One post later...

*Praises Reach v7*

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

44 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

*Doesn't play Halo 1. Complains about variety*

One post later...

*Praises Reach v7*

ThFs the mlg gametype that restricted weapons, an easy update could of been made to allow more.

13 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s bad in a way. I personally could give two shits I want to spawn with a weapon so great I don’t have a need for anything else. But in all seriousness yes it does lack gameplay variety, where only power weapons are being used. You only picked up that plasma rifle in order to melt the guy with OS , h5 has the most variety in gameplay and that’s a fact. It’s just a lot of people didn’t like the sandbox because too many non skilled weapons were too powerful, the other precision weapons were way better etc etc. niche weapons are nice but not really if I want to be honest.. see plasma pistol is a great niche weapon for what it does,but it’s one of the most hated and loved things of halo. I look at h5s original sandbox and think a simple fix would of been damage nerf to autos, An aim assist nerf towards the other precision weapons, and make the pistol 4sk. I think most of us agree with the fact this current sandbox is trash. 

Gameplay variety is much different than just what weapon you have in your hands. Gameplay variety refers to how many different viable strategies can be employed by players. The CE pistol grants the greatest flexibility to an individual player, which in turn leads to more gameplay variety. Just because Halo 5 has a lot of different weapons used doesn't mean it actually has greater gameplay variety. The actual strategies employed are largely the same due to a lot of factors, weapons being one of them.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

Gameplay variety is much different than just what weapon you have in your hands. Gameplay variety refers to how many different viable strategies can be employed by players. The CE pistol grants the greatest flexibility to an individual player, which in turn leads to more gameplay variety. Just because Halo 5 has a lot of different weapons used doesn't mean it actually has greater gameplay variety. The actual strategies employed are largely the same due to a lot of factors, weapons being one of them.   

Now that’s a completely different subject. Gameplay variety can be a mix of anything 

Reach is getting it's original customization in MCC - FPS may be uncapped and FOV sliders on PC but will vary by title.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Reach is getting it's original customization in MCC - FPS may be uncapped and FOV sliders on PC but will vary by title.

What does that mean? Like certain FOV? 

18 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

What does that mean? Like certain FOV? 

Yes, support for FOV-sliders is the plan. We will adjust what level of FOV is supported on a title by title basis. As an example, if adjusting the FOV causes significant player/weapon model distortion, we may need to put limits in.

Uncapped framerate is the plan, but the specific level of support will vary by title.

This was the quote on their current AMA on r/gaming

They also confirmed they're working on a new progression system and that MCC PC won't require XBL Gold. Great news.

• Like (+1) 1

Little disappointed a worried the ama didn't answer any questions about the title update or bloom

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JordanB said:

Reach is getting it's original customization in MCC

Just wish they'd do it for Halo 3 and 4, lol. Dunno why this wasn't a thing they went for in the first place if they make a big deal of it here. 

• Like (+1) 2

All of the things missing on MCC are just what happens when people who don't really understand the games try to remake them. They'll release with obvious bugs that aren't obvious if you never played (and some that are just painful) and skip over little details elsewhere. Its the same reason the UI went backwards after Reach. They could've just cut the new UI development completely out of the picture for every game post Reach and just copied Reach and done a far better job with less work than designing something new. Its a little wild

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

All of the things missing on MCC are just what happens when people who don't really understand the games try to remake them. 

Or they just rushed the port job, given MCC's dev history.

7 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Just wish they'd do it for Halo 3 and 4, lol. Dunno why this wasn't a thing they went for in the first place if they make a big deal of it here. 

"The current development roadmap for launch doesn't include re-doing how Halo 3 customziation works within MCC but we know this is something fans have been asking for and we will continue to evaluate options for the future."

It's possible, in fact likely we do get it eventually. They'll probably release it for Reach, make sure there are no bugs, see everyone chanting we want it for H3 and H4 and go from there.

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

"The current development roadmap for launch doesn't include re-doing how Halo 3 customziation works within MCC but we know this is something fans have been asking for and we will continue to evaluate options for the future."

It's possible, in fact likely we do get it eventually. They'll probably release it for Reach, make sure there are no bugs, see everyone chanting we want it for H3 and H4 and go from there.

I know, I just wish they did it from the get-go as it was, over just randomly omitting it. There shouldn't have to be clamoring and hype to get a past pretty major feature in game. 

ALTHOUGH, on an unrelated note, come to think of it, MCC on PC will now basically eradicate the need for a file share, given Steam's store hub can operate like one. If we can put forge maps and shit on the workshop, unf. It'd be a superb implementation of a past feature with present software.

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I know, I just wish they did it from the get-go as it was, over just randomly omitting it. There shouldn't have to be clamoring and hype to get a past pretty major feature in game. 

