CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

I bet they add Reach. 

I would not protest. If they made the base game TU'd I'd cry tears of joy as well.

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I would not protest. If they made the base game TU'd I'd cry tears of joy as well.

I will only accept reach if it’s TU for social and ranked. And if they gave us HC omg that be awesome. But knowing 343 they’ll forget to patch that over when reach gets put on mcc.

PC Release is more likely than adding Reach imo. CE/2 already use the PC engines, Halo 3's engine works well on PC (Halo Online), all they'd have to do is tweak H4's a bit. Adding a whole new engine to the game is probably harder than porting to PC. They are also going to want to build an audience for Infinite and its PC release, and releasing most of the saga onto PC would be a good way to build hype.

343 have also been pretty good about getting us to temper our expectations for other events, the fact that they've announced this almost 2 months in advance means it must be big, otherwise its going to be a fucking shitstorm if its customs browser which has already been confirmed. 

10 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

PC Release is more likely than adding Reach imo. CE/2 already use the PC engines, Halo 3's engine works well on PC (Halo Online), all they'd have to do is tweak H4's a bit. Adding a whole new engine to the game is probably harder than porting to PC. They are also going to want to build an audience for Infinite and its PC release, and releasing most of the saga onto PC would be a good way to build hype.

343 have also been pretty good about getting us to temper our expectations for other events, the fact that they've announced this almost 2 months in advance means it must be big, otherwise its going to be a fucking shitstorm if its customs browser which has already been confirmed. 

Would be cool if they got a pc release 

I'm hoping it'll be bigger than custom browser release date if they're teasing it this early. Like Chief said that was kind of already announced.

19 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Back to Smash with you! 

He doesn't even play anymore....

Probably got tired of my chain grabs on FD :simms:

4 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

He doesn't even play anymore....

Probably got tired of my chain grabs on FD :simms:

My name is being slandered but you already know i cant do netplay at university

ur chaingrabs are trash :simms:

• Fire (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Derelict is the best CE map and Damnation/Chill Out are overrated no @

This comment makes no sense wether you look at it seriously or sarcastically. Good comment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Derelict for 4v4 is one of my favorites. Really versatile map. Quite a bit more fun when your teammates read the kill log and know how to spawn up (or at least just consciously spread out) but still.

It would play 2’s so much better if you just moved the camo one camo-width out towards the ledge, so you could knock it down with one nade.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Pc release is the only thing that could fix this game's last fatal flaw (low pop). If it's anything else who cares. Imagine a world where microsoft isn't totally inept, and they realize the only way to compete with the fortnite's of 2019 is to have a flawless pc port and or crossplay. It's been my nagging suspicion (delusion?), that the only reason MCC ever got the funding for these updates was for the eventual pc port as Halo infinite marketing.

tin foil theory> the modern aiming update was a smart way to start working on mouse and keyboard support

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Only way halo on pc is succeeding is if M$ makes a deal with steam. 

Many players hate windows store, JS.

All they have to do is release paid content like skins. Mlg skins would be big bucks for mlg and 343 and esports. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seriously what is up with this modern aiming stuff. Cannot dial the settings into anything close to good.

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

All they have to do is release paid content like skins. Mlg skins would be big bucks for mlg and 343 and esports. 

Umm that be cool but for halo infinite. Cosmetic micros aren’t awful. Sure it be nice to have none but let’s be real here, they’re not doing that. And don’t expect anything 

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Seriously what is up with this modern aiming stuff. Cannot dial the settings into anything close to good.

Having issues with it too. I thought it was slow turn on my elite kicking in, but I've realised that on my 4/4 6 accel default deadzone sense my horizontal/vertical are perfect, the diagonals are SO slow and feels like slow turn half the time. Tried changing them but to no avail, anyone know how to fix? I saw something about deadzones having something to do with it?

On 1/24/2019 at 9:55 AM, Fixaimingsorry said:

Only way halo on pc is succeeding is if M$ makes a deal with steam. 

Many players hate windows store, JS.

Other MS games are on steam like Ori. I wouldn't rule it out. 

26 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Other MS games are on steam like Ori. I wouldn't rule it out. 

Ori is a second party franchise. Second party games usually make it to Steam. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are other examples of this. But most first party games don't make it to steam. The only one that did was the definitive edition of Halo Wars.

7 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Ori is a second party franchise. Second party games usually make it to Steam. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are other examples of this. But most first party games don't make it to steam. The only one that did was the definitive edition of Halo Wars.

Which just so happens to be in the same franchise... Anyway, here's hoping we get anything to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Which just so happens to be in the same franchise... Anyway, here's hoping we get anything to begin with. 

Honestly, that was more of a promotional thing. That maybe people on Steam who liked it would go to the MS Store and buy Halo Wars 2. Lol.