CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

The latter. He wasn't kidding when he said the game will be unlike any other shooter out there.

Portal 2: Battle Royale incoming :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Cursed lemon is toxic

The taste of my quips, you're on a ride. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 3

you know you really should show some respect to the AAA developer who makes millions of dollars will ANYBODY fucking think of the executives paycheck 

• Like (+1) 5

God, how dare our paying customers tell us what they want and get upset when they don't get it for 12 years.

• Upvote (+1) 4

On 2/16/2019 at 9:16 AM, Hard Way said:

The only guy on this forum that I have any sort of bad relationship with, I’d fuckin NEVER do that to him. It’s honestly hard to imagine.

It's me isn't it. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PolyG said:

God, how dare our paying customers tell us what they want and get upset when they don't get it for 12 years.

That’s basically how 343 works. They expect us to be 100% polite in are Critics. 343 still doesn’t understand halo doesn’t work with sprint, tbh sprint only works in btb, and no man cannons or teleporters will fix that people. Avalanche has all that and it’d still play miles better with sprint. They should remove abilities and keep sprint only for BTB. The only people who ever say shit like halo “feels too slow” are those who play BTB! No one says this on midship, pit, sanctuary etc, and there’s a good reason for that. Sorry but btb in classic halo honestly sucks compared to what reach and 4 brought regarding BTB.  

Sprint ruins BTB just as much as the everything else. People still run away from battles, the map flow becomes terrible, ground vehicles become too easy to board etc.

Pro tip: Don't design maps that have insane amounts of no man's land and you won't even need sprint.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, Basu said:

Sprint ruins BTB just as much as the everything else. People still run away from battles, the map flow becomes terrible, ground vehicles become too easy to board etc.

Pro tip: Don't design maps that have insane amounts of no man's land and you won't even need sprint.

To you, but ask anyone who plays BTB and sprint without is garbage, ground vehicles are just fine, reach is a perfect example of this. People running away from battles isn’t a huge issue in the Likes of btb, you literally are missing that guy at this point, or he was close to cover or some shit. Vehicles are hella op when sprint is gone anyway. Sprint has only been an issue on arena maps. And in h5s case you have sprint and thrust, and all h5 btb maps are horrible for vehicles.

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

To you, but ask anyone who plays BTB and sprint without is garbage, ground vehicles are just fine, reach is a perfect example of this.

Reach has awful vehicle balance.

People running away from battles isn’t a huge issue in the Likes of btb, you literally are missing that guy at this point, or he was close to cover or some shit.

Aaah a "git gud" argument. How is this any different than a guy running away in 4v4?

all h5 btb maps are horrible

At least we can agree on something.

• Like (+1) 4

Yeah sprint on btb maps is actually worse than arena in terms of balance. But the majority of people who play btb arent the people who care. Stick sprint on sandbox or rats nest or valhalla and it sucks. Sand trap would probably play better tho the map would still suck. 

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

That’s basically how 343 works. They expect us to be 100% polite in are Critics. 343 still doesn’t understand halo doesn’t work with sprint, tbh sprint only works in btb, and no man cannons or teleporters will fix that people. Avalanche has all that and it’d still play miles better with sprint

Problems with slow, vulnerable manncannons and Avalanche's poor layout.  Teleporters are faster and on Sidewinder after using all four teleporters you only have to cross two stretches of land that are no larger than a map like Damnation is.

The only problem with teleporters here is camping the other side, but there are any number of ways to address that.  Make them see through / shoot through.  Put them above the ground and have you drop out of them so people can't just backsmack/blast you the instant you exit.  Have the player only materialize half a second after exiting them so people are actually wary of teleporter exits.  So on, so forth.

"Vehicles are hella OP"...yawn...something something Halo Ce something something dead horse.

• Like (+1) 2

The problems with sprint in arena maps are still present and possibly exacerbated in BTB. The maps are huge and engagement distances are all fucked up.

I honestly think people only remember 4's BTB as fondly as they do because it was good relative to the disaster of the traditional 4v4 experience. Compared to Halo 3's BTB it wasn't anything special and the armor abilities & spawning with stickies made it way too chaotic. I also didn't like how the DMR being so effective cross-map made Valhalla from a favorite BTB map into a base vs. base DMR war with a large death zone in the middle. Halo 5's BTB is just a nightmare from top to bottom and as such it is basically not even a feature of the game in my mind

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Basu said:

Reach has awful vehicle balance.

Aaah a "git gud" argument. How is this any different than a guy running away in 4v4?

At least we can agree on something.

Reach vehicle balance was perfect. They were very powerful but there’s plenty of ways to take them out even with your dmr. Just most people are too stupid to shoot at the vehicles. Ok I’ll admit that was a “Git Gud” comment but people had to have been close to cover or something. 

47 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Reach vehicle balance was perfect. They were very powerful but there’s plenty of ways to take them out even with your dmr. Just most people are too stupid to shoot at the vehicles. Ok I’ll admit that was a “Git Gud” comment but people had to have been close to cover or something. 

