Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s because it’s a fast paced shooting weapon. A lack of a 3sk in ce mcc isn’t nearly as impactful as a 4sk not registering properly on h3/2

not to mention the map design of ce.

I mean I get all that. But when the fundamental aspect of the game is literally rng I don't see how it's that fun. Playing any game like that just feels wack since the winner of fights has basically nothing to do with gunskill. The pistol in CE is so random it's hilarious. As trash as other games are every single one has a more consistent utility on mcc. So if you can enjoy an fps where your main gun is pure randomness then hey enjoy what you like I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

People enjoy CE on MCC more than any other game. CE pistol is more RNG than the h3 BR on MCC. I mean clearly a super inconsistent gun doesn't affect people here the way it does to me. Like I'm not even making crazy claims at this point. 

Nah bruh, you said people who enjoy CE on MCC must enjoy the pistol not working as intended. You wanna complain about being called ignorant but then proceed to make ignorant statements like that. Come on now. You've been posting here long enough to know damn well we've been telling 343 to fix the damn thing for years.

CE on MCC is fun in spite of the pistol's broken state, not because of it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Nah bruh, you said people who enjoy CE on MCC must enjoy the pistol not working as intended. You wanna complain about being called ignorant but then proceed to make ignorant statements like that. Come on now. You've been posting here long enough to know damn well we've been telling 343 to fix the damn thing for years.

CE on MCC is fun in spite of the pistol's broken state, not because of 

Ok and I never said otherwise. You're just taking it that way. You clearly have fun playing a game where the pistol doesn't shoot straight do you not? That's exactly what I said. That I don't know how people can find a game fun where your gun is straight RNG. Like I don't get why you are taking this in such a weird way. Obviously people aren't playing it because it's RNG. No one here is being ignorant yall just love to throw that word around lol 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You clearly have fun playing a game where the pistol doesn't shoot straight do you not? That's exactly what I said.

Uh no. That's not what you said.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

The pistol straight up doesn't work and I don't know how people can find it fun not knowing whether their bullets will hit or not. 

^As you can see, you didn't say we have fun playing a game that just so happens to feature a pistol that doesn't shoot straight. You said that we consider not knowing whether our shots will hit is fun.

Listen here you potato, I'll give you a pass on this one. But next time you pull something like that, I'll 1v7 your entire squad next time we play customs. The salt will be real on your side and I'll laugh my way back to CE when I'm done. :ace:

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Fuck I wanna see the new broly movie. I heard he's been given an actual character this time beyond "giant infant." 

 

NO SPOILERS, POTENTIAL CUNTS.

spoiler about his character

 

he's actually just as bad

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey so I'm getting slow turn on Halo 2 and Halo 3 when using the modern aiming settings, any fixes out there? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FrankTheShow said:

Hey so I'm getting slow turn on Halo 2 and Halo 3 when using the modern aiming settings, any fixes out there? 

Deadzone 10% 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Ok and I never said otherwise. You're just taking it that way. You clearly have fun playing a game where the pistol doesn't shoot straight do you not? That's exactly what I said. That I don't know how people can find a game fun where your gun is straight RNG. Like I don't get why you are taking this in such a weird way. Obviously people aren't playing it because it's RNG. No one here is being ignorant yall just love to throw that word around lol 

Something to keep in mind, and something I've noticed from people who stream (especially in this community), is that a lot of people VASTLY overestimate their skill level in CE. They think they should be hitting 3-5 shots in every battle when their aim is clearly off. Not to say the pistol isn't wonky, because it very much is, but it's not like it's a 50/50 coin flip with every single fight on every single host. That's disingenuous and not the case unless your connection is just unadulterated trash. So when people complain about the pistol in CE, it's good to take them and their overall skill level with a huge grain of salt (myself included) because CE is a strange landscape. Everyone is the best and simultaneously trash at the game depending on who you ask, lol.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arftacular said:

Something to keep in mind, and something I've noticed from people who stream (especially in this community), is that a lot of people VASTLY overestimate their skill level in CE. They think they should be hitting 3-5 shots in every battle when their aim is clearly off. Not to say the pistol isn't wonky, because it very much is, but it's not like it's a 50/50 coin flip with every single fight on every single host. That's disingenuous and not the case unless your connection is just unadulterated trash. So when people complain about the pistol in CE, it's good to take them and their overall skill level with a huge grain of salt (myself included) because CE is a strange landscape. Everyone is the best and simultaneously trash at the game depending on who you ask, lol.

