CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You aren't the one getting offended. Wasn't in response to you. 

And the point in playing snipes is to show the difficulty of simply using the weapon. Against someone also using the weapon. To show that it's not mechanically that difficult. I don't get how you aren't seeing this. It's not the end all be all it's just a point. Comparing it to SWAT is just ridiculous.  

And come on this CE snipe is piss easy. Especially with the RNG pistol. Play any BTB map or HeH and it's not even fair. I don't even play CE and I can snipe like it's no issue. 

I figured, but I threw it in just in case.

I've already admitted in an earlier post that no gun in Halo is that difficult to aim. My problem is what I said, there isn't a gameplay correlation, that same player isn't going to perform the same in regular gameplay, so what point does that example prove to me?

Like I said, thats just me. I tried to buckle down and learn 2v2 in CE MCC for a good couple months and when you play someone good, its almost worth not picking up the sniper, even with the RNG pistol

6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I figured, but I threw it in just in case.

I've already admitted in an earlier post that no gun in Halo is that difficult to aim. My problem is what I said, there isn't a gameplay correlation, that same player isn't going to perform the same in regular gameplay, so what point does that example prove to me?

Like I said, thats just me. I tried to buckle down and learn 2v2 in CE MCC for a good couple months and when you play someone good, its almost worth not picking up the sniper, even with the RNG pistol

The point in mentioning team snipes is to show that the weapon itself isn't really that hard to use. Putting people against each other with the same weapon is a good way to see some results about it in a vacuum. When you have everyone using the weapon you show how hard it is to simply use the weapon. There are TONS of in game situations involving sniping people that also have one as well as sniping people that aren't actively descoping you with a BR. When it comes to other game modes like BTBor even fan favorite fiesta the snipe isn't always against top players with BRs able to contest you. And having an easy to use snipe is gonna dominate in those situations. Each mode still needs balance it's not only MLG that matters. "Regular gameplay" is literally just whatever you play or define it as. Technically fiesta or social slayer would be what you call regular since it's the most popular list. 

And I disagree with the ce statement. As far as I can see people pick up snipe like crazy because it's so easy. Plus the first zoom makes it easier in CQC. 

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

The point in mentioning team snipes is to show that the weapon itself isn't really that hard to use. Putting people against each other with the same weapon is a good way to see some results about it in a vacuum. When you have everyone using the weapon you show how hard it is to simply use the weapon. There are TONS of in game situations involving sniping people that also have one as well as sniping people that aren't actively descoping you with a BR. When it comes to other game modes like BTBor even fan favorite fiesta the snipe isn't always against top players with BRs able to contest you. And having an easy to use snipe is gonna dominate in those situations. Each mode still needs balance it's not only MLG that matters. "Regular gameplay" is literally just whatever you play or define it as. Technically fiesta or social slayer would be what you call regular since it's the most popular list. 

And I disagree with the ce statement. As far as I can see people pick up snipe like crazy because it's so easy. Plus the first zoom makes it easier in CQC. 

What I mean by regular gameplay is the most common gameplay experiences across Halo. I would remove outliers like Zombies and Action Sack as they were made with the intent of being something different than what would otherwise be expected, but I don't really see a reason not to include them. I've never known Fiesta to really be that popular of a playlist, Team/Social Slayer, whatever you want to call it, has been among the top since always. Snipers on the other hand has historically ranked pretty low to the point it became a rotational playlist. Sniper vs DMR/Pistol/BR will always be exponentially higher than Sniper v Sniper.

Ease of use doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill to use.

You're just correlating picking up the sniper and it being easy without really anything to back it up. I suck at sniping in Halo 3, but that doesn't stop me from picking it up any chance that I get. Watching 2gre on the Winterwonder LAN (HCE) seems to fall in line with my thought of thinking. Timing power weapons and rockets and much more vital as these pros have excellent aim to contest snipers. I can recognize, however, that my experiences are my own and none of that is a structurally sound argument.

Also if you want to push a competitive setting like HCS or Grassroots, you probably want to balance your weapons based on high tier play. Even if it isn't the most popular playlist/setting.

12 minutes ago, Nokt said:

What I mean by regular gameplay is the most common gameplay experiences across Halo. I would remove outliers like Zombies and Action Sack as they were made with the intent of being something different than what would otherwise be expected, but I don't really see a reason not to include them. I've never known Fiesta to really be that popular of a playlist, Team/Social Slayer, whatever you want to call it, has been among the top since always. Snipers on the other hand has historically ranked pretty low to the point it became a rotational playlist. Sniper vs DMR/Pistol/BR will always be exponentially higher than Sniper v Sniper.

Ease of use doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill to use.

You're just correlating picking up the sniper and it being easy without really anything to back it up. I suck at sniping in Halo 3, but that doesn't stop me from picking it up any chance that I get. Watching 2gre on the Winterwonder LAN (HCE) seems to fall in line with my thought of thinking. Timing power weapons and rockets and much more vital as these pros have excellent aim to contest snipers. I can recognize, however, that my experiences are my own and none of that is a structurally sound argument.

