CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, I get the mentality from the business side of things. Allocate resources to fixing Halo 3 on top of general game stability as the community that remains likes Halo 3. But that isn't the community's fault CE and 2 are still pretty busted. Most of the complaints for those games have been spoken of during 2014/15. You don't hear much on it anymore because those people who did complain are gone, not that they didn't exist. They tried, got nothing, and left. Or well, they got some fixes, but even with someone from the PC platform on board, didn't do much.

In short, it's not a matter of not trying. 343i just didn't deliver there.

Yeah advocating for fixes in 2014-15 doesn’t mean shit, especially when all the others were in just as bad of state.  Hells the whole game was.

they not coming back when the update of 18 rolled out is their fault! Right now the only games getting attention from the community are h3 and h1. No H2, unless you count like I said for the desire of more h2A maps.

you don’t get to say something like “how’d trump become president if your ass never voted(and you’re of age). 

Dont tell me your ass didn’t hear of this game getting fixed when advertisements were on TV and social media platforms such as twitter and Facebook. 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

It’s also probably not a lack of resources. The team is a small team dedicated to the mcc. So rolling out updates is a time constrictive. They need to decide what’s WORTH fixing at the current moment. The aiming in mcc was one of the biggest complaints, thus why we got modern aiming, and so far it’s been a success. If the h2 community wants to stay silent go ahead, but they have no right to bitch on why it’s taking so long. NOW is the time the people’s ears are opened, take your chance and get them heard! 

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

1. Not enough out cry.

2. Back to number 1 but specific.

on the forums and Twitter(the media 343 looks at) people talk mostly about h3 hit registration and halo 1 issues. Literally you’ll never see a thread even remotely talking about the damn game, in fact more people talk about wanting h2a to get more maps. 

This is what happens when a community develops the attitude of “I’m just one man what can I do” not realizing that’s how every revolution, group etc gets heard or noticed! Because ONE man decided to say something EVERYONE else was thinking. It is the h2 community’s fault for a lack of updates to it becoming less of a priority!  It’s not that 343 doesn’t want to update h2C, it’s just not a big priority at the current moment. 

Oh yeah you're right, it's totally our fault they ported the inferior vista version instead of the original. We dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

they not coming back when the update of 18 rolled out is their fault! 

Absolutely not. They tried to voice their concerns with the game then and failed. Why should they bother now? We've seen them attempt to fix Halo 2's problems only to introduce more. They tried to adjust the firing rates of the weapons to be closer to the original game and then inadvertently messed up button combos slightly. 

It's simply not worth the effort.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Yeah advocating for fixes in 2014-15 doesn’t mean shit, especially when all the others were in just as bad of state.  Hells the whole game was.

they not coming back when the update of 18 rolled out is their fault! Right now the only games getting attention from the community are h3 and h1. No H2, unless you count like I said for the desire of more h2A maps.

you don’t get to say something like “how’d trump become president if your ass never voted(and you’re of age). 

Dont tell me your ass didn’t hear of this game getting fixed when advertisements were on TV and social media platforms such as twitter and Facebook. 

Yeah, not coming back to a broken game is their fault, lol. Totally.

• Like (+1) 1

It also doesn't help that 343Postums left all of the H2 Discords and blocks most of the Halo 2 players on Twitter.  And r/Halo pretty much drowns out anything that isn't someone's Halo related tattoo or Megablock creation.  It's hard to provide valuable feedback when they close all avenues of discussion with our community.   On top of this, it's hard to record or give specific examples of what is broken because if you ask high level H2 kids, their answer is "everything".   The melee lunges, BR shot registration, button combo timing, sniper headshot connections, spawn system, etc; none of it plays nor feels even close to the original version.   

Combine that with the problems H2 has always had such as uneven starting spawns, empty power weapons not respawning until dropped, and major differences of a player being on or off host; and you have a deep/complex game that your favorite H3/H5 pro isn't gonna touch with a 10 foot pole.  Which is truly sad because I think 4v4 in H2 offers so much more for the player and spectator when compared to what we're playing now.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, not coming back to a broken game is their fault, lol. Totally.

Actually yes it is. You must of heard that an update was given out somehow, unless you stopped playing video games in general/ Xbox. 

