CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

41 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

1. General statement.

2. I specifically said if you left because of the direction halo has gone then that’s ok. But other than that if you didn’t buy an Xbox to even play mcc or something, heck’s maybe the Xbox player is a bigger fan than you? 

3.then mcc pc will be one hell of a failure because any real pc gamer has a monitor with 144 FPS and uses that to its fullest. Unless the engine prevents it then that be understandable.

From what I can tell nothing you have said really contradicts the points I made in my original post, which is leaving me a bit confused as to what your stance is, but let's not forget how much of a mess MCC was at launch, I wouldn't be too quick to claim people who didn't want any part of that entire mess aren't true Halo fans. Also I'm almost positive that games that were made for the Xbox 360 aren't going to be running above 60 FPS anytime soon, if people are expecting otherwise then as I said before, they are in for disappointment. 

Edit: Didn't catch your ninja edit in the post.

"4. An Xbox player isn’t going to care what pc fans get, if they don’t get anything it’ll be a bit annoying."

So Xbox players, who have had every Halo on their platform for the last 18 years will be 'a bit annoyed' if PC players, who haven't had an FPS Halo title on the PC platform (excluding H5 Forge) since Halo 2 Vista, get a port of MCC in 2019? ...Hmm... Remember what I said about entitlement? Forgive me if I have no tears to shed for that kind of mentality. Everything you have stated seems to either have no relevance to the arguments I've made or in this case, strengthen the arguments I was putting forth. So forgive me if I ask, what exactly is your point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Totally agree!

Just imagine Ninja and Summit playing Halo Infinite on Twitch for months. Would make the game explode in popularity and population. It just HAS to be good out of the gate or people will forget about the game in no time.

This is a must for 343! Give all top streamers all the advertising money to stream the game for like a month.  Also make the multiplayer free, and pay for the campaign, like fortnite does.  

It is M$ and they have billions laying around so why the fuck not eh! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mow said:

From what I can tell nothing you have said really contradicts the points I made in my original post, which is leaving me a bit confused as to what your stance is, but let's not forget how much of a mess MCC was at launch, I wouldn't be too quick to claim people who didn't want any part of that entire mess aren't true Halo fans. Also I'm almost positive that games that were made for the Xbox 360 aren't going to be running above 60 FPS anytime soon, if people are expecting otherwise then as I said before, they are in for disappointment. 

Edit: Didn't catch your ninja edit in the post.

"4. An Xbox player isn’t going to care what pc fans get, if they don’t get anything it’ll be a bit annoying."

So Xbox players, who have had every Halo on their platform for the last 18 years will be 'a bit annoyed' if PC players, who haven't had an FPS Halo title on the PC platform (excluding H5 Forge) since Halo 2 Vista, get a port of MCC in 2019? ...Hmm... Remember what I said about entitlement? Forgive me if I have no tears to shed for that kind of mentality. Everything you have stated seems to either have no relevance to the arguments I've made or in this case, strengthen the arguments I was putting forth. So forgive me if I ask, what exactly is your point?

Hmm my point is their entitlement and selfishness is justified. You don’t like their entitlement. 

8 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Hmm my point is their entitlement and selfishness is justified. You don’t like their entitlement. 

And I explained how their entitlement and selfishness isn't justified, and you made arguments that either had no relevance or strengthened my stance. Consider me confused...

Also did you just unironically link a HaloFollower video?

Very confused...

42 minutes ago, Mow said:

And I explained how their entitlement and selfishness isn't justified, and you made arguments that either had no relevance or strengthened my stance. Consider me confused...

Also did you just unironically link a HaloFollower video?

Very confused...

How about you read the title. It simply is him rambling on that the announcement is on Tuesday. 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Ramirez77 said:

No PC gamer likes having to install and make accounts for tons of different launchers for different games, especially when the launchers dont even come close to steam's features and quality.  By large the only people who don't want games on steam are the companies making them.

Even if windows store wasn't shit it would still be a nuisance anyways.

But it IS shit, no one uses it, and putting this one game on it won't suddenly make people use it either.

Why it's shit, there's plenty of reasons.  I think the most obvious one is how there's no rhyme or reason to how anything is laid out or categorized, with AAA games thumbnails plastered right next to movies and shitty mobile games. People on PC don't care about Xbox services that just cause background lag either.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even have an in-game overlay.  Plus slow download speeds and reports of bugged downloads, list goes on.

