CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I was here when frank o Connor came and asked questions, he wasn’t really met with respect. You guys act like tommy when asking your questions. 

There were 20+ people talking to him in a civil manner and one guy made a snarky remark and Frank of course didn't answer any legitimate question, cherry picked that one "mean" comment, threw a massive tantrum and left. Hasn't been back since.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

He was shown the same "respect" that he gave. They straight up ruined Halo with garbage ass Halo 4, Halo 5, and a broken MCC. They are finally gaining some respect from me with their updates to MCC. What I really like is that it wasn't a one and done update for optics. It's a work in progress and those working on it seem passionate about wanting to improve the game. Actually gives me some hope for Infinite. But if they dare give us another sprint Halo, or any kind of armor/spartan abilities, I refuse to buy it. Original formula or I'll just stick with MCC.

Frank always came off like an arrogant snob anyways if I am being honest. So a couple people on a message board had some harsh things to say about you and your company (things that were honestly rather justified.) Instead of taking the high ground he just focused on those people and used it as an excuse to leave. What did he expect, that some of the most die-hard fans of a game that his company was running into the ground were going to shower him with praise and respect just because he "graced" us with his presence? 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I was here when frank o Connor came and asked questions, he wasn’t really met with respect. You guys act like tommy when asking your questions. 

Frank O' Connor never came and asked questions or looked for honest feedback. He came to spew sarcastic, snide comments and mislead people about the games. When he was met with the same tone, he threw a fit and quit. He picked up his ball and went home. We weren't the ones acting like "Tommy" here. 

• Like (+1) 9

I dont even remember frankie coming to this board. I just remember him essentially baiting flames from hardcore fans on neogaf from 2012-2015. 

Edit: lol just went back and viewed his last two visits (3 years and 3.5 years ago). 50 users of praise and one user makes a , at best laughable, flame and he rage quit the most active third party halo site and hasnt been back. He even commented how if you dont like his posts, to block/ignore him but he wont take his own advice. Wtf lmao. He also said the only reason he was here was because he was on lunch break. Well thanks

• Like (+1) 6

I'm surprised you don't remember, in terms of developer interaction his time on the forum was a very immersive experience. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm surprised you don't remember, in terms of developer interaction his time on the forum was a very immersive experience. 

If only we had a developer who had thick skin. Heck if only we had a dev that had skin as thick as 1cm. Seems like every dev halo has is a sponge. The runescape lead dev will literally reply to 1000 tweets a week no matter how stupid and takes every semi serious reply seriously. Its not his job. @jagexash. Even If youve never played the game, read through his tweet replies from just today and look at the level of detail he gives. And hes done that for the past 5 fucking years. If halo had a dev that was 1% of this guy, itd be life/game changing. He spills his guts and actually listens to every feedback he gets and it has shaped the game. And if the players dont like it, he doenst implement it into the game. Like holy fuck 

• Like (+1) 4

You really don't have to listen to anyone when you've got daddy MSFT's money and whole corporate backdrop behind you, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, NAK said:

Frank has always came off like an arrogant snob anyways if I am being honest. So a couple people on a message board hard some harsh things to say about you and your company (things that were honestly rather justified.) Instead of taking the high ground he just focused on those people and used it as an excuse to leave. What did he expect, that some of the most die-hard fans of a game that his company was running into the ground were going to shower him with praise and respect just because he "graced" us with his presence? 

I don't think anyone expected that, but the place can be quite a cesspool, so I can see why one wouldn't engage for so long, lol. Even outside of general cordial interactions with the devs. Not really any secret, either.

You all act as if that one comment wasn’t enough. You’re annoyed by the fact are halo devs can take someone telling them  the truth will a little snarky comments(which I’ll admit are indeed justified). But the fact is, this is what we’ve got, these are the decision makers of halo. I know its hard to swallow, I know most of you come from that background where you eat mud as a kid and shit, but these devs didn’t. The fact is the people here can’t help themselves when it comes to 343 because deep down you’re frustrated and you want to be constructive but you still have a need to tell them how shitty of a job they’ve done regarding halo. Like I said these are the guys we got. Want something better, become a billionaire and buy the halo IP.

• Downvote (-1) 3

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You all act as if that one comment wasn’t enough. You’re annoyed by the fact are halo devs can take someone telling them  the truth will a little snarky comments(which I’ll admit are indeed justified). But the fact is, this is what we’ve got, these are the decision makers of halo. I know its hard to swallow, I know most of you come from that background where you eat mud as a kid and shit, but these devs didn’t. The fact is the people here can’t help themselves when it comes to 343 because deep down you’re frustrated and you want to be constructive but you still have a need to tell them how shitty of a job they’ve done regarding halo. Like I said these are the guys we got. Want something better, become a billionaire and buy the halo IP.

