CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

16 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I'm not expecting mod support but it would be abaolutely amazing with mod support.

Still, even just being able to play my favorite campaigns all on my PC and toss the Xbox out would be nice.  Definite buy from me either way.

...but please no windows store, use steam guys.

While you probably don't get mod support in the sense of 343 supporting it and making it easy there is actually no way this doesn't get spread far and wide across the internet for free with people modding random stuff into it and running their own servers. It really would be cool to see 343/MS actually embrace what happens on PC though instead of fighting it

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

While you probably don't get mod support in the sense of 343 supporting it and making it easy there is actually no way this doesn't get spread far and wide across the internet for free with people modding random stuff into it and running their own servers. It really would be cool to see 343/MS actually embrace what happens on PC though instead of fighting it

To be fair, they supported mods just fine with Halo Wars, and Halo 5 also had some mods released for it. It was just a matter of few people producing mods for the games over 343i discouraging them.

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

To be fair, they supported mods just fine with Halo Wars, and Halo 5 also had some mods released for it. It was just a matter of few people producing mods for the games over 343i discouraging them.

Even if it doesn't happen with MCC, I expect Infinite to have mod support (or something very close to it.) 

1 hour ago, NAK said:

Even if it doesn't happen with MCC, I expect Infinite to have mod support (or something very close to it.) 

I expect cosmetic mods at best. I don't expect a full on trove of gameplay modifications.

I sent: “Friendly reminder to please:
Add KotH on Battle Creek, Wizard, and Hang Em High
Add Oddball on Longest and Wizard
Make Oddball 10sec respawns
Change custom starting equipment to "No" on Derelict and Wizard CTF to give us back starting grenades
Make Derelict CTF to 5 caps
Make Dammy 2 Ball Reverse Tag to 10 minutes, OR play it with 1 ball and leave it at 5min to win.
@Duck , pretty please with sugar on top.”

He replied: “Yeah, those are pretty reasonable suggestions.  Noted. 🙂

So hopefully some good H1 4v4 changes coming.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I wonder if we'll ever see ranked CE 4v4 on MCC?

I hope so. The good news is that the gametypes are pretty much ready to go for it. There’s just so many people that have no idea what they’re doing in it. I’m curious to see how it’d do.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2019 at 2:11 AM, Ramirez77 said:

...but please no windows store, use steam guys.

Or maybe they can just fix the Windows store? That's probably a better idea.

5 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Or maybe they can just fix the Windows store? That's probably a better idea.

Hard to fix a service that’s that trash. Putting it on steam be the perfect idea. 

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Hard to fix a service that’s that trash. Putting it on steam be the perfect idea. 

i've never used the store for much more than small office apps - what's the issue with games?

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Microsoft is one of the largest corporations in the world. If something is hard to fix on their Windows platform, that's not an excuse to ignore it. Stop giving them one. Thanks.

No PC gamer likes having to install and make accounts for tons of different launchers for different games, especially when the launchers dont even come close to steam's features and quality.  By large the only people who don't want games on steam are the companies making them.

Even if windows store wasn't shit it would still be a nuisance anyways.

But it IS shit, no one uses it, and putting this one game on it won't suddenly make people use it either.

Why it's shit, there's plenty of reasons.  I think the most obvious one is how there's no rhyme or reason to how anything is laid out or categorized, with AAA games thumbnails plastered right next to movies and shitty mobile games. People on PC don't care about Xbox services that just cause background lag either.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even have an in-game overlay.  Plus slow download speeds and reports of bugged downloads, list goes on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramirez77 said:

No PC gamer likes having to install and make accounts for tons of different launchers for different games, especially when the launchers dont even come close to steam's features and quality.  By large the only people who don't want games on steam are the companies making them.

Even if windows store wasn't shit it would still be a nuisance anyways.

But it IS shit, no one uses it, and putting this one game on it won't suddenly make people use it either.

Why it's shit, there's plenty of reasons.  I think the most obvious one is how there's no rhyme or reason to how anything is laid out or categorized, with AAA games thumbnails plastered right next to movies and shitty mobile games. People on PC don't care about Xbox services that just cause background lag either.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even have an in-game overlay.  Plus slow download speeds and reports of bugged downloads, list goes on.

