CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If its 4v4 ce, you aint gunna get a 10second recharge on health anyway unless its dammy. In 2v2 its just a comeback mechanic for the people out of control. It does spice up gameplay but competively speaking its not a good mechanic

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:05 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

Well supposedly Mcc's snipe is a ton easier but idk. And wow im glad you can at least somewhat agree with that statement. Most people just criticize it 

This is due to several reasons 1. Superior controller

2. 60 FPS

16 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

2. 60 FPS

I'm sure there's more to it than that. I refuse to believe the CE snipe was anywhere near this easy. 

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

2. 60 FPS

it doesn't hurt but the hitboxes just feel bigger even tho they allegedly aren't. 

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

it doesn't hurt but the hitboxes just feel bigger even tho they allegedly aren't. 

Play any shooter period on 30 FPS then go to 60, then tell me was your aim the same on both versions? 

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Play any shooter period on 30 FPS then go to 60, then tell me was your aim the same on both versions? 

it's just awkward for a game then its fine. 30->60fps is only 17ms which can be a lot, but the gunfights in halo aren't exactly frame tight. with the h3 br you have half a second to line up your shot. 483 ms vs 500 ms isn't going to be the deal breaker. i have played both h1/h3 then went to mcc shortly afterwards, its not even a thought in my mind at the time. 

Also the post you replied to was about hitboxes, not fps

On 2/5/2019 at 12:39 AM, Jake Teh Nub said:

Someone tried arguing with me that Halo 3 is more skillful than CE because since CE has health that doesn't regenerate, you will eventually die no matter what.

I would probably stop talking to that person, if only for the sake of my sanity.

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

People are running sweaty To4s in social today and it's annoying as fuck. 

That's basically everyday, lol, but agree. People who warrior in social unironically are weird. And get full parties together specifically to warrior. I guess they wanna fulfill an ego without playing ranked, yunno, where it matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you roll into social and callout like your on mainstage you may have a problem. 

The H2 ones are the weirdest because the ranked playlist is actually dead, but there's always a bunch of H2 kids trying their hardest in social. K/D matters I guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

17 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Played some sweaty 4s in CE today, got this nice trip for the squad:

https://xboxclips.com/RVG E Nomini/5219f641-1210-4cf7-a765-f9cc56168092

Shoutout to @xxcloud7xx gg's man.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this post because I don't use teambeyond as frequently as I used to, gg's those were some fun Halo 1 4v4 custom games. Nice flank with camo and triple kill, my awareness was pretty bad that game lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

If you roll into social and callout like your on mainstage you may have a problem. 

The H2 ones are the weirdest because the ranked playlist is actually dead, but there's always a bunch of H2 kids trying their hardest in social. K/D matters I guess. 

They're probably just going for clips and not actually trying hard, I pretty much never see teams of four in H2 social sweating and calling out.  Most of the time I'm playing on auto pilot and still drop 25-30 kills per slayer game just because the skill gap is so large.  And kids still send me angry messages because I was being a "tryhard" :laughing:

In CE 4s it's even worse, I'll get 50-60 kills in most objective games without looking at the timer because there's no resource or outlet for newer or casual level players to become competent at these games.  You can easily get stomped on in CE/H2 while no one on the other team is trying at all.  It's not like the newer Halos.  There are real levels to these titles.

14 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

They're probably just going for clips and not actually trying hard, I pretty much never see teams of four in H2 social sweating and calling out.  Most of them time I'm playing on auto pilot and still drop 25-30 kills per slayer game just because the skill gap is so large.  And kids still send me angry messages because I was being a "tryhard" :laughing:

In CE 4s it's even worse, I'll get 50-60 kills in most objective games without looking at the timer because there's no resource or outlet for newer or casual level players to become competent at these games.  You can easily get stomped on in CE/H2 while no one on the other team is trying at all.  It's not like the newer Halos.

GT? Just curious.