It doesn’t help that the game has a huge ass reticule with other random garbage. It be nice if we could decrease in order to compensate spread and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post

Just tried modern aiming for the first time. Definitely requires a sensitivity tweak, the twitch shooting is a lot different now, but I like it. 

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope 343 gets a clue and uses the dmr or Br as the main utility weapon. Look let’s be real here a pistol as the main weapon is dumb, you will not find a single game where the pistol is dominant, and this isn’t one of those things that’ll make halo look unique it’ll just be fucking stupid. The dmr is the most logical in the sense we want a powerful utility weapon, but low AA. Honestly dmr fits that category, great at range so sniper doesn’t become OP because it’ll be far easier to counter the sniper at a distance with a dmr, & the ttk easily can be lowered to 1 second. although the 1.3 seconds isn’t too big a deal. The weapon is also perfect as it’s not random at all(h5 dmr basically v7 dmr but higher bullet mag which clearly be grateful for less). All in all it’s a great utility weapon.   And I’ll say this again giving a weapon a skin to look like a Br,dmr,pistol as customization makes literally no sense unless they have a weapon specifically called “utility weapon”. No one likes a pistol over a rifle it’s honestly just stupid people that do. 

  • Salt (-1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I hope 343 gets a clue and uses the dmr or Br as the main utility weapon. Look let’s be real here a pistol as the main weapon is dumb, you will not find a single game where the pistol is dominant, and this isn’t one of those things that’ll make halo look unique it’ll just be fucking stupid. The dmr is the most logical in the sense we want a powerful utility weapon, but low AA. Honestly dmr fits that category, great at range so sniper doesn’t become OP because it’ll be far easier to counter the sniper at a distance with a dmr, & the ttk easily can be lowered to 1 second. although the 1.3 seconds isn’t too big a deal. The weapon is also perfect as it’s not random at all(h5 dmr basically v7 dmr but higher bullet mag which clearly be grateful for less). All in all it’s a great utility weapon.   And I’ll say this again giving a weapon a skin to look like a Br,dmr,pistol as customization makes literally no sense unless they have a weapon specifically called “utility weapon”. No one likes a pistol over a rifle it’s honestly just stupid people that do. 

Wow look at this shit that doesn't matter. The pistol as the utility feels good to me cause it feels more powerful. Who cares what the gun looks like, give the game character instead of worrying what everyone else is doing. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I hope 343 gets a clue and uses the dmr or Br as the main utility weapon. Look let’s be real here a pistol as the main weapon is dumb, you will not find a single game where the pistol is dominant, and this isn’t one of those things that’ll make halo look unique it’ll just be fucking stupid. The dmr is the most logical in the sense we want a powerful utility weapon, but low AA. Honestly dmr fits that category, great at range so sniper doesn’t become OP because it’ll be far easier to counter the sniper at a distance with a dmr, & the ttk easily can be lowered to 1 second. although the 1.3 seconds isn’t too big a deal. The weapon is also perfect as it’s not random at all(h5 dmr basically v7 dmr but higher bullet mag which clearly be grateful for less). All in all it’s a great utility weapon.   And I’ll say this again giving a weapon a skin to look like a Br,dmr,pistol as customization makes literally no sense unless they have a weapon specifically called “utility weapon”. No one likes a pistol over a rifle it’s honestly just stupid people that do. 

Now this.

This is some big yikes. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

This might hl iceprincess. Just ignore it. 

 

The pistol is clearly the best primary because it takes up the least place space. However lots of people cant get off aesthetics so just add a br/dmr/carbine/light rifle/needle rifle skin and be done with it. No burst fire

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Riddler said:

The pistol is clearly the best primary because it takes up the least place. However lots of people cant get off asethics so just add a br/dmr/carbine/light rifle/needle rifle skin and be done with it. No burst fire

I would lowkey kill for a needle rifle skin like that. Wow what an underatedly fun gun.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I would lowkey kill for a needle rifle skin like that. Wow what an underatedly fun gun.

How many other prominent games have a gun that shoots pink needles though? :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I would lowkey kill for a needle rifle skin like that. Wow what an underatedly fun gun.

You can not find a single game that does this. They’d have to code something to be “utility weapon” then code it to look like said weapon. No developer is going to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Wow look at this shit that doesn't matter. The pistol as the utility feels good to me cause it feels more powerful. Who cares what the gun looks like, give the game character instead of worrying what everyone else is doing. 

It feels more powerful because 1. Everything else was made into shit! 

2. The 3sk pistol CE has was completely on ACCIDENT, and even THEN one could easily make a rifle do that, oh wait it’s called the h5 LR(scoped). 