Also if you want to push a competitive setting like HCS or Grassroots, you probably want to balance your weapons based on high tier play. Even if it isn't the most popular playlist/setting.

Those lans aren't Mcc tho. I'm not gonna ever reference og CE because I'm never gonna bother playing a 20 year old game on super specific hardware split screen against people. And fiesta was the most popular list in h5 lol. Way more so than HCS. Of course I want snipe to an balanced primarily around competitive but it needs to not be broken in other modes too. H5 snipe was pretty bad in hcs but it was UNBEARABLE in btb. Same goes for H3. Yea it's technically mechanically more difficult than other games but when you put together ALL the factors I could argue that even the H5 snipe isn't too far off in lethality compared to h3. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Those lans aren't Mcc tho. I'm not gonna ever reference og CE because I'm never gonna bother playing a 20 year old game on super specific hardware split screen against people. And fiesta was the most popular list in h5 lol. Way more so than HCS. Of course I want snipe to an balanced primarily around competitive but it needs to not be broken in other modes too. H5 snipe was pretty bad in hcs but it was UNBEARABLE in btb. Same goes for H3. Yea it's technically mechanically more difficult than other games but when you put together ALL the factors I could argue that even the H5 snipe isn't too far off in lethality compared to h3. 

I think the overall meta remains the same in CE between the two. You just have to deal with some quirks like worse RNG in MCC. The sniper is probably a more appealing option because of it, but I’d still think it takes a backseat to the others.

I didn’t play Halo 5 consistently after a year or so I wouldn’t have kept up with that really. Even still Slayer has still been statically high in every game, not just 5. 

I mean it’s a ridiculously high magnestism/aim assist sniper vs a sniper that can’t really be contested. I wouldn’t say that you are far off the mark with that claim.

41 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I think the overall meta remains the same in CE between the two. You just have to deal with some quirks like worse RNG in MCC. The sniper is probably a more appealing option because of it, but I’d still think it takes a backseat to the others.

I didn’t play Halo 5 consistently after a year or so I wouldn’t have kept up with that really. Even still Slayer has still been statically high in every game, not just 5. 

I mean it’s a ridiculously high magnestism/aim assist sniper vs a sniper that can’t really be contested. I wouldn’t say that you are far off the mark with that claim.

Well supposedly Mcc's snipe is a ton easier but idk. And wow im glad you can at least somewhat agree with that statement. Most people just criticize it 

6 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Beyond needs an ignore feature. Badly.

It does, hover over their name on desktop and it should say 'Ignore User', unless you mean something else?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Beyond needs an ignore feature. Badly.

'Tis called scrolling. Most mice tend to have a scroll wheel to aid in it. Or a ball. Builds vary. Easy fix if you see stuff you don't like.

• Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mow said:

It does, hover over their name on desktop and it should say 'Ignore User', unless you mean something else?

People's posts will still show up when someone quotes them. Plus everytime they post it says "shitposter's post, click to view". So it's not a complete ignore.

• Like (+1) 1

It literally wouldnt let me get rid of that quote sey iceprincess. 

Not gunna bother with the discussion but Just going to say that mcc ce meta is entirely different than og. Sniper is more powerful since its easier to aim and  seemingly faster. On hangem its basically impossible to snipe people through the tombstones from red side but on mcc its expected. Then rockets are weaker and camo is stronger at different ranges. Running rockets camo on dere and hangem is a common strat on og but basically non existent on mcc because rockets are unreliable. Then the pr doesnt even work on chilly. On og, rox are fought over and camo and os are the participation prizes. But on og, os camo is probably stronger than rockets unless the other team wants to play really really safe. The only map that plays similar to og is prisoner. Map awareness is laughable because you can hear where the other team spawns anywhere on the map on chilly and pris. And with two teammates u can cover all or most of the other maps. U can get an idea of what ce plays like from mcc, but once u get to like the “halo 3 50 level,” its pretty different. Chilly is flank city and finding where the enemy is but on mcc u cant flank because of sounds so its just execution test over and over. And the pistol aint fun on mcc so ce on mcc aint fun

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

People's posts will still show up when someone quotes them. Plus everytime they post it says "shitposter's post, click to view". So it's not a complete ignore.

I see, thanks for the knowledge, I haven't blocked anyone before.

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

If you're on PC, you have to select the actual quote and delete it. If you're on mobile, guess you're shit outta luck because I never use mobile, lmaaao.

50 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

If you're on PC, you have to select the actual quote and delete it. If you're on mobile, guess you're shit outta luck because I never use mobile, lmaaao.

Yeah mobile. Everytime i went to reply for the past 3 days it had the quote in the response so i just never sent anything on mobile the last 3 days. 

24 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Yeah mobile. Everytime i went to reply for the past 3 days it had the quote in the response so i just never sent anything on mobile the last 3 days. 

