CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I just realized something. We'll be able to turn off or reduce the motion blur for reach when it comes to pc...

Edit: actually they're just straight up removing it from the get go lol 

10 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Listen i know weed is legal up there and everything but you gotta slow the freak down.

Lmaaaaao. HEAR ME OUT for like, a second. Loadouts giving us different starting weapons doesn't affect the game, because in normal "equal starts" Halo, you're still gonna be picking up mass amounts of weapons off the map. This just eliminates that and rebalances things to suit spawning with. So a Carbine won't be too different from a DMR, or a BR. Loadouts just eradicates picking them up and relying on respawn cycles. Even starts to me as a concept means nothing as long as tons of weapon pickups remain on the map. I would still rather have the "skins for your utility" idea that basically placebos you into thinking you have a Carbine, DMR, etc, but as long as Halo relies on its map pickups, that's about as far as we're gonna go I'd guess. Note that Halo 4 (Barring its first few days of ranking up) also never had the problem of AR starts needing to be fixed. A feat. You were able to spawn with reliable weapons. So it gives a lot of player agency. Especially on a per map basis, and especially for BTB.

AND as much as perks are hated, almost all of them are passive in origin and never even affect combat. The only one that truly does is stability, which just decreases your vertical flinch, and will sway the gunfight in that very moment if both players don't have it. All the rest are things that either affect the time before combat, or well after combat's done. And the things like Nemesis, that would indicate an enemy's position after they killed you are useless to the other selectable options that have more game-long effects on you. Like Ammo, Firepower, Mobility, Dexterity, the like. The non-passive abilities are allllll AAs. Jetpack, PV, Thruster, etc. You're not gonna die and go "Oh, man, I died because that guy had one specific perk". Because actual damage, weapon range, movement, or positioning traits aren't being changed with them. The things that matter. 

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Lmaaaaao. HEAR ME OUT for like, a second. Loadouts giving us different starting weapons doesn't affect the game, because in normal "equal starts" Halo, you're still gonna be picking up mass amounts of weapons off the map. This just eliminates that and rebalances things to suit spawning with. So a Carbine won't be too different from a DMR, or a BR. Loadouts just eradicates picking them up and relying on respawn cycles. Even starts to me as a concept means nothing as long as tons of weapon pickups remain on the map. I would still rather have the "skins for your utility" idea that basically placebos you into thinking you have a Carbine, DMR, etc, but as long as Halo relies on its map pickups, that's about as far as we're gonna go I'd guess. Note that Halo 4 (Barring its first few days of ranking up) also never had the problem of AR starts needing to be fixed. A feat. You were able to spawn with reliable weapons. So it gives a lot of player agency. Especially on a per map basis, and especially for BTB.

AND as much as perks are hated, almost all of them are passive in origin and never even affect combat. The only one that truly does is stability, which just decreases your vertical flinch, and will sway the gunfight in that very moment if both players don't have it. All the rest are things that either affect the time before combat, or well after combat's done. And the things like Nemesis, that would indicate an enemy's position after they killed you are useless to the other selectable options that have more game-long effects on you. Like Ammo, Firepower, Mobility, Dexterity, the like. The non-passive abilities are allllll AAs. Jetpack, PV, Thruster, etc. You're not gonna die and go "Oh, man, I died because that guy had one specific perk". Because actual damage, weapon range, movement, or positioning traits aren't being changed with them. The things that matter. 

The issue may be that it gave players TOO much agency. Boltshot wasnt just an annoyance because it was a pocket shotgun, but specifically because anyone could choose to spawn with it. And I have to wonder if BTB is truly made better when everyone has the ability to spawn with a Plasma Pistol to counter vehicles, or a DMR that allows them to crossmap players and vehicles just as easily.

And I'd say some perks can be a pretty big game changer. Ammo could allow people to sit back more often and pick other players off with their DMR in BTB, and faster reload is always a considerable benefit. Weapons tend to be balanced around how long it takes for them to be usable after expending the entire magazine, after all.