I think you'd be surprised at the amount of people that play Forza on PC. Not that I have hard numbers or anything, but a few of the forums I frequent almost no one owns an Xbox, they hate Windows Store, but put up with it for games they like.

Would it reach a larger market on Steam? Most assuredly. 

For anyone else bored to tears with the PC maps in H1 8v8, we're gaining some headway on using the H1 8v8 Action Sack button for standard gametypes on medium sized maps (HeH, RR, BC and Dammy). Duck seems receptive to it, and so do most people. Currently the Action Sack button is unused for H1 8v8, and a lot of us feel like it would be better used for a different flavor of standard BTB, than inventing a bunch of whacky stuff to fill the space. If you like the idea, I'd greatly appreciate your support here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/hce-8v8-idea-check-action-sack-for-smaller-maps/5b8166ca-71b9-487a-b085-a9e40df03820/posts?page=4

• Like (+1) 1

Of course they add H2 Hardcore back  into ranked matchmaking and the population booms.  I've literally found more games in 3 days than I have in 3 months.

Look at MCC Feedback post on Waypoint and it's just full of kids upset that Arena gametypes and maps aren't in ranked anymore,,,

This community deserves nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

Of course they add H2 Hardcore back ranked matchmaking and the population booms.  I've literally found more games in 3 days than I have in 3 months.

Look at MCC Feedback post on Waypoint and it's just full of kids upset that Arena gametypes and maps aren't in ranked anymore,,,

This community deserves nothing.

It’s because the community wants radar. Most of these kids can’t handle having to have legit awareness. Heck’s all you need is a 20$ headset at best.

• Like (+1) 1

When will Xbox Halo players learn that the MCC PC port, assuming it exists, isn't for them. The amount of posts I've already seen on r/Halo (There's the problem...) stating that they hope the MCC news isn't 'just a PC port' is mind mindbogglingly selfish. There are thousands of Halo fans on PC that have been begging to play the rest of the trilogy on PC since 2007, and thousands upon thousands that have migrated to PC since Halo started to decline on console, the amount of entitlement I see from that particular community is absurd, this is the same community that demands Halo Infinite play like Halo 5, have sprint/other gimmicks, etc. without realizing they are the vast minority of overall Halo fans, meanwhile the remainder of the hardcore community are here begging to get their voices heard by 343.

The main thing I hope that comes from MCC PC is a massive resurgence of oldschool Halo players that make their wants for the future of the franchise known, and drown out the bumbling buffoonery that is r/Halo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mow said:

When will Xbox Halo players learn that the MCC PC port, assuming it exists, isn't for them. The amount of posts I've already seen on r/Halo (There's the problem...) stating that they hope the MCC news isn't 'just a PC port' is mind mindbogglingly selfish. There are thousands of Halo fans on PC that have been begging to play the rest of the trilogy on PC since 2007, and thousands upon thousands that have migrated to PC since Halo started to decline on console, the amount of entitlement I see from that particular community is absurd, this is the same community that demands Halo Infinite play like Halo 5, have sprint/other gimmicks, etc. without realizing they are the vast minority of overall Halo fans, meanwhile the remainder of the hardcore community are here begging to get their voices heard by 343.

The main thing I hope that comes from MCC PC is a massive resurgence of oldschool Halo players that make their wants for the future of the franchise known, and drown out the bumbling buffoonery that is r/Halo.

To be fair they’re entitlement is somewhat deserved. They show they’re true fans by buying an Xbox and sticking with halo thick and thin. Now not playing halo because you don’t like halos direction is acceptable.  Now you as a pc gamer could of easily of saved up money to buy an Xbox and play halo, your entitlement speaks words when you decided to buy a ps4 instead of an Xbox. To my main point is the entitlement and selfishness ness is warranted especially because why would you as an Xbox gamer care about pc halo? Population increase?(this is implying whether or not cross play exist outside custom games) Because I know there’s going to be huge complaints of pc players vs controller users. From my experience on project cartographer and halo online, controller users have an advantage over pc players on regular weapons BR, but pc’s hold the prize for sniper. Unless this port allows uncapped FPS(144) then this is gonna suck for pc players. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mow said:

Totally agree!