But let’s be real here the ce pistol will never be the utility in halo again, so it’s far more logical to have a dmr over a pistol, or a non spread BR. Sure from a comp perspective one doesn’t care but it doesn’t help when we have a thread complaining how a pistol aka a side arm is stronger than a rifle(this is a thread on waypoint and at times even gets mentioned on Twitter, you know the places 343 actually looks at) 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, RVG E Nomini said:

I could swear I heard something about party matching in social but maybe it was just ranked only. Gotta take it a day at a time with 343 man.

I watched you beat Zyos quite a few times on his twitch stream in 2v2s. Not sure how much you post here but know that most of us appreciate CE's competitive merit above any other halo. The people who don't are still being sorted out and dealt with until they conform. This is one of those cases where independent thinking makes you wrong lol.


Zyos is playing halo?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You can not find a single game that does this. They’d have to code something to be “utility weapon” then code it to look like said weapon. No developer is going to do that.

ce pc and h3 online literally has this. ce pc has every weapon skin u can stick on any gun and h3 online last time i checked had h2/h3/h4/h2a br skin you could stick on the h3 br. it's not hard to code at all. coding the bullets to be pink is literally easy af as long as its client side which is what matters. coding it to be server side isn't much harder when you have the source code. ce pc is what we should strive for in game customization. you can choose between halo 3, reach, or 4 medals. you can attach any weapon skin to any gun (tho keep it realistic for h6/mcc), you have the map editor tool so you can make stock maps, you can make your own weapons, edit any weapon kill time/traits like aim assist/bm, etc

It's seriously not hard. like listen to what you typed. how is it any different than "they'd have to code something to be a "br" then code it to look like said "br." ????????? thats what every game dev has done for any weapon ever created. if we're looking at h5, they just have to change the RoF on the current weapons and give them the same ammo. the mag and dmr already share the same RoF. h5 already has weapon skins that share the same ammo. instead of being a unicorn skin, it could be a needle rifle skin

also the light rifle scoped kills like... 2x slower than the h1 pistol at 1.135 compared to .6. the br in h5 has a kill time of 1.3. that doesnt really make it feel powerful

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why is it the only defense for the op shit in ce is “you have a powerful utility” this literally doesn’t mean shit when the only way you’re taking out the guy with rockets is if you see him when he’s unaware, which happens in h2,3,reach, 4, & 5 just as much. (No it doesn't.) 

Halo 5s abilities work (Just in case you forgot you said that)

Who am I talking to? Probably the guy I quoted. Enjoy your movie.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Riddler said:

ce pc and h3 online literally has this. ce pc has every weapon skin u can stick on any gun and h3 online last time i checked had h2/h3/h4/h2a br skin you could stick on the h3 br. it's not hard to code at all. coding the bullets to be pink is literally easy af as long as its client side which is what matters. coding it to be server side isn't much harder when you have the source code. ce pc is what we should strive for in game customization. you can choose between halo 3, reach, or 4 medals. you can attach any weapon skin to any gun (tho keep it realistic for h6/mcc), you have the map editor tool so you can make stock maps, you can make your own weapons, edit any weapon kill time/traits like aim assist/bm, etc

It's seriously not hard. like listen to what you typed. how is it any different than "they'd have to code something to be a "br" then code it to look like said "br." ????????? thats what every game dev has done for any weapon ever created. if we're looking at h5, they just have to change the RoF on the current weapons and give them the same ammo. the mag and dmr already share the same RoF. h5 already has weapon skins that share the same ammo. instead of being a unicorn skin, it could be a needle rifle skin

also the light rifle scoped kills like... 2x slower than the h1 pistol at 1.135 compared to .6. the br in h5 has a kill time of 1.3. that doesnt really make it feel powerful

That’s not even close to the same thing. You can customize to the battle rifle to look like other irritations of the Br so it’s not a big deal, stop using games no one plays, no one knows jack shit about anymore as references! You can’t make the BR look like a dmr can you? Or make the br look like the carbine. And yet you forget what I also said, is no developer is going to do that when that weapon dmr,br are different, they’re specific weapons in the game. And halo pc is also ran by modDers. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to have this but it’s unrealistic to expect that to happen at all. Modders make a gun like the plasma pistol shoot out rockets, that’s how unrealistic it is to have that level of customization. It’s customizatijn that just isn’t going to happen.

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

Who am I talking to? Probably the guy I quoted. Enjoy your movie.

No I didn’t, that was beast you moron.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.