CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

10 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Literally every post you make could be construed as a joke. 

😭😭😭😭 feelsbadman 

10 hours ago, Basu said:

hey-guyslook-how-retardediam-hurhurrrrrr

You’re not intelligent basu don’t act like you are. “All glowy and shit” should of been what made it obvious honestly. Pulling out that meme is clear you lost this battle. 

The irony of morons calling other people morons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, you moron, lmao.

Pfft...I'm not the moron you're the moron you moron.

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You’re not intelligent basu don’t act like you are. “All glowy and shit” should of been what made it obvious honestly. Pulling out that meme is clear you lost this battle. 

ok

• Like (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Fuck all of you are morons X1000

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Too soon

3 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

What’s the original context of that post? I’ve read it so many times over the years but never knew where it came from.

22 hours ago, Riddler said:

Wasnt there a lot of drama when the devs made some guns less accurate on first shot? I googled and every thread is just like this forum complaining about how its bullshit the guns arent 100% accurate on first shot, and that it only benefits the less skilled player and its not fun. (tho didnt find the drama thread).  

There is always drama when new generations realize first shot accuracy isn't 100% on any of the weapons in CS or that there is deviation within the spray patterns. Counter-Strike has always been like that, first bullet accuracy is relatively comparable between the games and infact 1.6 has multiple spray patterns for each weapon so in theory it was more random. What makes the older game feel more consistent was much more to do with the following:

• Slower max movement speed.
  • Better feeling of feedback in the old school arcade graphics e.g. bulky blocky bullet impacts (not 100% reliable).
  • Bigger hitboxes.
  • More player slowdown when tagging .
  • More consistent tagging because of increased wall penetration.
  • Bugs and tricks e.g. switch or reloading weapons made the first shot more accurate. running holding both forward and either left or right made the deagle accurate moving etc.

If any of the shit people said in forums was true the game wouldn't be alive today as it has always and will always be like that. I would actually argue from the eye test that GO is much more of a duelers game where you see a lot more first bullet headshots than 1.6. Of course you COULD remove all of the random elements from the game but you would be losing the identity of game, would have to alter a lot of things to maintain balance and really what would you be gaining? This is my problem with 'competitive integrity' as a box ticking exercise. IMO the randomness in CS doesn't present itself negitively, the individual skill gap in CS is still enormous and the balance is logical to the point that they accept it at face value until they're physically presented with the fact that it is random.

The game fundamentally is about managing, mitigating and gambling with constantly changing variables: you hedge your bets with economic resources, you gamble with inequal bomb site resources (utility + man power), the timings and positioning are readable but essentially random and the mechanical choices you make are mitigating randomness. Part of the allure is that on the surface structurally you're playing the same game but every round plays out differently and there is always something to be revisited - it is poker with an individual skill component.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 3/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mr Grim said:

You know, I just realized that whenever I'm playing default reach (which is almost always invasion btw due to population reasons), I really lean hard into the autos and abuse certain AAs a lot. Like, maybe I Dont hate bloom that much because I'm not using the guns ruined the most by it all the time. I'm using guns that are already innacurate like the AR. I use the pistol too but not like a utility really.

Basically I'm saying I like reach because I play that game like a total asshole lol.

God fucking Bless You

• Downvote (-1) 1

i have nothing fun to say but i h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ 

It better have unlimited forge budget no excuse 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Btw thanks for mentioning CSGO, reminded me to finally sell all my skins as I don't even play the game anymore lol. Getting the steam wallet ready for DOOM Eternal and MCC PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Vyrst said:

God fucking Bless You

God isn't real.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This thread tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

God isn't real.

8 hours ago, Basu said:

Btw thanks for mentioning CSGO, reminded me to finally sell all my skins as I don't even play the game anymore lol. Getting the steam wallet ready for DOOM Eternal and MCC PC.

No problem. Let’s hope doom eternals mp is good

Demon Runes would be more or less fine if you weren't both an instakilling machine AND a behemoth that takes 9001 shots to kill.

Aside from arguably a few cases it takes no actual effort to go on a spree as demon.  There should be some risk to it.

3 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Demon Runes would be more or less fine if you weren't both an instakilling machine AND a behemoth that takes 9001 shots to kill.

Aside from arguably a few cases it takes no actual effort to go on a spree as demon.  There should be some risk to it.

Or maybe it should just be a separate game mode? 

Not sure if anyone shared this or not, but the ElDewrito team is working with 343 and helping out with the Halo Insider flights. 

Also, Reach on PC apparently will not launch with forge, theatre or “official” mod support at launch, but is planned “down the road.”

9 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Let's make a compromise for how Demon Runes can be put into Eternal.

I think making them "work" or balanced would defeat the purpose of them existing. Add more demon variants, balance the demons better and keep them in their own gammode. They kinda already did this with Soul Harvest. 

For those who don't know it: it's kill comfirmed but every kill the demon gets drops two souls, killing the demon grants 4. The first person to die drops the demon rune and there's no timer on the demon. Very fun an unique experience. 

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Not sure if anyone shared this or not, but the ElDewrito team is working with 343 and helping out with the Halo Insider flights. 

Also, Reach on PC apparently will not launch with forge, theatre or “official” mod support at launch, but is planned “down the road.”

Theater I think is fine, but forge. Holy shit forge was like theee shit on halo reach. I deep down just want to know when reach Xbox comes out.