CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Sorry Hard Way, but the H5 wraith is absolute ass. As far as physics and aesthetics, that thing is the worst vehicle 343 has made(they haven't made a good one yet). Reach wraith is God-tier, believe me, I know:) Also, I still think Reach has the best ghost, by far. And that scorpion, 80+ kills here we go:)

It’s been a while since I’ve played Reach, do I don’t really remember much about the Wraith, but I do remember how clunky and slow and fragile the Ghost was. Say what you will about the power of the H5 Ghost’s shots (they were OP), but the thing handled like a dream. Same for the Wraith. Everything felt intuitive, from the turn speed to the trajectory to the boost, I think it’s the best Wraith in the franchise. Gonna have to call out your bias and lack of experience with H5 on this one. I know you hate the game, but they did a phenomenal job with those two vehicles.

Im curious to hear what you hated about either one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It’s been a while since I’ve played Reach, do I don’t really remember much about the Wraith, but I do remember how clunky and slow and fragile the Ghost was. Say what you will about the power of the H5 Ghost’s shots (they were OP), but the thing handled like a dream. Same for the Wraith. Everything felt intuitive, from the turn speed to the trajectory to the boost, I think it’s the best Wraith in the franchise. Gonna have to call out your bias and lack of experience with H5 on this one. I know you hate the game, but they did a phenomenal job with those two vehicles.

Im curious to hear what you hated about either one.

The Reach Ghost isn't really clunky, and its speed is good enough. (Note: Like Brad Pitt, I also played a lot of Reach BTB back in the day)

It is very weak, but not unreasonably so; a good driver can usually keep themselves alive, and get a few kills by picking their fights carefully. It's well balanced, especially compared to the overpowered death machine that is the H5 Ghost.

The Reach Wraith is annoyingly clunky, but it does a ton of AOE damage, and is a fixture of BTB; in Halo 5, the Wraith is far less ubiquitous, and even when it does appear, it's on maps that are not well suited for it (i.e. Valhalla).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

The Reach Ghost isn't really clunky, and its speed is good enough. (Note: Like Brad Pitt, I also played a lot of Reach BTB back in the day)

It is very weak, but not unreasonably so; a good driver can usually keep themselves alive, and get a few kills by picking their fights carefully. It's well balanced, especially compared to the overpowered death machine that is the H5 Ghost.

The Reach Wraith is annoyingly clunky, but it does a ton of AOE damage, and is a fixture of BTB; in Halo 5, the Wraith is far less ubiquitous, and even when it does appear, it's on maps that are not well suited for it (i.e. Valhalla).

This is why reach BTB in my eyes is the best(TU) you have a strong utility off spawn, and vehicles are strong but not too OP.

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

When Reach is on MCC, how many of you are down to play v7

Bold of one to assume I'd play that dumpster fire of a game. Teehee.

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

GP needs better maps for both 2s and 4s.

It literally has better maps than v7. 

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Play co-op and firefight sometime. It's actually so FIRE

#FilthyCasual

31 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Play co-op and firefight sometime. It's actually so FIRE

#FilthyCasual

The secret irony of my comment is that Reach is my most played Halo, lmao. BECAUSE OF CO-OP AND FIREFIGHT.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Hi guys, been a while. I recently came back to taste a bit of the H3 hype train, but I’m having trouble trying to ignore the inconsistencies of the BR, was the hit reg always this bad ? According to the game my best server is East US 2 with 80 me, I live in Costa Rica. 

Im just not enjoying the game like I remembered, it’s a bit frustrating. Sorry for the rant .

16 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The secret irony of my comment is that Reach is my most played Halo, lmao. BECAUSE OF CO-OP AND FIREFIGHT.

I don't like secrets.

5 minutes ago, Igs cubanex said:

Hi guys, been a while. I recently came back to taste a bit of the H3 hype train, but I’m having trouble trying to ignore the inconsistencies of the BR, was the hit reg always this bad ? According to the game my best server is East US 2 with 80 me, I live in Costa Rica. 

Im just not enjoying the game like I remembered, it’s a bit frustrating. Sorry for the rant .

