CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don’t get the logic of gun skins(looking like another gun)  without taking into account there’s no such thing as a utility weapon in halo. That’s literally something the community(comp) invented. Variety isn’t a bad thing even if the changes are minuscule. You can still have unique weapons. Like you haven’t even given an idea for one. Now I like the idea of h1 plasma rifle that basically freezes someone. Still for the sake of variety people will play the game and like that. H5s starting weapon sandbox was more or less a problem because are starting weapons sucked compared to everything else. The sandbox would of been perfect if the pistol was 4sk with a minimum TTK of .9-1s.

A simple Google search will show multiple instances where both Bungie and 343 refer to the BR/DMR/Magnum as a utility weapon. The term has been used for many many years. It's literally the gameplay definition of a well-rounded precision starting weapon.

• Like (+1) 5

I'm looking for help with Annual and/or Deja Vu Achievements. Anyone wanna help? 

23 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

A simple Google search will show multiple instances where both Bungie and 343 refer to the BR/DMR/Magnum as a utility weapon. The term has been used for many many years. It's literally the gameplay definition of a well-rounded precision starting weapon.

That’s to please the competitive crowd who’s been calling it that for years.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

That gun skin thing is never gonna happen.

We're stuck with a sandbox that's overflowing with redundant weapons, but we can make it more consistent for ourselves. Strictly for the Social/Casual part of the game, separate the weapons in their own categories by affiliation: UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner. Put those weapons in the maps that correspond to the affiliation, start out with our Utility weapon and an AR, and presto! It's not a perfect fix, but it allows the feeling of "variety" that the game can offer to low level players, while also giving higher level players less of a headache.

Moving onto Competitive/Ranked, we now strip the sandbox down to the weapons that are most niche. Our usual Rockets, Snipe, Overshield and Camo to start, followed by the Concussion Rifle, Sentinel Beam, and the Plasma Pistol. Find out what combo of items work best on what maps we deem the most competitive, shut off radar, drop the AR, and we got ourselves a title to play and spectate.

Seems so easy, but there's gonna be a fuck up somewhere...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That gun skin thing is never gonna happen.

We're stuck with a sandbox that's overflowing with redundant weapons, but we can make it more consistent for ourselves. Strictly for the Social/Casual part of the game, separate the weapons in their own categories by affiliation: UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner. Put those weapons in the maps that correspond to the affiliation, start out with our Utility weapon and an AR, and presto! It's not a perfect fix, but it allows the feeling of "variety" that the game can offer to low level players, while also giving higher level players less of a headache.

Moving onto Competitive/Ranked, we now strip the sandbox down to the weapons that are most niche. Our usual Rockets, Snipe, Overshield and Camo to start, followed by the Concussion Rifle, Sentinel Beam, and the Plasma Pistol. Find out what combo of items work best on what maps we deem the most competitive, shut off radar, drop the AR, and we got ourselves a title to play and spectate.

Seems so easy, but there's gonna be a fuck up somewhere...

You're just listing off the exhaustive list of shit we try every single title and the direction it takes when we realize that bad ideas are in fact still bad ideas. All I wish for is a continuation from where we left off just once instead of hitting the reset button and committing the same fuck ups with settings and weapons that we inevitably always commit

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Even Boyo wouldn't say half of the shit being said right now.

Membr when Boyo wanted a spartan shrinking armor ability? Good timesz1JByV6.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, Larry Sizemore said:

There are no benefits to loadouts.

Creating three identical weapons eliminates redundancy? I beg your pardon?

So are you just being intentionally stupid now? 

Like yeah you already said that first line, that's why I said what I said. My position has not changed. 

As for the second part, way to cherry pick dishonestly without reading the full piece. I have no time for this bullshit. You know what I meant, continue trolling if you want and I'll ignore you from here on out. 

