CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

56 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

You know, I just realized that whenever I'm playing default reach (which is almost always invasion btw due to population reasons), I really lean hard into the autos and abuse certain AAs a lot. Like, maybe I Dont hate bloom that much because I'm not using the guns ruined the most by it all the time. I'm using guns that are already innacurate like the AR. I use the pistol too but not like a utility really.

Basically I'm saying I like reach because I play that game like a total asshole lol.

Sad!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'm a gay little illiterate *** wad.

Ftfy

Oh wtf? We censor ***? Well what an I supposed to do now? Not call people a ***? That's so stupid. I'd like to meet the *** who came up with that ****** rule.

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Any form of bloom on a gun that isn't a high RPM auto is stupid as fuck and should not exist. Running and jumping punishments have always seemed backwards to me as well.

Implementation is everything. I love me some straight shooting arena shooters as much as the next nerd but Counter-Strike is a list of everything an arena shooter purist would put on their naughty list and yet it plays beautifully.

That is not to say the bloom has ever been implemented in Halo properly (because it hasn't) nor that it ever should be (because it proably shouldn't), just that personal preference should guage the viability of something never rule it out completely. There will always be a Counter-Example that goes so far in the other direction that it creates it's own masterpiece.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Ftfy

Oh wtf? We censor ***? Well what an I supposed to do now? Not call people a ***? That's so stupid. I'd like to meet the *** who came up with that ****** rule.

Censorship rooooooocks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

53 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Censorship rooooooocks.

You know how words are. First you think they're all nice but then they up and steal your lunch money or be mean to you. Gotta make sure that don't happen!

I'm still catching up on SXSW (then I'll catch up on this thread) but i just wanted to say that production/casters have really seemed to have hit their stride. i liked the TRIO, the goldenboy disses, and the chemistry and banter in general. but i loved the content. player highlights and interviews, and especially the snipedown vs lethul bit. bravo's breakup interview had me dying and the matches they played were just a ton of fun. much props to all involved. more please.

EDIT: i posted this in the wrong place :fire:

11 hours ago, careh said:

Implementation is everything. I love me some straight shooting arena shooters as much as the next nerd but Counter-Strike is a list of everything an arena shooter purist would put on their naughty list and yet it plays beautifully.

That is not to say the bloom has ever been implemented in Halo properly (because it hasn't) nor that it ever should be (because it proably shouldn't), just that personal preference should guage the viability of something never rule it out completely. There will always be a Counter-Example that goes so far in the other direction that it creates it's own masterpiece.

Yeah I can agree that CSGO pulls it off very well, it's just my personal preference I guess. And even in the case of CSGO I'd say the big part of the skill gap comes from controlling recoil and twitch aiming for the head, not from standing still to avoid RNG. Of course sniper rifles can't be deadly accurate while unscoped or running and jumping for balance's sake, but IMO it's a bit stupid to artificially and randomly limit the AK47's killing potential via random bullet deviation. The fact most weapons don't have zoom and the damage drop-off already do a wonderful job at that. It doesn't make a difference in 99.5% of engagements, but it just strikes me as odd to have RNG in the world's biggest eSport FPS.

Games like Shadowrun, Overwatch and Titanfall would definitely play better without bloom though and Battlefield memed itself into a corner during the BF3/4/1 era with all the RNG on their "precision" weapons even when ADSing and standing still. Apparently this changed in BFV? Haven't played it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

I think he just melee’d the rocket lmao. What a legend. 

After a quick Youtube search I just realized this is an actual thing. Crazy. :walshy:

5 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Bruh moment

Clearly you didn’t see he had overshield numbnuts. Did you not see his armor all Glowy and shit.

• Thonking (+0) 1

19 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I relay that practice to every developer I speak to about Halo. I've got a reputation at work for being the "Halo CE is the only good game ever" guy. Came in one day and someone left this on my desk.

8MPbURN.jpg

My soul hurts just reading this.

Lol I can only assume most disageee or laugh when you talk about it. Also is that the Logitech g203?

14 hours ago, careh said:

Tbh 85% bloom was implemented quite well. Had a lot of fun playing TU.

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Clearly you didn’t see he had overshield numbnuts. Did you not see his armor all Glowy and shit.

Dude are you really that dumb or are you just trolling? He switched to the other dudes POV and he just regained his half shields to full before turning that corner. How on earth was he supposed to have OS?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Basu said:

Dude are you really that dumb or are you just trolling? He switched to the other dudes POV and he just regained his half shields to full before turning that corner. How on earth was he supposed to have OS?

I was making a joke, you’re fucking stupid to not realize that haha fucking moron😂😂

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I was making a joke, you’re fucking stupid to not realize that haha fucking moron😂😂

Literally every post you make could be construed as a joke. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 1

17 hours ago, careh said:

Wasnt there a lot of drama when the devs made some guns less accurate on first shot? I googled and every thread is just like this forum complaining about how its bullshit the guns arent 100% accurate on first shot, and that it only benefits the less skilled player and its not fun. (tho didnt find the drama thread).  

43 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Wasnt there a lot of drama when the devs made some guns less accurate on first shot? I googled and every thread is just like this forum complaining about how its bullshit the guns arent 100% accurate on first shot, and that it only benefits the less skilled player and its not fun. (tho didnt find the drama thread).  

You are correct. CSGO has had a pretty riddled history of compromising the predictability and precision that 1.6 had for many many years. Unless I'm mistaken, even to this day CSGO doesn't have perfectly predictable spray patterns. 

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lol I can only assume most disageee or laugh when you talk about it. Also is that the Logitech g203?

They do - but apart from FromSoft, AAA developers also haven't produced a quality game in over a decade. So, they can laugh all the way to the bank when their bloom sprinty games hold no population after 3 months because they're as deep as a puddle. Big reason why I'm not trying to work on any more MP games in the future unless it's my own. I seriously have no patience to have the same conversations now as I was 12 years later about shitty mechanics. Trying to relocate to Santa Monica to work on the next God of War because SP games aren't going to drive me insane.

And yes it is the G203 I believe, it's just the standard setup here.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

You are correct. CSGO has had a pretty riddled history of compromising the predictability and precision that 1.6 had for many many years. Unless I'm mistaken, even to this day CSGO doesn't have perfectly predictable spray patterns. 

They do - but apart from FromSoft, AAA developers also haven't produced a quality game in over a decade. So, they can laugh all the way to the bank when their bloom sprinty games hold no population after 3 months because they're as deep as a puddle. Big reason why I'm not trying to work on any more MP games in the future unless it's my own. I seriously have no patience to have the same conversations now as I was 12 years later about shitty mechanics. Trying to relocate to Santa Monica to work on the next God of War because SP games aren't going to drive me insane.

And yes it is the G203 I believe, it's just the standard setup here.

Hmm next god of war huh? Have you made rpg games before?(that’s basically what that is now but still has its hack n slash varieties). And what exactly would you do for a shooter if you were in charge?