CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I'd assume the customization would be the same as the rest of the series. Limited.

Even with limitations it’s not the biggest deal. Oh and if you don’t have HDD space! Stop being a cheap ass and buy an external hdd 2TB for 50$ “but I could buy a game with that money” but now you gotta delete a game to download that. Patience and gaming don’t work my friends. “This is just a generalize type of thing I’ll add lol”.

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Even with limitations it’s not the biggest deal. Oh and if you don’t have HDD space! Stop being a cheap ass and buy an external hdd 2TB for 50$ “but I could buy a game with that money” but now you gotta delete a game to download that. Patience and gaming don’t work my friends.

Yeah true. But even if everyone had unlimited HDD space I doubt this company would do more than the bare minimum :laughing:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Yeah true. But even if everyone had unlimited HDD space I doubt this company would do more than the bare minimum :laughing:

To be fair the limited HD space is more or less M$ fault. But then again it’s also on the consumer for failing to acknowledge 500 GB or even 1TB is not enough. I have 2.5 TB And I have enough games where I’m down to 1TB left. It’s fair to note also I don’t play most of them, some are played by my little bro. But I have these downloaded Incase I ever get the random desire to play them so now I don’t need to uninstall them.

19 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Regarding mcc as of late 343 has been delivering 

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Regarding mcc as of late 343 has been delivering 

I mean... they better lmfao... They shipped a broken product and took years to even address its problems... The least they could do is fix the game they already sold us.

18 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

To be fair the limited HD space is more or less M$ fault. But then again it’s also on the consumer for failing to acknowledge 500 GB or even 1TB is not enough. I have 2.5 TB And I have enough games where I’m down to 1TB left. It’s fair to note also I don’t play most of them, some are played by my little bro. But I have these downloaded Incase I ever get the random desire to play them so now I don’t need to uninstall them.

It's not on the consumer, lmao. Blame game does not work there. It's still the dev's fault for not properly compressing their titles. And if anything, consumer expectation should've been, and probably was the polar opposite given last gen. I doubt all the Halos on the MCC currently broke 20 GBs on the 360. And now they break 70 on the One. Nearly tripling your storage needs isn't an expectation I had.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It's not on the consumer, lmao. Blame game does not work there. It's still the dev's fault for not properly compressing their titles. And if anything, consumer expectation should've been, and probably was the polar opposite given last gen. I doubt all the Halos on the MCC currently broke 20 GBs on the 360. And now they break 70 on the One. Nearly tripling your storage needs isn't an expectation I had.

Compressing a games files can reduce content. Every game via pc has 40 gigs plus. It also causes performance issues

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Compressing a games files can reduce content. Every game via pc has 40 gigs plus. It also causes performance issues

Except MCC's titles have less content and take up more space, while suffering from performance hits unrelated to it. Look at ODST and Halo 4, specifically. You get frame drops, and less content for more HDD space being taken. Every game on PC being 40+ GBs isn't a display of content inherently, but generally of a lack of compression. Uncompressed audio files can absolutely bloat game file sizes.

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Except MCC's titles have less content and take up more space, while suffering from performance hits unrelated to it. Look at ODST and Halo 4, specifically. You get frame drops, and less content for more HDD space being taken. Every game on PC being 40+ GBs isn't a display of content inherently, but generally of a lack of compression. Uncompressed audio files can absolutely bloat game file sizes.

There’s no way to make those games 6-10 gigs like they used too. You have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to games these days. 

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Isn't the resolution a large reason for the increase in hard drive space? Halo 3 wasn't even 720p, Halo 4 was 720p, then MCC released them at 1080p and now they're at 4k with an increase from 30 fps to 60 fps.

Also does having to download and install to the hard drive directly have to do with taking up more space? I don't know I'm just asking

26 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Isn't the resolution a large reason for the increase in hard drive space? Halo 3 wasn't even 720p, Halo 4 was 720p, then MCC released them at 1080p and now they're at 4k with an increase from 30 fps to 60 fps.

