CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Saying there's no benefits to loadouts is stupid. 

The Halo utility sandbox has gotten so ridiculously cluttered that loadouts would help eliminate redundant utilities as map pickups with stronger characteristics. 

Just make the pistol, DMR, BR all have the same characteristics and let people pick one. Problem solved. 

Same with the AR even. Just let people pick AR, SMG or storm rifle and have them all behave equally. 

That way we eliminate redundancy while keeping fans of these weapons happy. 

See, at that point just have the weapons be skins of one another. I only advocate for loadouts for as long as we continue to have redundant weapons with slight differences. If they're all the same, the use of loadouts is redundant. Do it like L4D2 PC mods for weapons.

Ideally we'd have this. It'd please everyone. Have your DMR, BR, Carbine, Needle Rifle, etc, all act identically in terms of performance with a different skin/aesthetic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Model skins are gucci. In L4D2 I have a skin for the m16 that makes it the m1941 mg. I'd be fine with halo doing this. Keep the differences between weapons for campaign.

And fuck, this is exactly where steam workshop could come in handy.

6 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Saying there's no benefits to loadouts is stupid.

There are no benefits to loadouts.

Just make the pistol, DMR, BR all have the same characteristics and let people pick one. Problem solved. 

Same with the AR even. Just let people pick AR, SMG or storm rifle and have them all behave equally. 

That way we eliminate redundancy while keeping fans of these weapons happy.

Creating three identical weapons eliminates redundancy? I beg your pardon?

Th

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

There are no benefits to loadouts.

Creating three identical weapons eliminates redundancy? I beg your pardon?

That basically makes these weapons boring AF to use then. I pick up a dmr for the advantage of range, I pick up the carbine for the faster rate of fire, etc etc.

Anyone want to play Halo 3 Team Arena? I’m level 22 looking to rank up. A little rusty but I’m pretty good and was a 50 in OG with 1k wins on it if anyone cares lol. GT: LimeSda

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

See, at that point just have the weapons be skins of one another. I only advocate for loadouts for as long as we continue to have redundant weapons with slight differences. If they're all the same, the use of loadouts is redundant. Do it like L4D2 PC mods for weapons.

Ideally we'd have this. It'd please everyone. Have your DMR, BR, Carbine, Needle Rifle, etc, all act identically in terms of performance with a different skin/aesthetic.

I honestly believe when you people say this stupid weapon skins shit, don’t have a clue of good game design. There’s a reason for “different weapons” you have multiple assault rifles but they function differently in some way, precision weapons as well. Weapon “mods” exactly what you just fucking said they’re mods, and nothing more. Hells halo online doesn’t have a mod to make the dmr look like a BR(because in all honesty that’d be stupid) . Halo has tons of guns in its sandbox(just like most games) and the weapons should be different, even in some way that’s minor there needs to be a decent reason to pick this weapon other than “It looks cool”. A range, damage, Ease of use goes into weapon design in video games. Oh and don’t even bring out the “halo needs to be different” when that only applies to no sprint no ability garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Halo online did have mods to change the weapon models. The h4 br could look like the h3 br.

27 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo online did have mods to change the weapon models. The h4 br could look like the h3 br.

That’s not the same thing you idiot! It’s still the same weapon. You didn’t make the Battle rifle look like a pistol, you made it look like a another BR. You didn’t make an SMG look like the shotgun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

That’s not the same thing you idiot! It’s still the same weapon. You didn’t make the Battle rifle look like a pistol, you made it look like a another BR. You didn’t make an SMG look like the shotgun. 

If you read the post, which it really seems you didn't, it was advocating for the BR/DMR/LR/Pistol to be the exact same outside of how the weapon looks

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I honestly believe when you people say this stupid weapon skins shit, don’t have a clue of good game design. There’s a reason for “different weapons” you have multiple assault rifles but they function differently in some way, precision weapons as well. Weapon “mods” exactly what you just fucking said they’re mods, and nothing more. Hells halo online doesn’t have a mod to make the dmr look like a BR(because in all honesty that’d be stupid) . Halo has tons of guns in its sandbox(just like most games) and the weapons should be different, even in some way that’s minor there needs to be a decent reason to pick this weapon other than “It looks cool”. A range, damage, Ease of use goes into weapon design in video games. Oh and don’t even bring out the “halo needs to be different” when that only applies to no sprint no ability garbage.

This is a whoosh if I've ever seen it.

We already know redundant weapons suck, and don't add anything deep to the game as they are. If we continue on this trend over being creative, we may as well make the weapons skins based around one consistent utility blueprint.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

This is a whoosh if I've ever seen it.

