CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think it should be free for those who already own it on xbox one. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

I think it's nuts anyone in here is considering giving more money to 343 for MCC

Halo on PC tho

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

I'm willing to bet that by 2009, halo 4 looked entirely different. By 2011 though they likely had most of the framework mapped out and that whoever made the TU for reach didn't work on halo 4.

They would've had to have had the framework down around 2010. I don't think they would've had it in 2011 with about a year of dev to go. Point still stands in the end that people working on the TU probably never worked on Halo 4, and Halo 4 had been decided by vanilla Reach well in advance to the point where changes that were radical could not have occurred. 

1 hour ago, VinnyMendoza said:

(most pc gamers don't go higher than 1440p because your eye literally can't tell the difference depending on screen size and viewing distance, framerate is way more important). 

100% of gamers can see the difference between 4k and 1440p on a PC screen. It's a massive difference in clarity.

Most gamers don't go 4K because 1440p is cheaper and provides higher fps.

41 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

100% of gamers can see the difference between 4k and 1440p on a PC screen. It's a massive difference in clarity.

Most gamers don't go 4K because 1440p is cheaper and provides higher fps.

While I agree that the reason people do 1440p for higher fps. I disagree with the first point. unless they are side by side, most people can't tell you if something is 1440p or 4k. same goes for fps once you hit high enough. show a random clip. was this 160 or 180, life depends on it, people be dying. 

44 minutes ago, Riddler said:

While I agree that the reason people do 1440p for higher fps. I disagree with the first point. unless they are side by side, most people can't tell you if something is 1440p or 4k. same goes for fps once you hit high enough. show a random clip. was this 160 or 180, life depends on it, people be dying. 

Most PC gamer's agree anything above 144FPS is redundant. 144FPS is about the highest you can go with an obvious difference in smoothness. Anything above is just icing on the cake.

Can you imagine CE on PC with 2v2, 4v4, and 8v8 matchmaking...  Unlocked FPS.  Ultrawide with splitscreen FOV.  Oh lord that makes nether realms tingle. 

There’s a good sign on waypoint. A decent amount of people are making threads TU or vanilla and luckily for us TU is being what people want the most. 

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

While I agree that the reason people do 1440p for higher fps. I disagree with the first point. unless they are side by side, most people can't tell you if something is 1440p or 4k. 

I'll agree to that for video but not for games. Even supersampling 4K on a 1440p monitor looks c r i s p. Noticeably so.

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

There’s a good sign on waypoint. A decent amount of people are making threads TU or vanilla and luckily for us TU is being what people want the most. 

I never understood why 343 didn't put the TU into everything in Reach originally. It made the game 100% better.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Ah, yes. I'd much rather play horse shit than bull shit

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • Salt (-1) 2

14 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I never understood why 343 didn't put the TU into everything in Reach originally. It made the game 100% better.

People are scared  of change and companies are scared of losing players.

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

They would've had to have had the framework down around 2010. I don't think they would've had it in 2011 with about a year of dev to go. Point still stands in the end that people working on the TU probably never worked on Halo 4, and Halo 4 had been decided by vanilla Reach well in advance to the point where changes that were radical could not have occurred. 

All I know is that Josh Holmes started at 343 in 2009 and talked about how their early builds resembled a more traditional game, something he'd have to have seen personally. The first level of the campaign had also not been done by this point. By 2011 what I'm saying is that the basic mechanics are done. At this point it's just refining and shit like that.

18 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

People are scared  of change and companies are scared of losing players.

Yeah. What annoyed me is more played vanilla for the stupidest reasons ever. The only exception was BTB. TU needs to be forced around the whole game.

32 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Yeah. What annoyed me is more played vanilla for the stupidest reasons ever. The only exception was BTB. TU needs to be forced around the whole game.

I agree there. TU fixed vanilla as much as can be expected. The only time I ever played standard was because as Reach died it became harder to find game in TU slayer so had to play vanilla slayer.

Just posting this here to shed some more light on the awful desync issues in MCC. This happens way more than you probably realize.

• Like (+1) 1

What Reach needed other than maps after the TU was an actual crisp strafe. The movement speed change in competitive settings was helpful but it could've been WAY more responsive

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

What Reach needed other than maps after the TU was an actual crisp strafe. The movement speed change in competitive settings was helpful but it could've been WAY more responsive

Honestly dude the strafe wasn’t all that laggy. And there’s a chance 60 FPS might help that out. Reach for what it’s worth is a big game and in some cases many games feel/look and play miles better on higher FPS because the lower FPS was just not how the game was meant to be played. A prime example of this is h4. H4 on mcc just feels right, like it was always meant for 60fps. And I believe reach will be just like this.

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Oh and if you love h1 you ain’t got no right talking about “crisp strafe” haha

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Oh and if you love h1 you ain’t got no right talking about “crisp strafe” haha

h1 literally has the fastest stafe in the series m8. also supports crouch strafing. 

39 minutes ago, Riddler said:

h1 literally has the fastest stafe in the series m8. also supports crouch strafing. 

Idk what you’ve been playing but that laggy ass animation strafe doesn’t count. When it looks like you’re sliding because the animation breaks that’s a laggy strafe. You can easily adjust the strafe acceleration in h5 to be as fast as h1 and it’s not laggy like that. And crouching don’t do shit in h1.

• WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

41 minutes ago, Riddler said:

I’m basing my views off of mcc and what I see from you guys little beach lans. That kind of stuff isn’t acceptable from someone like me, especially since I started with h3.

12 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Idk what you’ve been playing but that laggy ass animation strafe doesn’t count. When it looks like you’re sliding because the animation breaks that’s a laggy strafe. You can easily adjust the strafe acceleration in h5 to be as fast as h1 and it’s not laggy like that. And crouching don’t do shit in h1.

you go back and forth the fastest on halo ce. it doesnt matter what the animation looks like. what matters is you know, making people miss. and wtf dude ur delusion. crouching in CE does a lot like making people miss headshots or shots in general, missing beatdowns, breaking plasma stun, etc. crouching doesnt do shit in h3. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Riddler said:

you go back and forth the fastest on halo ce. it doesnt matter what the animation looks like. what matters is you know, making people miss. and wtf dude ur delusion. crouching in CE does a lot like making people miss headshots or shots in general, missing beatdowns, breaking plasma stun, etc. crouching doesnt do shit in h3. 

I've never seen anyone crouch mid fight in Halo: CE ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

5 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

I've never seen anyone crouch mid fight in Halo: CE ever. 

I do it all the time, nobody ever expects in and it throws their whole shot off during the gunfight. Only downside is that you have to remain stationary in order to crouch. 

One of the best things Halo 5 did was allowing you to crouch without having to first stand still.