CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

When I say competent players, I don’t mean teams of 8. I mean people that know what the buttons do, reliably damage what they see, attempt to keep themselves alive, and have basic awareness of the objective.

If there were even a few of these players on the enemy team, you could not use the Warthog as an offensive tool. The gunner would die almost immediately. That is a fact. I don’t know what game she is remembering, but it’s not launch H5.

So to get the Warthog to a level of usability in line with H2 and H3, without nerfing the utility, I think you need to add protection for the gunner.

Thats the last thing i’ll say on the matter. Reading and responding to thesis papers on why bad vehicles are fine gets tiresome quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Hard Way said:

When I say competent players, I don’t mean teams of 8. I mean people that know what the buttons do, reliably damage what they see, attempt to keep themselves alive, and have basic awareness of the objective.

If there were even a few of these players on the enemy team, you could not use the Warthog as an offensive tool. The gunner would die almost immediately. That is a fact. I don’t know what game she is remembering, but it’s not launch H5.

So to get the Warthog to a level of usability in line with H2 and H3, without nerfing the utility, I think you need to add protection for the gunner.

Thats the last thing i’ll say on the matter. Reading and responding to thesis papers on why bad vehicles are fine gets tiresome quickly.

You can think that, and that's fine, but the Warthog's utility extends way past multi-kill potential, and it was fine when the gunner was able to be mopped up, because it still retained every other positive aspect, including the ability to melt one or two players.

It's not like Halo 2 or 3's 'Hog is inherently more powerful than Halo 5's, it's just a matter of your utility being so shit you can't defend against it. Which is what I feel now with Halo 5's garbage ass BTB BR, so, guess your wish was granted.

22 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You can think that, and that's fine, but the Warthog's utility extends way past multi-kill potential, and it was fine when the gunner was able to be mopped up, because it still retained every other positive aspect, including the ability to melt one or two players.

It's not like Halo 2 or 3's 'Hog is inherently more powerful than Halo 5's, it's just a matter of your utility being so shit you can't defend against it. Which is what I feel now with Halo 5's garbage ass BTB BR, so, guess your wish was granted.

Lol the h2 Br was just as good as the h5 launch BR. Killing a hog gunner wasn’t hard like h3.

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lol the h2 Br was just as good as the h5 launch BR. Killing a hog gunner wasn’t hard like h3.

What. I was referring to the current Overtime BR. Which has a slow burst and recoil. And sucks absolute cock against a Warthog. 

10 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

What. I was referring to the current Overtime BR. Which has a slow burst and recoil. And sucks absolute cock against a Warthog. 

Oh I know what you were talking about. And I agree the current BR is unacceptable for h5s gameplay. The old sandbox was better. Heck’s most will agree all the h5 Br needed was two nerfs.

1. An aim assist Nerf

2. A range nerf, the Current range is acceptable.

I hate how in every throwback playlist they keep the BMS slow AF! Use 110% speed damnit! 

10 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

the Warthog's utility extends way past multi-kill potential,

People keep talking about Halo needing a utility weapon for competitive when this whole time all we've needed is a utility vehicle.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

18 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

How's the DMR against vehicles in h5?

It’s great honestly, but that’s because the nerf the dmr wasn’t all that bad, although this aim assist change depending on range better not return in h6. Its honestly the stupidest thing ever, you won’t find a game that does this. But the Dmr hasn’t been a starting weapon since reach.

So I got a nice clip on MCC and went into Theater only to realize you have to save clips using the Xbox DVR (I know, I'm years later to this realization lol).

But whenever I record the clip, the playback shows no reticule (Halo 3). Anyone know of a fix? Was it like this in OG Halo 3 and thus a problem on MCC?

25 minutes ago, LimeSoda said:

So I got a nice clip on MCC and went into Theater only to realize you have to save clips using the Xbox DVR (I know, I'm years later to this realization lol).

But whenever I record the clip, the playback shows no reticule (Halo 3). Anyone know of a fix? Was it like this in OG Halo 3 and thus a problem on MCC?

Why not just play the part where the clip is and record it manually over using the in-game record button. Unless that is what you did. In which case I have no idea.

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Why not just play the part where the clip is and record it manually over using the in-game record button.

I thought that's what everyone did. 

I wonder how hard it would be to take the textures form the CE:A Campaign and add them to the multilayer in MCC. Would be cool to see. 

3 hours ago, NAK said:

I wonder how hard it would be to take the textures form the CE:A Campaign and add them to the multilayer in MCC. Would be cool to see. 

I wonder how hard it would be to take the CE sound effects from the original game and add them to the multiplayer in MCC. Would be cool to see 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NAK said:

I'd imagine very time consuming given the fact they're different engines and textures based around different geometry, so they won't just "fit" on top of old stuff.

59 minutes ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

I wonder how hard it would be to take the CE sound effects from the original game and add them to the multiplayer in MCC. Would be cool to see 

Not hard at all. You could probably do it in about six seconds provided you knew file pathing and had viable .wavs, lol.

6 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I thought that's what everyone did. 

You'd think.

12 hours ago, LimeSoda said:

I haven’t messed with Theater much on MCC, but on OG H3 I know you could fix the reticle issue by going into free cam and then back into first person. If I remember right the combo was Y,Y,RS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 3/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

Why not just play the part where the clip is and record it manually over using the in-game record button. Unless that is what you did. In which case I have no idea.

Yeah this is what I did. The Xbox DVR is simply the step after using the traditional in-game button to play the clips back as you can't in MCC once they're saved.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 AM, Hard Way said:

I haven’t messed with Theater much on MCC, but on OG H3 I know you could fix the reticle issue by going into free cam and then back into first person. If I remember right the combo was Y,Y,RS.

I hopped on OG and you're right that fix works 100%. But unfortunately on MCC you can't play back clips within MCC, you have to use the Xbox DVR, and it doesn't give you ability to do any theater stuff then obviously as you're not in the game anymore.

So I tried to do this fix before/during the clip recording and it doesn't work--it shows no reticle during the recording of the clip and the playback :(

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not expecting mod support but it would be abaolutely amazing with mod support.

Still, even just being able to play my favorite campaigns all on my PC and toss the Xbox out would be nice.  Definite buy from me either way.

...but please no windows store, use steam guys.

• Downvote (-1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

...but please no windows store, use steam guys.

can't imagine this happening but it'd be awesome lol