CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, Ramirez77 said:

You first.

"You idiots know nothing of good game design."  Having hundreds of barely different weapons littering the map that offer no conscious strategic advantages over another and that just lead to battles being determined by their ultra nuanced differences is not "good game design".

Quake only has nine weapons yet has far more actual variety in gunplay than CoD which in effect really only has like three weapons...sniper, automatic, shotgun.

The entire point of the reskin idea is to put identical weapons in loadouts and leave the map weapons for actually, meaningfully unique ones.  Obviously weapons need to be different to justify being pickups, but the thing is no one is saying the reskin should be pickups.

Oh I know you don’t mean pick ups. You’re talking about basically are spawning weapon to look like what one desires(pistol, br, dmr etc). But is discussing something you know won’t happen (simply because of the sandbox variety that we’ve had since h2) ienjoyable? 

Quake also is one of the most unplayed games in a decade so it’s hardly worth mentioning. It’s a game only it’s Die hard fans play, although I guess being a halo player I don’t have too much room to talk. (Although haven’t been playing much of it lately) J

the difference in the pick ups doesn’t have to always be so drastic like you’d like. There’s also some weapons with differences which hold some meaning. 

Im someone that would consider a game with popularity a good game. By popular I mean a game people stick with, not simply stop playing after a week. “Just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it’s good” id disagree with that because it’s usually someone who belongs in the minority group, makes me think of someone who likes anime but says DBZ or Naruto is bad when majority will say he’s wrong. 

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

I mention h2s sandbox variety regardless of how trash it is outside a few weapons because it lines up what’s expected from halo. One of the things that people like about halo are the constant picking up of other weapons. They hate to see it become a one gun game, so this is why I have no problems with a gun upgrade that could easily be simple as a range or aim assist buff. One thing I agree here most of all is a strong utility weapon. If halo 5 gave us a magnum with a 4sk I truly believe the old sandbox wouldn’t of been so bad. I remember playing Smartans pro settings and the ability to dominate because of the power I always possessed was the best.

1 hour ago, NeverGoFullCanc said:

Membr when Boyo wanted a spartan shrinking armor ability? Good timesz1JByV6.jpg

Or chin controlled rockets with the d-pad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Just now, The Tyco said:

Or chin controlled rockets with the d-pad.

Chin controlled rockets? D pad? It’s stuff like that I truly hope is just a troll idea, and not taking it seriously.

I remember h4 almost had teleporting and an AA disruptor.

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Chin controlled rockets? D pad? It’s stuff like that I truly hope is just a troll idea, and not taking it seriously.

Oh, I'm not really sure if he was trolling or not, but by God that conversation back then was gold.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

Oh yeah that leaked ability. 

I really want to believe that whole popularity = quality thing is trolling.

And were just arguing in circles.  The differences AREN'T meaningful, hence why I want the guns removed.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Latter would've been god-tier. A complete counter to fruity stuff like jetpack and PV. Free counter to free info/movement. Glad teleportation just "became" thrusters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’ve tried debating in the past by agreeing with some of the stupid and obvious shit that never ever will go into halo. It be nice if the people here would be “realistic”. Come on we have idiots wanting no footstep sounds, idiots believing weapon skins(that are mods) should happen but knowing it won’t happen. How about talk about something that isn’t stupid.

Your username is literally "fixaiming" and you're talking down to us about requests that 343 will never consider.

As for your diss on Hard Way, that was dumb because the guy has put in tons of hours on every Halo game and still does. Compared to me who actually barely plays the other games lol. There are people FAR more elitist than him, people who like meme on the series as if there is no other Halo game. 

And your comment to Benson is exactly why people find you annoying to talk to, he brings up something that yes isn't talked about much but it's definitely relevant. Maybe you're not consciously thinking about enemy stances but your brain picks up on it, trust me. And all you can say is he's a fucking weirdo. Just stop. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

And were just arguing in circles.  The differences AREN'T meaningful, hence why I want the guns removed.

Differences don't have to be meaningful in the sense that they would be with a weapon from a different catagory. Variety over the entire sandbox is positive but redundancy within a certain catagory is a massively overrated issue that comes purely from a competitive standpoint. The proliferation of BR games shows that any kind of confusion or difficulty reading the game doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment or popularity, if anything it shows that modern audiences are able to read the differences better than people give them credit for and the overall sandbox reachs a natural equilibrium.

Positives

• Small skill curve where people can juice the most out of each weapons properties, however small, at an individual level (more time to potentially master the game) and competitive level - see CSGO Aug development.
  • Variety in aesthetic - map to map weapon sets as has been explained previously
  • Complementary weapons for different game modes - DMR natural power increase in BTB etc
  • More weapons for developers to sell content for encouraging them to continue updating the game.
  • Juicy nostalgia hit that doesn't assume the entire fanbase are idiots that simply want the same gun that sounds and looks a little different.
  • More opportunities for content creation - see pubg/apex/fortnite weapon comparison and preference videos and how this is an endless content cycle as balance patches come in.
  • More opportunities to find the route to the perfect utility weapon - I'd rather they roll the dice 5 times and see what we come out with personally.