Just press outside the quote box and delete 

7 hours ago, Riddler said:

Not gunna bother with the discussion but Just going to say that mcc ce meta is entirely different than og. Sniper is more powerful since its easier to aim and  seemingly faster. On hangem its basically impossible to snipe people through the tombstones from red side but on mcc its expected. Then rockets are weaker and camo is stronger at different ranges. Running rockets camo on dere and hangem is a common strat on og but basically non existent on mcc because rockets are unreliable. Then the pr doesnt even work on chilly. On og, rox are fought over and camo and os are the participation prizes. But on og, os camo is probably stronger than rockets unless the other team wants to play really really safe. The only map that plays similar to og is prisoner. Map awareness is laughable because you can hear where the other team spawns anywhere on the map on chilly and pris. And with two teammates u can cover all or most of the other maps. U can get an idea of what ce plays like from mcc, but once u get to like the “halo 3 50 level,” its pretty different. Chilly is flank city and finding where the enemy is but on mcc u cant flank because of sounds so its just execution test over and over. And the pistol aint fun on mcc so ce on mcc aint fun

Thanks for chiming in on that.

Like I said, I was just learning 2's and never really fully grasped everything. I was probably playing different than how the meta was evolving because I was using OG CE as my reference point. So it would make more sense that I would see OG playing similar to how I was. Yeah the pistol is super hit or miss, but the sniper is that way for me too, like you said with HoH and the tombstones, there are other spots like that for me where I just can't ever seem to get shots.

18 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Thanks for chiming in on that.

Like I said, I was just learning 2's and never really fully grasped everything. I was probably playing different than how the meta was evolving because I was using OG CE as my reference point. So it would make more sense that I would see OG playing similar to how I was. Yeah the pistol is super hit or miss, but the sniper is that way for me too, like you said with HoH and the tombstones, there are other spots like that for me where I just can't ever seem to get shots.

They may have changed it from this, but bullet magnetism in MCC CE is wack. In OG, bullets magnetize toward the target’s center of mass (roughly) at a constant rate over time. In MCC, they jarringly magnetize to the center of the piece of armor that was near the unaltered bullet path. This means sometimes the bullet will make a beeline for that piece of armor and get blocked by a wall or lip. Often happens when firing upward at someone.

Halo PC basically removes all the interesting gunplay mechanics from OG (including reticle lag from the 180 glitch, which is a really cool “feature”), so it becomes pretty easy on PC even with a controller based on my playtime with both. Haven’t played since 2014, but MCC is like that except with weird network behavior and screwed up bullet magnetism (not to mention anti-aim which I think was patched a couple times). I really don’t blame people for disliking H1 based on their experience with MCC.

1 hour ago, Gobias said:

They may have changed it from this, but bullet magnetism in MCC CE is wack. In OG, bullets magnetize toward the target’s center of mass (roughly) at a constant rate over time. In MCC, they jarringly magnetize to the center of the piece of armor that was near the unaltered bullet path. This means sometimes the bullet will make a beeline for that piece of armor and get blocked by a wall or lip. Often happens when firing upward at someone.

Halo PC basically removes all the interesting gunplay mechanics from OG (including reticle lag from the 180 glitch, which is a really cool “feature”), so it becomes pretty easy on PC even with a controller based on my playtime with both. Haven’t played since 2014, but MCC is like that except with weird network behavior and screwed up bullet magnetism (not to mention anti-aim which I think was patched a couple times). I really don’t blame people for disliking H1 based on their experience with MCC.

That actually makes a lot of sense thinking about situations that it would happen in.

Oh man, anti-aim was the worst. I completely forgot that was even a thing. I actually adore CE a lot more because of MCC, I wished I could get into OG more. I actually have a small group around me that LAN's every so often, but with work schedules it just always works out that I can't go.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

That actually makes a lot of sense thinking about situations that it would happen in.

Oh man, anti-aim was the worst. I completely forgot that was even a thing. I actually adore CE a lot more because of MCC, I wished I could get into OG more. I actually have a small group around me that LAN's every so often, but with work schedules it just always works out that I can't go.

The PC community with it is pretty good. I know you probably have a LAN community that's more personal, but the peeps working on and playing the PC edition that's been patched is a gucci time, even if I didn't end up liking the game. Would recommend if you're looking for something that's easy to set up without a need for relocation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Just press outside the quote box and delete 

i tried many times. 

Someone tried arguing with me that Halo 3 is more skillful than CE because since CE has health that doesn't regenerate, you will eventually die no matter what.

• WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Someone tried arguing with me that Halo 3 is more skillful than CE because since CE has health that doesn't regenerate, you will eventually die no matter what.

This man thinks outside the box.

6 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I completely agree. Halo has always been about the better player winning, which is why I should be able to run away from a losing engagement no matter what because I’m the best. And managing a resource like health is needlessly complicated—it takes away from several aspects of the nuanced metagame, including but not limited to “holding forward.”

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2