• Simms (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

They're probably just going for clips and not actually trying hard, I pretty much never see teams of four in H2 social sweating and calling out.  Most of the time I'm playing on auto pilot and still drop 25-30 kills per slayer game just because the skill gap is so large.  And kids still send me angry messages because I was being a "tryhard" :laughing:

In CE 4s it's even worse, I'll get 50-60 kills in most objective games without looking at the timer because there's no resource or outlet for newer or casual level players to become competent at these games.  You can easily get stomped on in CE/H2 while no one on the other team is trying at all.  It's not like the newer Halos.  There are real levels to these titles.

I can guarantee you there are teams of 4 searching H2 in social. Maybe not a dozen of them, but there's usually a couple. Then there are people "going for clips" but never get over a double. 

I can also guarantee there a teams of 4 searching H2/CE that get slapped in CE cause they suck. You act like I don't play this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I can guarantee you there are teams of 4 searching H2 in social. Maybe not a dozen of them, but there's usually a couple. Then there are people "going for clips" but never get over a double. 

I can also guarantee there a teams of 4 searching H2/CE that get slapped in CE cause they suck. You act like I don't play this game. 

Well yeah of course there are teams searching social (highly doubt they are calling out even a little bit); but how good they actually are is quite subjective.  Every single strong H2 player is on Project Cartographer, not searching the Match Composer.  And yes there are a few H2 montagers (usually on a smurf) searching with a team or by themselves getting high multis frequently. 

And of course anyone can get slapped, that's Halo.  When you search social instead of ranked you are forfeiting any right you had to a fair and balanced match because you are paired with/against whomever.  It's very rare to find a high level player that can compete in CE, H2, and H3.

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

See, I can get at least playing social if no one's playing ranked. Have to do it for H2A, and Halo 4 as they removed the latter's playlist and the former you can't find games in. It's the Halo 3 kids that get me given the ranked lists exist and are populated, but kids still pubstomp in themOr the people who grind Team Arena over Hardcore and get an ego off that, lol. But the latter's its own issue, lmao.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

Well yeah of course there are teams searching social (highly doubt they are calling out even a little bit); but how good they actually are is quite subjective.  Every single strong H2 player is on Project Cartographer, not searching the Match Composer.  And yes there are a few H2 montagers (usually on a smurf) searching with a team or by themselves getting high multis frequently. 

And of course anyone can get slapped, that's Halo.  When you search social instead of ranked you are forfeiting any right you had to a fair and balanced match because you are paired with/against whomever.  It's very rare to find a high level player that can compete in CE, H2, and H3.

You can't honestly believe "every single strong H2 Player" is on something I only heard of because I'm on TB and from no one else can you? And yes they do call out, maybe not every group of 4 searching does but certainly some do. If you honestly think there are no good H2 players that call out in the social playlist with other at least decent people then you are delusional at best, in denial at worst. 

The point isn't even that good people play social, it's that people play social like it's ranked even when a ranked playlist for that game exists (H2/H3 mainly).

27 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

You can't honestly believe "every single strong H2 Player" is on something I only heard of because I'm on TB and from no one else can you?

I don't think he meant that literally, but yes, a lot of pretty good players switched over to cartographer. Some remain on MCC, some just stopped playing all together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, xxcloud7xx said:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this post because I don't use teambeyond as frequently as I used to, gg's those were some fun Halo 1 4v4 custom games. Nice flank with camo and triple kill, my awareness was pretty bad that game lol.

Yeah hopefully we can get something like that together again soon. You had a strong team so I had to play dirty lol. Good call on giving us damnation ctf after we got wrecked on hang em ctf as red team, that base is brutal so the switch was greatly appreciated. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2 social is pretty brutal solo because of the MMR matchmaking. The stronger player you are the worse the teammates get, it gets to the point where you regularly drop 30/40 kills in a slayer and still lose.

But it’s even worse when you grab another decent player, because you just steam roll everyone and it gets boring real quick. So I can’t even imagine running a team of four in social h2, major yawns. That statement that all the strong players are on project cartographer is extremely questionable, I know several people who can run circles around most h2 players and they don’t like the idea of a modded h2 on pc with that small of player pool.

Not calling out those dedicated players, I’ve matched most of them in MCC over the years and they are skilled but they’re not the best. Maybe a more accurate description is “project cartographer has the highest density of establisehd h2 players”. I don’t know I just find it weird to claim to be the best on basically a modded pc port. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1