CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

Just got done watching a Baker Mayfield interview, came here right after and what do I see? Lol. Wild.

3 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Honestly, that was more of a promotional thing. That maybe people on Steam who liked it would go to the MS Store and buy Halo Wars 2. Lol.

It’s proven fact more people paid for HW1 than 2 so clearly it didn’t work. 

50 minutes ago, Mhunterjr said:

Tbh modern aiming almost makes me like Halo 3. Almost. 

On what settings? No matter how I jig it around there is still insane mud-drag when switching sides horizontally or diagonally.

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gaard said:

On what settings? No matter how I jig it around there is still insane mud-drag when switching sides horizontally or diagonally.

What settings you on? 

37 minutes ago, Gaard said:

If you want settings to feel like the original 360 version:

Axial Dead Zone: 20

Radial Dead Zone: 8 for Halo 3. 9 for Halo 2/CE

Sensitivity: I used 3 on the original and 2.5 for MCC

Look Acceleration: I use 5, but go to 6 or 7 if turning is too slow for you.

11 hours ago, Gaard said:

I'll actually have to get back to you on that. Im not 100% happy with my current settings. But I do like that my reticle goes exactly where I expect it to... Much diagonal wonkiness. 

The shitty magnum is a little less shitty now that I can reliably land shots.

It's really jarring going From H2/H2A to H3 in the social Playlist though. It always feels like jumping into molasses. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:07 AM, Gaard said:

Yeah me 2, anyone who can provide me with settings so it becomes like OG sens 3 in halo 3?

10 hours ago, stagierewe said:

Yeah me 2, anyone who can provide me with settings so it becomes like OG sens 3 in halo 3?

No matter what you will never get OG sens and it’s necausw of the looser analog sticks of the Xbox one.

Did you guys catch Baker Mayfield playing MCC with snipedown? Real fun stream. He's not bad considering he probably hasn't played in years and hes playing against people who play everyday

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, AkaDemiK said:

maybe this can help y’all 

Comment from the OP r.e. slow turn:

"So slow turn is a known issue at the moment, I'm hoping it'll get sorted soon. It's caused by an imbalanced ratio between the acceleration zones. In the original games, horizontal turn was roughly double the pace of the vertical turn. Same for MCC Classic. So it's roughly horizontal:vertical 2:1. In MCC Modern, horizontal is about the same as it always was, but vertical (for HCE, H2C and H3) is slower. So it's something like 2:0.7 or so. So when you're tilting diagonally down, and you're closer to south than you are to east or west, the game switches to the vertical accel zone and slows right down. You can find the biting point between these two zone at around 45 degrees from south and east/west. Same goes for looking diagonally up as well. It's a known issue with the current build. Best I can say for now is to up your Look Acceleration a little bit, and just keep in mind that the vertical accel zone is a little slow at the moment compared to horizontal."

Good to know it wasn't only me. I've seen a few of you guys on here also having this issue, so this explains it. My controls are almost perfect apart from this issue. Slow enough for fine aiming, fast enough to turn around, but slow turn is killing any diagonal looks. Current setup on h3 is H:4 V:4 Accel:10 Radial & Axial: Can't remember, will edit later

On 1/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, stagierewe said:

Wait, people are now actually wanting their aim to feel like OG Halo 3? 

big-lebowski-ashes.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

I can’t go back to classic aiming in halo 3 if I play it. I don’t know why anyone would want to tweak the settings to play that way. The og aiming is terrible for many reasons already discussed over the years. More power to you though. 

• Like (+1) 1

TIL having a shitty connection = easy sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/exuberant-umbra/video/68489292

That's a negative, Chief. Connection was fine.

This isnt lockstep, halo 2+ try to predict what happens. Read the grenade netcode on reach that bungie put out. so your screen will largely be unaffected by lag so you cant tell lag is there. Og ce on tunnel link is the only game in the series where lag doesnt affect bullet trajectory/bullet location. Instead your input is just lagged. 

Prediction is the technique of changing client state before receiving authentication from the server. A simple example of prediction is shooting a gun. When the game receives input that the player has pulled the trigger, it immediately plays the muzzle flash effect and the gunshot sound. The client still has to wait for host authentication to actually damage anything, but the immediate cosmetic feedback makes it feel responsive. All direct player control is predicted in this way, including aiming and movement.

A more complicated example is the grenade throw. In early versions of the game, when the player pressed the "throw grenade" button, the client would wait for host permission before playing the throw animation, making the throw feel unresponsive. To address this, they made the button press immediately predict the throw animation. However, the client still had to wait for host authentication before actually displaying the grenade object itself. Fortunately, the throw animation was distracting enough that players did not actually perceive the lag there. 

Another common lag hotspot is aiming at enemies. In Quake 3, if you aim the crosshair directly at someone running across the screen, and then pull the trigger, you will usually miss. By the time your "shoot" command gets to the server, the player is already somewhere else. Mr. Aldridge said that the way they handled this in Halo could fill up another entire talk, but the short version is that it sends target-relative gunshot information rather than world-relative. For example, if your crosshair is over someone's head, the game tells the server "I shot directly at the head of this player", and the server just checks if there is a clean shot from your gun to the player's head.

In Halo: Reach testing, the players had a dedicated "lag" button they would press whenever anything seemed laggy, so the developers could get real data about what lag was perceived. Whenever an event was receiving a lot of lag reports, the network engineers tried different ways to hide the lag, until the lag reports stopped. When most of the lag reports synced up precisely with testers losing games, they figured they had done enough.”

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Riddler said:

This isnt lockstep, halo 2+ try to predict what happens. Read the grenade netcode on reach that bungie put out. so your screen will largely be unaffected by lag so you cant tell lag is there. Og ce on tunnel link is the only game in the series where lag doesnt affect bullet trajectory/bullet location. Instead your input is just lagged. 

So my screen is largely unaffected by the lag that is somehow tangibly there that has two people immediately dying to shots I put into them as if lag didn't exist there.