It wasn't enough, that's the point. When Frankie was here, there were quite literally nothing but constructive, respectful, and meaningful posts and dialogue. And then, as everyone has pointed out, there was quite literally one singular guy who got neg bombed to hell with whatever he said (I forget off the top of my head because it was so long ago) and then he decided to cherry pick that response from and basically throw a blanket over the entire community and basically call us toxic.

I remember replying in that scenario as well and pointing out specifically the fact that he got negged so heavily; as that is usually the universal Team Beyond symbol for: We don't fuck with that guy

So again, no it wasn't enough, because it wasn't anyone "telling them the truth" or whatever you're referring to. It was a single poster just being a nuisance; and there was nothing factual or remotely meaningful about what he said. He was just talking shit. So I'm actually not even sure of what you're talking about in reference to that. Nothing he said was "justified."

• Like (+1) 5

54 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Your analytical prowess is on par with vox or buzzfeed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Why insult Buzzfeed like that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna say my opinion on this. There are only a few people that could translate over to top teams in H2PC community. And it doesn't matter because there isn't a scene to work with anyways lol. I'm not gonna say any of us are the best because halo 2 is dead. We dont have any competitors to work with compared to how halo 3 is booming right now. Aside from that, in my opinion, I wouldn't want 343 to come work with H2PC community because I dont want it to get taken down just like halo online. We have a very small group of loyal players that still play Halo 2. So, if you ever want an invite to get in on these games go to twitch.tv/havok_live when hes online  and ask for an invite to the discord where we can schedule games. Peace.

• Upvote (+1) 3

11 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

12 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

It wasn't enough, that's the point. When Frankie was here, there were quite literally nothing but constructive, respectful, and meaningful posts and dialogue. And then, as everyone has pointed out, there was quite literally one singular guy who got neg bombed to hell with whatever he said (I forget off the top of my head because it was so long ago) and then he decided to cherry pick that response from and basically throw a blanket over the entire community and basically call us toxic.

I remember replying in that scenario as well and pointing out specifically the fact that he got negged so heavily; as that is usually the universal Team Beyond symbol for: We don't fuck with that guy

So again, no it wasn't enough, because it wasn't anyone "telling them the truth" or whatever you're referring to. It was a single poster just being a nuisance; and there was nothing factual or remotely meaningful about what he said. He was just talking shit. So I'm actually not even sure of what you're talking about in reference to that. Nothing he said was "justified."

And that’s all it TOOK! ONE guy ruined everything. It’s like military style, if ONE guy fucks up you’re all running LAPS! 

• Downvote (-1) 1

11 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Why insult Buzzfeed like that?

Why act like you’re a genius when you’re not. You fools here just don’t realize who you’re dealing with. I at least know the kind of people at 343 and even one insult is all it takes for them to 1. Stop listening, and 2. Act like you never said anything constructive.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Hasn't this been the case with literally every single community facing 343 member dating all the way back to when this place was The Halo Council?   I don't know what it is about becoming a 343 employee but it's like these people are allergic to discourse with the community unless it's on Reddit or Twitter.  And even then they are quick to block or mute people who don't blindly praise all their words and actions.  On Waypoint, you don't see 343 staff posting (sans Postums currently), it's usually their forum monitors who carry the ban happy torch and silence anyone that criticizes the company or their games.  It's easy to tailor feedback and community interaction when you as a developer put yourself in a bubble and only listen to people with positive, surface level posts.

The fluff 343 fuels themselves with are things like IGN ratings and awards while ignoring how critically this franchise has been dying since Reach.  You don't have to acknowledge the problems if you just pretend they don't exist right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The simple reason why we don’t get answers from 343 employees who visit is that we ask the hard questions. That’s why I respect Josh Holmes for his “immersion” post despite not agreeing with what his team decided on. He knew we would grill him, but posted here anyway. I also like to think he chose not to come back not just because he was leaving to make his own studio, but because he knew we were right and couldn’t do a thing about it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I’ll never forget the time leading up to h5 release, we had a ton of 343 members in here. Discussing actual gameplay mechanics, defending their design decisions and making the case on why we should buy the game. Although I disagreed with what they were saying, I enjoyed that little time of developer interaction. It felt like a small step forward. 

Then mysteriously the very day H5 launched, all the 343 members $uddenly disappeared. I’m almo$t 4 year$ into my  inve$tigation, I’m $ure I’ll come up with an an$wer $oon.... 

• Upvote (+1) 6

^ Don't forget how they refused to even acknowledge MCC's existence. 

"That's not my department." 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

^ Don't forget how they refused to even acknowledge MCC's existence. 

"That's not my department." 

That good old corporate stonewalling. I suspect we “might” get another 343 visitor as infinite draws closer to release. You know around that funny time all the major design decisions are already final, so our feedback will basically be pointless. Can’t wait. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So your point is...?

My point is when talking to 343 keep your negative opinions of them from coming out. 

• Downvote (-1) 1