5 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I don’t get the logic of gun skins(looking like another gun)  without taking into account there’s no such thing as a utility weapon in halo. That’s literally something the community(comp) invented. Variety isn’t a bad thing even if the changes are minuscule. You can still have unique weapons. Like you haven’t even given an idea for one. Now I like the idea of h1 plasma rifle that basically freezes someone. Still for the sake of variety people will play the game and like that. H5s starting weapon sandbox was more or less a problem because are starting weapons sucked compared to everything else. The sandbox would of been perfect if the pistol was 4sk with a minimum TTK of .9-1s.

Halo 1 had a pistol start by default in the Bungie designed default Pro gametypes, to give people a chance from spawn to always fight regardless of range. Bungie created this utility weapon on purpose. 

And the pistol is used as a utility because it doesn't take up 30% of your screen. A lot of us prefer this yet you completely disregard that there'd be any valid reason to want the pistol as a utility. 

Seriously man every other time you post it's like you mostly get it but then you say something just utterly baseless or without thought for how others perceive Halo. Your rep reflects this yet it doesn't seem like you stop to consider hey maybe I need to be putting a little more thought and empathy into my posts. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Halo 1 had a pistol start by default in the Bungie designed default Pro gametypes, to give people a chance from spawn to always fight regardless of range. Bungie created this utility weapon on purpose. 

And the pistol is used as a utility because it doesn't take up 30% of your screen. A lot of us prefer this yet you completely disregard that there'd be any valid reason to want the pistol as a utility. 

Seriously man every other time you post it's like you mostly get it but then you say something just utterly baseless or without thought for how others perceive Halo. Your rep reflects this yet it doesn't seem like you stop to consider hey maybe I need to be putting a little more thought and empathy into my posts. 

I could care less what my rep shows. This entire forum is a h1 is god of halo and anyone who disagrees with that is wrong. And takes up your screen? I’d argue that’s bs but whatever. I’m here to debate and whether you agree with it or not is not my concern. I don’t want the pistol as the main utility because it’s honstly just stupid to have one when we have literally 2 other rifles that are clearly better(BR or DMR). CE has a higher fov compared to other halo games so that screen cover bs you just said can go out the window. What you perceive as halo isn’t my concern as well. Someone here could talk how good h1 is and everyone here will love them but the moment someone like me says “no” then the hate begins. It’s why this forum isn’t taken seriously from anyone important and why many have left this forum.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I’ve tried debating in the past by agreeing with some of the stupid and obvious shit that never ever will go into halo. It be nice if the people here would be “realistic”. Come on we have idiots wanting no footstep sounds, idiots believing weapon skins(that are mods) should happen but knowing it won’t happen. How about talk about something that isn’t stupid.

• Downvote (-1) 6

My only issue with the idea of just having one utility weapon that could appear as whatever the player wants it to is that the design of a weapon is meant to be unique so that its easily distinguishable at a glance.

For example, I've always thought that the Magnum works better as a utility weapon because the stance the player takes when they wield one is entirely different from any long gun. I can't be the only guy who's spotted an enemy with a long black rectangle in hand, and been unable to tell whether it was a Battle Rifle or Shotgun in the heat of the moment. Or even if the person has a sniper rifle, if I see them head on from a decent distance. Which I imagine is partly why the Shotgun and Sniper have a flashlight/lens flare in Halo 5.

But I think if the Magnum was the norm, I'd be able to tell regardless because the stance is so different. Since in the standard long gun stance, the right arm is tucked inward, and is hardly visible from head on. But whenever the player wields a pistol, both arms are held out equally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

My only issue with the idea of just having one utility weapon that could appear as whatever the player wants it to is that the design of a weapon is meant to be unique so that its easily distinguishable at a glance.

For example, I've always thought that the Magnum works better as a utility weapon because the stance the player takes when they wield one is entirely different from any long gun. I can't be the only guy who's spotted an enemy with a long black rectangle in hand, and been unable to tell whether it was a Battle Rifle or Shotgun in the heat of the moment. Or even if the person has a sniper rifle, if I see them head on from a decent distance. Which I imagine is partly why the Shotgun and Sniper have a flashlight/lens flare in Halo 5.

