Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Have you guys ever considered that you might just be good at aiming?

Nah these fools will never understand. Take into account in h3 no noob can pick up the sniper and hit shots like a pro(looking at you h4,2a,&5)

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

There’s harder snipe than complete bullshit difficulty. Aim assist is NEEDED you moron. No AA in cod doesn’t do much when there’s ADS

Lol that literally makes no sense. I don't even know what point you're trying to make. Nothing you just said means anything. Adsing with snipe in cod is the same as zooming in halo. How does that change the point?

And no aim assist on snipes isn't nearly as hard as you think. Sure there will be a lot less headshots but that's kinda the point. It still bodies you to 1 hit with high zoom and more precise aiming. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Nah these fools will never understand. Take into account in h3 no noob can pick up the sniper and hit shots like a pro(looking at you h4,2a,&5)

No one's saying they'll hit pro shots, there'll always be that difference, no matter how easy a sniper is, but a noob can pick up a sniper rifle and double shot you in the body pretty easily, lol. Just play Team Snipers. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

 Just play Team Snipers. 

I'm not a fan of rectal AIDS.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No one's saying they'll hit pro shots, there'll always be that difference, no matter how easy a sniper is, but a noob can pick up a sniper rifle and double shot you in the body pretty easily, lol. Just play Team Snipers. 

 

50 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol that literally makes no sense. I don't even know what point you're trying to make. Nothing you just said means anything. Adsing with snipe in cod is the same as zooming in halo. How does that change the point?

And no aim assist on snipes isn't nearly as hard as you think. Sure there will be a lot less headshots but that's kinda the point. It still bodies you to 1 hit with high zoom and more precise aiming. 

ADS and zoom in halo are completely different and there’s been evidence to support this many times. 

Lot less headshots, dude no one busts out headshots 24/7 period. In h3 teamsnipers most of the kills are body shots. Analog sticks aren’t accurate enough for zero aim assist to be a good thing, if they were game companies wouldn’t have it. There’s a reason why AA is added to console games so accuracy isn’t complete dogshit. They try to find a similar level of accuracy a mouse is capable of without going the aimbot level of AA(unless you’re Fortnite).

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Sometimes you need to get acquainted with it.

I'll be the judge of that.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

 

ADS and zoom in halo are completely different and there’s been evidence to support this many times. 

Lot less headshots, dude no one busts out headshots 24/7 period. In h3 teamsnipers most of the kills are body shots. Analog sticks aren’t accurate enough for zero aim assist to be a good thing, if they were game companies wouldn’t have it. There’s a reason why AA is added to console games so accuracy isn’t complete dogshit. They try to find a similar level of accuracy a mouse is capable of without going the aimbot level of AA(unless you’re Fortnite).

Okay and I literally just told you that cod has snipers with no aim assist. Have you ever actually tried It? For more than 5 seconds? It's not nearly as impossible as you make it seem. 

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/my-namez-beast/video/25068090

Now sure these shots aren't under pressure but that's also how most snipe kills happen. On people not actively contesting you. If I can goof around with no practice and still hit headshots like this then I'm sure pro players would have no issue doing the same. People play the game for literal days if you actually sat down and practiced you could get good at it. Would finally make snipe kills mean something. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay and I literally just told you that cod has snipers with no aim assist. Have you ever actually tried It? For more than 5 seconds? It's not nearly as impossible as you make it seem. 

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/my-namez-beast/video/25068090

Now sure these shots aren't under pressure but that's also how most snipe kills happen. On people not actively contesting you. If I can goof around with no practice and still hit headshots like this then I'm sure pro players would have no issue doing the same. People play the game for literal days if you actually sat down and practiced you could get good at it. Would finally make snipe kills mean something. 

The very fact you aren’t under pressure or fire is the evidence that no AA isn’t the real issue. Also those were the laggiest shots I’ve ever seen. 

Wgich cods are you talking about I may ask? Practicing won’t do a damn fucking thing, aiming with no aim assist just doesn’t work with a controller. Low AA is perfectly fine but there must always be some in a console game. Ever played OW without AA, lol let’s see how good you do. 

As long as aim assist isn’t at a level where it straight locks onto your opponent then AA isn’t high. I think h3&CE and reach do a good job at this in halo. 

Share this post


Link to post

I won’t include h5 because that games aim mechanics are dogshit, and that’s not even about the aim’s obvious input lag(even with a wire the input lag is ridiculous) , it’s not smooth or consistent(thanks 343). It’s reticule placement is also bad.