On the bright side, if they did originally include it, it probably wouldn't have worked right anyway lol

1 minute ago, BrutallyDigital said:

Anyone having a hard time finding matches in ranked?

N o b o d y   p l a y s   t h i s   g a m e   a n y m o r e. So, yes.

• Like (+1) 1

Based on what I've seen, I think the matchmaking decision makers are well aware of the desire for TU settings. If I had to guess, all core modes would be TU, and things like Snipers, Infection, SWAT, and Invasion would be consistent with OG and remain Vanilla. That would make the most sense to me, and that seems to be what's being pushed for among those with influence. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but hopefully I can unclench a few buttcheeks.

Post from /r/Games detailing the AMA on MCC:

• Mix and Match Armor, linked to new progression system, no MTX (Reach seems to be the only one that supports mix match armor right now)

• Uncapped FPS for each game is the plan

• Game release date is dependent on how well the flights go

• No 24/7 custom dedicated servers for the custom browser, this is an area of discussion though!

• No Mod support at launch, working with the modding community, i01 team and the ED team to explore "official" modding options

• Anti-cheat is a big focus for launch

• Until all games are out it will be a buy one by one situation (no season pass model either)

• Will support Windows 7 and 10, Windows 8 support is being looked at (Wonder if this means it can run on Photon?)

• No ETA on the first flight, currently building the first audience for the flight and dev team is working on the UI/controls

• Forge and Theater will NOT be out at launch, are both getting extra work for PC (should be around Halo 3/H4 release / potential rework of Forge?)

• ODST Firefight is still being evaluated

• More anti-cheat news will be talked about later

• FoV and FPS limits will be a title by title basis

• MCC progression will carry over from console version, no 360 progress will

• MCC saves will NOT carry over between console and PC

• Achievements, Forged Maps, Game Variants and stats will be sync’d

• 343 is currently testing 144hz+ frame rates, ordered 240hz monitor to test with.

• Wants to support a wide variety of hardware, spec details coming soon. Min specs to be determined via flighting

• Steam/WinStore users can play together

• Xbox crossplay is top of mind and actively being investigated right now

• They are looking at what can be supported in regards to splitscreen/local co-op for PC users

• They are looking into getting mix and match armor sets in for Halo 3

• No info on pricing yet, focus is on getting the flight out as soon as possible

• Centered Crosshairs are being investigated

• They will talk about how terminal videos will work later

• Still exploring options regarding play anywhere and letting Xbox owners who have a copy also enjoy it on PC

• Aspect ratios that are supported are 21:9, 16:9, 16:10, 3:2 and 4:3

• Reach will use the same dedicated servers for Match Making as the rest of MCC

• No current plans to bring Halo 5 over

• They want to get this package out to PC gamers asap but only once it's ready

• No info on playlist, will be looking at community feedback on settings for things like bloom and Armor Lock (Vanilla, TU, CEA)

• Halo Custom Edition Content is on their list and is being actively explored (they had map importing working to some extent last year)

• They want to get this right so they don't upset consumers

How can they possibly only be mildly discussing mod support at this point? That's practically the only reason this project could even be worth the investment. 

• Like (+1) 2

Why do i get the feeling we wont be getting h3 until early 2020

all these things sound nice but i swear i remember them saying at the end of 2017-beginning of 2018 we’d be getting a custom browser for this game and stuff. On pc no forge for reach is gonna kill customs fast. Actually no forge for any game is gonna kill em.

everyone on my timeline wants to play reach and h3 on pc but one of them is missing its best feature at launch and the other one is gonna take months to come out. Kinda diminished my hype. I sould prefer they delay it until they’re all done at once to keep up the hype. This is the best chance they have to revive halo and make a good first impression for pc and so far it seems like it will be kind of meh now

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Post from /r/Games detailing the AMA on MCC:

How can they possibly only be mildly discussing mod support at this point? That's practically the only reason this project could even be worth the investment. 

Because proper modding support could be a lot of work if your game isn't built with it in mind.

32 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Because proper modding support could be a lot of work if your game isn't built with it in mind.

This should be first priority. Hardly anyone plays MCC now, hardly anyone will play it on PC once the novelty wears off unless it has something Halo has never had, which is official mod support. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This should be first priority. Hardly anyone plays MCC now, hardly anyone will play it on PC once the novelty wears off unless it has something Halo has never had, which is official mod support. 

I mean I strongly doubt that is true. Just from talking to PC players who don't own consoles they are all extremely excited for the game. I really doubt the game is going to just die off because it doesn't have mod support. 

The best thing about MCC coming to PC and most likely halo infinite, is I never have to play or buy xbox again.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1