CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

yeah thats a no from me bob. h4 is fucking terrible but halo reach with bloom is pure torture. i would have more fun walking across a garbage site barefoot. 

• Like (+1) 2

Reminder: Princess and Beast value consistency over tradition. Straight firing guns that register well are more important to them than anything.

6 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Reminder: Princess and Beast value consistency over tradition. Straight firing guns that register well are more important to them than anything.

I'm aware of this. They aren't wrong.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

I'm aware of this. They aren't wrong.

Very good. But other folks may need the reminder

Default Reach was rough as hell, but I could at least have fun playing with friends, which I did. Halo 4 was the first Halo game that flat out made me quit Halo. I couldn't have fun in H4 no matter the settings. Not to mention the ear rape.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Basu said:

I get that they want to get things right and not have an MCC launch 2 experience but Jesus Christ, no release date, staggered releases starting with fucking Halo Reach (possibly vanilla Reach aka the worst iteration of Halo ever) and they're already cutting corners left and right. Just delay the whole thing a year and get it close to done before announcing anything and building the hype train. 

I can understand the staggered release for each title. What gets me is they're doing these pre-launch tests to "get it right", but can't just delay the entire game to make sure all of the content is there day 1.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Full bloom Reach is the worst fps experience I've ever had in my entire life. 

You've obviously not played many fps games then. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sitri said:

I can understand the staggered release for each title. What gets me is they're doing these pre-launch tests to "get it right", but can't just delay the entire game to make sure all of the content is there day 1.

Why would you want to wait lmao. I don't get it. Releasing it as they finish let's you at least play something. And if the game you want comes out earlier then you can play well before the final release date would've happened. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gold said:

You've obviously not played many fps games then. 

I mean why would I play other games than I probably knew would be literal ass. Even still I've played a fair share of games. Having full fucking bloom along with armor lock and jetpack is about as bad as it gets. 

11 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Default Reach was rough as hell, but I could at least have fun playing with friends, which I did. Halo 4 was the first Halo game that flat out made me quit Halo. I couldn't have fun in H4 no matter the settings. Not to mention the ear rape.

Samesies.

H4 sits within a very small group of games that have split communities with how terrible they were and deserves all the hate it gets.

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I mean why would I play other games than I probably knew would be literal ass. Even still I've played a fair share of games. Having full fucking bloom along with armor lock and jetpack is about as bad as it gets. 

Well, it's not even the worst fps experience in Halo nevermind fps games as a whole. 

I've had much more fun in vanilla Reach. Running a 4-man with everyone using Armor Lock is actually hilarious (especially when you're coordinated). H4 is just empty. It's such a hollow experience. Obviously both are horribly designed, it's just with vanilla Reach you can have some brain-dead fun with it.

Edit: For the love of God make TU standard in MCC Reach. Now that the opportunity has presented itself they might as well. No valid reason not to.

5 minutes ago, Gold said:

Well, it's not even the worst fps experience in Halo nevermind fps games as a whole. 

It is tho 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

It is tho 

nah dude

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I can sympathize with that view but it’s an opinion I don’t share. I mean how much tradition can you really do away with before it isn’t really the same game anymore? If you value guns that shoot straight and register well there are other FPS on the market but if you value Halo playing like traditional Halo then you only have Halo and things like sprint and thruster pose a problem to that even if every single shot you fire registers. Let’s put it this way, in MCC they completely botched the shooting mechanics of the utility weapon in CE so that it’s so inconsistent it might as well be completely random but I still have a blast playing it. However, if they added sprint and thruster to CE in MCC I’d never touch that trash. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

If you value guns that shoot straight and register well there are other FPS on the market but if you value Halo playing like traditional Halo then you only have Halo and things like sprint and thruster pose a problem to that even if every single shot you fire registers.

What? What does sprint and thruster have anything to do with how a gun functions? Sprint and thruster are bad mechanics because they're bad mechanics. But weapons with bloom and projectile registration on peer-to-peer hosted games has nothing to do with that. Furthermore, what does any of what you said have to do with the "tradition" of Halo and that if they want guns that shoot straight and register well, that "there are other FPS on the market"?

• Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

What? What does sprint and thruster have anything to do with how a gun functions? Sprint and thruster are bad mechanics because they're bad mechanics. But weapons with bloom and projectile registration on peer-to-peer hosted games has nothing to do with that. Furthermore, what does any of what you said have to do with the "tradition" of Halo and that if they want guns that shoot straight and register well, that "there are other FPS on the market"?

I think you’re confused about what I’m trying to say. I know that sprint and thrust have nothing to do with how a gun functions. I was comparing two things that suck (spartan abilities and inconsistent guns) and arguing that one is worse for people who enjoy “traditional” Halo a.k.a no sprint or abilities Halo. If what you want is a competitive shooter with consistent weapons you can get it in another shooter but if what you want is a game that plays like traditional Halo you can’t get it anywhere but in Halo. 

• Like (+1) 3

Obviously this is a dumb argument to have though because it would be great if Infinite came out and had no sprint or abilities and also had a consistent utility.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Took the next words out of my mouth lol but I will say that it's kind of hard to pick which one is worse because we've already had both and neither of which make the game any fun to play. Tradition or non-tradition. No sprint Halo Reach with Bloom would still be complete crap. We're already aware of how ass Halo 5 is with Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, endless sprint and more -- I just feel like Halo is not standing the test of time with the direction it went since Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Took the next words out of my mouth lol but I will say that it's kind of hard to pick which one is worse because we've already had both and neither of which make the game any fun to play. Tradition or non-tradition. No sprint Halo Reach with Bloom would still be complete crap. We're already aware of how ass Halo 5 is with Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, endless sprint and more -- I just feel like Halo is not standing the test of time with the direction it went since Reach.

I mean obviously its been a downward trend since Reach. It sold A LOT off of the hype of the games before it and it did hold onto its own dedicated fan base but everything has been slipping since then. By slipping I mean rocketing off the edge of a cliff into a seemingly bottomless hole of how poorly things can go post Reach

• Like (+1) 2

The thing is though, and I know this sounds like a pipe dream almost at this point but if you really think about it.. This PC launch of MCC actually means more for the state of Halo than the possibility of Infinite being a good game. If 343 somehow manages to captures a small portion of PC fans for a long period of time.. Which is going to take a lot like a proper ranking/matchmaking system, Forge, Theater, mod support, a working custom browser, etc... Infinite could potentially bring Halo to the forefront again following that hype because we will have gained Halo fans from an entirely different platform into the community. 

It's just hard to even keep hopes up at this point though knowing 343's track record of things.

• Like (+1) 3

I'll still take inexplicably low starting points with an upward trajectory than the Bungie alternative; a deliberate nosedive in gameplay quality.

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why would you want to wait lmao. I don't get it. Releasing it as they finish let's you at least play something. And if the game you want comes out earlier then you can play well before the final release date would've happened. 

I don't necessarily want to wait, but it makes sense from a population concern. Who is going to want to play the other 4 games when Halo 3 is right there?

Y'all nuts thinking that bloom isn't garbage bananas when zooming does nothing to fix it. Vanilla reach had the hipfire penalty like Cod but no ads. 

Default 4 > Default Reach

• Like (+1) 2