But I think if the Magnum was the norm, I'd be able to tell regardless because the stance is so different. Since in the standard long gun stance, the right arm is tucked inward, and is hardly visible from head on. But whenever the player wields a pistol, both arms are held out equally.

Maybe because the pistol is white/gray. And the weapons you listed are black as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Maybe because the pistol is white/gray. And the weapons you listed are black as fuck.

The Halo 5 magnum is black by default.

As is the Halo 2 magnum. Not that anyone actually used it, of course.

10 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Ok who in the right mind pays attention to stupid shit like that? What are you some weirdo? You’re like the person who will notice a texture looking different, when no one else does. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, AlphaBenson said:

The Halo 5 magnum is black by default.

As is the Halo 2 magnum. Not that anyone actually used it, of course.

If that’s black then idk what black looks like. 

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Ok who in the right mind pays attention to stupid shit like that? What are you some weirdo? You’re like the person who will notice a texture looking different, when no one else does. 

Who pays attention to what the enemy player is holding? I imagine any one who plays the game.

• Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I could care less what my rep shows. This entire forum is a h1 is god of halo and anyone who disagrees with that is wrong. And takes up your screen? I’d argue that’s bs but whatever. I’m here to debate and whether you agree with it or not is not my concern. I don’t want the pistol as the main utility because it’s honstly just stupid to have one when we have literally 2 other rifles that are clearly better(BR or DMR). CE has a higher fov compared to other halo games so that screen cover bs you just said can go out the window. What you perceive as halo isn’t my concern as well. Someone here could talk how good h1 is and everyone here will love them but the moment someone like me says “no” then the hate begins. It’s why this forum isn’t taken seriously from anyone important and why many have left this forum.

Nobody is hating on you. You just argue in the most boneheaded way that it’s a headache to even try to engage with you. Whenever somebody critiques what you say you insult them or lash out at them and accuse them of being a CE elitist, when the truth is this is the most diverse Halo community in terms of opinions on the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Nobody is hating on you. You just argue in the most boneheaded way that it’s a headache to even try to engage with you. Whenever somebody critiques what you say you insult them or lash out at them and accuse them of being a CE elitist, when the truth is this is the most diverse Halo community in terms of opinions on the franchise. 

Ummm most of you act like hardway when it comes to ce who is in every sense of the word a ce elitist. Also it definitely isn’t the most diverse by any means, there’s plenty of topics on here to prove that. I insult people who blatantly reply with an idiotic response. When I tried debating a “proper compromise” I was met with “fuck that no compromise” as if that’s what I wanted to discuss. It was meant to be a realistic convo that we could maybe post on twitter or something and get 343 to acknowledge it because it’s not too late atm. You want proper respect then earn it. I disagree with many post simply for being unrealistic, obviously an elitist opinion, and other things clearly. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, darkstar said:

If you want to criticize ones thinking you can expect the response not to be positive. Especially with the thinking “I’m right and you’re wrong” it’s clear by “it’s a headache to even try to engage with you” that you think I’m 100% wrong not even remotely right or my opinion is just blatantly shit. And you want respect? That’s hilarious.

I’d like a gun skin utility in all honesty, I’m just trying to be realistic because I know for a fact that’s not happening. Many of the topics here is like saying “I wish broccoli tasted like bacon” but fully knowing that’ll never happen.

33 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

How about talk about something that isn’t stupid.

You first.

"You idiots know nothing of good game design."  Having hundreds of barely different weapons littering the map that offer no conscious strategic advantages over another and that just lead to battles being determined by their ultra nuanced differences is not "good game design".

Quake only has nine weapons yet has far more actual variety in gunplay than CoD which in effect really only has like three weapons...sniper, automatic, shotgun.

The entire point of the reskin idea is to put identical weapons in loadouts and leave the map weapons for actually, meaningfully unique ones.  Obviously weapons need to be different to justify being pickups, but the thing is no one is saying the reskins should be pickups.

• Like (+1) 3