But I can agree that map pick ups that are just starting weapons but better aren't a worthwhile inclusion. The entire point of people wanting BR/DMR starts over AR/SMG was supposed to prevent newly spawning players from getting destroyed because the enemy team had a far superior utility weapon. And even though the Magnum in Halo 5 is plenty strong, it's simply just easier to get perfect kills with the BR and DMR.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

AND as much as perks are hated, almost all of them are passive in origin and never even affect combat. The only one that truly does is stability, which just decreases your vertical flinch, and will sway the gunfight in that very moment if both players don't have it. All the rest are things that either affect the time before combat, or well after combat's done. And the things like Nemesis, that would indicate an enemy's position after they killed you are useless to the other selectable options that have more game-long effects on you. Like Ammo, Firepower, Mobility, Dexterity, the like. The non-passive abilities are allllll AAs. Jetpack, PV, Thruster, etc. You're not gonna die and go "Oh, man, I died because that guy had one specific perk". Because actual damage, weapon range, movement, or positioning traits aren't being changed with them. The things that matter. I

Oh dont get me wrong, mass redundancy in the weapon sandbox ruins equal starts almost as much as loadouts do. That's why the solution is to reduce the amount of weapons rather than further ruin equal starts. Under normal circumstances you'd have one set of spawn weapons. The rest of the weapons are basically power weapons. The point is that unless the other player has a power weapons, you know you're going to be fighting them with the same gear, hence you are equal. The amount of weapons being picked up should not be that high. 

Halo 5 is a great example of having equal starts on paper but basically shitting it away with it's sandbox design in practice. Earlier halos after CE had this problem but to a lesser extent (since they had less weapon redundancy). And the guns are all different in enough ways to influence the fight. Remember when the DMR was blatantly OP in 4? The carbines higher ROF was a pain in the ass with flinch. And don't even talk to me about stickies because everyone spawning with those was completely ********. The fact that you didn't have to find the weapons on the map only made this more cluster fucky. That in and of itself is a huge change over the "defacto" nonequal starts that we saw in H2 onward. 

As far as perks go, passive is not a synonym for ineffective. They all had measurable effects on the game. If they didn't they wouldn't be in the game at all. Faster reloading could win fights, longer sprinting fucked with flow. That perk that let you survive an exploding vehicle was straight up gay as shit. Some people got to get a second ordnance drop (which could result in a much better weapon with which to get kills with if it didn't the first time). Now granted, some were not as bad as others, but that's not exactly praise when this is being compared to equal starts. The more "little differences" you add between players the less equal players are. That stuff adds up. And it's entirely unpredictable. That agency it gives players is a bad thing at this point. 

And I'm aware that many of this can be circled back around to reach for starting many if this but in starting it, it did not go as far as 4 did. Which is why I hate 4 more. It's all the bad of reach turned up to 11. I also never say reach is a good game to begin with. I mean I know you enjoy halo 4 and that's fine but that game makes zero sense.

There, I heard you out. Don't ever talk to me or my son ever again.

• Like (+1) 5

14 hours ago, Exidrion said:

I've never seen anyone crouch mid fight in Halo: CE ever. 

I'm not that high of a rank in CE (somewhere around 15) but when I face people closer to 20 there's definitely some people who crouch during a fight with me and it generally throws me off, maybe it's just because I'm not used to it or maybe because it's a good strategy but either way it works against me.

13 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'm only using the barometer of sales figures and the potential popularity therein to hypothesize how one in a company-based position would perceive a drop in population. I just said at the time it was the most popular (For a brief time) and that the shedding of players being more numerous in comparison wouldn't be much of a tip off realistically. As you get a bigger fandom, your potential losses also increase, as we saw later in 2012/13. Especially when you're still supporting a much loved game that people flock to, and other games come out alongside them. 

I can tell you without a doubt that Microsoft is well aware of what's been happening to Halo's brand recognition and perception post-Halo 3, as well as the cause(s).