1. PC gamers don't like a lot of things. But the idea that Steam should stay unopposed is stupid.

2. I guarantee you PC players will use the Microsoft store if it means they can finally play MCC.

3. Your last paragraph proved my original point. They need to fix the Microsoft store.

A little off topic but I just completed Halo CE in under 3 hours (using Halo Waypoint to track time) and I didn't get the Achievement. Is this a known issue? 

Edit nvm just randomly got the achievement, carry on 

Unless the announcement is patching in Halo 3 Anniversary into the collection then I don't really care tbh. I don't care if the PC nerds get the game or not because we all know they will just play the game for a week until they get bored. Give us real Halo fans something for once not Halo Wars or whatever your ignorant company thinks is acceptable for Halo 5 to still be the main game in 2019.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 6
  • Salt (-1) 5

Just now, Avenger said:

Unless the announcement is patching in Halo 3 Anniversary into the collection then I don't really care tbh. I don't care if the PC nerds get the game or not because we all know they will just play the game for a week until they get bored. Give us real Halo fans something for once not Halo Wars or whatever your ignorant company thinks is acceptable for Halo 5 to still be the main game in 2019.

Jelly School might have an opening, I'll call and check for you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

Still salty about Evo 2019 I see 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

Part of me agrees, but still pc fans deserve halo man.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Avenger said:

Part of me agrees, but still pc fans deserve halo man. I mean you’re not wrong a good chunk of pc players will not play longer than a week, a month at best. Project catogopher and halo online have a total population that equals to a thousand, sure one can debate because these are 3rdparty programs is the reason for their small population, so there’s still hope for halo mcc pc. But still I’m worried. Come on people shroud specifically said “Halos just a boring game”, regardless of what you may think but someone like him saying that holds a lot of weight. 

Another announcement I would accept (and might even be happier to hear) is 343 stepping down from Halo completely and handing it over to a company that maybe doesn't consist of amateurs and apologizing for permanently ruining this franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Imagine being such a dumbass that you care if people with PCs get to play MCC. Why the fuck do you care? 

If anything "real" Halo fans should be very excited at the possibility of playing Halo at 240+hz in 4k with mods at 110 FOV in all titles as God intended... One can dream. All of these things are far more important than fucking Halo 3 anniversary especially if you play competitively (why else would you be on this forum). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Another announcement I would accept (and might even be happier to hear) is 343 stepping down from Halo completely and handing it over to a company that maybe doesn't consist of amateurs and apologizing for permanently ruining this franchise. 

Lol. This and the "PC nerds" remark feel pretty salty. 

15 hours ago, Lux said:

https://wccftech.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-pc-2/amp/

Microsoft Store seems to confirm MCC on PC.

I don't wanna get toooooooo hyped, but that is "kinda" exciting. Ten bucks says this is just butt puckering hopes being given up, though. I lowkey imagine the announcement to be a major build update demo or something. For the customs browser. If anything, I'd imagine a PC announcement would be at E3.

2 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

If anything "real" Halo fans

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we can cut that shit out, lmao. Let's not gatekeep as an intro to an argument. It's flawed as fuck to think having it on PC is anything but a good thing, but it doesn't mean they're not a true or "real" fan. Whatever the hell that means.

real halo fans know that cortana makes a better waifu than exuberant witness.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

36 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Imagine being such a dumbass that you care if people with PCs get to play MCC. Why the fuck do you care? 

If anything "real" Halo fans should be very excited at the possibility of playing Halo at 240+hz in 4k with mods at 110 FOV in all titles as God intended... One can dream. All of these things are far more important than fucking Halo 3 anniversary especially if you play competitively (why else would you be on this forum). 

Do you even have a pc and a monitor that runs games at 240fps? 

53 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

does it upset you if he doesn't??

i do and I'll be shredding some halo 4 spartan ops in ULTRA HD my guy

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

8700k, GTX 1080, 144hz Gsync Monitor

Yeah I think I can run 2001-2007 games at 144 fps.  Most people who are serious about PC gaming have a setup that can, at the very least for much older games like these.

Only a small handful of games can even feasibly run at 240fps and the hardware needed would be like five grand and not really worth the investment for the minute difference in smoothness.  So no, very few people can run at 240fps.

Anyways I agree the multiplayer populations would be fairly small, even though those are terrible examples (a mod of a terrible vista port..cmon).  Truth is there are just more competitive shooters on PC and a wider variety to pick from, not to mention the competing fan projects.  However it would still be worth it for the campaign and campaign mods.