Share this post


Link to post

Beast like I said, AA is added to console shooters so accuracy isn’t horrible bad. The goal of AA is to give players a possible accuracy that a pc player would have playing the same game. If you were under pressure the struggle to hit a shot would be too ridiculously difficult and the reason would be the inaccurate analog sticks. You think it would work without any legit evidence, there’s evidence to show zero AA doesn’t work via a controller. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

The very fact you aren’t under pressure or fire is the evidence that no AA isn’t the real issue. Also those were the laggiest shots I’ve ever seen. 

Wgich cods are you talking about I may ask? Practicing won’t do a damn fucking thing, aiming with no aim assist just doesn’t work with a controller. Low AA is perfectly fine but there must always be some in a console game. Ever played OW without AA, lol let’s see how good you do. 

As long as aim assist isn’t at a level where it straight locks onto your opponent then AA isn’t high. I think h3&CE and reach do a good job at this in halo. 

Lol what. Half the shots you take with a snipe aren't under pressure. And that's not even touching modes like btb. Stop. You're not even making points anymore you're just saying things. The biggest example of no AA was blops 3. And it had enhanced movement. Lol. But no aim assist on snipes. And pros still used them in snd. And it's a million times easier to aim your rifles in that game on top of shorter kill times. So how can a game with even longer killtimes and even bigger maps (mode dependant) not be able to do It? And overwatch has literal shit aiming. I played a ton of it. It also has a muvh faster strafe and different hitboxes per character. Not a good argument at all. Now if it had good aiming and I told you to play widow youd still be able to hit shots. You have no idea what you are talking about man. You do know that past certain ranges all guns lose aim assist right? Yet people were still hitting cross map shots in h5 with baby ass zoom. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No one's saying they'll hit pro shots, there'll always be that difference, no matter how easy a sniper is, but a noob can pick up a sniper rifle and double shot you in the body pretty easily, lol. Just play Team Snipers. 

Why would team snipers be the benchmark on how easy it is to double body shot someone? Most of the situations that arise in that gametype don't happen in normal gameplay, which is what I would figure you would base your weapon balancing off of.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Hard Way said:

From the people that brought you “Power weapons are bad”, “Melee and grenades are bad”, and “You should be able to shoot through walls”, comes the newest attempt to make Halo the worst game ever: “Let’s make sniping feel like shooting at teammates, on console”. Coming to a game no one would play near you.

I don't know about everyone else, but I read that in the movie announcer guy voice. +1

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Who said you should be able to shoot through walls?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Who said you should be able to shoot through walls?

One of your Halo 5 boys. I know the game is dead, but doesn't mean y'all need to come troll the MCC forum. Our game is better than ever and Halo 5 is already in a coffin.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Who said you should be able to shoot through walls?

I spitballed it as an idea to counter strongsiding one time, IIRC. Hasn't been an opinion I strongly held, though, which should be pretty obvious by the fact you and others don't remember it, lmao. 

6 hours ago, Nokt said:

Why would team snipers be the benchmark on how easy it is to double body shot someone? Most of the situations that arise in that gametype don't happen in normal gameplay, which is what I would figure you would base your weapon balancing off of.

I'm not saying to base your balance off of snipers, I'm just saying snipers shows how absolutely easy it is to use a snipe when everyone's given one. While default gametypes give you some leeway in killing thumbless kids, snipers removes that.

12 hours ago, Hard Way said:

From the people that brought you “Power weapons are bad”, “Melee and grenades are bad”, and “You should be able to shoot through walls”, comes the newest attempt to make Halo the worst game ever: “Let’s make sniping feel like shooting at teammates, on console”. Coming to a game no one would play near you.

Because bringing up irrelevant points entirely proves this one wrong. Not like CoD's already proven it's not just possible, but viable. And makes more sense than an easy one-two shot machine, lol. As I said last time to you, being passive aggressive and offering legitimately nothing as a counter-point doesn't help, at all. If you disagree, state why you do over belittling someone else's viewpoint. Do you have an alternative solution that's better or could accomplish a similar goal? If so, what is it. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why do some people get so personally offended by this opinion lmao. Woe you disagree cool it's just an opinion. Relax. 

And how many people play CE again? Weird that someone who plays the least populated Halo game would use a "no one would play" argument. 

Sheesh. If a harder snipe is something that would stop you from playing then that's just a big fat yikes. Snipe has been brain dead garbage in literally most halo games. H2/H2A/H4/H5/CE MCC. All those snipes aim for you. That's a vast majority of games. Shit needs to be a lot harder to use overall. 