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

The issue may be that it gave players TOO much agency. Boltshot wasnt just an annoyance because it was a pocket shotgun, but specifically because anyone could choose to spawn with it. And I have to wonder if BTB is truly made better when everyone has the ability to spawn with a Plasma Pistol to counter vehicles, or a DMR that allows them to crossmap players and vehicles just as easily.

And I'd say some perks can be a pretty big game changer. Ammo could allow people to sit back more often and pick other players off with their DMR in BTB, and faster reload is always a considerable benefit. Weapons tend to be balanced around how long it takes for them to be usable after expending the entire magazine, after all.

But I can agree that map pick ups that are just starting weapons but better aren't a worthwhile inclusion. The entire point of people wanting BR/DMR starts over AR/SMG was supposed to prevent newly spawning players from getting destroyed because the enemy team had a far superior utility weapon. And even though the Magnum in Halo 5 is plenty strong, it's simply just easier to get perfect kills with the BR and DMR.

Oh, sure, the Boltshot sucked, but it would irregardless of loadouts existing. And to that same point, spawning with a capable weapon against both players and vehicles is literally the biggest god-send. Halo 3 and 5 shows why the opposite is not at all good. While I'd love to fight for a middle ground personally, I don't really see one as long as vehicles are extremely powerful in comparison to an individual, and easy snipers exist. 

Ammo's biggest issue is the fact you get more power weapon ammo. Absolutely blows dicks, but also can be circumstantial, because it won't affect dropped power weapons, only those initially picked up. Still dumb. Plz go. A faster reload is "eh". Especially given 4 introduced reliable YYing, and allowed you to skip so much of the animation already.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Oh dont get me wrong, mass redundancy in the weapon sandbox ruins equal starts almost as much as loadouts do. That's why the solution is to reduce the amount of weapons rather than further ruin equal starts. Under normal circumstances you'd have one set of spawn weapons. The rest of the weapons are basically power weapons. The point is that unless the other player has a power weapons, you know you're going to be fighting them with the same gear, hence you are equal. The amount of weapons being picked up should not be that high. 

Halo 5 is a great example of having equal starts on paper but basically shitting it away with it's sandbox design in practice. Earlier halos after CE had this problem but to a lesser extent (since they had less weapon redundancy). And the guns are all different in enough ways to influence the fight. Remember when the DMR was blatantly OP in 4? The carbines higher ROF was a pain in the ass with flinch. And don't even talk to me about stickies because everyone spawning with those was completely ********. The fact that you didn't have to find the weapons on the map only made this more cluster fucky. That in and of itself is a huge change over the "defacto" nonequal starts that we saw in H2 onward. 

As far as perks go, passive is not a synonym for ineffective. They all had measurable effects on the game. If they didn't they wouldn't be in the game at all. Faster reloading could win fights, longer sprinting fucked with flow. That perk that let you survive an exploding vehicle was straight up gay as shit. Some people got to get a second ordnance drop (which could result in a much better weapon with which to get kills with if it didn't the first time). Now granted, some were not as bad as others, but that's not exactly praise when this is being compared to equal starts. The more "little differences" you add between players the less equal players are. That stuff adds up. And it's entirely unpredictable. 

And I'm aware that many of this can be circled back around to reach for starting many if this but in starting it, it did not go as far as 4 did. Which is why I hate 4 more. It's all the bad of reach turned up to 11. I also never say reach is a good game to begin with. I mean I know you enjoy halo 4 and that's fine but that game makes zero sense.

Oh, yeah, entirely. Reducing redundant weapons would be my GO TO. But as I said, I don't see that happening. Halo's always had a weirdly obnoxious amount of pickups. And it's only gotten worse since 3.

Andddddddd I wanna counter the "DMR is OP" in Halo 4 thing. It wasn't OP. It was just the one defined utility. It performed well. Just like the BR does now post-patch. That isn't OP. And I didn't say they'd all be equal, just that the difference is generally negligible, which is true. You could literally still use the BR, Carbine, LR, the like pre-patch. Just like you can use the DMR, LR, and such post-patch.

