CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

23 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why should the Warthog gunner be safe? It’s your drivers fault for driving so close. The warthog machine turret does high damage, that’s perfectly balanced in my book. Tbh you’re right for the most part.

vehicles in h5 have high power but weak armor so I think that’s a fair compromise.

Ok I’ll admit the banshee flip,turn bs was hugely OP! But still.

I think the warthog gunner should basically have a Tachanka turret from Siege. Total protection from the front, head protection from the sides, and no protection from the rear. With a hitscan precision spawn weapon, it was pretty easy to pick off the gunner, especially from range. That's the problem. The driver can't make any plays when it's that easy to kill the gunner. And remember, the driver has to get somewhat close in order to get kills (which is good), so you can't shit on the driver for trying to make a play. It wasn't a problem in H3 because of the nature of the BR. I'm not saying I want to go back to that, but if we're gonna keep an accurate starting weapon, then the gunner needs more protection. Otherwise the vehicle is useless, as Reach, H4, and pre-BR patch H5 shows us.

Also the H3 Warthog was only as strong as it was because of spread and shot registration on the BR, not projectile. You don't need to baby the fanbase with hitscan weapons in the name of countering vehicles. If the H3 BR had no spread, it would have been plenty easy enough to kill the gunner. You don't need hitscan for Christ's sake. Just look at CE. Tell me it isn't easy as shit to kill the gunner. You make it sound like a little red reticle leading is asking too much of the player. It's not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I think the warthog gunner should basically have a Tachanka turret from Siege. Total protection from the front, head protection from the sides, and no protection from the rear. With a hitscan precision spawn weapon, it was pretty easy to pick off the gunner, especially from range. That's the problem. The driver can't make any plays when it's that easy to kill the gunner. And remember, the driver has to get somewhat close in order to get kills (which is good), so you can't shit on the driver for trying to make a play. It wasn't a problem in H3 because of the nature of the BR. I'm not saying I want to go back to that, but if we're gonna keep an accurate starting weapon, then the gunner needs more protection. Otherwise the vehicle is useless, as Reach, H4, and pre-BR patch H5 shows us.

Also the H3 Warthog was only as strong as it was because of spread and shot registration on the BR, not projectile. You don't need to baby the fanbase with hitscan weapons in the name of countering vehicles. If the H3 BR had no spread, it would have been plenty easy enough to kill the gunner. You don't need hitscan for Christ's sake. Just look at CE. Tell me it isn't easy as shit to kill the gunner. You make it sound like a little red reticle leading is asking too much of the player. It's not.

As someone mentioned earlier, the CE bullets travel twice as fast as the H3 ones 

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Like what the guy above me said, CEs bullets travel faster, this basically acts like a hitscan weapon depending on the range.   In halo reach the warthog was plenty strong even the TU which basically was as good as zero bloom if the connection was green bar. No joke you didn’t have to pace your shots at all on 85% depending on the connection. I think If reach released with the TU settings it’d of been liked more by the comp community. Although I wouldn’t mind some front protection and what not. I think like shields or something be a nice  idea

The BR on halo online travels at a faster rate which is why it’s hit reg is so good, it got even better when it was made hitscan in 0.6. The higher fire rate made the hit Reg better, and it still had the bs spread.

10 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

eldewrito was a blast

If only M$ didn’t claim copy right and shit. They only did it because the halo online pop hit 20k! 

7 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

If only M$ didn’t claim copy right and shit. They only did it because the halo online pop hit 20k! 

Or, yunno, the game infringed on different copyrights and distributed leaked assets illegally, lol. Had nothing to do with popularity, bar maybe how long it took to PR it nicely.

20 hours ago, Hard Way said:

How in the hell does one consider pre-patch Halo 5's vehicles useless. Even before the BR got shafted hardcore, the Warthog had a hyper-precise, damage dealing turret, Ghosts could murder you in open space because of their speed, strafe capability, and projectile speed, on top of driver protection, and Banshees, Wraiths, and Scorpions have always been insane. The Banshee was made more insane because of a shield, a quick flip speed, and momentum shooting. Vehicles were so far from useless it's nuts, lmao. The only vehicle to suffer was arguably the Mantis, which suffered from superb spread originally. But I'd rather have that than a vehicle that tanks damage and deals it out like Halo 4's. The Mantis also played a role on only one map, so it's an outlier. 

