CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

7 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Woman hating frick.

well ur not even a waman sooooooo

• Thonking (+0) 1

You know what else gets rid of having to deal with AR starts? Not setting the AR as the primary starting weapon.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

You know what else gets rid of having to deal with AR starts? Not setting the AR as the primary starting weapon.

Yea quick find me the game that did that 

9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Halo 2

• Like (+1) 1

CE originally gave you the plasma pistol.

28 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

A simple tweak in the match options can do it in every game. All the devs have to do is pull the trigger to feature it in matchmaking.

Suggesting that loadouts had "positives" because they - in a roundabout manner - prevented everyone from having to start with ARs is bonkers. That's like saying it's a good idea to use a flamethrower to cook bacon. You'll more than likely burn your house down, but hey, that bacon's gonna have a nice, smoky flavor to it. So it has positives, right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

A simple tweak in the match options can do it in every game. All the devs have to do is pull the trigger to feature it in matchmaking.

Suggesting that loadouts had "positives" because they - in a roundabout manner - prevented everyone from having to start with ARs is bonkers. That's like saying it's a good idea to use a flamethrower to cook bacon. You'll more than likely burn your house down, but hey, that bacon's gonna have a nice, smoky flavor to it. So it has positives, right?

ALRIGHT numbnuts I'm gonna break this down for you one time. Loadouts aren't ideal. But they weren't 100% negative. Like pretty much everything in life there are positives and negatives. You still with me here? 

Loadouts as they were implemented was bad. I don't like perks and I don't like the boltshot/combo spawns. But they also allowed to NEVER have to deal with AR starts bullshit. You know, something EVERY GAME BEFORE HAS HAD. And something MCC was RIPE with pre update. You still with me?

Obviously pistol only spawns is ideally what I want. But there has NEVER been a Halo that had the same starting weapon altogether. Closest was H5 but that's an entire discussion in itself. 

It's cute that it's just a simple tweak. Really quite adorable honestly. But that didn't stop them from never doing it. 

Just because you refuse to look at shit in every way doesn't mean something has no positives. If you can't acknowledge it you're just being dense but that's really no surprise. 

25 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Halo 2

Haha trueeeeee

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

ALRIGHT numbnuts I'm gonna break this down for you one time. Loadouts aren't ideal. But they weren't 100% negative. Like pretty much everything in life there are positives and negatives. You still with me here? 

Nope.

Loadouts as they were implemented was bad. I don't like perks and I don't like the boltshot/combo spawns. But they also allowed to NEVER have to deal with AR starts bullshit. You know, something EVERY GAME BEFORE HAS HAD. And something MCC was RIPE with pre update. You still with me?

Contracting HIV provides a strong incentive to stop focusing on sex and instead encourages one to explore the finer parts of life, learn new things, and discover new hobbies. Maybe I wouldn't have become so good at online poker if I didn't catch that disease and become a social leper. See? HIV has positives!

(no, I don't actually have HIV)

Obviously pistol only spawns is ideally what I want. But there has NEVER been a Halo that had the same starting weapon altogether. Closest was H5 but that's an entire discussion in itself. 

It's cute that it's just a simple tweak. Really quite adorable honestly. But that didn't stop them from never doing it.

This is a dev problem, not a we-need-loadouts problem. Numbnuts.

Just because you refuse to look at shit in every way doesn't mean something has no positives. If you can't acknowledge it you're just being dense but that's really no surprise.

There are zero positives to loadouts. If you can't acknowledge it you're just being dense but that's really no surprise.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Aaaaand this debate has taken the shit.

• Like (+1) 2

I took it to the extreme, sure, but some things in life are non-starters. Loadouts in Halo is one of those things. And the last thing we need is some 343 dev browsing this forum, seeing regular posters being like "you know loadouts weren't so bad, they had positives!", and everything going to hell again.

• Like (+1) 1

The one positive being said is that you don't have to use a gun you dislike. Literally nothing else. It's not even like that's such a huge bonus as to outweigh the other detriments. It's honestly a pretty tiny benefit.

And again, that issue could just as easily be solved by the people calling the shots not setting it as a default starting weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

And again, that issue could just as easily be solved by the people calling the shots not setting it as a default starting weapon.

Yeah we know. We literally all said this exactly. 

I think what you guys are failing to realize is that going on a competitive Halo forum and talking about the positives of loadouts is like going on a holocaust forum and reminding people Hitler had a soft spot for animals. We get it, nothing is all bad and everything has some positives to it. We simply don’t give a flying fuck. Loadouts are trash and they will never belong in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Yeah we know. We literally all said this exactly. 

But now you got the bad kids complaining about halo being a one gun weapon. 

7 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

some 343 dev browsing this forum

funny guy

• Upvote (+1) 4

The day 343 listens to anyone here will be the day I eat a shoe.(raw).

by listen I mean actually put what they said/suggested into H6

3 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I think what you guys are failing to realize is that going on a competitive Halo forum and talking about the positives of loadouts is like going on a holocaust forum and reminding people Hitler had a soft spot for animals. We get it, nothing is all bad and everything has some positives to it. We simply don’t give a flying fuck. Loadouts are trash and they will never belong in Halo.

No...not even close. Yikes man  

5 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

But now you got the bad kids complaining about halo being a one gun weapon. 

That's exactly what halo ought to be. you get one spawn weapon and the rest of the guns are situational power weapons on the map. most of the time you should be using that spawn weapon. People dont understand that thats exactly what made halo unique back in the day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

The day 343 listens to anyone here will be the day I eat a shoe.(raw).

by listen I mean actually put what they said/suggested into H6

We’re the reason h2a has a destructible element on every map. We were really pushing how that was cool in 2013-2014. Obviously no one thought they should put staglamited on lockout, we were talking about new maps but ofc 343/ca just slapped it on without thinking. 

Saying there's no benefits to loadouts is stupid. 

The Halo utility sandbox has gotten so ridiculously cluttered that loadouts would help eliminate redundant utilities as map pickups with stronger characteristics. 

Just make the pistol, DMR, BR all have the same characteristics and let people pick one. Problem solved. 

Same with the AR even. Just let people pick AR, SMG or storm rifle and have them all behave equally. 

That way we eliminate redundancy while keeping fans of these weapons happy. 

• Like (+1) 2