I like this game tho. It's fun. This dude is the same guy that thought H5 needed faster spawning power items and camo/os on every map. An opinion no fucking one that played h5 would even slightly agree with. Lolllllllllllllllll

Wait I like this one better: another opinion brought to you by the guy that got stomped in customs, took it personally and cried on a forum 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'm not saying to base your balance off of snipers, I'm just saying snipers shows how absolutely easy it is to use a snipe when everyone's given one. While default gametypes give you some leeway in killing thumbless kids, snipers removes that. 

Thats like me saying look how easy it is to headshot someone while playing Swat. Sure aiming isn't hard, but I'm not hitting 4 shots on every person I run into in normal game modes. It doesn't correlate well with regular gameplay really at all.

3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why do some people get so personally offended by this opinion lmao. Woe you disagree cool it's just an opinion. Relax.

Sheesh. If a harder snipe is something that would stop you from playing then that's just a big fat yikes. Snipe has been brain dead garbage in literally most halo games. H2/H2A/H4/H5/CE MCC. All those snipes aim for you. That's a vast majority of games. Shit needs to be a lot harder to use overall.

I'm not offended, I just thought the post was funny. Play what you like. I just think its an extremely niche game mode that most people can't get behind.

I think the general consensus has been that we have wanted less aim assist/magnetism in snipers for awhile now. It's not that we don't want a harder to use sniper, your example is just absurd. I also don't really think CE MCC is really easy to use, but thats just me.

WaterloggedAssuredBluefintuna-max-1mb.gi

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why do some people get so personally offended by this opinion lmao. Woe you disagree cool it's just an opinion. Relax. 

And how many people play CE again? Weird that someone who plays the least populated Halo game would use a "no one would play" argument. 

Sheesh. If a harder snipe is something that would stop you from playing then that's just a big fat yikes. Snipe has been brain dead garbage in literally most halo games. H2/H2A/H4/H5/CE MCC. All those snipes aim for you. That's a vast majority of games. Shit needs to be a lot harder to use overall. 

I like this game tho. It's fun. This dude is the same guy that thought H5 needed faster spawning power items and camo/os on every map. An opinion no fucking one that played h5 would even slightly agree with. Lolllllllllllllllll

Wait I like this one better: another opinion brought to you by the guy that got stomped in customs, took it personally and cried on a forum 

Yeah but beast you and I both know that the only way to disagree with someone is to hate them forever and ever. 

I mean look at you, ice and I. You guys don't like halo 3 so I hate the both of you with every fiber of my being. 

Get logic'd.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why do some people get so personally offended by this opinion lmao. Woe you disagree cool it's just an opinion. Relax. 

And how many people play CE again? Weird that someone who plays the least populated Halo game would use a "no one would play" argument. 

Sheesh. If a harder snipe is something that would stop you from playing then that's just a big fat yikes. Snipe has been brain dead garbage in literally most halo games. H2/H2A/H4/H5/CE MCC. All those snipes aim for you. That's a vast majority of games. Shit needs to be a lot harder to use overall. 

I like this game tho. It's fun. This dude is the same guy that thought H5 needed faster spawning power items and camo/os on every map. An opinion no fucking one that played h5 would even slightly agree with. Lolllllllllllllllll

Wait I like this one better: another opinion brought to you by the guy that got stomped in customs, took it personally and cried on a forum 

H3 doesn’t snipe for you at all. You have to have good aim to snipe even decently. Do you expect people with good aim to be be bad at hitting shots?

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

H3 doesn’t snipe for you at all. You have to have good aim to snipe even decently. Do you expect people with good aim to be be bad at hitting shots?

I'm convinced you don't read things before you respond. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Thats like me saying look how easy it is to headshot someone while playing Swat. Sure aiming isn't hard, but I'm not hitting 4 shots on every person I run into in normal game modes. It doesn't correlate well with regular gameplay really at all.

I'm not offended, I just thought the post was funny. Play what you like. I just think its an extremely niche game mode that most people can't get behind.

I think the general consensus has been that we have wanted less aim assist/magnetism in snipers for awhile now. It's not that we don't want a harder to use sniper, your example is just absurd. I also don't really think CE MCC is really easy to use, but thats just me.

WaterloggedAssuredBluefintuna-max-1mb.gi

You aren't the one getting offended. Wasn't in response to you. 

And the point in playing snipes is to show the difficulty of simply using the weapon. Against someone also using the weapon. To show that it's not mechanically that difficult. I don't get how you aren't seeing this. It's not the end all be all it's just a point. Comparing it to SWAT is just ridiculous. 

And come on this CE snipe is piss easy. Especially with the RNG pistol. Play any BTB map or HeH and it's not even fair. I don't even play CE and I can snipe like it's no issue. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.