CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If the Demon Rune always spawned in the same spot at the same times, I think it could have been okay. The demons the game launched with were okay. It was the DLC demons (Caco, Harvester and Spectre) that were all OP af.

49 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

If the Demon Rune always spawned in the same spot at the same times, I think it could have been okay. The demons the game launched with were okay. It was the DLC demons (Caco, Harvester and Spectre) that were all OP af.

Tbh it just should be it’s own mode, more or less for social only. 

Flood Runes confirmed for Halo Infinite 

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Demon runes were the worst part about Doom lmao stop. Get that garbage as far away as possible. 

Enough moron. It just needs to be a separate game mode. 

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Flood Runes confirmed for Halo Infinite 

There’s not a single flood that could be a threat by itself. 

The Kinetic Mine was the worst part about Doom. Or the two weapon limit. Or the free armor perk. Or how the Combat Shotgun did too much damage for its ease of use. Or how much faster you move going forward than any other direction, making it harder than it should be to deal with kids that mindlessly rush you. Or how the Tesla Rocket did too much damage. Or how you couldn't kill yourself with the BFG. 

The launch demons weren't even that strong. The shitty part was how the Rune spawned in a random location, and you didn't get enough warning to contest it. If it was predictable, you'd see a lot of Revenants getting absolutely melted immediately due to their low health. The Mancubus can be waited out in TDM bc he moves so slow that the only viable way to play him is to camp a room, and the other two weren't viable choices against competent players. It didn't really get out of hand until Caco, Harvester and Spectre came out. Spectre completely ruined Soul Harvest, too.

I don't hate the idea of the Demon altogether. I just think it was poorly implemented, with some very poorly thought out DLC demons coming later on.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The Kinetic Mine was the worst part about Doom. Or the two weapon limit. Or the free armor perk. Or how the Combat Shotgun did too much damage for its ease of use. Or how much faster you move going forward than any other direction, making it harder than it should be to deal with kids that mindlessly rush you. Or how the Tesla Rocket did too much damage. Or how you couldn't kill yourself with the BFG. 

All good points. Especially annoying how the power weapons were just brainless garbage with a free wallhack on top.

The launch demons weren't even that strong. The shitty part was how the Rune spawned in a random location, and you didn't get enough warning to contest it. If it was predictable, you'd see a lot of Revenants getting absolutely melted immediately due to their low health. The Mancubus can be waited out in TDM bc he moves so slow that the only viable way to play him is to camp a room, and the other two weren't viable choices against competent players. It didn't really get out of hand until Caco, Harvester and Spectre came out. Spectre completely ruined Soul Harvest, too.

I don't hate the idea of the Demon altogether. I just think it was poorly implemented, with some very poorly thought out DLC demons coming later on. 

I agree that Spectre was crazy OP but I disagree that all the DLC Demons are broken. The Revenant is garbage, but IMO the Caco isn't too much of a threat as long as you can keep your distance and the Harvester also doesn't tank like the other demons. Mancubus can be crazy OP just due to the sheer health pool and the "obliterate everyting in a 5m radius" button is also insanely good against people trying to go for the glory kill. Once you learn how to arc the shots it can be deadly at mid-range as well. The Baron is also crazy good in objective games and it's fast, has decent health and destroys everything in CQC. A good Prowler get easily get 10 kills as well, but it sucks that they fucked him over in Soul Harvest because the waypoint is always active even when invisible (but the Spectre doesn't, that was really well thought out).

Like I said, these Demons were always supposed to be the kind of broken, stupid fun that one usually gets from killstreaks in CoD or calling in the first Titan in TF. If you try to balance them to be fair in the average TDM or Domination match they will cease to be cool and will somehow still be annoying to deal with. Instead flesh out Soul Harvest (the rune already doesn't spawn randomly) and remove them from everything else.

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't watched a halo jumping video in years, that was a good watch! watching them you think that must of took a 1000 times to hit that jump and fuck to that man.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/24/2019 at 2:00 AM, Ramirez77 said:

Demon Runes would be more or less fine if you weren't both an instakilling machine AND a behemoth that takes 9001 shots to kill.

Aside from arguably a few cases it takes no actual effort to go on a spree as demon.  There should be some risk to it.

Hmmm sounds like something strangely familiar....

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 3/24/2019 at 2:17 PM, Fixaimingsorry said:

There’s not a single flood that could be a threat by itself. 

I mean, if you wanna go canonical, a Gravemind would slap you around. And they can be mobile. If you wanna go smaller scale, you have Flood forms dubbed "Abominations" that are acrobatic as hell, and can tussle with a Brute, solo. I get the joke of the post, but Flood do exist that are threats on their own.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, if you wanna go canonical, a Gravemind would slap you around. And they can be mobile. If you wanna go smaller scale, you have Flood forms dubbed "Abominations" that are acrobatic as hell, and can tussle with a Brute, solo. I get the joke of the post, but Flood do exist that are threats on their own.

Gravemimds aren’t Mobile they use their tentacles to attack and have their flood army move them, abominations are only in story(HW2) and in gameplay wouldn’t be done right(as playable). 

Graveminds have to be mobile. How the hell does one get from high charity to the citadel in halo 3?

59 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Gravemimds aren’t Mobile they use their tentacles to attack and have their flood army move them, abominations are only in story(HW2) and in gameplay wouldn’t be done right(as playable). 

The point was that Flood on their own could theoretically tussle with individuals as individuals over a group. Meaning in Halo Eternal, I want Flood Runes.

31 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Graveminds have to be mobile. How the hell does one get from high charity to the citadel in halo 3?

I just told you fool. They have their flood armies move their body, or they gather enough bio mass(living or dead bodies) and then he transfers his consciousness to the new body.

37 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I just told you fool. They have their flood armies move their body, or they gather enough bio mass(living or dead bodies) and then he transfers his consciousness to the new body.

...yes. I'm agreeing with you, you good damn nincompoop.

25 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

...yes. I'm agreeing with you, you good damn nincompoop.

I know you were fool. It’s jist I had to make it clear how it happens. Just because you agree with me don’t mean I’m not gonna insult you. It’s me after all haha. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

37 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s me after all haha. 

"I'm insufferable lawlz!"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The point was that Flood on their own could theoretically tussle with individuals as individuals over a group. Meaning in Halo Eternal, I want Flood Runes.

Too bad I heard Halo Eternal is going to have classes because Doom 2016 did it and people seemed to like Doom

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Too bad I heard Halo Eternal is going to have classes because Doom 2016 did it and people seemed to like Doom

Please don't start this with her. lol

• Like (+1) 1