CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

53 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Not unless Infinite is revolutionary and 343 doesn't know the meaning of the term.

no one here wants them to reinvent the wheel. they just gotta improve upon what was already near perfect

--- 

not crazy about having to rebuy the campaigns but mp being free will do

fingers crossed for cross play

• Like (+1) 1

Remember how all those people on Waypoint insisted that Reach should never be added because Master Chief wasn't in it? Hilarious.

On topic tho, if they're adding Reach Firefight, and since Spartan Ops is already in the game, they better add ODST Firefight at some point. I don't even necessarily want matchmaking or anything for ODST Firefight, since the mode can go on for hours on end. I just want it to exist. At this point, it'd be the only thing left to be ported.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

There's also no way they're doing 1) crossplay tournaments, or 2) separate tournaments for controller and M/KB players. 

I won't lie. Crossplay tournaments would be sick.

Tournaments on PC is a hard pass we don’t need to switch when consoles have been working perfectly fine also way less chance of cheating on console.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 4

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

The one thing that would of made this announcement better would be a release date for at least something. 

Or a price. Or footage. Or any sort of detail.

1 hour ago, Parskiozy said:

Halo is trending in Twitter. Dont see that everyday.

MCC on Steam is also the 2nd top post on reddit r/All right now.

People fucking care again. Where were you when mcc was steam.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'd live for a "paintshop" mod for the games. Creating your own custom skins. Of course, the issue of "people would need the mod to see it" arises. But, blah. I can DREAM.

Honestly, I'm just excited to play some of my favorite games with a renewed playerbase on a superior platform. Like I don't really play Halo that much anymore, even when I was in the discord with you guys I didn't play too much customs. Now its like I have an excuse to get back into all of it.

Granted, I'm fully expecting to get fucked in some way with this release, but still.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Honestly, I'm just excited to play some of my favorite games with a renewed playerbase on a superior platform. Like I don't really play Halo that much anymore, even when I was in the discord with you guys I didn't play too much customs. Now its like I have an excuse to get back into all of it.

People are severely underestimating how huge the install base on Steam is. Its an install base on 10's of millions of people who have been crawling over each other for years to get just Halo 3 on PC, and now we are getting every game except 5 on steam? It's fucking huge. 

xOjHrB5.jpg

That's 47 million people logging in to play games daily who for the first time in over a decade have access to the big Halo titles without having to use a specific store or operating system.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

no one here wants them to reinvent the wheel. they just gotta improve upon what was already near perfect

--- 

not crazy about having to rebuy the campaigns but mp being free will do

fingers crossed for cross play

I want to be proven wrong. So, so badly.

But Xbox is finished unless the next Xbox is just a gaming PC and runs Steam and Cheat Engine like one too. Halo Infinite also has to be extraordinary in every sense.

Am I reading that correctly in seeing that they're going to start with Reach alone for PC?

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

Am I reading that correctly in seeing that they're going to start with Reach alone for PC?

Yeah, then rolling out the games individually in chronological order, so Reach, then CE, 2, 3 4.

Each will be available for individual purchase, and I imagine you can just buy the whole collection when Reach is released so you get CE/2/3/4 for when they are added. They are going to reveal more and go more indepth at SXSW so I imagine we will find out more than, and maybe get a better idea of the release date and pricing.

1 minute ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Yeah, then rolling out the games individually in chronological order, so Reach, then CE, 2, 3 4.

Each will be available for individual purchase, and I imagine you can just buy the whole collection when Reach is released so you get CE/2/3/4 for when they are added. They are going to reveal more and go more indepth at SXSW so I imagine we will find out more than, and maybe get a better idea of the release date and pricing.

Am I the only one that finds that really questionable? Lol. If I really had to pick one game to start off PC players with I don't think I would've ever picked Reach. I'd probably start with H3 since its basically the most popular game and the next step in the story they never got to finish since H2 was the last PC release. Dunno why they'd start off on a bad foot

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Snipe Three said:

Am I the only one that finds that really questionable? Lol. If I really had to pick one game to start off PC players with I don't think I would've ever picked Reach

Likely the easiest as they were already working on adding it to Xbox at the same time. Also the only one not currently in MCC so less work ironing out current MCC bugs before a PC release since they can do it from scratch and make sure they do it right.

14 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Am I the only one that finds that really questionable? Lol. If I really had to pick one game to start off PC players with I don't think I would've ever picked Reach. I'd probably start with H3 since its basically the most popular game and the next step in the story they never got to finish since H2 was the last PC release. Dunno why they'd start off on a bad foot

You don’t realize how many likes reach. The only ones who disliked reach were the competitive community of halo and trust me that’s low. Reach still had high population for what it’s worth. Reach is a great halo to start off with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You don’t realize how many likes reach. The only ones who disliked reach were the competitive community of halo and trust me that’s low. Reach still had high population for what it’s worth. Reach is a great halo to start off with.

This is actually true. Halo 3's population counter counted everyone with Halo 3 in their Xbox and connected to Xbox Live, whereas I believe Reach's only counted people within multiplayer menu's or games so it was always lower.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Do the original Halo games hold up well?" 

lwUUb2L.png

Fuuuuuuuuuck oooooffffffffffff

At least people will finally have the chance to decide for themselves, maybe this can finally put an end to the sprint debate? Optimistic I know. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Guys you're the only pro Halo community I know of, please help my petitions:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/bring-back-halo-reach-mlg-classic-players-unite/92648107-30c7-4b32-9d8e-34115d7da097/posts

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/discussions/0/1842441871276685509/

We absolutely 100% need the MLG playlist with v7 settings to launch with with the release of Reach/MCC on Steam. This will be the first taste of Halo for many PC players; we can't let them think that fucking armor lock, bloom, sprint double melee, nuclear grenades, etc. as well as the other ******** gimmicks of default Reach is "classic halo gameplay". There has to be at least one playlist dedicated to competitive gameplay or a lot of people will end up hating it just like what happened with OG Reach which saw a massive decline in player numbers over time.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

27 minutes ago, Veta Lopis said:

Guys you're the only pro Halo community I know of, please help my petitions:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/bring-back-halo-reach-mlg-classic-players-unite/92648107-30c7-4b32-9d8e-34115d7da097/posts

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/discussions/0/1842441871276685509/

We absolutely 100% need the MLG playlist with v7 settings to launch with with the release of Reach/MCC on Steam. This will be the first taste of Halo for many PC players; we can't let them think that fucking armor lock, bloom, sprint double melee, nuclear grenades, etc. as well as the other ******** gimmicks of default Reach is "classic halo gameplay". There has to be at least one playlist dedicated to competitive gameplay or a lot of people will end up hating it just like what happened with OG Reach which saw a massive decline in player numbers over time.

100k in 2012 isn’t low. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Halo Reach DMR will work so well on PC! 

54 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

This holds true for a few forums I'm in besides this one. Reach is their favorite Halo game. Sprint, bloom, AA's, none of it seems to bother them that much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think it's hilarious that even people who like armor abilities would rather play Reach than Halo 5 and still actively make that decision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I still think it's hilarious that even people who like armor abilities would rather play Reach than Halo 5 and still actively make that decision.

Reach has smooth consistent aiming and h5 doesn’t.