Yes, it was always this bad.

6 minutes ago, Igs cubanex said:

I often question if I'm even on a dedicated server. Especially in the 2v2 playlist atm I come away feeling like I'm actually host sometimes and playing on 500 ping other times. I go to check all of the servers and the displayed latency doesn't really check out with the in-game experience. Funnily enough I had the best experience when they fell back on p2p 

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Igs cubanex said:

Im just not enjoying the game like I remembered

Ah the good ol nostalgia goggles coming off. A truly remarkable turning point in a young boy's life 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I often question if I'm even on a dedicated server. Especially in the 2v2 playlist atm I come away feeling like I'm actually host sometimes and playing on 500 ping other times. I go to check all of the servers and the displayed latency doesn't really check out with the in-game experience. Funnily enough I had the best experience when they fell back on p2p 

Yeah it’s a bitter sweet feeling, since the majority of the competitive players moved back to H3, playing H5 now feels weird because of it,  even tho for me H5 offers a better online experience. 

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

It literally has better maps than v7. 

Did I say v7's line-up was any better?

On 2/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, Hard Way said:

The ghost was shit. Almost unusable. Warthog got flipped by dmr shots and the gunner was too exposed for a hitscan precision spawn weapon. Banshee was only balanced against coordinated teams, and even still that backflip super-shot BS was stupid. Everything else was okay I guess. I’m definitely on Team “Utility Should Damage Vehicles”, so Reach BTB was okay in my book.

H5 doesn’t get enough crdedit for how smooth the vehicles handle, particularly the ghost and wraith.

Why should the Warthog gunner be safe? It’s your drivers fault for driving so close. The warthog machine turret does high damage, that’s perfectly balanced in my book. Tbh you’re right for the most part.

vehicles in h5 have high power but weak armor so I think that’s a fair compromise.

Ok I’ll admit the banshee flip,turn bs was hugely OP! But still.

H3 made the Warthog op AF because of how crap the BR was. I think it’s clear we need to have hitscan or high bullet velocity projectile a little bit higher than CE so basically shots connect like hitscan within the RR but outside it, you should have to lead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

H3 made the Warthog op AF because of how crap the BR was. I think it’s clear we need to have hitscan or high bullet velocity projectile a little bit higher than CE so basically shots connect like hitscan within the RR but outside it, you should have to lead. 

So the h2 br. Projectile speed is 300 for ce, 400 for h2, and 180 for h3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

When Reach is on MCC, how many of you are down to play v7

I totally would!

9 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Still better than competitive H4, and H5.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, Fixaimingsorry said:

This is why reach BTB in my eyes is the best(TU) you have a strong utility off spawn, and vehicles are strong but not too OP.

The main reason I loved h3 btb was because the maps and vehicle health allowed for a lot of really fun vehicle vs. vehicle battles. I get the complaint that the player too weak on spawn with the br but that never really bothered me. Like I just get in a vehicle or find a weapon or something. I try not to get caught out in the open if I can't get those things easily enough, use the BR or AR on stragglers if I can. Not a big deal to me. I get why people may hate it, I just don't.

Reach is probably functionally better since you can fight a vehicle while on foot a little more effectively, but I didn't find it quite as fun as 3s in an overall sense. Definitely one of the better BTBs in the series though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

The main reason I loved h3 btb was because the maps and vehicle health allowed for a lot of really fun vehicle vs. vehicle battles. I get the complaint that the player too weak on spawn with the br but that never really bothered me. Like I just get in a vehicle or find a weapon or something. I try not to get caught out in the open if I can't get those things easily enough, use the BR or AR on stragglers if I can. Not a big deal to me. I get why people may hate it, I just don't.

Reach is probably functionally better since you can fight a vehicle while on foot a little more effectively, but I didn't find it quite as fun as 3s in an overall sense. Definitely one of the better BTBs in the series though. 

Yeah I actually loved it when am enemy warthog was an existential threat to your team. It made vehicle play fun, especially in obj modes.

Warthogs are a joke now since a single plasma blows them up with ease. 

• Like (+1) 2