CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

My point is when talking to 343 keep your negative opinions of them from coming out. 

How else am I supposed to make it clear I don't like them the vast majority of the time?

• Upvote (+1) 3

On 2/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, Riddler said:

I dont even remember frankie coming to this board. I just remember him essentially baiting flames from hardcore fans on neogaf from 2012-2015. 

Edit: lol just went back and viewed his last two visits (3 years and 3.5 years ago). 50 users of praise and one user makes a , at best laughable, flame and he rage quit the most active third party halo site and hasnt been back. He even commented how if you dont like his posts, to block/ignore him but he wont take his own advice. Wtf lmao. He also said the only reason he was here was because he was on lunch break. Well thanks

This forum was popping at the time he visited as well. A few of the threads were honestly hard to keep up with if you weren't checking consistently. It was a huge hub for Halo, especially for a third party (I don't have the numbers, but it certainly seemed that way.) They had an extremely passionate fanbase, more than wiling to help/give feedback, but people like Frankie couldn't get past their ego and actually listen to what people here had to say. How did that turn out so far? 

• Like (+1) 3

The only time I remember employee interaction with the competitive community was when we were discussing improvements from the h3 beta on the mlg forums and someone came in and said they didn't care about our feedback and what we were typing was "wasted keystrokes" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

The editing in that was actually somehow more annoying than the lens flare on everything Halo 3 montages.

• Salt (-1) 1

16 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

The only time I remember employee interaction with the competitive community was when we were discussing improvements from the h3 beta on the mlg forums and someone came in and said they didn't care about our feedback and what we were typing was "wasted keystrokes" 

Now that’s what I call being a savage. 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:26 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

No thanks. 

Hey buddy I couldn’t help myself either, that’s why 343 won’t ever listen to anyone here. 😂😂

• Salt (-1) 1

As far as I remember the majority of replies to Frankie when he came here were inquisitive with only a few that were deemed as 'negative' (negative in this context meaning you're a dev and have come here with only the sole purpose of promoting your game and not to actually build any kind of goodwill) He then proceeded to reply almost exclusively to these 'negative' comments and then used that as an excuse to never come back here again. Also the response to Frankie's posts were almost all overwhelmingly positive (if you base that off the rep system) most likely because people here genuinely wanted to build some goodwill between the competitive community and 343, but it turned out Frankie had another agenda.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mow said:

As far as I remember the majority of replies to Frankie when he came here were inquisitive with only a few that were deemed as 'negative' (negative in this context meaning you're a dev and have come here with only the sole purpose of promoting your game and not to actually build any kind of goodwill) He then proceeded to reply almost exclusively to these 'negative' comments and then used that as an excuse to never come back here again. Also the response to Frankie's posts were almost all overwhelmingly positive (if you base that off the rep system) most likely because people here genuinely wanted to build some goodwill between the competitive community and 343, but it turned out Frankie had another agenda.

It’s like I said earlier if one person ONE fucks it up, they fucked it up for everyone. Come on there was one guy who didn’t get hired at 343 simply because in the PAST he made a shit talking video of 343. And he would of been a great map designer 

34 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s like I said earlier if one person ONE fucks it up, they fucked it up for everyone. Come on there was one guy who didn’t get hired at 343 simply because in the PAST he made a shit talking video of 343. And he would of been a great map designer 

Wasnt that MultiLockOn?

Just now, John McGrath Sr said:

Wasnt that MultiLockOn?

Yeah, that was him. Thing is, him not getting that job is probably the best thing to ever happen to him in his life. At least, until his game is made.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

If he would have been allowed to do his thing, he could have been such an incredible force for good for Halo though. I’m still torn on which way I’d prefer to see it go. That’ll have to wait until I see his game I guess.

And Fix, it wasn’t a video. It was an anonymous coward linking specific posts in his TB post history after he had already been hired. We’d all be fucked if we had someone with enough of a vendetta to pull that shit. It’s still hard to comprehend how sad of a human being you’d have to be to go out of your way to fuck over a stranger on the internet out of their dream job because you don’t like their posts. The only guy on this forum that I have any sort of bad relationship with, I’d fuckin NEVER do that to him. It’s honestly hard to imagine.