We already known redundant weapons suck, and don't add anything deep to the game as they are. If we continue on this trend over being creative, we may as well make the weapons skins based around one consistent utility blueprint.

I’ve said this before but here goes.

halo doesn’t have a weapon considered “utility weapon” and never will. There’s no redundant weapon in the sandbox. At least in h5s case(OG sandbox) redundancy is basically another word for useless, when there’s a useful reason to pick up other weapons. Like a utility in halo anyway should just be the strongest but most difficult weapon. There’s other weapons for a reason. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

halo doesn’t have a weapon considered “utility weapon” and never will. There’s no redundant weapon in the sandbox. At least in h5s case(OG sandbox) redundancy is basically another word for useless, when there’s a useful reason to pick up other weapons. Like a utility in halo anyway should just be the strongest but most difficult weapon. There’s other weapons for a reason. 

The CE magnum, the BR, the DMR, and the Halo 5 pistol. All are utilities. They've always existed. The DMR in the last game's case is literally just an upgraded magnum that may as well not exist in the same sandbox. Because it offers nothing but a range and damage buff. 

Others weapons should exist for a reason. They shouldn't exist just because they were in a past title. Or to "offer variety" that is very much just a placebo effect in thinking shit's radically different or depthful.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The CE magnum, the BR, the DMR, and the Halo 5 pistol. All are utilities. They've always existed. The DMR in the last game's case is literally just an upgraded magnum that may as well not exist in the same sandbox. Because it offers nothing but a range and damage buff. 

Others weapons should exist for a reason. They shouldn't exist just because they were in a past title. Or to "offer variety" that is very much just a placebo effect in thinking shit's radically different or depthful.

If it’s a damage or range buff then it’s therefore not redundant. It’s a quality reason to pick this up. There doesn’t need to be this pickup that freezes you or anything. And also a lack of variety can make a game boring. It’s fun using other weapons, it’s in the every sense an upgraded magnum as it makes perfect sense on why that is(it’s a rifle). Still with these additional weapons you need to give people a reason to pick these up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What one considers a good reason to pick up (insert weapon) is subjective. I personally think a weapon with similar capabilities but with a range buff is plenty reaSon enough. But you obviously want something else. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

22 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

If it’s a damage or range buff then it’s therefore not redundant. It’s a quality reason to pick this up. There doesn’t need to be this pickup that freezes you or anything. And also a lack of variety can make a game boring. It’s fun using other weapons, it’s in the every sense an upgraded magnum as it makes perfect sense on why that is(it’s a rifle). Still with these additional weapons you need to give people a reason to pick these up.

That's not quality. That's literally a reason that could be applied to the magnum instead over just upgrading your gun. Rather than making small, Xbox 360 S to Xbox 360 E upgrades, make your weapon a jump from the 360 to the Xbox One. An actual different weapon with its own functionality and justified reason to exist. The DMR doesn't need to exist as is. The BR doesn't either. They perform in the same role as the magnum and serve no purpose than to outclass it. 

"Lack of variety" making a game "boring" isn't a reason to introduce dumb weapons. It's a reason to think "this isn't the game I wanna play". Literally play CoD if you want that. You have 26+ weapons, all of which are essentially identical in form and function within their classes. Halo should remain with its weapons at least being unique, and small in numerical presence. Not succumbing to a large arsenal of widely identical guns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

What one considers a good reason to pick up (insert weapon) is subjective. I personally think a weapon with similar capabilities but with a range buff is plenty reaSon enough. But you obviously want something else. 

LOL then you get the shit balance of H5 you're lost man 

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

48 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

LOL then you get the shit balance of H5 you're lost man

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Hey just because H4 and 5 have cluttered the sandbox with tons of garbage and have absolutely atrocious weapon balancing doesn't change the fact that the real Halo games had a utility weapon with a sandbox of powerful niche weapons built around it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Are you kidding me! The only thing h5s weapon balancing needed was an aim assist Nerf. Or you know make the utility weapon the DMR or BR. A pistol as the main weapon is the dumbest thing ever. 

• Downvote (-1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

18 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Are you kidding me! The only thing h5s weapon balancing needed was an aim assist Nerf. Or you know make the utility weapon the DMR or BR. A pistol as the main weapon is the dumbest thing ever. 

Yikes 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

This is what the Waypoint kids say about H5's sandbox.. Double yikes

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

This is what the Waypoint kids say about H5's sandbox.. Double yikes

Mofo that’s what most people here said before. Or to keep things the same and make the pistol 4sk