You could shoot people out of the Warthog's turret, entirely, but I don't see why that's an issue. Nor do I see why the Warthog gunner should have 100% protection against someone they're firing at or targeting. Why should someone who's being shot at be unable to defend themselves at a base level when they're ALREADY at an insane disadvantage, lmao. There IS a game that did this, too. Black Ops 4. The Ajax riot shield gave you a pretty precise, ass-tearing SMG, and a shield that defended you from those very angles. And it was one of the most unfun fucking abilities ever added to the game. Because someone could literally play like an idiot, and you could be a god and do nothing against that cheese ability bar maybe trading with a rocket shot. Because you couldn't deal counter-damage at all from the front. So someone could rush you with minimal consequence. We know this doesn't fucking work in concept, even when you're slower than everyone else. And it'd work less on a vehicle that moves quickly.

This isn't counting the fact the gun on the hog has almost always been stronger than your utility. It's a rapid fire, precise, higher DPS chaingun in everything but maybe CE. And CE is a gameplay outlier too, so I don't really count it, lol. The point of countering a stronger weapon like that should lay in how you're putting yourself at risk by essentially sitting in a turret. You shouldn't be babied with 100% protection just because you got in it. The fact you got IN it is that risk you take. It's the downside. Removing it just makes the Warthog dumber than it already could be, because then you're sitting in a low-risk, high reward bullet sponge of a vehicle that is already easy as hell to use and escape with.

This also doesn't take into account teamshot, team composition, holding angles, the like.

This is not a good idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Or, yunno, the game infringed on different copyrights and distributed leaked assets illegally, lol. Had nothing to do with popularity, bar maybe how long it took to PR it nicely.

How in the hell does one consider pre-patch Halo 5's vehicles useless. Even before the BR got shafted hardcore, the Warthog had a hyper-precise, damage dealing turret, Ghosts could murder you in open space because of their speed, strafe capability, and projectile speed, on top of driver protection, and Banshees, Wraiths, and Scorpions have always been insane. The Banshee was made more insane because of a shield, a quick flip speed, and momentum shooting. Vehicles were so far from useless it's nuts, lmao. The only vehicle to suffer was arguably the Mantis, which suffered from superb spread originally. But I'd rather have that than a vehicle that tanks damage and deals it out like Halo 4's. The Mantis also played a role on only one map, so it's an outlier. 

You could shoot people out of the Warthog's turret, entirely, but I don't see why that's an issue. Nor do I see why the Warthog gunner should have 100% protection against someone they're firing at or targeting. Why should someone who's being shot at be unable to defend themselves at a base level when they're ALREADY at an insane disadvantage, lmao. There IS a game that did this, too. Black Ops 4. The Ajax riot shield gave you a pretty precise, ass-tearing SMG, and a shield that defended you from those very angles. And it was one of the most unfun fucking abilities ever added to the game. Because someone could literally play like an idiot, and you could be a god and do nothing against that cheese ability bar maybe trading with a rocket shot. Because you couldn't deal counter-damage at all from the front. So someone could rush you with minimal consequence. We know this doesn't fucking work in concept, even when you're slower than everyone else. And it'd work less on a vehicle that moves quickly.

This isn't counting the fact the gun on the hog has almost always been stronger than your utility. It's a rapid fire, precise, higher DPS chaingun in everything but maybe CE. And CE is a gameplay outlier too, so I don't really count it, lol. The point of countering a stronger weapon like that should lay in how you're putting yourself at risk by essentially sitting in a turret. You shouldn't be babied with 100% protection just because you got in it. The fact you got IN it is that risk you take. It's the downside. Removing it just makes the Warthog dumber than it already could be, because then you're sitting in a low-risk, high reward bullet sponge of a vehicle that is already easy as hell to use and escape with.

This also doesn't take into account teamshot, team composition, holding angles, the like.

This is not a good idea. 

Tbh a simple Aim assist Nerf could of been nice or pistol only btb, and in the customs I’ve played the hog was quite useful.

7 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

This is not a good idea. 

I was only talking about the Warthog in H5, so everything you said that isn’t is irrelevant.

Putting a Warthog to use on Deadlock, Scavenger, Altar, or basically anything was a death sentence for the gunner. It was useless as an offensive tool. After a few months no one even bothered anymore.

On most maps the gunner is exposed to fire from tons of angles at once. If he has no protection from any of them, it’s too easy to pick him, and the vehicle becomes unusable. I’m not saying he’s invincible from the front, I’m saying he takes normal vehicle damage from the front. Big difference, especially with potentially 8 people trying to kill you.

Remember how unviable the Warthog was as an offensive tool at launch. Keep the accurate utility. Now present your idea for how to make it a viable asset to the team.