Spawn stickies are for fruitcups. Heretic also sucks for it. 

And I wouldn't say passive is synonymous with ineffective, but the fact so many are passive and don't affect combat inherently easily reduces my hatred of them compared to say, deathstreaks in CoD. Faster reloads can still be achieved through YYing, longer sprinting really feels overblown when people are gonna be running either way, and sprinting for longer puts you at an inherent disadvantage with your gun down. It's still a matter of "people will escape with this, just remove sprint". Mobility doesn't inherently increase that likelihood. And ordnance changing was just random. You could get a better weapon. You could also get garbage, lol. Given the ability would sometimes only swap one of the options. That was already unpredictable and just having that ability wouldn't guarantee better stuff, and much like Nemesis, that ability is still pretty useless in comparison to the others that have wider overall effects.

Reach started it. 4 continued it. 5 is ughblaheck.

4 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I can tell you without a doubt that Microsoft is well aware of what's been happening to Halo's brand recognition and perception post-Halo 3, as well as the cause(s).

How does one know this?

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How does one know this?

I've spent the last year+ meeting with publishers to ask for funding. I met with some of Microsoft publishing this past summer in LA and they were talking about their different IP's and expectations for them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

I've spent the last year+ meeting with publishers to ask for funding. I met with some of Microsoft publishing this past summer in LA and they were talking about their different IP's and expectations for them.

:3

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Oh, sure, the Boltshot sucked, but it would irregardless of loadouts existing. And to that same point, spawning with a capable weapon against both players and vehicles is literally the biggest god-send. Halo 3 and 5 shows why the opposite is not at all good. While I'd love to fight for a middle ground personally, I don't really see one as long as vehicles are extremely powerful in comparison to an individual, and easy snipers exist. 

Ammo's biggest issue is the fact you get more power weapon ammo. Absolutely blows dicks, but also can be circumstantial, because it won't affect dropped power weapons, only those initially picked up. Still dumb. Plz go. A faster reload is "eh". Especially given 4 introduced reliable YYing, and allowed you to skip so much of the animation already.

Oh, yeah, entirely. Reducing redundant weapons would be my GO TO. But as I said, I don't see that happening. Halo's always had a weirdly obnoxious amount of pickups. And it's only gotten worse since 3.

Andddddddd I wanna counter the "DMR is OP" in Halo 4 thing. It wasn't OP. It was just the one defined utility. It performed well. Just like the BR does now post-patch. That isn't OP. And I didn't say they'd all be equal, just that the difference is generally negligible, which is true. You could literally still use the BR, Carbine, LR, the like pre-patch. Just like you can use the DMR, LR, and such post-patch.

Spawn stickies are for fruitcups. Heretic also sucks for it. 

And I wouldn't say passive is synonymous with ineffective, but the fact so many are passive and don't affect combat inherently easily reduces my hatred of them compared to say, deathstreaks in CoD. Faster reloads can still be achieved through YYing, longer sprinting really feels overblown when people are gonna be running either way, and sprinting for longer puts you at an inherent disadvantage with your gun down. It's still a matter of "people will escape with this, just remove sprint". Mobility doesn't inherently increase that likelihood. And ordnance changing was just random. You could get a better weapon. You could also get garbage, lol. Given the ability would sometimes only swap one of the options. That was already unpredictable and just having that ability wouldn't guarantee better stuff, and much like Nemesis, that ability is still pretty useless in comparison to the others that have wider overall effects.

Reach started it. 4 continued it. 5 is ughblaheck.

How does one know this?

With the boltshot, Sprint, and ordnance we are talking about a set of elements that are bad on their own but made worse through many if the other things added to the game. Perks and loadouts are the things that made them worse. 

The boltshot did suck regardless, however it's suck was exacerbated by the fact that everyone can spawn with one at any time. Remember maulers? As a gun they were as dumb as the boltshot, but you couldn't always have one. That was the biggest problem. If they had kept that gun out of loadouts I guarantee you it wouldn't have been bitched about nearly as much.

