CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

23 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This holds true for a few forums I'm in besides this one. Reach is their favorite Halo game. Sprint, bloom, AA's, none of it seems to bother them that much.

The halo forum is bigger than this by miles and I see tons of love for reach on there, Twitter, Facebook etc.

I'm fully expecting the title update to be omitted from the MCC version of Reach. It would be just like 343.

26 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I still think it's hilarious that even people who like armor abilities would rather play Reach than Halo 5 and still actively make that decision.

In Reach everyone has one armor ability (out of a possible five). In Halo 5 everyone has several armor spartan abilities. Draw your own conclusions.

• Like (+1) 2

Staggered releases is such a bad idea for population there’s a huge segment of casual gamers who will only play the game once and never touch it again. Just release all the games at once so we can retain as many players as possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

2 hours ago, Veta Lopis said:

Guys you're the only pro Halo community I know of, please help my petitions:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/bring-back-halo-reach-mlg-classic-players-unite/92648107-30c7-4b32-9d8e-34115d7da097/posts

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/discussions/0/1842441871276685509/

We absolutely 100% need the MLG playlist with v7 settings to launch with with the release of Reach/MCC on Steam. This will be the first taste of Halo for many PC players; we can't let them think that fucking armor lock, bloom, sprint double melee, nuclear grenades, etc. as well as the other ******** gimmicks of default Reach is "classic halo gameplay". There has to be at least one playlist dedicated to competitive gameplay or a lot of people will end up hating it just like what happened with OG Reach which saw a massive decline in player numbers over time. 

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

100k in 2012 isn’t low. 

Yes it is, especially when you take into account historical populations. I don't have the population graphs saved on my computer but it's a fact that Reach never surpassed Halo 3's heights and Halo 4 continued the dismal downward trend. Not sure about Halo 5 since I didn't buy that POS game or an xbone to go with it but I wouldn't be surprised if it continued the trend.

Edit:

Also:

>Liking Reach post-TU

BK detected. The only thing worth saving from Reach is the campaign and MLG playlist. Everything else can go to hell because frankly Reach was the beginning of the "WE MUST INNOVATE AND EXPERIMENT XDDD" bullshit trend that Bungie started and 343i has doubled down on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

They need to nerf jetpack or better yet, remove it entirely.

I imagine there will be 24/7 custom servers up running no armor abilities 

• Fire (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

Staggered releases is such a bad idea for population there’s a huge segment of casual gamers who will only play the game once and never touch it again. Just release all the games at once so we can retain as many players as possible.

Disagree. Releasing full games at a staggered rate is so much different than releasing content for one singular game over a period of time. Getting a full port of a series of games in a staggered fashion probably won't cull interest if players are waiting to play "X" game. I don't think a Halo 3 waiting player won't be knocked off because CE came before it if they never had an interest in CE. If anything, it'll maybe push people towards playing a certain game they never did before to bridge the release gap.

But, on the other side of skepticism, I kinda am curious on how hard the burnout will be for these games. PC or not, all you're getting is an upressed, better performing version of a game you've played for the past 10, to nearly 20 years. Nothing about it is new. Don't get me wrong, I love the Halos I play, but the fact it's going to PC doesn't somehow drive me to play more lol. It's just a switch in platforms at this point, and the latest Halo in the collection (4) is one that's already nearly 8 years old. I have played the utter SHIT out of the Halos I liked already, and I'd imagine so have most others who've wanted this, lol. What incentive is there for me to play more? Not much, to be honest. It's just the same game. Still wanting Infinite more. Basically the Halo 3 dilemma of late 2018 to early 2019, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I imagine there will be 24/7 custom servers up running no armor abilities 

I don't care for custom games. I want jetpack nerfed or removed for Big Team.

Summit, ninja, and some other big names in the tweet. This is huge for halo population. Hopefully crossplay means other regions (OCE, EU) will actually be able to get games on dedi servers in the same region, rather than just NA lol.

• Fire (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

But, on the other side of skepticism, I kinda am curious on how hard the burnout will be for these games. PC or not, all you're getting is an upressed, better performing version of a game you've played for the past 10, to nearly 20 years. Nothing about it is new. Don't get me wrong, I love the Halos I play, but the fact it's going to PC doesn't somehow drive me to play more lol. It's just a switch in platforms at this point, and the latest Halo in the collection (4) is one that's already nearly 8 years old. I have played the utter SHIT out of the Halos I liked already, and I'd imagine so have most others who've wanted this, lol. What incentive is there for me to play more? Not much, to be honest. It's just the same game. Still wanting Infinite more. Basically the Halo 3 dilemma of late 2018 to early 2019, lol.

I think if you're at risk of burning out / you already play MCC on Xbone routinely, you're not the target audience for MCC PC. However, I think the biggest perks for people like us is that we can put Halo on hardware more portable than an Xbone, and modding for this installment is probably going to be a big thing. 

I'm hoping you can still buy all the games at once at release. I imagine so.

Anyway, hyped af! My friends who stopped playing Halo ages ago are actually excited. Feels good man. 