Just imagine Ninja and Summit playing Halo Infinite on Twitch for months. Would make the game explode in popularity and population. It just HAS to be good out of the gate or people will forget about the game in no time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Totally agree!

Just imagine Ninja and Summit playing Halo Infinite on Twitch for months. Would make the game explode in popularity and population. It just HAS to be good out of the gate or people will forget about the game in no time.

Ninja playing halo infinite would be a deal breaker. I just hope whatever bs abilities they add, that they compliment halo rather than tear it apart. 

1 hour ago, Mow said:

On a fair note is it can be frustrating knowing that you as a loyal Xbox halo fan was basically spat in the face. If they made a halo reach dlc announcement, or a title update, that be great. The loyal Xbox fan deserves something. I’m a pc gamer these days but I won’t deny the fact the Xbox halo fans deserve more recognition.

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

To be fair they’re entitlement is somewhat deserved. They show they’re true fans by buying an Xbox and sticking with halo thick and thin. Now not playing halo because you don’t like halos direction is acceptable.  Now you as a pc gamer could of easily of saved up money to buy an Xbox and play halo, your entitlement speaks words when you decided to buy a ps4 instead of an Xbox. To my main point is the entitlement and selfishness ness is warranted especially because why would you as an Xbox gamer care about pc halo? Population increase?(this is implying whether or not cross play exist outside custom games) Because I know there’s going to be huge complaints of pc players vs controller users. From my experience on project cartographer and halo online, controller users have an advantage over pc players on regular weapons BR, but pc’s hold the prize for sniper. Unless this port allows uncapped FPS(144) then this is gonna suck for pc players. 

I'm genuinely not sure who you are directing your comment at here, but assuming it's me, what makes you think I don't have an Xbox and chose to get a PS4 instead? Not sure where I implied that, but then again you might be making a general statement that isn't necessarily directed at me. Why is it selfish for me, or any PC gamer for that matter, who now plays PC despite buying every Xbox and Halo, to want it to be on a platform which would only benefit the franchise and help it regrow? Also the idea that someone is a 'True' Halo fan just because they brought the latest Halo and Xbox is flat out wrong, as far as the majority of 'Halo' fans are concerned the original trilogy is 'True Halo' proven by the fact that as soon as they deviated from the formula established in the OG trilogy, the franchise took a very steep decline.

Also if you are expecting MCC to have uncapped FPS you are setting yourself up for disappointment, but I would bet Infinite will have it, or at least SHOULD.

17 minutes ago, Mow said:

I'm genuinely not sure who you are directing your comment at here, but assuming it's me, what makes you think I don't have an Xbox and chose to get a PS4 instead? Not sure where I implied that, but then again you might be making a general statement that isn't necessarily directed at me. Why is it selfish for me, or any PC gamer for that matter, who now plays PC despite buying every Xbox and Halo, to want it to be on a platform which would only benefit the franchise and help it regrow? Also the idea that someone is a 'True' Halo fan just because they brought the latest Halo and Xbox is flat out wrong, as far as the majority of 'Halo' fans are concerned the original trilogy is 'True Halo' proven by the fact that as soon as they deviated from the formula established in the OG trilogy, the franchise took a very steep decline.

Also if you are expecting MCC to have uncapped FPS you are setting yourself up for disappointment, but I would bet Infinite will have it, or at least SHOULD.

1. General statement.

2. I specifically said if you left because of the direction halo has gone then that’s ok. But other than that if you didn’t buy an Xbox to even play mcc or something, heck’s maybe the Xbox player is a bigger fan than you? 

3.then mcc pc will be one hell of a failure because any real pc gamer has a monitor with 144 FPS and uses that to its fullest. Unless the engine prevents it then that be understandable.

4. An Xbox player isn’t going to care what pc fans get, if they don’t get anything it’ll be a bit annoying.