What I mean with regards to Sprint doesn't have to do with the running away thing. Actually I think that criticism is somewhat of a red harring. The problem with Sprint is the pacing and flow of the match is random due to there being 2 primary movement speeds. Players aren't always sprinting, which means that they're getting to places on the map and unpredictable times. You can't account for the variable speeds. Default sprint limited you in how far you could go though. The problem with the mobility perk was that that limitation only applied for some people. So now the problem of players getting to places at random times is even more random because you had an unknown group of players who could get to even further places randomly. The point is that, yes sprint was already bad, the perk exacerbated it's badness.

With ordnance it's kinda the same deal. Yes ordnance is already random. But some players only get one dice roll. Other players get two rolls. As such, the perk that allows this is giving some players an inherent advantage. Sure you could get two Garbo rolls, but other times you could get a Garbo roll but re roll and get like an incineration cannon. That wouldn't have happened if you didn't or couldn't re roll. The reward makes that perk potentially game changing as a result. 

And you can argue that this stuff allowed you to fight vehicles but at the end of the day, btb is one playlist. This stuff BLEW in team Slayer. I don't remember hallways packed with sticky grenades very fondly. 

You can turn your brain off to some of this stuff but just because you can doesn't mean the effects arent pervasive. Like, you could simply not consider that the reason you hot killed by rockets was because the dude who killed you re rolled and got them the second time. But that doesn't change the fact that that is both a possible and likely scenario because of the way halo 4 is designed. And that's just one example.

Also the DMR pre patch was more accurate, had a higher zoom and killed faster. It was objectively an upgrade to the carbine and br. It wasn't just filling a specific utility. It was good at almost everything. Which normally would be fine to be honest but there were other guns that were left in the dust. Then again they could've just not had loadouts and it's effect on the game would be extremely reduced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

People are hyping this up and I know to keep expectations low because they still didn't do shit about the rampant afk problem :eyes:

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

With the boltshot, Sprint, and ordnance we are talking about a set of elements that are bad on their own but made worse through many if the other things added to the game. Perks and loadouts are the things that made them worse. 

The boltshot did suck regardless, however it's suck was exacerbated by the fact that everyone can spawn with one at any time. Remember maulers? As a gun they were as dumb as the boltshot, but you couldn't always have one. That was the biggest problem. If they had kept that gun out of loadouts I guarantee you it wouldn't have been bitched about nearly as much.

What I mean with regards to Sprint doesn't have to do with the running away thing. Actually I think that criticism is somewhat of a red harring. The problem with Sprint is the pacing and flow of the match is random due to there being 2 primary movement speeds. Players aren't always sprinting, which means that they're getting to places on the map and unpredictable times. You can't account for the variable speeds. Default sprint limited you in how far you could go though. The problem with the mobility perk was that that limitation only applied for some people. So now the problem of players getting to places at random times is even more random because you had an unknown group of players who could get to even further places randomly. The point is that, yes sprint was already bad, the perk exacerbated it's badness.

With ordnance it's kinda the same deal. Yes ordnance is already random. But some players only get one dice roll. Other players get two rolls. As such, the perk that allows this is giving some players an inherent advantage. Sure you could get two Garbo rolls, but other times you could get a Garbo roll but re roll and get like an incineration cannon. That wouldn't have happened if you didn't or couldn't re roll. The reward makes that perk potentially game changing as a result. 

And you can argue that this stuff allowed you to fight vehicles but at the end of the day, btb is one playlist. This stuff BLEW in team Slayer. I don't remember hallways packed with sticky grenades very fondly. 

You can turn your brain off to some of this stuff but just because you can doesn't mean the effects arent pervasive. Like, you could simply not consider that the reason you hot killed by rockets was because the dude who killed you re rolled and got them the second time. But that doesn't change the fact that that is both a possible and likely scenario because of the way halo 4 is designed. And that's just one example.

Also the DMR pre patch was more accurate, had a higher zoom and killed faster. It was objectively an upgrade to the carbine and br. It wasn't just filling a specific utility. It was good at almost everything. Which normally would be fine to be honest but there were other guns that were left in the dust. Then again they could've just not had loadouts and it's effect on the game would be extremely reduced.

