CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

anyone else broke af and cant afford a gaming rig

I needed a gaming rig because the specs would help me with music production. Business investment, hell yeah

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Y'all nuts thinking that bloom isn't garbage bananas when zooming does nothing to fix it. Vanilla reach had the hipfire penalty like Cod but no ads. 

Default 4 > Default Reach

I see where you coming from about the bloom but I would personally take it over jet packs, P vision, OP back pocket boltshot, 5 shot BR and ordnance drops :wutface:

• Like (+1) 3

The fact we refer to Halo 4 as “The 4” goes to show how garbage that game was. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Sitri said:

I don't necessarily want to wait, but it makes sense from a population concern. Who is going to want to play the other 4 games when Halo 3 is right there?

I don't understand the difference in your analogy.

If I'm a PC guy who wants to play Halo 3: 

• and MCC released all the games at once, why would I ever play any of the other Halos if Halo 3 is fun for me and the only one I wanted to play? 
  • and MCC releases the games as they are finished, I now have two options
    • Wait for Halo 3 to be released and buy it then (I would actually get to play Halo 3 faster this way btw)
    • Start to build my Halo hype by trying Reach/CE/2 and if I enjoy one of those while I wait for H3, now I have multiple games to play once it's released.
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

I don't understand the difference in your analogy.

If I'm a PC guy who wants to play Halo 3: 

• and MCC released all the games at once, why would I ever play any of the other Halos if Halo 3 is fun for me and the only one I wanted to play? 
  • and MCC releases the games as they are finished, I now have two options
    • Wait for Halo 3 to be released and buy it then (I would actually get to play Halo 3 faster this way btw)
    • Start to build my Halo hype by trying Reach/CE/2 and if I enjoy one of those while I wait for H3, now I have multiple games to play once it's released.

I think you misunderstood. I understand why each individual game is being released piecemeal. What's dumb is that they're splitting those games up further by holding back features like forge or mod tools.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I think you misunderstood. I understand why each individual game is being released piecemeal. What's dumb is that they're splitting those games up further by holding back features like forge or mod tools.

That makes more sense. The original comment made it sound like why would 343 release Halo 3 separately from Halo 4. I know with Forge it has to do partially with different controls and coding it to work with PC - I only remember them commenting that Reach Forge would be delayed on PC, I'm not sure if they mentioned Halo 3's Forge but I could be wrong. 

In terms of the reach vs 4 debate. Bloom is a terrible mechanic and much worse than anything in halo 4 BUT the fucking ordnance drop and perks in 4 made it not even feel like I was playing halo but some shitty cod rip off. At least with reach I still felt like I was playing halo on base settings 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

I hate bloom so I'll take anything over that. 

Like... I REALLY HATE BLOOM.

Shadowrun

3 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Shadowrun

In that game it made sense.

You have to crouch shoot and actually position with the rifle. You also have tele-rushes with SMG's or NinjaTroll strats. Not everyone was running the same gun but in Reach it was all over the place. I was penalized for having good aim and that blew chunks. 

You also had a pistol that was worth a damn if you needed it in close range. SR handled bloom very well and Reach didn't. IMO of course.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

The fact we refer to Halo 4 as “The 4” goes to show how garbage that game was. 

I relay that practice to every developer I speak to about Halo. I've got a reputation at work for being the "Halo CE is the only good game ever" guy. Came in one day and someone left this on my desk.

8MPbURN.jpg

7 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Bloom > random ordnance drops

My soul hurts just reading this.

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

SR handled bloom very well and Reach didn't. IMO of course.

Dont say "IMO" because it's not an opinion that shadowrun implemented crosshair bloom better than reach, it is a non-disputable fact. 

The one shitty thing about SR's bloom was that it expanded anytime you moved your right stick, even if you were sitting idle. The devs did this to try and balance PC and console crossplay. 

Still not debatable that SR bloom > Reach bloom. 

27 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Shadowrun

I was so bad at this game but loved it so much.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Shadowrun

I was so bad at this game but loved it so much.

Edit Cannot I not delete this? Oops

For all the faults 4 has, at least I can shoot my gun as fast as the game allows without a accuracy penalty that  makes zero sense from a good gameplay, good feedback, or lore perspective 

42 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

In that game it made sense.

You have to crouch shoot and actually position with the rifle. You also have tele-rushes with SMG's or NinjaTroll strats. Not everyone was running the same gun but in Reach it was all over the place. I was penalized for having good aim and that blew chunks. 

You also had a pistol that was worth a damn if you needed it in close range. SR handled bloom very well and Reach didn't. IMO of course.

So you don't hate bloom then. You hate bad implementations of it.

6 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

So you don't hate bloom then. You hate bad implementations of it.

Well yeah, but in the context of discussing Halo he hates bloom. I don't necessarily hate sprint in a game but I hate it in Halo.

• Like (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, Silos said:

Well yeah, but in the context of discussing Halo he hates bloom. I don't necessarily hate sprint in a game but I hate it in Halo.

You just explained exactly what I meant to me. :wutface:

18 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

You just explained exactly what I meant to me. :wutface:

My point is, there was no need to add on to what he said based on context. Everybody understood that he was talking about Halo specifically, yet you came in and said "So you don't hate bloom".

I don't get why you explained his position back to him.

Edit: Also we're discussing the semantics of English on a Halo forum. Man I would kill for something cool to talk about right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Any form of bloom on a gun that isn't a high RPM auto is stupid as fuck and should not exist. Running and jumping punishments have always seemed backwards to me as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know, I just realized that whenever I'm playing default reach (which is almost always invasion btw due to population reasons), I really lean hard into the autos and abuse certain AAs a lot. Like, maybe I Dont hate bloom that much because I'm not using the guns ruined the most by it all the time. I'm using guns that are already innacurate like the AR. I use the pistol too but not like a utility really.

Basically I'm saying I like reach because I play that game like a total asshole lol.

• Like (+1) 1