The ghost was shit. Almost unusable. Warthog got flipped by dmr shots and the gunner was too exposed for a hitscan precision spawn weapon. Banshee was only balanced against coordinated teams, and even still that backflip super-shot BS was stupid. Everything else was okay I guess. I’m definitely on Team “Utility Should Damage Vehicles”, so Reach BTB was okay in my book.

H5 doesn’t get enough crdedit for how smooth the vehicles handle, particularly the ghost and wraith.

3 hours ago, ARUKET said:

I honestly think people only remember 4's BTB as fondly as they do because it was good relative to the disaster of the traditional 4v4 experience. Compared to Halo 3's BTB it wasn't anything special and the armor abilities & spawning with stickies made it way too chaotic. I also didn't like how the DMR being so effective cross-map made Valhalla from a favorite BTB map into a base vs. base DMR war with a large death zone in the middle. Halo 5's BTB is just a nightmare from top to bottom and as such it is basically not even a feature of the game in my mind

Compared to Halo 3, it was a massive-ass improvement, but that isn't really a high bar.

Halo 3 spawned you with one of the worst weapons, which just made vehicles supersnowbally, and way too easy to use at any competent level, even mundane shit like Warthogs. It made snipers a superb pain in the ass when you can't shoot cross-map reliably, and that basically slowed map movement to a crawl and made it super slow paced. You also have to rely on slow-spawning map pickups to have any semblance of a rat's ass' chance to destroy vehicles. Or, yunno, like every BTB map ever for 3, there's only one good weapon capable of doing lasting damage. One laser on Standoff/Valhalla in the center. Or you actually get good immediate pickups in both bases, like Sandtrap, which is immediately offset by the sole snipe that one gets to haul back to their base for free kills once the vehicles are dead, lol. Almost every single BTB map in 3 was horribly balanced. Either there's too little to deal with vehicles, it's lopsided, or on the case there IS something for both sides, the one midmap pickup can completely defeat whichever side doesn't have it. Don't get me started on the terribadly balanced maps like High Ground or Last Resort. Where one team gets more capable spawns and better LoS to anything worth a damn.

Halo 4 allowed you to spawn with a reliable weapon of your choice, enabling map movement past mid. DMRs, BRs and LRs, on top of spawnable Plasma Pistols could peg vehicles and destroy them or passengers relatively easily, stopping them from being an overwhelming force, bar the Mantis, which kinda sucks. Vehicles themselves had relatively low health too, which was great to see. This in turn also negated the overwhelming ease of use of most power weapons, as you could peg most people at range. And AAs were negligible. The worst offender was camo, because every dual snipe map turns into some kid sitting in the back with it and just getting free kills. Even PV isn't a big issue when the effect wears off at extreme ranges in BTB, which makes it a detriment over an asset. Everything else was muted in effect. Granted, the snipers on BTB were always pretty free kills when you could rarely contest someone with one, and dual snipe maps need to die in a fire, but it's the one super big detracting thing in H4 when your weapons are actually good for once and there's no descope for snipes. 

In almost every way, Halo 4's is leagues ahead of 3's BTB. I dunno what's so special about the latter, lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

3 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Here we go.

This is literally all that was running through my head as I wrote this. Fucking exhausting, lmao.

Calling Valhalla anything other than hot ass should be a crime

H3 BTB is just snowball city with how shit your BR is and how dominant literally every pick up/vehicle is. 

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

H5 doesn’t get enough crdedit for how smooth the vehicles handle, particularly the ghost and wraith.

Sorry Hard Way, but the H5 wraith is absolute ass. As far as physics and aesthetics, that thing is the worst vehicle 343 has made(they haven't made a good one yet). Reach wraith is God-tier, believe me, I know:) Also, I still think Reach has the best ghost, by far. And that scorpion, 80+ kills here we go:)

We know h3 and h4 arent good games right? H4 btb is garb because the point of btb is the vehicles and when theyre weaker than spartans, its not fun. And hen they are on a similar level, they dont need to be on 1-3min spawns.  Banshee is weaker than snipe in reach/4. And in 4 with ord drops, ur running two all game. The hog in 4 is a glorified mongoose because the turret is weaker than a dmr when the dmr usuer can head glitch or just has range. 3 people shooting the banshee at any range will kill it. This results in people not being aggro with the vehicles and it just turns into a standoff as you turtle behind ur side. The vehicles in 3 at least promote you to be aggro as you cant kill shit with banshee or hog or ghost long range. The h3 br sucks. But u spawn with the ar which deals a lot of damage. If they miss the banshee bomb, two ARs beats banshee. Now cue an organized team and vehicles in 3 arent a problem. Its just they are very good pub stompers. 

Tho if we had h4 banshee on a 1 min timer, thatd be fine.

Guass is broken in every halo game just btw

• Like (+1) 2

Top post on r/gaming today.

• WutFace (+0) 4

12 minutes ago, Riddler said:

and now 50k people think its actually true. propaganda too strong

Try /r/gamingcirclejerk 

• Like (+1) 1