The only thing the DMR had pre-patch was a slightly longer RRR. Its accuracy and damage was not changed. It fundamentally operates in the same manner pre or post patch.

And I can get the sprint argument conceptually. I get it. Call me a freak, but as someone who really only does play H2A and Halo 4, sprinting in terms of randomizing encounters or when they occur isn't exactly the issue with the mechanic. Escape is entirely the issue at any competent level. Because at the level where you have to begin hustling and playing like a freak, the lanes where players go down, or avoid is just as defined as any other Halo. Halo 5 was even the same, as much as one could rag on it. Predicting people and where they're gonna go isn't an issue at all after years of playing the games. As a mechanic, I'd rather it go, but it doesn't really make the encounters themselves a diceroll. It just enables bitch movement, which is more frustrating.

I guess at lower levels it may do that, though. Because people who aren't as highly skilled won't be moving along these lanes of engagement, but rather, over the empty space higher level players avoid. But at higher levels, games will still be consistent. And inconsistent lower leveled player movement isn't exclusive to sprint games.

Towards ordnance, you could come to the conclusion people re-rolled everytime they got something good, but again, it's one of those things where because Infinity Slayer isn't always a 100% guaranteed option, and Team Slayer with loadouts exists without ordnance, taking up a slot to potentially re-roll in one certain gametype over an all-rounder perk for all just doesn't really make sense. Nor does wasting one loadout slot to use the perk. Obviously people may do it, but in terms of how and what I've played, it just doesn't really make sense to.

Boltshot's for bitches.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

People are hyping this up and I know to keep expectations low because they still didn't do shit about the rampant afk problem :eyes:

I just fucking love how there is literally nothing stopping someone from searching and AFKing over multiple games. The only thing in place to stop someone is an idling player prevention method. But once you're in game, you can go for as long as you find players. Halo 5's literally kicks you after a minute or so. It's STINGY with how it does it. MCC does nothing.

BUT. Rather than focusing on this, they go with a ban system that goes 5 minutes for a quit, 15 for two, an hour for three, and then sixteen hours for the fourth. SOMETHING is fucked with these people there, no joke. OH, and that doesn't count how there's no barrier, so you can be dropped from a game once and then be banned for 5 minutes. Because that's needed.

• Like (+1) 1

Perks are bullshit.  There's no way to tell what perk someone is using, at least with loadouts you have the visible weapon.  And dividing all traits like that instead of giving the individual all of the perks is just a clever way of nerfing the individual while making the game more random.

Loadouts I don't see the point in.  At least as far as Halo 4 all the primary options are redundant with each other, too similar to provide any meaningful tactical difference in picking one over another.  Which you would think would be a good thing but it's not because it just means battles are won by someone's rifle killing 0.1s faster than someone else's based on a few feet of range.  It's better to just have a single versatile primary and close-mid secondary to cover all the bases.  Or for the options to be differentiated by utility instead of killing power i.e. give up your SMG secondary for a Plasma Pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Quit and afk bans need to be enforced and clearly presented with warning so that people understand what happened or will happen shortly if they continue down that path. Now I'm not sure if they receive information server side that would inform them that someone has a habit of just not playing at all in-game but if they do have a way of generally tracking inputs (many games do) it would be easy to identify problem players/trends given a game or two and then start to enforce AFK bans on repeat offenders. To continue searching there should simply be an opt in somewhere on the screen that you, or the party leader, has to interact with to continue searching. None of the above should be optional and it should come that way by default in basically any game with matchmaking experiences similar to Halo

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The only thing the DMR had pre-patch was a slightly longer RRR. Its accuracy and damage was not changed. It fundamentally operates in the same manner pre or post patch.

