CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

23 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why is it the only defense for the op shit in ce is “you have a powerful utility” this literally doesn’t mean shit when the only way you’re taking out the guy with rockets is if you see him when he’s unaware, which happens in h2,3,reach, 4, & 5 just as much. Also h5 rockets are weak as shit honestly, at least the SPKR rockets are, the original h5 rockets are the powerful ones.  

Halo 5s abilities work because of the extreme accurate weapons, and yes like someone stated op weapons. 

? Flanking happens a lot more in ce and in h2+ the rocket guy just gets behind a corner if you flank him since ttk is so long then obviously you cant turn the corner to fight him. If its 4v4, rockets are a weaker power wep than snipe (tho thats all games).  and if we’re talking mcc youre more likely to just win since pistol is easy mode and rockets are nerfed. U can fire 3 shots before the rockets hit you from most distances. Jump off a platform and rocket guy cant kill you unless its a direct rocket. Theres also a sniper on 30s respawn that can headshot or double body before a rocket comes out. 

“Op shit in ce” bruh op shit implies something is underpowered and/or average. When everything is “OP,” nothing is actually overpowered. The correct term is powerful just fyi. Rockets, snipe, nades, primary, shotgun, pr, melees, and camo are all more powerful than they were in any sequel (okay minus h4/h3 beam). Os and ar are tied. Pp loses to h2 only. Tho pp and pr dont work on mcc. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why is it the only defense for the op shit in ce is “you have a powerful utility” this literally doesn’t mean shit when the only way you’re taking out the guy with rockets is if you see him when he’s unaware, which happens in h2,3,reach, 4, & 5 just as much. Also h5 rockets are weak as shit honestly, at least the SPKR rockets are, the original h5 rockets are the powerful ones.  

Halo 5s abilities work because of the extreme accurate weapons, and yes like someone stated op weapons. 

It’s not the only defense. You’re forgetting about grenades completely (something I’m sure you’ll also complain about being too strong). There’s a theme there. Everything is strong in H1. PR or PP from the right angle will beat rockets. I’m not gonna run through the whole list for you. You should get it. Yes, rockets are strong, but so is everything, so you better hit your first shot. That rate of fire won’t give you a second chance most of the time.

You also have to be really careful about where you are with rockets so you don’t get sniped, or PR’d, or naded, or pistol’d, etc. when you go 4/4 with the rockets every time then we can talk about how unstoppable they are. And even then, you earned them. You’re not factoring in that either. Don’t like dying to rockets? Try getting them.

The fact you compared seeing a rocket guy in H1 to any game after it shows how little you actually know what you’re talking about. Other games give you time to get away. In H1 you can actually punish someone for being out of position. Seriously dude, just play the game. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Then you said abilities worked in H5 and it allll made sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Optimum controller settings for the latest update:

Sensitivity: If your OG sensitivity was below 5, drop it by 0.5. If it was above 5, drop it by 1. So if you used to play at 3, try 2.5.

Look Axial Dead Zone: 20

Look Radial Dead Zone: 9 for CE and Halo 2. 8 for Halo 3.

Look Acceleration: 5

20 hours ago, Automaton said:

You guys absolutely destroyed us, haha. GGs though. I couldn't break any of the setups you had on Dammy and Derelict.

Honestly, it's nothing against you or any player in particular. Like you said, some people just want to play with their friends. That's absolutely fine and you should be able to do that. This is more or less an issue that the developer needs to address. Give me some additional options on the match composer to avoid those scenarios. I'll gladly wait 5 minutes to have a balanced match.

I can only assume that even the social playlist has some MMR attached. Most days, when I play on my monitor in my office, I am a total tryhard and play to win. Other times, like last night, I just wanna chill on the couch with a beer and have some fun games on my laggy 4K TV. So those Halo sessions are much worse for me, if I'm going to get matched up against talented players.

I could swear I heard something about party matching in social but maybe it was just ranked only. Gotta take it a day at a time with 343 man.

9 hours ago, Mat Logan said:

It's funny how people here complain about MCC HCE hit reg off host. It's actually MUCH easier to shoot off host than it is to shoot on host, no matter how far away the host/server is from you. It's basically XBC in reverse. Most of the kids complaining about hit registration here would cry if they actually hosted games, and would call their mothers after 5 minutes of playing OG Halo. This is Halo 1, boys. You're not going to constantly hit those 3 shots if you're not making an effort. I am not surprised that some of you prefer H3 over CE. I've been playing the game a lot the past month and it's actually OK. Of course online is frustrating but I don't recall a game that was not frustrating when played online... But hey, I'm in France and I can play with Colombians in decent conditions, and I don't even have fiber optics! I just wish they made the system link exactly the same as OG Halo and brought back the PR stun. shotgun  should be more consistent too. If they can make aiming with the pistol a tad harder off host, that would be cherry on the cake...

but for now, PLEASE BRING BACK THE REAL OG SYSTEM LINK! Just port it! That's all we want! This way, the players that are unhappy with the way online feels right now could just play on XLAN or xlink Kai and experience the good old XBC lead. That's all we need, really! We're not asking much, are we?