The point I’m trying to make is that you didn’t say anything when the time was right. Sure it’s not anyone’s fault h2V was ported over but it’s your fault for giving up on the want for fixes. The h3 community hasn’t given up and we’re getting our fixes.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

It also doesn't help that 343Postums left all of the H2 Discords and blocks most of the Halo 2 players on Twitter.  And r/Halo pretty much drowns out anything that isn't someone's Halo related tattoo or Megablock creation.  It's hard to provide valuable feedback when they close all avenues of discussion with our community.   On top of this, it's hard to record or give specific examples of what is broken because if you ask high level H2 kids, their answer is "everything".   The melee lunges, BR shot registration, button combo timing, sniper headshot connections, spawn system, etc; none of it plays nor feels even close to the original version.   

Combine that with the problems H2 has always had such as uneven starting spawns, empty power weapons not respawning until dropped, and major differences of a player being on or off host; and you have a deep/complex game that your favorite H3/H5 pro isn't gonna touch with a 10 foot pole.  Which is truly sad because I think 4v4 in H2 offers so much more for the player and spectator when compared to what we're playing now.  

Maybe if everybody disnt tell postums to fuck off, call him an idiot etc etc. do not even act like none of those things were even remotely said, because I know for a fact they were not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Actually yes it is. You must of heard that an update was given out somehow, unless you stopped playing video games in general/ Xbox. 

The point I’m trying to make is that you didn’t say anything when the time was right. Sure it’s not anyone’s fault h2V was ported over but it’s your fault for giving up on the want for fixes. The h3 community hasn’t given up and we’re getting our fixes.

ive been in contact with 343 since april of last year. H1/h2 people were hounding them from april to october for a fix. The spawn system was changed for h2 in august/july for the insiders but its still not good enough. Also the firing rates were fixed manually instead of fixing the tick rate so other stuff is still broke.  The h2 people stuck along till october but like someone said, 343 left the h2 discords. And then you have ce who have been hounding them all this time, and they removed an update that broke shit, added a broken timer, and got names being static which still arent perfect but good enough i guess. There is a priority list that had 22 items on it and we have 1.5/22 solved after a year with a dev that has a ce background. The h2 kids leaving mcc has nothing to do with h2 not getting their shit fixed. Heck h3 kids are the majority and they havent got their bloodshot/beatdown reg shit fixed since the sept update which broke it. 

You dont see postums leaving twitter because people flamed him on there, he shouldnt have left regardless of anything because its his job. Also we still have a head of the h2 community involved. So whether h2 flamed him or not, it wouldnt have made a difference. 

• Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, Riddler said:

ive been in contact with 343 since april of last year. H1/h2 people were hounding them from april to october for a fix. The spawn system was changed for h2 in august/july for the insiders but its still not good enough. Also the firing rates were fixed manually instead of fixing the tick rate so other stuff is still broke.  The h2 people stuck along till october but like someone said, 343 left the h2 discords. And then you have ce who have been hounding them all this time, and they removed an update that broke shit, added a broken timer, and got names being static which still arent perfect but good enough i guess. There is a priority list that had 22 items on it and we have 1.5/22 solved after a year with a dev that has a ce background. The h2 kids leaving mcc has nothing to do with h2 not getting their shit fixed. Heck h3 kids are the majority and they havent got their bloodshot/beatdown reg shit fixed since the sept update which broke it. 

You dont see postums leaving twitter because people flamed him on there, he shouldnt have left regardless of anything because its his job. Also we still have a head of the h2 community involved. So whether h2 flamed him or not, it wouldnt have made a difference. 

It clearly does affect things tbh. 343 has left forums in the past because people flamed them. On Twitter they block you when you do it.

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

So you're blaming the H2 community for it being broken still? 

Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

So you're blaming the H2 community for it being broken still? 

Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them

No I’m blaming the h2 community for not saying anything when the time was right. 343 is at fault obviously, but when it came to fixes on mcc 343 had to and still must choose what’s more important! Eventually the fixes to h2 will be done, but that ain’t happening for a long time because of the lack of an outcry 

• WutFace (+0) 1

19 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

No I’m blaming the h2 community for not saying anything when the time was right. 343 is at fault obviously, but when it came to fixes on mcc 343 had to and still must choose what’s more important! Eventually the fixes to h2 will be done, but that ain’t happening for a long time because of the lack of an outcry 

It's like you missed the years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It's like you missed the years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

Have you been reading my comments. “When the time is right”

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Do you not understand that "the right time" has been that near half decade, lmao. It's not the community's fault, stop it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The outcry over how broken H2 was has always been there. At launch H2 was literally unplayable because the hit reg was the worst thing I've ever seen in a game. It took them a whole to make it half decent and even now it's still one of the worst games on Mcc in that regard. That on top of the hundreds of other issues it has. People have been vocal the only issue is that the h2 fanbase is the smallest. So the amount of people that actually can articulate what the issues are (And are willing to even though the probability of anyone important actually listening is nonexistent) is tiny. Throughout all of Mcc h2 has been dogshit. When those same players can just play another version of the game that functions better why would they stay on Mcc? I mean the game JUST started getting "fixed" how long ago? How many years did it go untouched? H2 players have been very vocal as far as I've seen. Throughout the entirety of MCC. 343 just doesn't seem to care to fix it and it's probably just due to the fact that so few people play it. I mean CE still basically has an RNG pistol lol. If it isn't H3 it doesn't look like it's gonna ever get fixed. Blame the community all you want it's just hilarious that you think somehow that any h2 players would want it to be this way. All of the fault is on the developer. Not most. All of it. 

Just a btw. Was browsing the h2v discord and their old announcments and 2000 unique ips played in may of 2018, up from 1700 the month before. So its hardly “dead”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It clearly does affect things tbh. 343 has left forums in the past because people flamed them. On Twitter they block you when you do it.

In the case of TB, you’re overestimating the integrity of why they came here to begin with, and underestimating the hospitality and gratitude they were shown while they were here. They came here to hock a product. We asked them questions they weren’t prepared to answer, and they left. They didn’t really want to be here in the first place.

Quinn came in asking for feedback about a few gametypes a couple times, got literally 100% constructive, valuable feedback, and hasn’t been back since.

Grim is the only one that sticks around for us, but he doesn’t make game design decisions, nor is it his job to pass along suggestions.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

In the case of TB, you’re overestimating the integrity of why they came here to begin with, and underestimating the hospitality and gratitude they were shown while they were here. They came here to hock a product. We asked them questions they weren’t prepared to answer, and they left. They didn’t really want to be here in the first place.

Quinn came in asking for feedback about a few gametypes a couple times, got literally 100% constructive, valuable feedback, and hasn’t been back since.

Grim is the only one that sticks around for us, but he doesn’t make game design decisions, nor is it his job to pass along suggestions.

I was here when frank o Connor came and asked questions, he wasn’t really met with respect. You guys act like tommy when asking your questions. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

5 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

People have been recommending fixes on The Classic Halo Movement discord since it was made over a year ago, and 343 employees are staff/members there. Postums has a ton of replies on what they're doing and what he passed to the dev team. You're arrogantly incorrect about H2 feedback. The lack of results has helped kill the H2 population off. Stop blaming the community when you aren't aware of the effort we've put into communication with 343. Members have been very cordial in their requests for the most part and Postums is very responsive. Updates just haven't been coming out fast enough. Please lay your argument to rest where it belongs.

• Like (+1) 2

If anyone hasn't yet. go download h2v and just test it out. The hit reg on h2v is insane because they upped the projectile speed on snipe and the br.  Now your shots will actually connect. shit's bonkers. im pretty sure h2v / project cartographer would be iceprincess's and saint's favorite game of the series lol. 

5 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I was here when frank o Connor came and asked questions, he wasn’t really met with respect. You guys act like tommy when asking your questions. 

He was shown the same "respect" that he gave. They straight up ruined Halo with garbage ass Halo 4, Halo 5, and a broken MCC. They are finally gaining some respect from me with their updates to MCC. What I really like is that it wasn't a one and done update for optics. It's a work in progress and those working on it seem passionate about wanting to improve the game. Actually gives me some hope for Infinite. But if they dare give us another sprint Halo, or any kind of armor/spartan abilities, I refuse to buy it. Original formula or I'll just stick with MCC.

• Like (+1) 8