6 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Halo reach I’m excited for, pc halo with FOV changes will be great. Uncapped FPS(there’s not a single pc that can run 4K at 144fps I’ll add so don’t go there).

Uhh yes there is, especially MCC which is all 8 year or older old games except H2A. 

They already run at 4k 60FPS on the Xbox One X, and a 2080ti is immensely more powerful than that. 

You can even run new AAA games at 4k 144fps if you NVLink a couple 2080tis.

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8741/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-nvlink-4k-120fps-gaming-now-here/index13.html

Reach. The last good halo title (post patch). Will def revisit that when the update drops. V7 was serious. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Ling Ling said:

I think if you're at risk of burning out / you already play MCC on Xbone routinely, you're not the target audience for MCC PC. However, I think the biggest perks for people like us is that we can put Halo on hardware more portable than an Xbone, and modding for this installment is probably going to be a big thing. 

I mean, isn't the audience for MCC those who play the game and are fans of the franchise and, forgive my slightly bitter, intangible tone, have nostalgia for these older titles? What's the other audience for Halo on PC? The people who never did play it and are just getting into it? I guess. Or the others who already had or played the game but sold their Xbox for whatever reason. The latter point's its own funky thing. But it's funny to me that the main audience for a porting of all the Halos wouldn't be the people playing those games hardcore.

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I'm fully expecting the title update to be omitted from the MCC version of Reach. It would be just like 343.

In Reach everyone has one armor ability (out of a possible five). In Halo 5 everyone has several armor spartan abilities. Draw your own conclusions.

Wasn't the title update made by 343 in the first place for reach?

15 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Uhh yes there is, especially MCC which is all 8 year or older old games except H2A. 

They already run at 4k 60FPS on the Xbox One X, and a 2080ti is immensely more powerful than that. 

You can even run new AAA games at 4k 144fps if you NVLink a couple 2080tis.

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8741/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-nvlink-4k-120fps-gaming-now-here/index13.html

Yeah the fact he’s tweaking shit and can’t hit that consistent 120+ frames says something. 2080TI, yeah most don’t have that GPU.

3 minutes ago, infraction said:

Wasn't the title update made by 343 in the first place for reach?

It was, which is why it would be peak 343 to leave it out of MCC. They clearly didn't believe in that title update and were just offering cheap fan service, otherwise they wouldn't have taken Halo 4 in the direction that they did and killed all the momentum they created by fixing Reach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

It was, which is why it would be peak 343 to leave it out of MCC. They clearly didn't believe in that title update and were just offering cheap fan service, otherwise they wouldn't have taken Halo 4 in the direction that they did and killed all the momentum they created by fixing Reach.

We will see. To their credit bloom is something that never returned after the TU and is at least for me the biggest thing about the TU. I can live with sprint as long as there is no bloom. But if reach has bloom still I am not touching it with a 10 foot pole. 

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, isn't the audience for MCC those who play the game and are fans of the franchise and, forgive my slightly bitter, intangible tone, have nostalgia for these older titles? What's the other audience for Halo on PC? The people who never did play it and are just getting into it? I guess. Or the others who already had or played the game but sold their Xbox for whatever reason. The latter point's its own funky thing. But it's funny to me that the main audience for a porting of all the Halos wouldn't be the people playing those games hardcore.

MCC banked on the nostalgia for the older Halo's for its success, sure. However, it's potential audience is limited to people who have remained in the Xbox ecosystem for as long as that game came out. The main draw of porting MCC to PC is its sheer ubiquity; regardless of why you left the ecosystem, playing Halo 3 (or whatever your nostalgia beckons) again for a small price on Steam without paying for the console and XLive and all that other stuff will be what draws people back in. The barrier to indulging in a game of Halo 3 after selling your console X years ago will never be smaller.  I don't have concrete evidence, but anecdotally, this seems to describe a lot of people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the topic of which version of Reach to bring back, I’d love Anniversary Reach. 

Both for 4v4, and BTB. Maybe add some of the better maps and gametypes from earlier DLCs to make it a more rounded “Reach” experience.

I think it could work, given that it really wasnt until 4 that every map was designed with Sprint in mind.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

On the topic of which version of Reach to bring back, I’d love Anniversary Reach. 

Both for 4v4, and BTB. Maybe add some of the better maps and gametypes from earlier DLCs to make it a more rounded “Reach” experience.

I think it could work, given that it really wasnt until 4 that every map was designed with Sprint in mind.

Anniversary invasion. I'm not sure how that would work but I want it.

Btw, ^ this is why these games coming to PC is potentially amazing. The enhanced creative ability due to the very nature of the platform. Nostalgia is certainly a reason why this is cool, but not the only reason. 

Like I said. If 343 came out and said "full mod support," it'd be the best thing they've ever done barring that they fullfil that promise.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm glad i was wrong and that it's coming to steam.

However it still requires a Microsoft account and that leaves me still skeptical about mod support.

I hope steam workshop is utilised for Forge maps and game modes.

• Upvote (+1) 2