I watched you beat Zyos quite a few times on his twitch stream in 2v2s. Not sure how much you post here but know that most of us appreciate CE's competitive merit above any other halo. The people who don't are still being sorted out and dealt with until they conform. This is one of those cases where independent thinking makes you wrong lol.

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

lol chill people can like other games.

I like all the games. I don’t think anyone takes issue with liking what you like. It’s the confident ignorance that probably shouldn’t go unchecked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

“Op shit in ce” bruh op shit implies something is underpowered and/or average. When everything is “OP,” nothing is actually overpowered. The correct term is powerful just fyi. Rockets, snipe, nades, primary, shotgun, pr, melees, and camo are all more powerful than they were in any sequel (okay minus h4/h3 beam). Os and ar are tied. Pp loses to h2 only. Tho pp and pr dont work on mcc. 

Disagree. Modern Warfare 2 is a game where damn near everything is overpowered, and the game isn't average as a result, it's just damn chaotic. Something that's overpowered stands out. When everything dominates in a sheer manner like that, it tends to be chaos. Which differs from being powerful, and extends to being overwhelmingly obnoxious. Stuff like OMA gained a reputation, but it's not necessarily a gigantic leap from what you have already. It's just added quantity. 

Then you have Black Ops 4, where specific things are overpowered and other things suck dick. Like SMGs to the Titan, the former having projectile physics and bullet damage drop off, on top of recoil, whereas the latter has none of that. With the Titan in turn having an OpMod that enables obnoxious screenshake nothing else has. THAT is overpowered in relation to shit around it.

I love how "confident ignorance" only applies when people talk about CE. Yet the same people are doing the same shit to later games. Crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People that assert that rockets and other power items in Halo 1 don't require enough arbitrary skill to be able to properly utilize to be able to justify their existence within Halo 1's weapon sandbox are mostly likely not capable of doing similar things like this when playing against competent Halo 1 opponents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPwvAjM-n8&feature=youtu.be&t=6m28s

Most competent Halo 1 players are not going to be against the concept of power items because they are competent enough with the tools in Halo 1's weapon sandbox to be able to contest and outplay their opponents even when their opponents have control of rockets, camo, and OS. It doesn't matter that much if you're at a disadvantage due to your opponents having control of the power items or due to your oppnents having control of the power postions as long as the Halo game has a competent utility weapon and other competent tools within the weapon sandbox. Halo 1's weapon sandbox is a decent example of this. The pistol, sniper, grenades, AR, shotgun, plasma rilfe, and plasma pistol are all competent enough tools that are capable of contesting rockets, camo, and OS if utilized properly.

The pistol and sniper in Halo 1 have enough utility to them to be able to contest rockets at close, medium, and long range. The AR, shotgun, plasma rifle, and plasma pistol are competent enough niche situational weapons in Halo 1 to be able to contest rockets at close range. Grenades in Halo 1 have enough utilty to them to be able to contest rockets, camo, and OS.

Not only are rockets in Halo 1 balanced due to the other tools in Halo 1's sandbox they are also balanced due to them spawning every two min on most maps, only spawning with 4 rounds in them, having a slow rate of fire, having a slow reload speed, having a slow projectile velocity, and the 180(turn) glitch. Rockets are also balanced in Halo 1 due to only being able to get two extra rounds when trying to stack a new rocket with an old rocket.

While rockets in Halo 1 are pretty useful at medium range they are pretty risky to use at close range because you can end up accidentally killing yourself with them. Rockets in Halo 1 aren't as useful at long range as they are at close and medium range due to their slow projectile velocity. The roles of the rocket launcher and sniper rifle in Halo 1 kind of swap on BTB maps due to the long lines of sight. For an example on Blood Gulch the sniper spawns every to 2 min instead of every 30 seconds and the rockets spawn every 90 seconds instead of every 2 min.

Rockets in Halo 1 are usually placed in vulnerable positions on the map such as the rocket pit on Damnation and the rocket pillar on Chill Out. In order to obtain rockets in Halo 1 you need to either put yourself in a vulnerable position on the map or nade the rockets to yourself. Even if your goal is not to obtain rockets but to use them as bait instead you still have to be able to put yourself in a postion to be able to contest your opponents for rocket control.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 1/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

I know people love CE here but on MCC the game is on par with halo 3 in terms of rng. The pistol straight up doesn't work and I don't know how people can find it fun not knowing whether their bullets will hit or not. 

Nobody considers inconsistent bullet registration or random spread fun. Pulling shit out of thin air at this point aren't ya?

33 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Nobody considers inconsistent bullet registration or random spread fun. Pulling shit out of thin air at this point aren't ya?

I want you to re read this and think for a minute before you respond. 