Also does having to download and install to the hard drive directly have to do with taking up more space? I don't know I'm just asking

There’s a lot of files in these new games where a compression of files can fuck a game up. Some games simply had too much content for what it was worth. Compressing a game also can limit what you can add to a game. The fact is that games are bigger than ever, and what you want to believe is little is actually worth an entire gigabyte. You can’t just make a 60 gig game a 10 gig. And it’s also not worth the trouble of developers. If you’re not a serious gamer you won’t buy an hdd, but if you are you will.

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

There’s no way to make those games 6-10 gigs like they used too. You have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to games these days. 

Except this is porting a title that was 3 gigs on the 360 (ODST) to the One for 8 gigs. Where would a game that's nearly 10 years old gain 4-5 gigs by simply up-ressing its assets. Most likely audio files. In some cases, texture assets. Compress them and you'll gain a near identical result (At least in the case of TVs, as most people play these games on) for less HDD space taken. It literally is possible to make a game take little in the way of space for a change next to no one will notice. Would be better to be given this option when we live in a world with the current internet speed situations, lol. 

You can't tell me Halo 5's once 100+ GB install space was okay and totally couldn't be mitigated for the consumer through compression.

I also don't get this idea that compression will limit what you can put in a game when all it does is compress what already exists. Which in turn would free up space, not take it.

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

Resolution would play a part, certainly. Audio files more so. FPS is as far as I understand it, hardware based over software based. You're not taking space up to run it smoother, you're running your console harder.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Except this is porting a title that was 3 gigs on the 360 (ODST) to the One for 8 gigs. Where would a game that's nearly 10 years old gain 4-5 gigs by simply up-ressing its assets. Most likely audio files. In some cases, texture assets. Compress them and you'll gain a near identical result (At least in the case of TVs, as most people play these games on) for less HDD space taken. It literally is possible to make a game take little in the way of space for a change next to no one will notice. Would be better to be given this option when we live in a world with the current internet speed situations, lol. 

You can't tell me Halo 5's once 100+ GB install space was okay and totally couldn't be mitigated for the consumer through compression.

I also don't get this idea that compression will limit what you can put in a game when all it does is compress what already exists. Which in turn would free up space, not take it.

Resolution would play a part, certainly. Audio files more so. FPS is as far as I understand it, hardware based over software based. You're not taking space up to run it smoother, you're running your console harder.

A next gen console game requires higher gigs of content. Notice how the most ambitious games have at best 80 GIGs? It’s becausw simply compressing all these files can possibly do more damage. The customer isn’t always right my friend, this isn’t a restaurant! 

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

v7 customs are lookin' pretty hot right about now

Gold pro is way better. 4sk and faster pace and better maps. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

For 2v2, yes. 4v4 GoldPro isn't as robust.

3 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Is there any gameplay you can show me? 

3 minutes ago, Riddler said:

5 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Check anotherclutch’s yt channel but i think he only has one or two matches on it and its 2v2. There were also vods on vetoed and vapoureon’s twitch from 2014/2013 tournament but couldnt find em on mobile. U can google reach gold pro and pull up the beyond thread if u want the rundown in text

Ok I found a 1v1 using those settings and tbh 5sk is just fine. 4sk completely unbalances the gun in halo reach. Sure if you could lower the aim assist it be fine but that’s obviously not possible. 

• WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

It’s the same reason we wanted the h5 BR aim assist nerf the weapon was too strong for that level of AA. Reach dmr 5sk is easily balanced for what’s aim assist possesses. 

People deleting vods suck. 

4sk unbalances nothing lol. The only weapons in mlg/gp are gl, sniper, rockets, and dmr. Dmr is gunna be the least powerful in either version. Its just the dmr is more powerful in gp so you have more individual power and make better plays 1v2  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

People deleting vods suck. 

4sk unbalances nothing lol. The only weapons in mlg/gp are gl, sniper, rockets, and dmr. Dmr is gunna be the least powerful in either version. Its just the dmr is more powerful in gp so you have more individual power and make better plays 1v2  

Ok scratch that, the 1v1 left a bad impression but after watching a doubles game it looked like it played quite well.

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Ok scratch that, the 1v1 left a bad impression but after watching a doubles game it looked like it played quite well.

Here's a 4v4

• Like (+1) 1