx said:

How about instead of complaining about camo in Halo 1 you decide to try to git gud at the game and learn how to predict and outplay your opponents even when your opponents have control of camo? Getting cookouts on your opponents is one of the most satisfying things that you can do in Halo 1.

If this is unironic as I think it is, given the tweet, big fucken' YIKES.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, xxcloud7xx said:

No part of that montage is skill. It’s just luck that his opponent was there. There’s a reason for balancing. The OS in ce is balanced because of the strong utility and grenade power. There’s not a good balance to this camo. Later halos do this justice. 

• WutFace (+0) 3

You guys remember how everyone spams sniper ammo at where they think camo guys might be?

Yeah, me neither.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

You guys remember how everyone spams sniper ammo at where they think camo guys might be?

Yeah, me neither.

Says you. 

Signed,

A scrub who never shows up to Beach LANs

9 hours ago, Meleeisback said:

No part of that montage is skill. It’s just luck that his opponent was there. There’s a reason for balancing. The OS in ce is balanced because of the strong utility and grenade power. There’s not a good balance to this camo. Later halos do this justice. 

What constitutes skill? What constitutes competence? What constitutes balance?

The assertion that there's absolutely no aspect of skill involved in the part of the montage that I linked and it all comes down to luck isn't necessarily true. In order for a player to consistently get cookouts on competent opponents in Halo 1 that player must also be competent at Halo 1. While it's rare to see cookouts happen in high level gameplay between two competent teams in Halo 1 it's even more rare to see an incompetent player get a cookout on a competent opponent in Halo 1. I guarantee you that all of those Halo 1 players featured in that montage that I linked in my other post are higher on the Halo 1 competence hierarchy than me and you.

How isn't camo balanced in Halo 1? The camo duration in Halo 1 only last 45 seconds. In order to quick camo in Halo 1 with rockets or snipe you have to trade out your pistol for either a AR, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, or shotgun. It's risky to drop your pistol so that you can quick camo with rockets on maps with long lines of sight such as Hang 'Em High and Derelict. Quick camoing with rockets or snipe in Halo 1 is a high risk high reward. Choosing to not use or carry a weapon that enables you to quick camo (AR, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, and shotgun) when using camo in Halo 1 is also a high risk high reward.

It requires skill to be able to unpredictably maneuver around the map with camo in Halo 1. It also requires skill to know when it's the appropriate time to shoot with camo and give away information of your position on the map to your opponents. If you pick up camo and shoot your AR or pistol immediately afterwards you are most likely going to alert your opponents and give away the information to your opponents that you just obtained camo.

Getting cookouts on your opponents in Halo 1 is just a flashy way of predicting and outplaying your opponents when your opponents have control of camo. While the pistol and snipe are useful tools to counter camo players with in Halo 1 the AR, plasma rifle, shotgun, rockets, and grenades are also useful tools to counter camo players with. There are various ways in Halo 1 that you can predict and outplay your opponents when your opponents have control of camo. There are limited pathways that your opponents can take in Halo 1 after obtaining camo so being aware of what time camo is spawning at and being aware of where your opponents obtained camo at on the map will help you narrow down the pathways your opponents can take after obtaining camo. Being aware of when your opponent's camo duration is going to run out also helps. You can get information on the camo player's whereabouts in Halo 1 based on where the camo player spawns his teammate at.

If this is unironic as I think it is, given the tweet, big fucken' YIKES.

My post isn't ironic. I don't mind people scrutinizing the flaws of camo in Halo 1 however whining/complaining about Halo 1's camo and making excuses for your poor performance will only hinder you from improving at the game. It's easier to whine/complain about the flaws of camo in Halo 1 and make excuses for your own poor performance than it is to do some introspection and examine your own inadequacies because doing so requires some humility.  It would be unwise of me to whine and complain about the map inbalance of Derelict due to all of the power items spawning up top after immediately losing a 2v2 team slayer match on Derelict because it would only hinder me from improving at the game. Instead it would be more wise of me to do some introspection and examine my own inadequacies so I can improve at playing 2v2 team slayer on Derelict. It's important to analyze and distinguish your own inadequacies as a player from the game's inadequacies.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

You mean to tell me the invis in CE makes you invis? Probably behooves you to get it or deny your opponent the luxury of having it then doesn’t it? It comes up at a set intervals in one spot. If you don’t have camo it’s A.) because you made a tactical choice to obtain another item (rocks on chillout) or keep superior positioning (top control on prisoner) or B.) because you completely botched the spawn cycle and let you opponent get away with camo uncontested. This isn’t H3. The magnum isn’t a nerf gun. Obtaining and denying the power items is THEE meta of CE slayer and is what makes it so different and so much better than slayer in other Halos. With a pistol, sniper, nades, and rocks as powerful as they are in CE if the invis was like it is in later Halos it wouldn’t be worth going out of your way to get it. It has to be powerful to be worth contesting because everything is powerful in CE.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Considering that the benefits of the Camo power up disappear the moment you begin attacking, it should be very effective while you’re not attacking.

37 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Considering that the benefits of the Camo power up disappear the moment you begin attacking, it should be very effective while you’re not attacking.

H5 it is very effective but it’s srull somewhat seeable. There’s a reason a sleight blur was added to it. I understand you ce purist love it this way, but it’s still unbalanced as a whole. 

You do know that the camo player is actually a slightly off color to whatever is behind them right in CE right? It's harder to see far away, but load up prisoner have someone get camo and go stand in front of a wall.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

h5 camo is aids

Seriously, how can people defend that garbage but hate on CE camo?

15 hours ago, xxcloud7xx said:

mate while I agree, you posted a clip of OG when hes probably complaining about mcc lol. also mcc camo does seem better the farther away you are compared to OG. Not really complaining tho, as that's the point of camo

• Like (+1) 2