Nothing here was posted to be flaming or anything even close man. Relax. 

7 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Optimum controller settings for the latest update:

Sensitivity: If your OG sensitivity was below 5, drop it by 0.5. If it was above 5, drop it by 1. So if you used to play at 3, try 2.5.

Look Axial Dead Zone: 20

Look Radial Dead Zone: 9 for CE and Halo 2. 8 for Halo 3.

Look Acceleration: 5

I’ll try it out.

8 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It’s not the only defense. You’re forgetting about grenades completely (something I’m sure you’ll also complain about being too strong). There’s a theme there. Everything is strong in H1. PR or PP from the right angle will beat rockets. I’m not gonna run through the whole list for you. You should get it. Yes, rockets are strong, but so is everything, so you better hit your first shot. That rate of fire won’t give you a second chance most of the time.

You also have to be really careful about where you are with rockets so you don’t get sniped, or PR’d, or naded, or pistol’d, etc. when you go 4/4 with the rockets every time then we can talk about how unstoppable they are. And even then, you earned them. You’re not factoring in that either. Don’t like dying to rockets? Try getting them.

The fact you compared seeing a rocket guy in H1 to any game after it shows how little you actually know what you’re talking about. Other games give you time to get away. In H1 you can actually punish someone for being out of position. Seriously dude, just play the game. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Then you said abilities worked in H5 and it allll made sense.

Who the FUCK are you talking too? I didn’t say abilities worked, I have played the fucking game, also you can punish people for being out of position in any halo.

ill be back in 1.5 hours cause I’m at the theaters watching dbs broly 

35 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Who the FUCK are you talking too? I didn’t say abilities worked, I have played the fucking game, also you can punish people for being out of position in any halo.

ill be back in 1.5 hours cause I’m at the theaters watching dbs broly 

Weird flex, but okay 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

I think the funnier part is that it was added afterwards.

That isn't real lmao

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not even shitting you.

Unreal.

16 hours ago, Mat Logan said:

It's funny how people here complain about MCC HCE hit reg off host. It's actually MUCH easier to shoot off host than it is to shoot on host, no matter how far away the host/server is from you. It's basically XBC in reverse. Most of the kids complaining about hit registration here would cry if they actually hosted games, and would call their mothers after 5 minutes of playing OG Halo. This is Halo 1, boys. You're not going to constantly hit those 3 shots if you're not making an effort. I am not surprised that some of you prefer H3 over CE. I've been playing the game a lot the past month and it's actually OK. Of course online is frustrating but I don't recall a game that was not frustrating when played online... But hey, I'm in France and I can play with Colombians in decent conditions, and I don't even have fiber optics! I just wish they made the system link exactly the same as OG Halo and brought back the PR stun. shotgun  should be more consistent too. If they can make aiming with the pistol a tad harder off host, that would be cherry on the cake...

but for now, PLEASE BRING BACK THE REAL OG SYSTEM LINK! Just port it! That's all we want! This way, the players that are unhappy with the way online feels right now could just play on XLAN or xlink Kai and experience the good old XBC lead. That's all we need, really! We're not asking much, are we?

Most people here complain about hit reg period... not hit reg offhost.

The fact that you play across the world on a subpar connection is why it isn't as bad for you. If you have a good connection, clients from Europe will shit on you.

As for OG system link, I mean just hook up your OG Xbox man. Sure I'd love a modern option but most everyone in the CE community has an OG Xbox. And we'd keep playing on OG Xbox actually because vanilla Halo 1 with spawn sounds and spread is worse than having a high resolution, although a better framerate would debatably be more preferable... Anyway, hopefully www.xqemu.com takes care of this problem soon, they've made tremendous progress on Xbox emulation and we can run NHE on it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I want you to re read this and think for a minute before you respond. 

Nothing here was posted to be flaming or anything even close man. Relax. 

What are you even talking about?

Fuck I wanna see the new broly movie. I heard he's been given an actual character this time beyond "giant infant." 

NO SPOILERS, POTENTIAL CUNTS.

34 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

What are you even talking about?

People enjoy CE on MCC more than any other game. CE pistol is more RNG than the h3 BR on MCC. I mean clearly a super inconsistent gun doesn't affect people here the way it does to me. Like I'm not even making crazy claims at this point. 

57 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Fuck I wanna see the new broly movie. I heard he's been given an actual character this time beyond "giant infant." 

NO SPOILERS, POTENTIAL CUNTS.

I’ll spoil one thing, the movie was sick af and the animation was crazy good! 

54 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

People enjoy CE on MCC more than any other game. CE pistol is more RNG than the h3 BR on MCC. I mean clearly a super inconsistent gun doesn't affect people here the way it does to me. Like I'm not even making crazy claims at this point. 

It’s because it’s a fast paced shooting weapon. A lack of a 3sk in ce mcc isn’t nearly as impactful as a 4sk not registering properly on h3/2

not to mention the map design of ce.