Negatives

• A waste of resources - arguable considering it encourages the developer to spend more time overall with the product if they're able to milk the game for longer.
  • It's more cluttered on map - again only if the implementation is that you want to stuff every single weapon in the sandbox into a single map.
  • It's more cluttered in my head - where most of the argument lies, in 'Halo theory'. I can only soothe and tell you it's going to be okm8.
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Halo 1 had a pistol start by default in the Bungie designed default Pro gametypes, to give people a chance from spawn to always fight regardless of range. Bungie created this utility weapon on purpose. 

And the pistol is used as a utility because it doesn't take up 30% of your screen. A lot of us prefer this yet you completely disregard that there'd be any valid reason to want the pistol as a utility. 

Seriously man every other time you post it's like you mostly get it but then you say something just utterly baseless or without thought for how others perceive Halo. Your rep reflects this yet it doesn't seem like you stop to consider hey maybe I need to be putting a little more thought and empathy into my posts. 

Why do that when you can just call someone a motherfucker?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I honestly would love it if someone here would discuss a compromise. 343s is dead set on finding a middle ground because of their fanbase that loves the classics and hates the new and another group that’s basically the opposite. Halo isn’t cod with two giant dev teams that can dish out a new game every year. This why they could easily revert back to their original style. 

7 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

So you think popularity means bad? In most cases it’s not. Fortnite is popular because it’s amazingly fun regardless of your individual opinion. A games population can easily tell you it’s decently good. Not to mention the higher the pop the more likely someone is to play it.

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I honestly would love it if someone here would discuss a compromise. 343s is dead set on finding a middle ground because of their fanbase that loves the classics and hates the new and another group that’s basically the opposite. Halo isn’t cod with two giant dev teams that can dish out a new game every year. This why they could easily revert back to their original style. 

Open your mind to the possibility that this has been tried before, and it didnt work out.

6 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Your username is literally "fixaiming" and you're talking down to us about requests that 343 will never consider.

As for your diss on Hard Way, that was dumb because the guy has put in tons of hours on every Halo game and still does. Compared to me who actually barely plays the other games lol. There are people FAR more elitist than him, people who like meme on the series as if there is no other Halo game. 

And your comment to Benson is exactly why people find you annoying to talk to, he brings up something that yes isn't talked about much but it's definitely relevant. Maybe you're not consciously thinking about enemy stances but your brain picks up on it, trust me. And all you can say is he's a fucking weirdo. Just stop. 

Maybe because no one looks at the stance of enemy or a random arm movement.

• Downvote (-1) 4

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Open your mind to the possibility that this has been tried before, and it didnt work out.

Yeah no shit all one needs to do is look at h4&5. But it’s obvious 343 won’t go back classic halo gameplay. So what would you suggest? Just try to think of something that could respect classic halo. What about double jump like doom? I would say doom is a neat idea, because unlike halo it seems to implement these abilities(as seen in the newest doom that’s coming out in 2019 I think) that they still have your gun ready at all times. Doom did what halo should. 

6 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Maybe because no one looks at the stance of enemy or a random arm movement.

Dude everyone is looking at what weapon the enemy is holding how can you even argue against that?

• Fire (+1) 1

in the gameplay there’s clearly a thruster like ability? Do you think the way doom did it, it could not work in halo along with no sprint? 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Dude everyone is looking at what weapon the enemy is holding how can you even argue against that?

That’s not what I meant, I meant like a random movement of the arm or something else completely pointles. Anyone who isn’t blind can tell what gun someone is holding.

6 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

To be fair 343 tried to fix the aiming in h5 through multiple instances, but then after their final update came to a conclusion “this is the best we can do”

10 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Yeah no shit all one needs to do is look at h4&5. But it’s obvious 343 won’t go back classic halo gameplay. So what would you suggest? Just try to think of something that could respect classic halo. What about double jump like doom? I would say doom is a neat idea, because unlike halo it seems to implement these abilities(as seen in the newest doom that’s coming out in 2019 I think) that they still have your gun ready at all times. Doom did what halo should. 

I disagree with the premise that they won’t go back, when all of the data shows that they should. It’s not impossible. The fan base just needs to be steadfast and clear about what we want.

10 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I disagree with the premise that they won’t go back, when all of the data shows that they should. It’s not impossible. The fan base just needs to be steadfast and clear about what we want.

Clearly you haven’t read the forums, or twitter. People do not find the original gameplay fast(it doesn’t help that the halo everyone looks at is h3) but then again h1&2 aren’t exactly fast paced for movement but more or less because their starting gun is strong. I looked at doom there and that is in almost every ounce of the word “halo” and looks fast pace without sprint. People don’t know what they want from a halo game but I do and it’s something speedy and quick like doom. Look i apologize for always being an asshole, but I’m just desperate for a good halo again.  H1 and 2 also have stuff like teleporters and lifts(h3 has more of this) but it’s still not enough basically. Also a higher FOV isn’t enough to make a game appear faster(halo online basically h3 with better hit reg and FOV slider). 

What data shows they should? Because I Bonnie Ross said h5 MP was well loved. Tbh it’s shooting is probably what people liked most because it’s hit reg was consistently good. But what does that tell me? That they won’t go back to the classics.