I thought it was a video, and i was sure it was Multi here but I wasn’t positive. And yes it’s fucked up, but multi here even made a video of how he “ fucked” up lol(probably only to make people think he was sorry but I know I wouldn’t be) These days people will find an anti gay post you made 10 years ago just to fuck someone over, look at Kevin heart not being able to do the Emmy rewards. Look I know you guys don’t like what I’m saying but listen it really really does take ONE guy to say that ONE thing and all your hard work is done.

on a side note what game is Multi working on? Do you have a link? 

Y’all notice how I point out tommy Kost a lot when I say don’t be him.

the guy knows halo better than anyone, I believe if his ideas were implemented it’d improve halo big time. But his videos are always full of those nasty remarks regarding 343. 343 is this company that literally can’t handle it! Look at the halo forums, how many classic fans do you know have been permanently banned on there? Making even a nasty reminder of how shit 343 is bannable there. 343 wants the cute cuddly bullshit criticism, and unfortunately most of those critics are the ones who like their new bullshit! 

42 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Y’all notice how I point out tommy Kost a lot when I say don’t be him.

the guy knows halo better than anyone, I believe if his ideas were implemented it’d improve halo big time. But his videos are always full of those nasty remarks regarding 343. 343 is this company that literally can’t handle it! Look at the halo forums, how many classic fans do you know have been permanently banned on there? Making even a nasty reminder of how shit 343 is bannable there. 343 wants the cute cuddly bullshit criticism, and unfortunately most of those critics are the ones who like their new bullshit! 

That was probably the worst point you could have made. Tommy kost pulled on 343’s coat sleeve from april to september. He left when they started removing all the features we worked hard to convince 343 to add (mainly team matching for kost). He makes a video blasting 343 in the ass over dedis, and that specific change happens next update because of that video. He didnt just come out guns blazing when it supposedly mattered. 

There is no amount of cuddly bullshit that will save halo. The only thing that has been proven to work at all is being loud, regardless if its polite or rude. People have always and will always flame 343 on both sides, yet 343 has to pick one. People flame their ass on twitter, waypoint, and neogaf but they dont leave those forums. Im willing to bet that 343 needs to actually ask permision to post on these boards, for every post. 

Also multi is working on an unannounced game. So he cant say anything. 

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’m honestly curious what game Multi is working on.

I won't share much, but I can say it'll be revolutionary. 

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I won't share much, but I can say it'll be revolutionary. 

Revolutionary in like a "Tenacious D is the greatest band in the world" kind of way? Or actual, new and well thought out concepts that gaming either hasn't seen at all or has only seen in limited application?

Holy quad post calm down fixaiming.

7 hours ago, Hard Way said:

And Fix, it wasn’t a video. It was an anonymous coward linking specific posts in his TB post history after he had already been hired. We’d all be fucked if we had someone with enough of a vendetta to pull that shit. It’s still hard to comprehend how sad of a human being you’d have to be to go out of your way to fuck over a stranger on the internet out of their dream job because you don’t like their posts. The only guy on this forum that I have any sort of bad relationship with, I’d fuckin NEVER do that to him. It’s honestly hard to imagine.

While one could argue it's cowardly, I also would argue it's kinda shortsighted to base your online persona and business portfolio around the same username where you absolutely trash on, and dick on the same company you're being considered for. On top of making a post about being hired there that absolutely would paint a target on your back if people had any dislike of you. Someone was desperate to do that, sure. But it was made realllllly easy to do.

In other news, holy hell do the bans for quitting need to be redefined. Or downright dropped. The fact I can lag out or be dropped and be banned for five minutes IMMEDIATELY is nuts. ALSO, as a test a while back, myself and a friend found out ban #4 (Coming after a 1 hour ban for #3) is about 16 hours. THAT is something else, and does nothing but shove people away from playing your game. Design a game that doesn't make people quit, over punishing harshly for them quitting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Revolutionary in like a "Tenacious D is the greatest band in the world" kind of way? Or actual, new and well thought out concepts that gaming either hasn't seen at all or has only seen in limited application?

The latter. He wasn't kidding when he said the game will be unlike any other shooter out there.