And I can get the sprint argument conceptually. I get it. Call me a freak, but as someone who really only does play H2A and Halo 4, sprinting in terms of randomizing encounters or when they occur isn't exactly the issue with the mechanic. Escape is entirely the issue at any competent level. Because at the level where you have to begin hustling and playing like a freak, the lanes where players go down, or avoid is just as defined as any other Halo. Halo 5 was even the same, as much as one could rag on it. Predicting people and where they're gonna go isn't an issue at all after years of playing the games. As a mechanic, I'd rather it go, but it doesn't really make the encounters themselves a diceroll. It just enables bitch movement, which is more frustrating.

I guess at lower levels it may do that, though. Because people who aren't as highly skilled won't be moving along these lanes of engagement, but rather, over the empty space higher level players avoid. But at higher levels, games will still be consistent. And inconsistent lower leveled player movement isn't exclusive to sprint games.

Towards ordnance, you could come to the conclusion people re-rolled everytime they got something good, but again, it's one of those things where because Infinity Slayer isn't always a 100% guaranteed option, and Team Slayer with loadouts exists without ordnance, taking up a slot to potentially re-roll in one certain gametype over an all-rounder perk for all just doesn't really make sense. Nor does wasting one loadout slot to use the perk. Obviously people may do it, but in terms of how and what I've played, it just doesn't really make sense to.

Boltshot's for bitches.

AHAA but it was the BR that was made to kill faster with the turbo update! Pre patch it killed slower. As did the carbine. The DMR was op pre patch but post patch other guns were brought to it's level or above. I WIN

You're not wrong when it comes to Sprint. However, you're looking at it from a more personal perspective. The bitch movement is one of the things that fucks with positioning and pacing/flow. Any time Sprint is used it is having an adverse effect on these things. A player gets into a fight and runs away from it to survive. A.) They are prolonging the fight itself, slowing the average kill time and B.) They are running away from one place to another. Are they sprinting that time? Or are they not? You can't tell, but doing either or both is fucking with the game. I am looking at it from a top down perspective. The bitch moves are an issue that contribute to the larger overall problem. I only say it's a red harring because I don't think it's the ultimate problem with the mechanic. It's just one of many problems.

Also with ordnance, were talking directly about the mechanics effects on the game. Whether infinity Slayer is something you're playing is irrelevant. We're specifically talking about the games in which ordnance is at play. Thus the argument of "I don't always assume that because I don't always get infinity slayer" doesn't work. That's besides the point. 

Not only this, but you could very well be the person abusing that re roll. Forget just "predicting whether or not someone used it to get a killing spree" (although I maintain that that is legitimate). Fuck, even I used that perk. It was one of my mains for Christ's sake. I can promise you it was broken as hell.

Also I dont know if I addressed this but I think reach was better than 3 with regards to weapon redundancy no? Sure there were dupes of some guns (mostly due to Spartan v elite game types) but overall I believe they cut the amount of actual weapons down. Halo 4 then added the Prometheans and all their crap.

Edit: reach actually has the same number of weapons as 3.

Is someone unironically supporting Halo 4's loadout system on TeamBeyond?

What the flippity fuck balls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Is someone unironically supporting Halo 4's loadout system on TeamBeyond?

What the flippity fuck balls.

It had positives. Just also had negatives overall. It got rid of having to deal with AR starts but it also brought boltshots and noob combos off spawn as well as perks. Ideally it would be just starting rifles/autos. Allows for the game to not have to cater to AR start or BR start fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you can answer, are they aware of the actual causes or are they aware of the "acceptable to MS/343i internal politics" causes?

Because we've seen some truly ignorant shit out of them over the last half decade plus regarding Halo.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It had positives. Just also had negatives overall. It got rid of having to deal with AR starts but it also brought boltshots and noob combos off spawn as well as perks. Ideally it would be just starting rifles/autos. Allows for the game to not have to cater to AR start or BR start fans. 

Ok, this I will give you. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I said half of this shit, first.

The only thing im granting is that AR starts are gay. loadouts are still stupid.

Or maybe im a misogynist???

• Toxic (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

To be fair beast isnt exactly advocating that loadouts are a net good. Literally says theyre bad overall...